• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would you replace, and why?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Okay so if you had to replace TWO brawl characters with ANYONE of your choosing who would you replace? and why??
Who would be in substitute of that person? and does the substitute actaully have a chance at the next smash game? (in your opinion.)

MINE ARE,
i would definitely replace Snake with bomberman, simply because snake doesnt give off the smashbros vibe. I chose bomberman because i have ALWAYS been a huge fan, and he would be a very interestin add on. Personally, i think he will be in the next game :)

Then, i would replace R.O.B with,,,,, mallow, because rob really represents the past o nintendo, and we already have that with game&watch! I choose mallow because i think that the mario rpg's should have been represented, and they were not. No i really doubt he will be in the 4th game, POSSIBLY a assits trophy or background apperence.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Replace ROB with Doctor Mario and I'll be satisfied.

Also, Mario RPG wasn't good enough to have it's own character.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I'd replace Toon Link with Megaman because he's the only character on my Brawl wish list that didn't make it.

The second character I'd replace would be Jigglypuff with Dr. Mario because he's ****ing awesome =P

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'd replace TL with himself, only with decloned specials. Then I'd replace someone, maybe ROB, with Toon Zelda/Tetra that they had in the works, cause that would be awesome.

bleyva

Smash Ace
within your guidelines, i would:

-even though theres no real chance of it, replace jigglypuff with Opitmus Prime (for obvious reasons)

-replace pokemon trainer with either Roy or Black Shadow from F-Zero, as they are more deserving than someone that doesnt even actually fight

my two cents

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm in here before somebody suggests they replace MK for *inser somebody less broken here.*

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'm in here before somebody suggests they replace MK for *inser somebody less broken here.*
I would replace Lucario with a buffed Mewtwo...who will be like in his Red/Blue days...thus more broken than MK :p

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I can understand ROB, but I think he does deserve to be Brawl. Same with Jigglypuff, I never understood why so many people dislike her.

Since there isn't a single character I dislike, and I'm required to replace somebody, why not ROB? Dr. Mario was extremely fun so play as, and I'd love to have him in the game.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Also, Mario RPG wasn't good enough to have it's own character.
:flame:
... You heathenistic monster. How dare you. How honestly freaking dare you. First, The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time, and Now Super Mario RPG:Legend of the Seven Stars? You psychotic freak of nature. How dare you. How can you utter such attrocious blasfamies? Does your mouth burn? Can you take in air without your throat being cut? I suppose you think that Halo 3 beats Call of Duty and Gears of Water, and that Super Mario Galaxy will not be good. You sicken me.

But seriously, there is actually very few in Brawl that I would replace. If I was forced to sacrifice anyone, I would pull out ToonLink (somehow combining his and AdultLink's play styles and attributes), to make room for Wolf Link + Midna (which are one heck of an awesome combination).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If I was forced to sacrifice anyone, I would pull out ToonLink (somehow combining his and AdultLink's play styles and attributes), to make room for Wolf Link + Midna (which are one heck of an awesome combination).
Just for your information, Wolf Link and Midna were in only one game, and Regular Link was in 2, while Young/Toon Link was in every other game but Twilight Princess and the Future Part of OoT.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's just me being off the bandwagon. Although that post made me laugh, I love it.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
I would replace Lucas and Toon Link...one I think Claus would have been a better choice to put in besides Lucas, and Toon Link because Zelda already has 3 representatives, and his space could have been used for another Metroid or DK representative such as King K Rool or Ridley.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Claus IS in Brawl.

Having an alternate costume is just fine with me, and Lucas was a bigger part of Mother 3 than Claus.
And I would agree with K. Rool and Ridley, excellent choices.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I strongly disagree. Those characters were only in Mario's gimmick games, they were just there to add more players to the sports.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Easy, Replace Snake and Sonic, in favor of actual Nintendo characters like Bomberman and Dixie Kong (I think another female character would be interesting)

But in Lui of the fact that they already crossed systems over I would then keep sonic and replace Snake with Megaman and have Bomberman replace ROB.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Just for your information, Wolf Link and Midna were in only one game, and Regular Link was in 2, while Young/Toon Link was in every other game but Twilight Princess and the Future Part of OoT.
I know that Young Link is primarilly the true link. That's why I said to combine Toon Link with Adult Link. An old person combined with Toons (which are quite young) gives you the more young person. Also, I thought Toon Link was only in 2 (3) games... not to mention that Ice-Climbers and Pit Icarus and Zero Suit Samus were only in 1 game each, and R.o.b.'s games seemed kinda Gimicy too (not a hate on any of those characters, I love them all). I personally prefer Young Link over his adult form. But Wolf Link and Midna (simply called Midna, but she'd be on Link's back) would have been one of the most favorited characters ever! That combination is probably more epic than Captain Falcon and his Knee of Justice! You simply have to love them (unless you're frigging Amish like Straked).

