• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would you replace, and why?

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
Truth, but there is already a bit of overlapping... and I'd say Paper Mario and G&W wouldn't be any worse than Mario/Dr Mario/Luigi, Ness/Lucas, etc, you know?

I find Mario pretty bland tbh, a twist like Paper Mario might make his moveset interest me! :laugh:

edit:
And Paper Mario IMO would not be good because it would just be another Dr. Mario, please... No More MARIOS!!! :(
Paper Mario would be a lot more unique than Dr. Mario. :p

Sieguest

Smash Master
I can't believe you guys don't know Earth Worm Jim, where's the respect, he's old school, in fact I wonder why there isn;t any new remakes or revivals of his games, they were addictive, EWJ rocks.

And Paper Mario IMO would not be good because it would just be another Dr. Mario, please... No More MARIOS!!! :(

EWJ is addictive...me and my search for retro games before my time hit me upon it...
but G&W BETTA!!! He's the retro champ...no one endangers Game and Watch's retro originality....:)

Sieguest

Smash Master
Yes, I wouldn't be pleased if Dr. Mario returned; he wasn't any different. Mario threw fire, he threw medicine. Thats it.
Doctor Mario was also slower than mario but his smashes were a bit better with in knockback Dr. Mario also has a longer...but narrower cape than regular mario

And the megavitamins vs. Fireballs...the trajectories of the two items were different...and power...

In my opinion DR. MARIO BETTA than mario...but also in my opinion I don't really think Paper Mario could be like a character more than say an assist trophy...smashing everyone with hammers...yeah...:)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Doctor Mario was also slower than mario but his smashes were a bit better with in knockback Dr. Mario also has a longer...but narrower cape than regular mario

And the megavitamins vs. Fireballs...the trajectories of the two items were different...and power...

In my opinion DR. MARIO BETTA than mario...but also in my opinion I don't really think Paper Mario could be like a character more than say an assist trophy...smashing everyone with hammers...yeah...:)
I probably should have played Melee more...
Seemed like a lazy way to add characters... retexture a mesh, change some values, voila. New... character? :confused:
They did alot of lazy things: they sped up Mario's voice for Luigi's.

megajosh2

Smash Cadet
I read all 63 pages of this thread: http://www.sma
Get rid of Wolf since he is a 2nd clone of Fox, get rid of Jigglypuff because (s)he sucks now, bring in MegaMan and K.Rool
MegaMan is awesome
DK series should get another character, it has less than Star Fox and Kirby when DK is one of Nintendo's best selling series (although 3 Kirby characters could have been because of Sakurai)
1. Wolf is barely a clone, seriously. All of his A moves are much different and the only things remotely similar are his specials. He's a Star Fox character, so having a shine is fair enough. His Side B is an illusion, and doesn't do the exact same thing as Falco and Fox's, fair enough. The up B is a stretch though, but I'm sure you could figure out how to declone that anyway.

2. You can never take out an original Smash 64 character.

And seriously, why do we need Dr. Mario? He would be such an impossibly clonish clone. I mean, he's virtually the same character. A costume at the minimum.

I'd say swap in the classic Megaman for Pit. And maybe Olimar out (come on, he isn't even supposed to be normal size) for Roy. Hopefully they wouldn't **** up so badly if he DID come back (awful damage output), but considering he was taken out I doubt it.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
Replace kirby and king ddd for meta knights sidekicks, (Sword and Blade).....jk

i would replace TL for Dixie Kong and ROB for.....any other nintendo character suitable for smash cause i dont like ROB.

n88

Smash Lord
I would replace ZSS with Ridley (Ridley would not be a transformation of Samus)
If prior, to Brawl's annonuncement, you asked someone who the next Metroid character in Brawl would be, 0.00001% would have said ZSS.

and I would replace Lucas with Mewtwo. Mewtwo is more popular than the Pokemon series itself, while Lucas was in one game in a dead series that was only released in Japan.

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
If prior, to Brawl's annonuncement, you asked someone who the next Metroid character in Brawl would be, 0.00001% would have said ZSS.
Pure heresy. But you're right... I don't think anyone would've guessed.

kirby and pokemon are to well represented
Two Metroid characters seem fine to me... even if they are the same one. :laugh:

UncleSam

Smash Master
pshhh. I wanted Dark Samus,
I would have mained D.S. if he/she/thing was a character hands down

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Why scrap Ness? Lucas is more deserving...

Edit: I meant to say that I would rather keep Ness than Lucas, not vice versa.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is just another rep from the pokemon series, I'd recommend we yank him in favor of someone else. I think from Nintendo I'd love to see them bring in Kalas from Baten Kaitos, who would be an extremely interesting character to play with. The game was popular when it came out, and he would be a great inclusion.

I would also recommend they pull Lucas, I just can't see any excuse for him being in. I'd say replace him with the hero from red steel 2, who's basically a bad *** cowboy with a trench coat, a sword and a revolver. Smash bros needs more cowbell, and this is just the guy to do it. Also, it would be from a newer series, and they could make it work.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
1. Wolf is barely a clone, seriously. All of his A moves are much different and the only things remotely similar are his specials. He's a Star Fox character, so having a shine is fair enough. His Side B is an illusion, and doesn't do the exact same thing as Falco and Fox's, fair enough. The up B is a stretch though, but I'm sure you could figure out how to declone that anyway.

2. You can never take out an original Smash 64 character.

And seriously, why do we need Dr. Mario? He would be such an impossibly clonish clone. I mean, he's virtually the same character. A costume at the minimum.

