• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will main Link?

metalink007

Smash Rookie
Link's attacks look better and faster than in brawl then they did in melee. I used him alot in melee, so i think i'll use him in brawl

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Between Link, DK, Sonic and Fox :)

Fox-just for samus ;) (i find it so hilarious to reflect that blaster back at him :p)
Sonic- For pawnage
DK- For amusement
Link- Because I think he's the coolest character out of all of them. Short hop the dair, every day :)

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
:)i have always mained link since ssbb64. i always loved the zelda games and hes been my favorite character since i was a little lad

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
^^ You'd better be talking about Shadow Ganon.

On topic, I've been switching between mains a lot. I was a Link main in 64, then a Falcon/Link main in SSBM. Right now, I'm trying to improve my mario game, because he looks like he's going to be pretty business in brawl. Link looks like he's going to be fun, too: He was too slow for me in melee, which is why I switched to Falcon. Now that he's looking faster, I think I'm going to have a good game with him again.

Well, goodish. Because I'll be too busy godmaining Sonic.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I'll use him alot because he's so awesome with a bunch of other characters I like but Yoshi will stay my main since 64. :)

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
I shooting to have the top in Link in all the world. Slim chance but I'll work hard

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
k, i am links newest incarnation so yes. i will main him to death. i am going 2 try ike, sonic, pit, kirby 4 his fs, and wario.

oh, and gold link all the way!!!

HiIH

Smash Lord
PaperLink said:
YEAH! TIER F***ERS UNITE! Wait, that came out wrong...
I'm sigging this.

Also, YAUS! I shall Link main again, but I'm excited about Ike. From what I've heard I'm betting he's going to be similar to Link's weight in Melee.

For melee mine is
Main-Link
Secondary-Dr. Mario
Third-Falco

Because let's face it, Star fox should be Star Falco.

Skler

Smash Master
I'll probably end up maining Link again, and it almost looks like they made Link worse in Brawl.

Fortunately they made everybody else worse too (except maybe kirby and bowser) so Link might not be too terrible.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
I'll probably end up maining Link again, and it almost looks like they made Link worse in Brawl.

Fortunately they made everybody else worse too (except maybe kirby and bowser) so Link might not be too terrible.
Worse? WORSE?! If anything, Link is BETTER in Brawl! You can charge his spin attack, his bombs are much more powerful, his boomerang comes out and moves faster(even though it does no damage on the way back), his bow goes much farther, his forward tilt is faster and a bit more powerful, Link HIMSELF is much faster, his Final Smash is extremely powerful, and he has some of the sickest looking costumes in the game! And for all of those people who have trouble with tether recoveries, his clawshot homes for the nearest wall!

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I plan on maining Link again. I'm glad he's faster this time around, maybe he will make a higher tier.
Even if he isn't high on the tier list, assuming there will ever be an accurate one, a true link fan should still main him and still be awesome with him. it is possible you know.

Aw yeah. I also plan to main with link. Now, i play with Sheik and young link and played as link in e for all. He is faster and better in my opinion this time around.

Also, HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i will be mainig ike, link is still cool though

anyways any link player who is serious about competitive smash give me ur Wii friend code

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
ok rocdar then u will be my friend ;) i play a lot of smash im going to add u right now so do the smae please

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I will probably main Link again though not exclusively he will be joined with the likes of Zelda and most likely Snake. Maybe others as well but those three are guaranteed mains.:)

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
I will main Link again. I mained him back in SS64, when it was nigh impossible to win. I mained him in SSM, where it was possible, but difficult. Hopefully, in this game, he is just ever so slightly better, as I like playing with a challenging character, especially when he is so effin sweet. ^^

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I will main Link again. I mained him back in SS64, when it was nigh impossible to win. I mained him in SSM, where it was possible, but difficult. Hopefully, in this game, he is just ever so slightly better, as I like playing with a challenging character, especially when he is so effin sweet. ^^
Was he really hard in the original?

On a side note, have you ever used YL and if so, do you think Link or YL is easier to win with?

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Was he really hard in the original?

On a side note, have you ever used YL and if so, do you think Link or YL is easier to win with?
In the original, if your character couldn't roll/grab easily, you were at a major handicap. Link couldn't do that because of his hookshot's lag. He also had a major disadvantage because his recovery was so bad (easily the worst in the game). These were his only real downfalls, but in SS64, where getting hit/grabbed once often led to death, these were brutal issues to overcome.

In SSM, I've tried YL, but I don't like him. I like Link's heavy, ranged, power based play style. YL is too agile, not having enough power in his Up-B and Smashes, nor range with his Bow/Bombs/Boomerang. YL also doesn't weigh enough, often leading to death too early for my liking. He plays better for some people, but I just can't adjust myself for him.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
In the original, if your character couldn't roll/grab easily, you were at a major handicap. Link couldn't do that because of his hookshot's lag. He also had a major disadvantage because his recovery was so bad (easily the worst in the game). These were his only real downfalls, but in SS64, where getting hit/grabbed once often led to death, these were brutal issues to overcome.

In SSM, I've tried YL, but I don't like him. I like Link's heavy, ranged, power based play style. YL is too agile, not having enough power in his Up-B and Smashes, nor range with his Bow/Bombs/Boomerang. YL also doesn't weigh enough, often leading to death too early for my liking. He plays better for some people, but I just can't adjust myself for him.
Mmm...I prefer YL myself. I like speed characters over power ones.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
If the Hero of Winds is in, I'd definitely be using him a lot. But I'd still stick with Link. In Melee I kind of liked Young Link better than Link sometimes (he was better to annoy people with :D and plus he has the LonLon Milk) but Link was still my main.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
If the Hero of Winds is in, I'd definitely be using him a lot. But I'd still stick with Link. In Melee I kind of liked Young Link better than Link sometimes (he was better to annoy people with :D and plus he has the LonLon Milk) but Link was still my main.
Either the HoW or Link would be my main, with Pit, Meta Knight, and possibly Sonic as secondaries.

Top Bottom