• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's a good secondary for Kirby?

Surgical Precision

Smash Rookie
Most people can beat Mk's with no reason. The problem is a bunch of ***s who believe he has no weakness and can't be stopped even if you are better than the person. And all these other gay reasons...So as a result people are pushing for a ban of Mk in tourneys.

And i don't know about you but I use thunder all the time..stops your opponents recovery plans and allows you to even approach and retreat well. try retreating thunder against an aggressive opponent,they will most likely run into it multiple times.I've even killed a few people who have knocked me into the air at high percents and I managed to fall fast and do a perfectly timed thunder that my opponent who was about to attack me gets hit by and dies.I have replays of it.
Yah I'm all to aware of that issue... It would seem Nintendo didn't gimp the game quite enough for most people to be happy with it...

At this rate the main objective of the next installment in the series (If any) well be petting puppy's & kittens... :dizzy:

I would love to see some of those replays of yours... I do know of a few Pika users who spam that attack but they usually leave themselves wide open for a counter...

I would love to see someone actually put it to good use aside from using it after a up throw...

ron561

Smash Journeyman
Yah I'm all to aware of that issue... It would seem Nintendo didn't gimp the game quite enough for most people to be happy with it...

At this rate the main objective of the next installment in the series (If any) well be petting puppy's & kittens... :dizzy:

I would love to see some of those replays of yours... I do know of a few Pika users who spam that attack but they usually leave themselves wide open for a counter...

I would love to see someone actually put it to good use aside from using it after a up throw...
I got a funny one i did last night against a clan member.Last killed he knocked me into the air,did a fair right into my thunder and got owned.I'll be happy to send it to u.

But yeah,in my week or so with playing pikachu as a second,thunder can be put to very good use.Uair and thunder isnt at all affective unless ur opponent is a newb and doesn't move from above you.I tend to make sure I have more than enough time to evade an attack if im going to use thunder while retreating or edge guarding or whatever

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
well i use 3 other characters if my kirby gets beat sometimes. Depends on who they play, how they play and how good they are.

Those 3 are Peach, PT, and Jiggs

Tiersie

Smash Ace
well, i main olimar and secondary kirby, its a great combo and kirby dominates all of olis bad matchups like peach, weegee, and olimar owns or covers most bad matchups for kirby like the links, or ices, or anything bad for kirby just about, the only two matchups not covered good(or even close to even, like 45-55) by either of them are rob and marth
I lol'd

regular link is NOT a bad matchup for kirby. As a matter of fact I don't think he's a bad matchup for anyone. Including falcon.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I lol'd

regular link is NOT a bad matchup for kirby. As a matter of fact I don't think he's a bad matchup for anyone. Including falcon.
Come on... he's not THAT bad... Pretty close to that bad unfortunately, but not *quite* there yet.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That's actually being debated Corr. Ganons put it at 65-35 Ganon, and CFs put it at 60-40 CF, so...

Personally, I think Ganon has the upper hand, but what do I know.

Also, Izaw's Link is a bad matchup for EVERYONE :laugh:

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Izaw's link is overated.

I went there. But it's true. It's GROSSLY overrated. His only vids are against a CF anyways. Also my friend's seen him play. And if he's such a bad matchup why did he place 14th in a 50 person tourney in Holland? No. Izaw's link isn't that good.

Lol off topic.

Glick

Smash Lord
Izaw's link is overated.

I went there. But it's true. It's GROSSLY overrated. His only vids are against a CF anyways. Also my friend's seen him play. And if he's such a bad matchup why did he place 14th in a 50 person tourney in Holland? No. Izaw's link isn't that good.

Lol off topic.
That falcon places very nicely in that area. He goes by the name of rebaz and some consider him to be the best brawl captain falcon of all time.

TKD

Smash Lord
Just get better with Kirby...I recommend Dedede as your secondary.

Dedede can take R.O.B., Snake and Marth if you're good enough. Kirby can too, but he takes more skill against those than Dedede.

