• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal?

• Dude, Star Wolf all the way!

Votes: 183 46.0%
  • Krystal's got the goods to be in Brawl!

Votes: 176 44.2%
  • I don't really have a preference

Votes: 39 9.8%

• Total voters

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I think that would be way better than Krystal and Fox ruining smash with their little love story.
Well, if we're not wanting the ladies in because of "love" stories, then I guess that means we'll have to take out Zelda, Peach and NaNa as well as ban Krystal from the Brawl roster.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
neither, 2 is enough starfox charcters.

if you bring in crystal or wolf, take out falco.

and i highly doubt that will happen

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
SSB doesn't have a story :ohwell:
SupaSmashBrotha said:
Ok every1 one wants to have those little stories in adventure mode should read this:
Your playing as Starfox. You beat some random Smash character and it cuts to an FMV of Fox walking away from the last fight. Then all of a sudden a Wolfen swoops down, and Wolf jumps out in front of Fox and Fox says something like "What are you doing here?" and Wolf being the badass that he is says "To finally get rid of you once and for all." Then you start the brawl.

I think that would be way better than Krystal and Fox ruining smash with their little love story.
Read the first sentence.

Ferro De Lupe said:
Well, if we're not wanting the ladies in because of "love" stories, then I guess that means we'll have to take out Zelda, Peach and NaNa as well as ban Krystal from the Brawl roster.
I don't care as long as Wolf gets in. So there goes your smug little argument.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Don't make it so obvious that you are a wolf fanboy.

I, personally, am not a krystal fanboy. She's my favourite SF character, but SF isn't one one of my favourite series. The reason that I chose krystal is that, well, she's the better choice... It's obvious that you just like Wolf more no matter what the argument.

8-bit hacker

Smash Cadet
Don't make it so obvious that you are a wolf fanboy.

I, personally, am not a krystal fanboy. She's my favourite SF character, but SF isn't one one of my favourite series. The reason that I chose krystal is that, well, she's the better choice... It's obvious that you just like Wolf more no matter what the argument.
It's the goods.
Isn't it?

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
YOUR NOT A KRYSTAL FANBOY!?!? Is that why most of your post count came from you going into the Wolf thread and picking fights with every1. I'm sorry but since most of your posts are devoted to Kystal that my friend makes you a fanboy.

P.S. Just b/c I would rather see then get rid of a few annoying characters to see Wolf in doesn't make me a fanboy.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
YOUR NOT A KRYSTAL FANBOY!?!? Is that why most of your post count came from you going into the Wolf thread and picking fights with every1. I'm sorry but since most of your posts are devoted to Kystal that my friend makes you a fanboy.

P.S. Just b/c I would rather see then get rid of a few annoying characters to see Wolf in doesn't make me a fanboy.
:| it was a wolf vs. krystal debate... I chose the better side and stuck with it

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Hooray for furry pr0n (a.k.a. Yiff)! :chuckle: j/k

But in regards to all the poll suggestions as of late, I have one that's bound to be a winner: Deoxys vs. Lucario!

Lyn vs. Hector would also be a good one...

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
dude i definitely have to go with wolf for several reasons:
1. I ve always loved wolf since the start of the series and has been in every game.
2. Has been more important to the series
3. Every game with krystal as a major character sucked(except assault, actually that sucked too)
4. last but not least, WOLK KICKS ***!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
dude i definitely have to go with wolf for several reasons:
1. I ve always loved wolf since the start of the series and has been in every game.
Wrong. Wolf was not in Star Fox on the SNES.
2. Has been more important to the series
Wrong again. Wolf was only introduced as the anti-Fox. In a sense, he's basically the same thing as Waluigi: a character added for the sole purpose of establishing some sort of rivalry with a pre-existing character.
3. Every game with krystal as a major character sucked(except assault, actually that sucked too)
That's purely a matter of opinion. Unless you are, in fact, Masahiro Sakurai then your opinion on whether or not the games were any good means squat.
4. last but not least, WOLK KICKS ***!
That's not a reason at all.

