• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal

Who Would You Rather See In Brawl #1 - Wolf O'Donnell Or Krystal?

• Dude, Star Wolf all the way!

Votes: 183 46.0%
  • Krystal's got the goods to be in Brawl!

Votes: 176 44.2%
  • I don't really have a preference

Votes: 39 9.8%

• Total voters

Crom

Smash Journeyman
^Depends on where you live.

And the reason the Wolf thread doesn't have people saying he's hot, is because homosexuals (60%+ of the furry community) know better than to say anything on a public forum like this.

You should see some of the Sonic, ah, "Fanart."
but that pretty much blows the whole "furries want krystal" argument out of the water since the majority would want wolf.

That means that Wolf gets more of the fury vote and STILL is losing to Krystal
So your saying the furry community is here voting, but the only reason the homosexuals don't say anything like that is because they know better? Give me a break. Wolf is not getting the furry vote because smash boards isen't a hardcore furry site, so kaid's random statistic about furries does not apply here.

The only reason I brought this topic up is because theres a good fraction of her supporters saying nothing but "she's hot" for their reasoning behind putting her in brawl, which is stupid. I diden't say they're hardcore furry fans going crazy about her.

"But what you have to understand is that there will be no clones in Brawl."

I want to see the quote that says there will 100% absolutly not be a single clone in Brawl... Show me THAT quote.
Sakuri said:
But, although you'll see characters from the last game, this time, on a significant scale [Yes, this is exact], they will be remade
-http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72642

You can assume there wont be clones in this one, but I guess it's not 100%. If anyone knows of another quote, post it. I remember there was a website by that same SamuraiPanda guy that had all the translations from Sakuri, but I forget what the url is.

If Falco returns, according to this quote, he well be remade on a significant scale. He will have a completely new moveset, and he meets all the criteria you guys are listing as reasons why Wolf will be a clone of Fox. I think it's reasonable to assume they would create a new moveset for Wolf too.

He's got just as much potential as Krystal for a new moveset, the only difference is it would be challenging. You would have to spend more than heartbeat thinking of his new moves, unlike krystal. But hey, according to you guys (or atleast according to some of the earlier posts in this thread that stated this), we should just go with the easier choice right? Sakuri should just not even bother making any unique characters and just make everyone in brawl clones of characters in melee, because that's the easier choice.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily. Krystal's way, way more popular among yiff artists. It's a mean stereotype, to be sure, but...well, stereotypes exist for a reason. Simply because you don't portray that stereotype doesn't mean that most of your group doesn't. You and I can say that we don't want Krystal because "omg teh s3x lol," but there's a lot of people who do. Conversely, there are some people who are furry for Wolf, but there's a lot of people who aren't.

...I was going somewhere with this, but I forgot where. @_@ Suffice to say, you can NOT say that Wolf is getting the furry vote without completely defying the logical outcome, making the poll weighted (and therefore worthless). However, saying Krystal is getting the furry vote (and Wolf the anti-furry vote) fits perfectly with the logical outcome, the only variable being the amount of furries on this board.

...And again I forget where I'm going with this. Off the rails of a crazy train, I guess.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Basically, the point is, this is NOT a furry board and even if it were, both Wolf and Krystal are furries.

So, the point is that it is ludicrous to say that Krystal has only the furry support and that anyone who likes her is a furry like thta's the only logical explanation for her leading Wolf in the polls.

Well, that is what is being said, and that's just stupid. Completely ignorant.

Krystal is winning because she has more portential, fair and square

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I don't think furry fanart of either Wolf or Krystal will be a contributing factor to their inclusion in the game.

kaid

Smash Master
^ only so far as if affects the character's overall popularity.

The raw numbers say Krystal is more popular for Brawl. While some of those votes are because "oMG HAWT!" many of them are because people know what the moveset would be and APPROVE.

Wolf supporters, on the other hand, have the inside track on name reconition, since Wolf was in Starfox 64 AND the Melee intro. But Wolf has to work uphill to overcome the view of him as Fox's stronger, evil twin. While he has possibilities for a non-clone moveset, that's not what people see, looking at him.

The Villian vs Female argument can be skipped, as both are equally in need.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Basically, the point is, this is NOT a furry board and even if it were, both Wolf and Krystal are furries.

So, the point is that it is ludicrous to say that Krystal has only the furry support and that anyone who likes her is a furry like thta's the only logical explanation for her leading Wolf in the polls.

Well, that is what is being said, and that's just stupid. Completely ignorant.

Krystal is winning because she has more portential, fair and square
I never said "she only has furry support and that anyone who likes her is a furry and thats the only reason she's winning". I simply don't like Krystal, and one of the reasons I gave why I don't like her was that a decent portion (not all) of her fans choose her because they think she's "hot". You can find those comments in the Krystal thread and a little bit in this one.

I'm not attributing that to her winning the polls either. It's just one of the reasons why I don't like her. The thing I attribute to her winning is in the original post he only quotes one side of the arguement, so it seems like undecided people read only that, then vote. Even that's not a big deal though, whatever. Wolf is catching up. Did you guys read anything else in my original post other than that one comment?

kaid

Smash Master
Wolf seems to be pretty steady at 11 votes behind Krystal.

And if someone came out and DID say Wolf was hot, would you suddenly not want Wolf?

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
I would be happy with either character; they are pretty good games but I've never been a big fan. Whatever everyone else wants :cool:

Edit: We are at 134 votes when I posted this. What furry or anti-furry community? Homosexuals? We've got 134 out of thousands of people on these forums! Not a big enough sample in my opinion; wait for more votes before drawing conclusions based on the numbers.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Wolf seems to be pretty steady at 11 votes behind Krystal.

