• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal?

• Dude, Star Wolf all the way!

Votes: 183 46.0%
  • Krystal's got the goods to be in Brawl!

Votes: 176 44.2%
  • I don't really have a preference

Votes: 39 9.8%

• Total voters

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I am going to laugh once they are both in the game. All these arguements, at the core are really pointless. Either make excellant additions to the game. The fanboys on each side should reconize this.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
...and Wolf is NOT in more games than Krystal.

Wolf was in 64, Assault, and Command

Krysatl was in Adventures, Assault, and Command.
wolf was also in SF 2... besides, the characters rival or antagonist usually has more priority over their love interest. i mean who would have been selected first? ganondorf or zelda? peach or bowser? giving a character a rival in a fighting game gives the player options to do "hey, he picked fox! lets see who is stronger, fox or his rival wolf!" i mean what do tyou wanna see more? fox vs wolf or fox vs krystal?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Actually... I would have chosen Zelda over G.Dorf and I would have put Bowser and Peach at about equal priority... and these debates are a fun way for us to let our imaginations run free as we nxiously wait for brawl

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well anyone would have chosen zelda over ganondorf move set wise but if you didnt know anything about the movesets what would you want more? ganondorf vs link or zelda?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well... since you can fight G.Dorf any time you want in OoT, I would have prefered zelda. You never get to fight her otherwise.... plus, I'd rather play as zelda than G.Dorf....

kaid

Smash Master
wolf was also in SF 2... besides, the characters rival or antagonist usually has more priority over their love interest. i mean who would have been selected first? ganondorf or zelda? peach or bowser? giving a character a rival in a fighting game gives the player options to do "hey, he picked fox! lets see who is stronger, fox or his rival wolf!" i mean what do tyou wanna see more? fox vs wolf or fox vs krystal?
Starfox 2 never came out. It was canceled very late in developement.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
but it was still completed? besides, doesnt wolf vs fox sound cool? i dunno why anyone wouldnt want that... sure they have done it in their ships but they havnt gone 1 on 1 in phisical form, have they?

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
Man, people are gonna die if they don't add either.... >_>;

I think we should do an MJ vs Andross poll! =D!

I<3Shiek

Smash Apprentice
Nah, check the thread I made on MJ. xD

Totally unique moveset, mostly. >.>;

Andross would be teh lame, I just want MJ to get some streetcredit.

I had to do some things to get that topic unlocked that I would rather not speak of. >_>

kaid

Smash Master
but it was still completed? besides, doesnt wolf vs fox sound cool? i dunno why anyone wouldnt want that... sure they have done it in their ships but they havnt gone 1 on 1 in phisical form, have they?
Nope. Someone leaked the ALMOST complete code to the Net, and people patched it to run via emulator. So it was technically a fangame.

Oh, and yes, they have. Assault.

Devl

Smash Journeyman
i didnt read this entire thread, but omg cmon people why krystal over wolf...wolf is 10x cooler, and has been around the franchise much much longer. wtf is wrong with people, wolf would be a nice foil to fox and falco, especially fox...think about it...its krystal, cmon folks

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Basically put, Wolf is getting the "Old School" and +villian voters.
While Krystal gets the "new school" and + female voters (and, to a smaller extent, the furries.)

They are tied.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Basically put, Wolf is getting the "Old School" and +villian voters.
While Krystal gets the "new school" and + female voters (and, to a smaller extent, the furries.)

They are tied.
Not...really. Wolf is getting the "omg krystal sux cause her fans r pervs lol" votes along with the villian votes. Krystal is the...well, I can't really deny that, cause it's a sad fact that's probably true. Oh well, I enjoy breaking the mold. like that.

Remember, people, love the character, hate the fans. How else do you put up with FF7 or Halo or Star Wars?

Devl

Smash Journeyman
im just saying that i cant comprehend why fans of nintendo would vote for krystal over star wolf...i mean to me its kinda like someone voting for waluigi over luigi in like a new nintendo character based game...doesnt make sense to me - wolf has put the time in, there arent too many villians in smash the way it is...think of wolf as like the ganon of fox...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Wolf is NOT the ganon of starfox, that's Andross.

Wolf is the wario of fox, nd that would make Krystal the Zelda.