Toon Link can take G&W and any other character you feel like it, but you have to play him really well. I only recommend him because playing Toon Link would make you original.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
That falcon places very nicely in that area. He goes by the name of rebaz and some consider him to be the best brawl captain falcon of all time.
I live in "that area" and if the best CF of all time hasn't placed top 8 yet then falcon really deserves to be that low. Ugh. I have a tourney with him tomorrow. Please don't talk **** without knowing.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Metaknight = fail for anyone in Melbourne, Australia. He's been banned down here. =/

I second Diddy seeing as he has a solid air game, great recovery, as well as an awesome spike and lest we fo'get the B-A-N-A-N-A-S. =)

And if all else fails, there is no "Ganon". He shall now be known simply as...

THE DORF.

HE WILL DORF YOU IN THE DORF WITH A MOTHERDORFING DORF.

Dorf.
And now to reminisce of a hilarious Dorf moment.

"No! Not up-tilt you dumb ****! Up-SMASH! GAH!"
*Dorf takes a well-timed kirby copied Warlock Punch to the crotch*
*Dorf dies*
*facepalm*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
O.o

Why would you copy warlock punch?! (Unless just for the hell of it)

I'm finding Mario to be fairly effective as a secondary, especially against ROB. I know some Mario players say he's one of the worst matchups, but seriously, there is no one I'd rather face ROB with. Caped Gyros make up 2/3 of my ROB kills (Had an epic one the other day. Caped ROB as he launched it, it turned him around, launched into the wall (On Frigate, the platform had gone down), bounced back at him and killed him.

He gets destroyed by D3 though, and probably Marth (I dunno, I don't have trouble with Marth, but I can see why you would).

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
I have recently come to realize that my Kirby has a severe problem fighting Marth. I went to a Brawl tournament last night and got 2nd to a DK player who counter-picked Marth against me after I 2stocked his DK. I was contemplating going MK during our 2nd match but I wasnt sure my MK was good enough. So here I am wondering if I should pick him up again so I can stop this kids Marth. My only concern is that if MK gets banned then I am out of luck, and I really have no interest in learning Snake atm.

Any advice :\

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I have recently come to realize that my Kirby has a severe problem fighting Marth. I went to a Brawl tournament last night and got 2nd to a DK player who counter-picked Marth against me after I 2stocked his DK. I was contemplating going MK during our 2nd match but I wasnt sure my MK was good enough. So here I am wondering if I should pick him up again so I can stop this kids Marth. My only concern is that if MK gets banned then I am out of luck, and I really have no interest in learning Snake atm.

Any advice :\
Well Marth does have a 70-30 match up against kirby IIRC >_>

I don't have much problems against marth's just the ones that spam that side b move thing

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
While it's technically not a good matchup, I use Mario vs Marth. FLUDD, fireballs, and cape all seem really useful against him. Especially fireballs. More fireballs. FIRE!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
After playing offline, I have come to realize that beating G&W is actually pretty easy.

Beating Marth is by no means easy, but much easier offline (same with G&W, both characters are hard as @#$#%%$^%$^ online)

I played a really good Marth, Omega XF, in a friendly on Saturday, and while I lost, it wasn't really that hard.
He ledgecamped a lot though. It was pretty annoying, I was way ahead in percent, but I lost it at the end, partially because of all the ledge camping.
I think I could have won if I got to play some more games with him, but the venue was so crowded and only had like 4-5 TVs available.

ROB's also easy. NAir is his best kill move, but it has startup lag and should be easy to predict and avoid, and even punish. His camping can be a problem, but this is Brawl, anyone's camping can be a problem -_-

I fought SamuraiPanda's Donkey Kong and got owned every time. He IS better than me, but I'm starting to wonder if DK is truly 50-50 against Kirby, because DK is so incredibly strong, and his kill moves have such ridiculous range and power.

And I think Marth was 65-35, not 70-30. Possibly even 60-40.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haven't really had much trouble vs DK, but then, whenever I see DK I pull out Mario anyway because of how ridiculously easy Mario vs DK is. Seriously, Mario makes DK his hairy little monkeyservant.

Then again, I have trouble vs ROB, so I guess it comes down to personal preference/style.

Top Bottom