• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal?

• Dude, Star Wolf all the way!

Votes: 183 46.0%
  • Krystal's got the goods to be in Brawl!

Votes: 176 44.2%
  • I don't really have a preference

Votes: 39 9.8%

• Total voters

kaid

Smash Master
When does Zelda KILL anything with her magic?

And while he was similar in those games, that doesn't change the fact that she has her own style from Adventures that would be far easier to do than even a clone moveset.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Zelda sealed Ganon into the temple of time I believe it was. I believe that qualifies her for magic moves. Krystal shoots fire from the staff. That doesn't show anything about her ability to use it.

It is easier to make a clone 100% of the time because you already have the animations you only have to add them to a new character.

kaid

Smash Master
Dude, Krystal TEACHES those moves, that require HER staff, to Fox. That makes her more qualified to have those moves, than Zelda has for moves the Great Fairies gave to Link.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Wolf could be an original in his own way. In my opinion, I see Wolf more as a power user, with slow but deadly moves. He wouldn't have the same moveset like Fox or Falco, mainly because they use Cornerian technology. Wolf doesn't work for the Cornerian forces or any of the alliances, therefore he needs to resort to alternative weapons. I don't really see him using any weapons at all, aside from lasers. Maybe some bombs, but I'm not sure about that. And since I'm a sucker to earthquake damages, let's give him some jump-in-the-air-and-pound-the-ground move.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Zelda was a sage though and the game states that sages have magical abilities they had to give her magic by that option.
Krystal on the other hand is never seen using the staff in any way to combat anything. She shoots at Andross but never hits anything. She doesn't help Fox in any when it comes to battlinng. If anything she might get a telepathic moveset with fire blasts in it.

kaid

Smash Master
Zelda was a sage though and the game states that sages have magical abilities they had to give her magic by that option.
Krystal gets her staff because it's HER STAFF. See how easy that is? Krystal ->Krystal's staff is an easier transition than Zelda -> Sage -> Magic -> Great Fairy Magic

Krystal on the other hand is never seen using the staff in any way to combat anything. She shoots at Andross but never hits anything.
Contradict yourself much?

As a matter of fact, in the opening sequence, she rides on a dino and shoots (and heavily damages) a giant flying ship. Later on in the story, Fox gets to ride the same dino... and can only use that same one spell while riding it.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Forgot that beginning part there.
I consider combating something to be actual hitting it which she fails to do. Even then she is only ever seen using one attack.

kaid

Smash Master
She hits the ship just fine. In fact, she hits the ship in it's weak points for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

And again, so? That one attack is more than Zelda had.

Blazer

Smash Ace
But, Zelda's are atleast discussed. A LOT. Krystal's are suggested but never seen besides that one. We have no idea what Krystal could have for the staff whereas, Zelda had plenty of places to draw them from.

Blazer

Smash Ace
She is never shown using them that's what. Except for the fireball.

The sages are all discussed at various times to have magical abilities. And, I know what your thinking already, and I will revert back to Zelda being shown sealing G-dorf.

Yes, I do see that both are considerably similiar in this case but, Zelda is also shown doing other various magical tasks and is obviously combat prepared since Sheik is so obviously combat ready.

kaid

Smash Master
And shooting things with her longest-ranged attack ISN'T "Combat Prepared?"

Krystal has done more combat than Zelda. She has more reason to have the moves the staff allowed Fox to use, than Zelda has for using Link's Magic. (Because, y'know, it's HER STAFF)

So what's the problem?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Blazer you sound like a moron it is krystal's staff so of course she can use, she teaches fox how to use it, she actually does use and Zelda doesn't do any of the moves she does in melee in OoT

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
to blazer: it doesnt matter whether or not if a character uses the moves or skills in a previous game. There are many cases where moves are made up for the game. Captain falcon had no identication of fire attacks before smash and fox had no identication of using the reflector, illusion, firefox, or blaster before smash. Your arguement is fruitless and it only makes me ashamed to support wolf over krystal.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Captain falcon had no identication of fire attacks before smash and fox had no identication of using the reflector, illusion, firefox, or blaster before smash.
Ouch! The bane of all opinion wars...FACTS!

I think it's safe to say that this destroys any future attempts at "We never actually see her attack anything" arguments.