Wolf is the Shadow the Hedgehog of the Star Fox universe. He only exists to provide Fox with a rival that's extremely similar to himself. Only evil. At least Krystal actually adds something to the overall story of the games. Also, she'd have a much more intriging and unique moveset. I know that Wolf wouldn't be a clone if he got in, but I'm willing to be that his moveset would be so uninspired and bland that it would leave players thinking "Am I playing Fox or not?"

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
wolf is nothing like waluigi the filler that piece of junk shadow... does anyone have a link to that awsome wolf thread? he isnt even evil. he has a unique personality thats much different from fox's. waluigi was a filler rival for a secondary character if that makes sense. with that, wolf would be more like wario or bowser but that also makes no sense. sure, he hasnt really contributed to the history of SF but what has luigi done?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
wolf is nothing like waluigi the filler that piece of junk shadow... does anyone have a link to that awsome wolf thread? he isnt even evil. he has a unique personality thats much different from fox's. waluigi was a filler rival for a secondary character if that makes sense. with that, wolf would be more like wario or bowser but that also makes no sense. sure, he hasnt really contributed to the history of SF but what has luigi done?
Are you serious? I mean, really, are you freakin' serious? Are you actually suggesting that Wolf is a more important character than Luigi? If so, I just have to ask: Are you high or just incredibly stupid? Wolf is the Waluigi of Star Fox. Let's just compare shall we?

* Created to establish a rivalry.

* Designed to resemble their rival, but with a 'bad guy' feel.

* Given a name similar to that of the rival.

Quiz time: Am I talking about Wolf or Waluigi there? Or even Shadow for that matter?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Is it just me or does it seem that those of us supporting Krystal seem to have reasons with actual basis and yet we are the ones accused of being furry fanboys?

Fanboy = supporting a character no matter the opposition, and no matter whether or not that character has the facts or circumstances on his/her side.

Now, does that sound more like the Wolf supporters or the Krystal supporters on this board?

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Are you serious? I mean, really, are you freakin' serious? Are you actually suggesting that Wolf is a more important character than Luigi? If so, I just have to ask: Are you high or just incredibly stupid? Wolf is the Waluigi of Star Fox. Let's just compare shall we?

* Created to establish a rivalry.

* Designed to resemble their rival, but with a 'bad guy' feel.

* Given a name similar to that of the rival.

Quiz time: Am I talking about Wolf or Waluigi there? Or even Shadow for that matter?
You just described Wario yet he is in the game.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I kinda thought the same thing... only argument against that would be how much bigger the mario series is and, thusly, how much more mainstream and popular wario is. Also, wario has a successful seires of games starring him, and has been the leading role in a few other games. He's got a lot more going for him than wolf, btu they are both the archetypal rival.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Is it just me or does it seem that those of us supporting Krystal seem to have reasons with actual basis and yet we are the ones accused of being furry fanboys?

Fanboy = supporting a character no matter the opposition, and no matter whether or not that character has the facts or circumstances on his/her side.

Now, does that sound more like the Wolf supporters or the Krystal supporters on this board?
*sigh* That's about the size of it. Most of the Wolf fans here only want him in because they think he looks cool. Then they'll go on and on about how he wouldn't be a Fox clone. And as soon as someone comes up who can provide actual reasons to why they think someone else would work better, they start flaming because they have no other ammunition.

Not so fast there, chief. Wario has moved on, and turned himself into something more than just an anti-Mario. Now he's his own character, with his own series that has nothing to do with Mario. That is the Wario we got in Brawl.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
*sigh* That's about the size of it. Most of the KRYSTAL fans here only want HER in because they think SHE LOOKS HOT. Then they'll go on and on about how SHE wouldn't be a clone. And as soon as someone comes up who can provide actual reasons to why they think someone else would work better, they start flaming because they have no other ammunition.
Changed it around so you'd see the same goes for Kystal fans.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Changed it around so you'd see the same goes for Kystal fans.
Wow. You just proved me right in every point I made. Just... wow. For your information, I don't think Krystal is hot at all. I actually find it a little bit disturbing that anybody could look at an animal and have any sexual thoughts like that. And another thing, when was the last time anybody had to argue the fact that Krystal wouldn't be a clone? For that matter, when was the last time somebody actually claimed that Krystal would be a clone? Never, that's when. So there. There's no way that my statement can be reversed on me, thank you very much.