I'd say swap in the classic Megaman for Pit. And maybe Olimar out (come on, he isn't even supposed to be normal size) for Roy. Hopefully they wouldn't **** up so badly if he DID come back (awful damage output), but considering he was taken out I doubt it.
This is for what we'd do, not for what is probably going to happen, so I know Jiggly is staying but (s)he shouldn't have gotten in the game in the first place

And this is a common argument on Wolf, yes he is a clone, he has a gun, reflector, an illusion attack, and his UpB is the same as Fox but without charge-up time or fire
He has the same FS as Fox, and when he has that much in common it doesn't matter if his normal moves are different, he is a clone, which would be less of a reason to kick him off if not for Falco, who with Fox and Wolf make up the Star Fox Triple Fuc*

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
We will all agree to disagree; I do not think Wolf is a clone. He's not any more a clone of Fox then Falco. And I like it that there are three Star Fox fighters.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well consider this: Why have the main villain of a game without the main hero? That'd be like having Bowser but no Mario.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Wolf is to fox as Mario is to Luigi-they have ssome things in common, but not everything.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I wouldn't be pleased if Dr. Mario returned; he wasn't any different. Mario threw fire, he threw medicine. Thats it.
Thank you, that's what I've been saying. I also have a suspicion that Lucario and PT will be replaced by two new pokemon in the next game and Jiggs and Pika will be left in, it's a pattern that has reoccured so far for 2 games.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Lets replace all the characters with a bunch of Feraligatrs. Feraligatr = Best Pokemon Ever

Its a shame becuz you're probably right. I like Lucario....

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
That seems pointless. It's not like ZSS was a whole nother character slot, it would be like saying Take out Sheik and put in Tingle. Who cares they both use the same slot and act as the same chosen character, so choose someone who is a single character to replace, we need to replace the slot not the character moveset.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Agreed. What the heck would be the point in replacing ZSS? ZSS has alot of players and it wouldn't make room for more characters.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
:flame:
... You heathenistic monster. How dare you. How honestly freaking dare you. First, The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time, and Now Super Mario RPG:Legend of the Seven Stars? You psychotic freak of nature. How dare you. How can you utter such attrocious blasfamies? Does your mouth burn? Can you take in air without your throat being cut? I suppose you think that Halo 3 beats Call of Duty and Gears of Water, and that Super Mario Galaxy will not be good. You sicken me.
:flame:

I like those fires. I kind of giggled though.

I would really like to see a Paper Mario character in the game. I just found the Paper Mario games much more entertaining than Mario RPG.
Maybe Rawk Hawk?

If so, get rid of King DeDeDe and put in Rawk Hawk, along with the Glitz Pit arena. Haha.

And reasoning, I like the Chapter 3 Boss in TTYD (not chapter 3 itself though) and the boss music which would probably make it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvoaVFLwOgs

As for getting rid of King DeDeDe... ... why not? Piplup's already in, we don't need him giving Penguins a bad name.
Sorry for any DeDeDe fans. Something about that dude just rubs me the wrong way..

Bajillionthedit:

I'd replace TL with himself, only with decloned specials.
Oh, and nobody should be saying Roy should be in, because everyone knows Ike >>>>>>> Roy.
Majorly.

You know you like Ike.

edit: No jigglepuff hate :mad:

sushi-F13ND

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think they should replace R.O.B. with Banjo Kazooie :chuckle:
i loved playing those ol' N64 games with good ol' kazooie lol

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be funny to see a character from Clayfighters, like the Blob or Taffy.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
I've been waiting since the original for them to get rid of Jigglypuff, I really despise the character

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'd replace Snake, who wouldn't have gotten in if it weren't for Sakurai and Kojima being friends, with Mega Man.

As for the other, I'm not sure. I'd probably replace Jigglypuff with a 3rd generation pokemon.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Get rid of Jigglypuff and replace it with Cloud.

Yeah, no bias at all there. Mnope.
Why not replace Jigglypuff with a Buster Sword in that case?

Cloud and a Buster Sword have the same personality, but the sword doesn't whine.

Sieguest

Smash Master
What's with this jigglypuff hate conspiracy...don't hate on the puffball...jigglypuff has its props

At KittycatAyume- why stick in more MGS- MGS has never been affiliated with Nintendo consoles and whatnot until brawl...MGS should stay with sony...who knows...they may make a "Mega Mash Sisters" game...:)

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
What's with this jigglypuff hate conspiracy...don't hate on the puffball...jigglypuff has its props

At KittycatAyume- why stick in more MGS- MGS has never been affiliated with Nintendo consoles and whatnot until brawl...MGS should stay with sony...who knows...they may make a "Mega Mash Sisters" game...:)
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes was for the GameCube, and MGS is Konami anyway

Sieguest

Smash Master
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes was for the GameCube, and MGS is Konami anyway
Okay...one MGS game...and maybe Konami will make "Mega Mash Sisters"
I just don't think MGS has had enough time in the Nintendo system to be put in the smash series...
Oh and about staying with sony...I mean staying on Sony Systems almost all the MGS games have been Sony Console exclusives (as far as I know) with the exception of Twin Snakes...and Twin Snakes wasn't exclusive to gamecube on top of that...
Sony has dealt way more with konami with MGS series than Nintendo...so I don't see how snake made it into brawl in the first place....:/

rraws

Smash Rookie
replace toon link with Simon Belmont... Simon Bellmont would be an awesome character

replace poke trainer with little mac... cause poke trainer is a waste of whole characters and little mac should be more than a assist trophy

replace sonic with bub and bob (from bubble bobble series)... sentimental fan of the series and we could have another character like the ice climbers

Top Bottom