Smash_k.oed(

Smash Rookie
bah wtf wolf only got 2 votes... i chose wolf cause every character needs their rival over their partner. the only thing krystal has over wolf is the fact is that she is a female and she has a staff, and both of those reasons are insignificant if you ask me.
THANK YOU for that support i think that krystal is a bad char. im looking for the wolf o'donnel
and the minete i beat the 6 lv of starfox assualt i saw that krystal is in love so basicly i hate her...

(Link refernce"life looks differnt when your staring at the front of a fired hookshot...")

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :p :p :p

I am the nightmare that haunts everydark corner of your mind...

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
THANK YOU for that support i think that krystal is a bad char. im looking for the wolf o'donnel
and the minete i beat the 6 lv of starfox assualt i saw that krystal is in love so basicly i hate her...

(Link refernce"life looks differnt when your staring at the front of a fired hookshot...")

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :p :p :p

I am the nightmare that haunts everydark corner of your mind...
So why do you hate Krystal now? because she's in love?? thats not a good reason to hate her but i respect your opinon otherwise

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
well yeah but would you care if i sad that she never is a good char.?huh?

so any one care for her now???!!!
How is she not a good Character? she plays a really big part in Adventures... i think Wolf would be cool but Krystal would be better becuase she would be a lot different from Fox and Falco....

Smash_k.oed(

Smash Rookie
sing and dance gangster sylye...(im a moron if this is not good of a dance...)

When i move you move:bluejump: just like that...
When i move you move:bluejump: just like that...
When i move you move:bluejump: Just Like THAT...

Oh god that dj bring that back!

When i move you move:kirby: just like that...
When i move you move:kirby: just like that.
When i move you move:kirby: JUST LIKE THAT!!!

OH GOD that DJ bring that back!

Stand up!!!(echo)
Stand up!!!(echo)
Stand up!!!(echo)

(the end of the dance)

so message me any body if they have any comments on my dance and music!!!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
^WTF was that?

For Christ's sake people, this thread is going nowhere. Listen to me:

This is an ultimatum for all those who support Wolf over Kyrstal. Up until this point, not a single one of you has actually provided any actual reasons why Wolf would make a better character. All any of you have done is try do demerit, insult, and make fun of Krystal and her supporters. I have yet to see a single argument actually for Wolf. This thread might as well be "Do you like Krystal or not?" because that's all we're seeing. So, until you have an actual argument for Wolf that has absolutely nothing to do with something you find wrong with Krystal (or Kyrstal supporters), just shut up and stop coming in here just to spam this thread up and accuse people of being furries.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Actually, I did, even though I'm a Krystal supporter.

However, it wouldn't do any justice to the Star Fox series if we just added one of the two instead of both.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The point of th poll is a hypothetical. Given that you have to choose between the two of them, which would you choose both and niether are ont options

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
I think Gay panther, the seemingly homosexual panther deserves to be in brawll... After all, he's a gay panther, and other than Roy there are no other gay characters in melee.

X_x... No seriously though, I don't think either of them is any more important than the other. Nuetral vote FTW!

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
The point of th poll is a hypothetical. Given that you have to choose between the two of them, which would you choose both and niether are ont options
We are almost guaranteed to see at least one new Star Fox character. Out of the possible choices, Wolf and Krystal are by far the most likely choices (the next most likely is Leon, IMO, but he trails by quite a bit). Using inferrence and rounding the odds, either one or the other has a 100% chance of making it. The purpose of this poll was (I assume) to see which of the two is the more popular choice by making the assumption that ONLY one of the two makes the cut.

Movesets are not an issue; Sakurai stated that he wants to minimize clones, and he's made bigger stretches than making Wolf unique. Importance to the storyline is moot; even if that mattered to Smash Brothers, both fulfill their roles as stereotypical love interest and rival, respectively. Females vs. villians...I don't have to say anything here.

When you boil it down, it ends up being which one Sakurai likes more, which we have no control over. The popularity contest is simply to let him know what his fans think, but ultimately he holds the tiebreaker vote.

So what's the point of this rant? There are no facts here that could sway one's vote. It's all opinion. So Wolf-lovers? Stop hating the Krystal fanboys. Krystal fanboys? Stop hating the Wolf-lovers. Anti-furs? Just stop hating.