But if you want to make silly arguments then here: That's like puttin Dr. Mario in over Peach.... which it kinda is.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario hasn't been around longer than Peach. And Wolf would best be described as the Wolf of Fox b/c Wario's antics are mostly for comic relief and Ganon is to important to LoZ as a whole.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Wario was created for exactly the same reason Waluigi was and Wolf was; a rival to the hero other than the main villian. Krystal, meanwhile, was incorporated as the Peach/Zelda; the main love interest (even if the love subplot is poorly done...). Ergo, putting Krystal before Wolf is like putting Peach before Wario. Taking it a step further, one pair should have been added at the same time, the other pair should be.

...Incidentally, those two examples are the only major Nintendo franchises that feature that stereotype (Link doesn't have a rival, Kirby doesn't have a lover, and Samus has neither). No point, just throwing that out.

Oh, and to clarify my statement earlier: I was making a generalization based on what I've seen of her fanbase. If I was insulting anyone, I was insulting myself and a lot of people from other sites I frequent.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Yeah but the Wolf-Krystal situation is a lot different than that, b/c while Wolf has been there longer; Krystal has come in and been a major character. You can't really say that for peach and wario. Unless you put Wolf in Peach's shoes and Krystal in Wario's.

P.S. Now here come the bad gay jokes.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
BTW, it's not the same as link and Zelda....

there is no love interest between Link and Zelda. And each is completely equal.

Krystal is a subordinate of Fox, though in SF:Adv, she's more of her own woman which is probably the Krystal we'd get, the one with the staff that wasn't under Fox's command.

Devl

Smash Journeyman
jeez i wasnt talking about wolf being the ganon of the starfox franchise...i mean that compared to foxs current style, and what i would imagine wolf would play like, he would feel like the ganon of the space animals...read my post plz srry if it was a bit confusing...yes im glad to see some people think that putting krystal before wolf is a bit premature and kinda a lack of seniority or respect...

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
I prefer Krystal more than Wolf, because we don't need 3 Spacehiroth Animals in Brawl. Fox is overused already.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Well, look at it this way: Star Wolf is the only feasible villain from the StarFox series, while Krystal is the only feasible chick character (ignoring the fact that Falco has looked pretty feminine in one of the SF games). They're both necessary, I think, so I voted for no preferance, however, Krystal's moveset practically writes itself. Ease of moveset doesn't make the character better, though. They should really both have a spot.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
You should include statements for both sides of the arguement in the original post, not just your take on the situation. Most of the voters choosing Krystal, are choosing her for the reason "she has a staff - she will have a unique moveset". But what you have to understand is that there will be no clones in Brawl. Therefore, if Wolf gets in, he will not be a clone, and he will have a unique moveset. I'd say it would be much more challenging and rewarding to come up with a completely new and unique moveset for Wolf, rather than a new moveset with Krystals staff/physcic powers. Recently in the Wolf thread we came up with some pretty cool idea's involving his robotic eye. One of which is sort of a lock on system that works similarly to M2's \/B, maybe with a little longer range. It would shoot out a red laser and if you get in range of it, you become locked on. When locked on, you move much faster towards your oponent, but when moving away you're still facing you opponet, so you will move slower. After enough damage is inflicted he would loose his target. They could even make it so his other B moves work better in conjuction with this ability, it has alot of potential. To me, that's 10x cooler then another PK thunder from Krystals super unique physcic abilities.

Also, I would much rather see representation of a villian from the starfox series over another ally. Gender should not be a factor, because hey, were all equal right? Good v.s. Evil is much more interesting. Also, I sort of dislike her is because half her fans only support her because they think she's hot.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah well that's very rare. I have yet to see a Wolf supporter say they want Wolf in because he's "got the goods".

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
"But what you have to understand is that there will be no clones in Brawl."

I want to see the quote that says there will 100% absolutly not be a single clone in Brawl... Show me THAT quote.

kaid

Smash Master
^Depends on where you live.

And the reason the Wolf thread doesn't have people saying he's hot, is because homosexuals (60%+ of the furry community) know better than to say anything on a public forum like this.

You should see some of the Sonic, ah, "Fanart."

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
but that pretty much blows the whole "furries want krystal" argument out of the water since the majority would want wolf.

That means that Wolf gets more of the fury vote and STILL is losing to Krystal

Top Bottom