And if someone came out and DID say Wolf was hot, would you suddenly not want Wolf?
Good point, that woulden't change my opinion on Wolf at all. I guess it just bothers me because it seems like that's part of the reason she's so populer, while on the other hand that has nothing to do with wolf fans. Or atleast that's how I percieve it. We can just end all arguements about that furry crap for now.

Now what about that other point I made for Wolf on the female vs villian debate? I said it would be better to have a villian over another ally from starfox, and even though she's female, that should not be a factor because we're all equal.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I fail to see how Smash counts as "Storyline-wise"
I suppose your right on that hand... But, Smash is the coming together of characters. Showing what they would be like on foot in actual combat whereas Assault was weapon-based only.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but I'm argueing that gender is irrelevant because were equal anyway, and what we should be looking at is ally vs villian instead of female vs villian

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yeah but I'm argueing that gender is irrelevant because were equal anyway, and what we should be looking at is ally vs villian instead of female vs villian
Why would we do that? By that token we could do Male vs. Female

kaid

Smash Master
Consider the male/female ratio of, say, Soul Caliber 2, to Smash. In Soul Caliber, the women equal the men in numbers, but Smash is biased toward the male gender.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
How 'bout we argue about neither? Oh noes, there's one more villian than female-WHO GIVES A FLYING ****? They're both underrepresented minorities in Smash; the fact that there are slightly less females than villians shouldn't matter.

Please, it's a stupid argument that I wish I had never taken part in. Both Wolf and Krystal deserve to be in Smash; which one gets in first is a matter of opinion. Wolf-supporters have better luck arguing to a rock than convincing Krystal-supporters that their opinion is wrong, and vice versa. So what are we arguing about? "I think you're right." "Well, I think you're wrong." "YOU'RE WRONG!!!" It's...it's...*breathes into a paper bag*

...Okay, I'm fine. Really, though, if both characters are so deserving, what say do we, the fanboys (and occasional girl), have in whether or not one gets in or another or both? In the end, it's Sakurai's decision; he could choose it on a coin toss or a drunken bet and we will BUY THE GAME, WHINE FOR A FEW WEEKS, AND GET RIGHT BACK TO PLAYING THE **** AWESOME GAME THAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE AN ADDITIONAL FUZZY THING.

...I need that paper bag again.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Consider the male/female ratio of, say, Soul Caliber 2, to Smash. In Soul Caliber, the women equal the men in numbers, but Smash is biased toward the male gender.
Because the majoraity of Nintendo characters are male there are very few Nintendo games where a female is the star, this is because they are sexist.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it's not that Smash is biased, maybe it's just because theres more recognizable / better male character in the nintendo universe? I'm sure it wouldent be so one sided if they were coming up with they're own brand new characters like in soul calibur.

kaid

Smash Master
Maybe it's not that Smash is biased, maybe it's just because theres more recognizable / better male character in the nintendo universe? I'm sure it wouldent be so one sided if they were coming up with they're own brand new characters like in soul calibur.
Yet does that same logic not apply to Villians, as well? There really isn't that many reconizable villians that would work for smash bros.

As I said, Villian vs Female is an even match.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Yet does that same logic not apply to Villians, as well? There really isn't that many reconizable villians that would work for smash bros.

As I said, Villian vs Female is an even match.

Well yeah, it does, that's why there aren't many villians or females in smash. I was just arguing that villians should be more important. I'm not interested in male vs female, I'm interested in good vs evil. I guess that just goes back to personal preference though

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I think that the biggest problem with that whole villain - female debate is that there are far less villains around in real life to be offended by the imbalance. But that's just me, you know...

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Hidden Tiger I don't think any serious girl gamer or any girl would get mad if they didn't have more girls than villains b/c: one the gamers just wouldn't care b/c smash is such a great game, and two the girls just would probably use mario, luigi, or peach b/c they're the most recognizable.

kaid

Smash Master
Well, the poll says that, out of the people on this site who are anticipating this game enough to have checked this room in the last few weeks, and operating under the (false) assumption that only one would get in, more people prefer Krystal. While this is a bit early to call it definitively, (After all, in the pokemon thread, Blaziken is making a comeback, catching up to Lucario after Lucario's early dominance) it does seem more people would be mildly disapointed if Krystal didn't get in, than would be mildly disapointed if Wolf didn't get in.

pwned142

Smash Cadet
i would like to see both in brawl but c'mon who can say they would like to see wolf vs fox in a ground fight????

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Then play Star Fox Assault.

I'm more interested in seeing Krystal use that staff than seeing Fox battle bizzaro Fox

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Krystal is not girl fox, she has her own unique style, unlike wolf who is basically just a bigger badder version of fox

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Krystal has her own unique style b/c you made that up just like Wolf can have his own unique style if I make one up. And several unique movesets have been made in the Wolf thread already.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
And they are all boring and uninspired... I've seen them.

As the only character with a staff, or a remotely staff like weapon for that matter, there is no way Krystal would be a clone.

She's be unique and new. Wolf seems stale to me

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
no, I'm affraid it's the other way around...

you seem to have a tenuous grasp of the word "opinion"

The whole staff thing is fact, not opinion

It's cooler to have fox fight his rival than to have krystal fight anyone is obviously an opinion.

Once you get a stronger grasp on thses things, then try to make an argument that factually supports Wolf

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Uh huh... and in the very first scene of Starfox adventures, who do you play, and what is she holding?

Oh, and then at the end, what is she using to try to fight Andross?

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Okay but still saying "Wolf would be a clone." is opinion also saying "Wolf seems stale to me." is opinion. So don't go trying to say that everything you say is truth and every thing I say is opinion.

Blazer

Smash Ace
When does Krystal actually kill something with the staff? Hm?
She also could be a clone because in Assault and probably command she is no different from the other characters now is she? You fail.

Top Bottom