If more people tolerated opinions, there'd be less flame wars around here, and everybody ends up not looking like an immature child. Try it once.

*breathe into paper bag, calms down* Anyways, that's my two cents on this topic.

kaid

Smash Master
Movesets are not an issue; Sakurai stated that he wants to minimize clones, and he's made bigger stretches than making Wolf unique.
Actually, all he said was that, any clones FROM MELEE that return, "Will, on a significant scale, be remade."

I read this that, Gannondorf and perhaps Falco will get theit own movesets. That says NOTHING about any new clones, one way or the other.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The fact that Wolf is so similar to Fox is actually a HUGE factor and I HATE that all of you wolf fans just kep brushing that off and then insisting that wolf is the better choice

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Which is unfair to. Because Falco is really more deserving.

I dont think all franchises need their villains being in Brawl. Star Fox is no exeption. Wolf isnt even the main villian in Star Fox. That would be Andross. Only mayor villains should be in Brawl imo. Thats why I dont support Skull Kid, Vaati or Dark Samus. However... Meta Knight isnt the main villian from Kirby either, thats DeDeDe. But there arent any more good Kirby characters suitable for Smash.

I think Fox doesnt need a rival in Smash. Mainly because he and Falco already have some sorta rivality. Because of that, I dont really want Falco to be that much diffrent from Fox...

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
^WTF was that?

For Christ's sake people, this thread is going nowhere. Listen to me:

This is an ultimatum for all those who support Wolf over Kyrstal. Up until this point, not a single one of you has actually provided any actual reasons why Wolf would make a better character. All any of you have done is try do demerit, insult, and make fun of Krystal and her supporters. I have yet to see a single argument actually for Wolf. This thread might as well be "Do you like Krystal or not?" because that's all we're seeing. So, until you have an actual argument for Wolf that has absolutely nothing to do with something you find wrong with Krystal (or Kyrstal supporters), just shut up and stop coming in here just to spam this thread up and accuse people of being furries.
yea im really sick of people calling my a furry and stuff bnecause im a Krystal fan /supporter its really annoying but seriously i want some evidence of why Wolf would be a better choice from the Wolf supporters..

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Krystal has her own unique style b/c you made that up just like Wolf can have his own unique style if I make one up. And several unique movesets have been made in the Wolf thread already.
And they are all boring and uninspired... I've seen them.

As the only character with a staff, or a remotely staff like weapon for that matter, there is no way Krystal would be a clone.

She's be unique and new. Wolf seems stale to me
All you're reasons for Wolf not to be in have been matters of opinion.
no, I'm affraid it's the other way around...

you seem to have a tenuous grasp of the word "opinion"

The whole staff thing is fact, not opinion

It's cooler to have fox fight his rival than to have krystal fight anyone is obviously an opinion.

Once you get a stronger grasp on thses things, then try to make an argument that factually supports Wolf

Well, I think the Kystal movesets are boring and uninspired, I've seen them. I like Wolf movesets better.

Fact: Kystal has a staff
Fact: Wolf has a robotic eye
Fact: Either of them could be clones, and which one you think has a higher chance is opinion.

You say Wolf could be a fox clone, well I think Kystal could be a zelda clone, except she shoots the the same zelda magic out of her staff.

When it comes down to it, it can be argued either way, and it's just which character you prefer. The OP says he thinks Kystal should be more deserving, and that has probably had some influence on the votes, but he did give good reasons. However, I think they are equaly deserving, and it just comes down to what you prefer. The main reason I've been argueing for Wolf in this thread was because most of the Kystal supporters are saying "she's more deserving because she's more unique", but, that is opinion still, even though some of them veiw that as fact (like Sonic the Hedgedawg).

well, your image that you posted as much as said "Don't pick Krystal, she's not hot, pick Wolf instead."

Last I checked, if A=B and B=C then A=C
No, the picture said choose Wolf or Kyrtsal. But under Krystal it said don't pick her because she's not hot (implying that video game characters / graphics, are not hot, which takes wolf out of the equation), and points an arrow to someone named Krystal which he considers hot. It further implies that you should not make the choice based on which character you are attracted to.

