• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will main Link?

Capitol

Smash Rookie
Always have and always will main Link.
He's supposed to be even better in Brawl, so I don't see any reason to move to another character when I'm already pretty good with this one. ;)

goblue86

Smash Rookie
link was my main for melee and its not going to change now. i think he suits my play style best and is easy for me to use. i will main him and probably second pit, because he seems to have some similarites as link

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah! I will definetely main Link! I always have, the tier list is screwy anyways...
I uhh... actually thought Link wasn't that slow, but I'm not the majority.
I'm pretty good with Link though, I see no reason to not main with him, plus my friends got scared of me when they learned Link had become stronger, yep.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Link is my main in Melee. Am I crazy in thinking Link wasn't that slow in Melee? I just thought he was average (In a good way).
He was pretty slow...I mean, he wasn't Bowser or Ganon, but he also wasn't his younger counterpart...maybe I'm just more used to YL and therefore think Link's pretty slow. Dunno.

Always have and always will main Link.
He's supposed to be even better in Brawl, so I don't see any reason to move to another character when I'm already pretty good with this one. ;)
Exactly.

link was my main for melee and its not going to change now. i think he suits my play style best and is easy for me to use. i will main him and probably second pit, because he seems to have some similarites as link
Again, exactly.

Oh yeah! I will definetely main Link! I always have, the tier list is screwy anyways...
I uhh... actually thought Link wasn't that slow, but I'm not the majority.
I'm pretty good with Link though, I see no reason to not main with him, plus my friends got scared of me when they learned Link had become stronger, yep.
Yeah...one of my friends vows that he won't let me use the GCN controller at his house with Link, 'cause I'm way too good for him anyway. I'm just like, set me up with the Wiimote and Nunchuk and I'll still win. Most of my friends are n00bs.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
I`m probably going to toy around with link whilst playing with my mains/secondaries/thirds/etc. Then about a month or two into the game, after procrastinating, i will use him as one of my mains after realizing how awesome he is compared to my original mains.

vato_break

Smash Master
link has always my secondary main
i really did try to become good with him problem was he was to slow ,espacially with his dair (unless you L canceled) which i didn't very do much
i mained marth because he was a pretty fast swordsmen
now that link has benn buffed ill main him

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I`m probably going to toy around with link whilst playing with my mains/secondaries/thirds/etc. Then about a month or two into the game, after procrastinating, i will use him as one of my mains after realizing how awesome he is compared to my original mains.
Mine from the start.

link has always my secondary main
i really did try to become good with him problem was he was to slow ,espacially with his dair (unless you L canceled) which i didn't very do much
i mained marth because he was a pretty fast swordsmen
now that link has benn buffed ill main him
That's why I used Young Link. ;)

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
just looking at link in the videos , he will for sure be a high or mid tier since he was always a low tier which always made me mad in melee and 64, but i will main link and play tri-force.

LINK FOR THE WIN!

Rampe

Smash Rookie
Link was my first main in Melee, and so Link will be one of my mains is Brawl.

I have played all the 3D Zeldas and I think that Link is so cooool.
New weapons
Faster
Master Swords ftw
Hylian Shield ftw
Green is my favorite color
My avatar is always Link

Those are some reason why I will main Link in Brawl

Rampe

Smash Rookie
Link was my first main in Melee, and so Link will be one of my mains is Brawl.

I have played all the 3D Zeldas and I think that Link is so cooool.
New weapons
Faster
Master Swords ftw
Hylian Shield ftw
Green is my favorite color
My avatar is always Link

Those are some reasons why I will main Link in Brawl

EDIT: doh, i can`t delete this post, i don`t know how i should do it...

kerok

Smash Rookie
link is my best character in the smash 64 and melee and he will be my main character in brawl.

the master of legends

Smash Cadet
Link has been my main since the 64 days. He probably always will be. And Rampe, you should definitely try to find time to play the old Zelda games. They were all so great.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
He was never my main but I am ok with him, he's supposed to move faster and his hookshot is supposed to shoot faster, so he may become a main, if he is overall faster and I like how he plays enough.

Otherwise he will be one of those charcters I use for fun, like Kirby.

SpaceAnglerLeon

Smash Rookie
He was in Smash Bros 64, and in Melee, so I think he will again. He has strong attacks and is quite heavy. His two foward Smash attacks can clear crowds in an instant.

davesy22

Smash Rookie
I've been maining Link and don't plan to change doing so for Brawl. Plus I like his gold costume.

Doodle2000

Smash Cadet
Link is faster but more floatish, i think ill stick whit him. if not him its going to be DeDeDe!

m0dredus

Hail Hydra
Its definatly possible. Hes obviously ogtten a lot better, and faster.

@Doodle2000: Everyone has, as far ar character weight goes, he falls somewhere in the heavy-middle range as far as I can tell.

Im digging his alt costumes, but I haven't seen this gold/yellow one everyones talking about, can someone post the link to a video or pic of it?

Anyway, He seems to play more similar to how Y.Link did in melee, speed wise that it. T. Link is too different for me to get used to. So I will probably play him alot, even if I don't main him.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
HECK YES i will main Link!

in brawl, he's got a lot more speed, and his bow n' bombs both have a LOT more horizontal range, and thus more offensive capabilities. Ima be jump-shootin' everywhere I go, man!

Granted his up b pretty much bites now, but in my opinion, it's more honorable to be a character without any ridiculously cheap spammable moves (not to say his up B in melee was all that spammable in the first place, but it still was one of the best moves in the game).

Considering his many new improvements and very few new flaws, I believe that he will be at LEAST in the middle of the tier list, and, if he ain't, well.......

:chuckle: LET'S MAKE HIM BE THERE! Long live the Link mains!!! :chuckle:

ODIN787

Smash Journeyman
will i main him?

yea ill main him ,no doubt about it,even if he did lost his spin attacks dangerous spike i really dont care they probably did it to balance him better,his proyectiles are upgraded,his speed is upgraded ,hes got lesser lag from what i have seen ,so there really is no problem with him ,sure he lost an awesome killer move but he still has got his other more useful ones (namely neutral aerial and down aerial <my fave!>) so hes become a more efficient fighting machine than he was before ,ill definetly main him till the end:):):):laugh:

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I was the man with Link in Melee (casually), it's kind of dissapointing that his spin attack is nerfed, but charging should making timing edgeguards easier. He's faster thank god, but is it rue that his arrows release as soon as they're fully charged now?

I started maining Link in the other games because I love Zelda so much, and eventually built my "ranged" playstyle around him. He'll always be my one true main, but I'm going to try out Olimar and Snake too.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
yea ill main him ,no doubt about it,even if he did lost his spin attacks dangerous spike i really dont care they probably did it to balance him better,his proyectiles are upgraded,his speed is upgraded ,hes got lesser lag from what i have seen ,so there really is no problem with him ,sure he lost an awesome killer move but he still has got his other more useful ones (namely neutral aerial and down aerial <my fave!>) so hes become a more efficient fighting machine than he was before ,ill definetly main him till the end:):):):laugh:

Please learn how to spell and not look like a complete moron.

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
Please learn how to be constructive and not flame people for lacking grammar. It's the internet after all, not oxford.
True, although, being a student at oxford, you adapt to everyone having half a brain. Just keep in mind that I know more than most Link players on here, skler and kratos at the Link boards can vouch for me. So if you don't believe the fact that I have more experience and general knowledge than you, eat one.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
You know Aurashade, if you don't stop acting like an *******, I will report you to the mods.

Over what?

Well it seems that all you're ever interested in doing on the Link threads is trolling, making an *** out of yourself and pissing most everyone off.

Top Bottom