fenixkaldoran

Smash Apprentice
Star Wolf is definitely the man. Krystal is ok and she had the beast 2 shields in the star fox game. But Star Wolf would definitely have crazier moves so GO STAR WOLF!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Wolf is the Shadow the Hedgehog of the Star Fox universe. He only exists to provide Fox with a rival that's extremely similar to himself. Only evil. At least Krystal actually adds something to the overall story of the games. Also, she'd have a much more intriging and unique moveset. I know that Wolf wouldn't be a clone if he got in, but I'm willing to be that his moveset would be so uninspired and bland that it would leave players thinking "Am I playing Fox or not?"
What does she add to the story "Now fox has some one to love and make babies with" doesn't add much.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
You just spelled his name wrong. And no he wouldn't.
Stop spamming, SupaSmashBrotha. I consider this post spam. Why? Because you are in no way contributing to the discussion at hand. Also, in your previous posts here you seem very aggressive. Don't take that tone of voice anymore, please. Consider this your first and only pre-warning warning (I'm feeling generous today).

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
What does she add to the story "Now fox has some one to love and make babies with" doesn't add much.
Not any more than "Now there is a guy who looks a lot like Fox but doesn't like him."

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72178&highlight=Krystal

HiddenTiger just read the first post and you'll know what I'm talking about. And quit being a whiny little douche just b/c some1 disagrees with you.
Listen, you're the whiny one here. The fact of the matter is that you have no argument for wolf other than personal insults toward Krystal and her supporters. For reference, let's take a look at the typical argument for Krystal:

Krystal would make a great addition to Brawl for several reasons. First of all, she's a girl, and Smash could really use more girls in it to even the male/female ratio. Also, she would have a very interesting moveset, using her staff and magical capabilities.
Now, by contrast, the typical argument for Wolf:

Wolf would so totally not be a clone of Fox and anybody who likes Krystal better is a furry pervert! Wolf FTW!!!
Glad I could be of service.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Ok here is a Krystal argument: "Wolf is would be a clone and Krystal uses a staff!!!"

Anyway it is time to state my opinion: While Krystal would be a good choice. The fact that she uses a staff and magic doesn't merit her a spot in brawl, b/c when you look at it half the ppl in FE and other RPG's use staff magic. I am just simply saying that Wolf should take higher priority b/c he has appeared in more games and he also has a smash feel to him.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
And Krystal doesn't?

Listen, the first time that I played SF:Adv, and I saw krystal with that staff, and saw what it could do, my first thought was: She would be PERFECT for SSB. My view hasn't yet changed and nothing has been said that convinces me otherwise.

Her staff is but one asset of her deservedness

icymatt

Smash Lord
Anyway it is time to state my opinion: While Krystal would be a good choice. The fact that she uses a staff and magic doesn't merit her a spot in brawl, b/c when you look at it half the ppl in FE and other RPG's use staff magic.
And how many of those characters are in Smash Bros.?

I am just simply saying that Wolf should take higher priority b/c he has appeared in more games and he also has a smash feel to him.
Slippy has been in more games than both of them. So, by this logic, Slippy should get in before either.

And that last part is just opinion. Every character to me can have a 'Smash feel'. But, then again, I don't think 'Smash feel' actually exists.

And really, what more does Krystal need other than (1) She's important to her series, (2) She has potential for a unique, fun moveset. I remember reading a review of SFA by EGM, in which one reviewer compared the attacks to Soul Calibur's Kilik. There you have it, besides staff magic, we'd also have a character who plays like Kilik, something Smash Bros. currently does not have.

kaid

Smash Master
...and Wolf is NOT in more games than Krystal.

Wolf was in 64, Assault, and Command

Krysatl was in Adventures, Assault, and Command.

Top Bottom