Anyways, that last post by Kal aMari was good:

We are almost guaranteed to see at least one new Star Fox character. Out of the possible choices, Wolf and Krystal are by far the most likely choices (the next most likely is Leon, IMO, but he trails by quite a bit). Using inferrence and rounding the odds, either one or the other has a 100% chance of making it. The purpose of this poll was (I assume) to see which of the two is the more popular choice by making the assumption that ONLY one of the two makes the cut.

Movesets are not an issue; Sakurai stated that he wants to minimize clones, and he's made bigger stretches than making Wolf unique. Importance to the storyline is moot; even if that mattered to Smash Brothers, both fulfill their roles as stereotypical love interest and rival, respectively. Females vs. villians...I don't have to say anything here.

When you boil it down, it ends up being which one Sakurai likes more, which we have no control over. The popularity contest is simply to let him know what his fans think, but ultimately he holds the tiebreaker vote.

So what's the point of this rant? There are no facts here that could sway one's vote. It's all opinion. So Wolf-lovers? Stop hating the Krystal fanboys. Krystal fanboys? Stop hating the Wolf-lovers. Anti-furs? Just stop hating.

If more people tolerated opinions, there'd be less flame wars around here, and everybody ends up not looking like an immature child. Try it once.

*breathe into paper bag, calms down* Anyways, that's my two cents on this topic.
But then the only comment on this post is:

kaid said:
Actually, all he said was that, any clones FROM MELEE that return, "Will, on a significant scale, be remade."

I read this that, Gannondorf and perhaps Falco will get theit own movesets. That says NOTHING about any new clones, one way or the other.
Is it unreasonable to assume that because he will be remaking clones from melee, that he wants to minimize the amount of clones in SSBB?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It is a fact that Krystal is less likely to be a clone. Not an opinion.

And it's a darn poor example saying that she'll be a Zelda clone since there is pretty much no way that that is possile

xianfeng

Smash Hero
well, your image that you posted as much as said "Don't pick Krystal, she's not hot, pick Wolf instead."

Last I checked, if A=B and B=C then A=C
It said wolf or krystal and it had a picture of Krystal from Big Brother as well, next to the picture of bb krystal it said Hot Krystal, next to the picture of SF Krystal it said not hot krystal.

Here are some reasons for wolf.

Wolf has been in the starfox series for longer and plays a more important role in the series. If you look at super smash brothers melee there are more females than villains (there are 2 villains Ganondorf and Bowser, 3 if you count Mewtwo but he was only a villain in the anime, and how many females? Peach, Zelda, Nana, Shiek and Jigglypuff (Jigglypuff is debatable but she is largely considered a she and Shiek is also debatable but in the Super Smash Brothers Melee instruction booklet it said that Shiek was a girl) so thats 2 - 5 a 3 character difference. Wolf is more well known because Lylat wars where he debuted sold better than Starfox Adventures, Assault and Command. Wolf is also reused in the modern games so he is seen just as much as Krystal. Movesets are no obstacle, if you think they are then you are really undermining Sakurai and the team's creativity.

Some reasons for Krystal

Krystal is a female and although there are more females than villains in Melee, females with fighting potential are hard to come across in Nintendo games where as all villains have fighting potential and there are lots of villains. Her moveset is easy to think of in 2 seconds they have it meaning they don't have to waste time deciding on whether it would work with the character or not. She also becomes a villain in the default ending of the most recent Starfox game meaning she is a female and a villain. At a marketing standpoint sex sells and this is sadly true for Video game characters too, so for the sick perverted freaks she would sell this game.

I think they really are equal but I voted Krystal.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
I like it how all the Krystal supporters say that no one has come up with a good reason for Wolf to be in. When most of the reasons are for both Wolf and Krystal are the same.

For example:

"OMG Krystal would not be a clone she uses a staff."

"OMG Wolf would not be a clone he has a laser eye."

"Krystal is more important b/c she is Fox's love interest."

"Wolf is more important b/c he is Fox's rival."

"Krystal is hot!"

"Wolf looks cool."

Now does any1 see the resemblence between the 2 arguments. Also don't say that you haven't said anything like that b/c more than likely, you have.

Top Bottom