And while I disagree with the idea of Rosalina being in Brawl (she's far too danty to fight, and I was surprized she was even in Mario Kart), Warluigi adding more to the Wario Ware Series would be a welcome Addition. Dude, he may have been created for all of those Multiplayer games, but doesn't that just give us more room to work with? All of those Sports and Party and Racing games he was tailored for! If he gets to be in SSB4, he has so many games to reference his wicked skills for, he could never be a clone of Wario. He'd be frigging awesome!

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Easy, Replace Snake and Sonic, in favor of actual Nintendo characters like Bomberman and Dixie Kong (I think another female character would be interesting)

But in Lui of the fact that they already crossed systems over I would then keep sonic and replace Snake with Megaman and have Bomberman replace ROB.
I don't think Bomberman is from Nintendo. I believe he's from Hudson.

Replacing Snake with Megaman would be cool though. I love the Blue Bomber =P

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Replace Mario's semi-gimped stats with Dr. Mario's, and make Dr. Mario an alternate outft set (kind of like with Wario's 2 outfits).

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Why does everyone favor Megaman over Snake? Snake is epic...

If it were me, I wouldn't replace anybody - all of them belong in Brawl in some way. If I had to choose, it would be Lucas or R.O.B.:ohwell:

Ferith

Smash Cadet
Replace Metaknight, the Kirby series already got a +1 with DDD, it doesn't need another bonus. Add Samurai Goroh instead, F-Zero really needs some more love. Replace Ike's standard B with the fwoosh.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
Why does everyone favor Megaman over Snake? Snake is epic...

If it were me, I wouldn't replace anybody - all of them belong in Brawl in some way. If I had to choose, it would be Lucas or R.O.B.:ohwell:
oh yeah that's f()cking true
don't say bad things about snake!!!!
he had a horrible past............he don't have to be attacked from you guys !!!!:mad:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
oh yeah that's f()cking true
don't say bad things about snake!!!!
he had a horrible past............he don't have to be attacked from you guys !!!!:mad:
Lucas' was worse. so bad, It even made Snake feel sad for him.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Get rid of Wolf since he is a 2nd clone of Fox, get rid of Jigglypuff because (s)he sucks now, bring in MegaMan and K.Rool
MegaMan is awesome
DK series should get another character, it has less than Star Fox and Kirby when DK is one of Nintendo's best selling series (although 3 Kirby characters could have been because of Sakurai)

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
Replace Wolf with Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters. Game is under rated.
Replace Ike with Roy. He was so cool.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
If any new characters are added, I pray to God that it isnt another Mario or Pokemon or some series that already has too many characters. I want to give series like F-Zero or Metroid or FE some chances. And no 3rd party characters should leave; we only have two and they've been good to us.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
rather see characters from lesser known series like Golden Sun, Drill Dozer and Startropics.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I've been looking at Wikipedia and pretty much all the major series' at least from Nintendo that has games who have at least 1 character who deservidley merit a addition have been done. Adding more from these games is what will happen now, but I think since now the Nintendo only rule has been killed they really should be going outside of Nintendo, which is why I voted for Megaman.

Another character who I think deserve some consideration would be:
Earth Worm Jim

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't think Bomberman is from Nintendo. I believe he's from Hudson.

Replacing Snake with Megaman would be cool though. I love the Blue Bomber =P
i think bomberman would be picked before megaman, i mean he has already had a crossover with nintendo :D

Sieguest

Smash Master
Bye Bye SNAKE! I mean snake hasn't even showed up on a nintendo console until now...how in the world did he even get considered in the first place... and stick in Mia...FE representation.....yeah..mia maybe for the fourth game...the BIG IF (or even ephraim...IUNNO moh representation)!!!

Drop: R.O.B.
Game and Watch was here first...and G&W BETTA!!

Add: Here we go...totallly winged the second choice...TOAD!!!
Toad is freaking beast!! Mario and Peach are NOTHING without Toad...being used as a shield for peach isn't good enough...represent the good humored ****** out there!!!:) Yet...I highly doubt he'll show up in the fourth game...

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
rather see characters from lesser known series like Golden Sun, Drill Dozer and Startropics.
I was so disappointed when I found out Issac was an assist trophy. :(

Sticking to Nintendo characters, I'd say... replace Ike and Lucas with Lyn and Issac. :p Paper Mario would be pretty badass, too... paper airplane recovery!

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Well, Paper Mario would be cool, but that would sort of take the originality off of G&W.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
How about replacing R.O.B. with Cloud? Yeah...

Who's Earthworm Jim?
I can't believe you guys don't know Earth Worm Jim, where's the respect, he's old school, in fact I wonder why there isn;t any new remakes or revivals of his games, they were addictive, EWJ rocks.

And Paper Mario IMO would not be good because it would just be another Dr. Mario, please... No More MARIOS!!! :(

Top Bottom