• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will main Link?

SuperLinkBrothers

Smash Ace
mmm, I will always try other characters, but still, Link will be my main ;)

Sonic is a defetly on trying. And sadly, my friends that play as Kirby, say they are going to play as Kirby and/or Sonic, and aren't going to try anyone else(which is pretty stupid).

When I first started Melee(ill admit it) I played as, well, lets see, I didnt have a main, I played as Link, Samus, Zelda, Kirby, and, Mewtwo. Well, I guess my main was Samus back then. But I quickly realized that Link was who I was best at fighting with(although I also do play as Zelda, Samus, Kirby, Mewtwo, Fox, Falco, Y.Link, C.Falcon, Ganondorf, and(just recently) Ice climbers(I used to think they were really lame).

I guess really I fyou were going to caterogize it now, it'd be:

Main: Link
Secondaries: Samus, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Fox, Roy
Third...aires: Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Falco, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Marth
Fourth...aires: Luigi, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, MR. Game And Watch, Pikachu, Kirby
Fifth...aires: Dr.Mario, Mario, Bowser,
NEVER PLAY AS: Peach, Ness, Pichu, Jigglypuff

Okay, now I'm going WAY off topic, so,back on topic, um, well, I dont know anymore, there isnt anything to say, yes, I'm going to main him...

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Good to see this thread is on every board.

I am being to hate the way you guys use the word, but Link will be my main character like he was in Melee. I mean he's a swordsmen and has projectiles. Can't beat that.

Unless they come out with Cloud.. then I don't know. But that won't happen. :ohwell:

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
What will probably happen with me is what happened between 64 and Melee. I love Link and always will, but I will try out everyone else, then probably go back to Link because of improvements or I'll miss an aspect of Link in the new character and it won't feel right. I remember trying out Marth and instinctively trying to boomerang an opponent to stun them before going in for the kill and getting the dance and missing... yeah.

I will have to try out Pit, Metaknight and see if I can get Ike to a playable (doubting more and more) see how they feel. At least with Pit I will have a bow. *shrugs*

Ultimately I will go back to Link or at least co-main him.

Nasir

Smash Apprentice
mmm, I will always try other characters, but still, Link will be my main ;)

Sonic is a defetly on trying. And sadly, my friends that play as Kirby, say they are going to play as Kirby and/or Sonic, and aren't going to try anyone else(which is pretty stupid).

When I first started Melee(ill admit it) I played as, well, lets see, I didnt have a main, I played as Link, Samus, Zelda, Kirby, and, Mewtwo. Well, I guess my main was Samus back then. But I quickly realized that Link was who I was best at fighting with(although I also do play as Zelda, Samus, Kirby, Mewtwo, Fox, Falco, Y.Link, C.Falcon, Ganondorf, and(just recently) Ice climbers(I used to think they were really lame).

I guess really I fyou were going to caterogize it now, it'd be:

Secondaries: Samus, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Fox, Roy
Third...aires: Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Falco, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Marth
Fourth...aires: Luigi, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, MR. Game And Watch, Pikachu, Kirby
Fifth...aires: Dr.Mario, Mario, Bowser,
NEVER PLAY AS: Peach, Ness, Pichu, Jigglypuff

Okay, now I'm going WAY off topic, so,back on topic, um, well, I dont know anymore, there isnt anything to say, yes, I'm going to main him...

It's quite the same for me.

In Melee it was:

Secondaries: Falco, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff
Thirdaries: Ice Climbers, Bowser, DK,

I used to play with those. But Link has always been my main. Even if I lately been playing more with Ganondorf and Doc and Even Jigglypuff quite much. But this is of course off topic...

Wing-Zero

Smash Apprentice
i love his new boomerang , and i think maining a character is cool but i am not so competative so i have no need ( maining a character is difficult for me because i dont like one spacific character) : )

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
i dont know who ill main, cause i havent played, but Links been my main since 64 so im pretty sure it will be Link or Sonic but both will at the least be secondaries

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
I'm maining him without a second thought. His increase in speed is probably his biggest improvement. IMO, speed was all that he needed in order to be a better character, and the fact that he is now faster (and at least as powerful as before) certainly helps.

But I haven't seen him use his Illusion Stab once yet. Can anyone who went to E for All clarify this for me? If they got rid of it, I'll be more pissed than if they gave Captain Falcon (my second main) the cut.

I still think he'd've been better off with a new fair, though (I hope that it's at least faster than in Melee).

KMeLzzzzZ BoRiCuA

Smash Rookie
I always had Link as my main.
he was my fav nintendo charector.

i hated how people said he was wack because of his speed in melee
so one day i practiced and entered a tournament and actually
got 1st place with him...the tournament was at my school but
everyone played like the pros you see on youtube.

you guys probably wont believe me but i am incredubly good
with Link... i can surpise you big time...since brawl has online
ill be happy to prove it...

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely going to main him, though I will practice up and get good with Pokémon Trainer as well, but the TP Link, he's the main character from the game I love; The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

I really can't consider not maining Link, and with his cool Dark Link costume straight from TP, all the more reason I want to get really good with such a good character.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I'm attcually concidering it. I've been messing around with him lately, he's very decent overall he just didn't have anything in the past to make him shoot to top tier. But i just start using the bow as a quick his when I'm really close and I'm liking him. Though I think I'll rely on the up-b too much and will be sadened that's it's a bit weaker. But until recently I never concidered him, I just might though.

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
I always had Link as my main.
he was my fav nintendo charector.

i hated how people said he was wack because of his speed in melee
so one day i practiced and entered a tournament and actually
got 1st place with him...the tournament was at my school but
everyone played like the pros you see on youtube.

you guys probably wont believe me but i am incredubly good
with Link... i can surpise you big time...since brawl has online
ill be happy to prove it...
wii number?

Triforce Master 93

Smash Rookie
Link has always been my favorite character, I just hope he is useful for competitve play.
I don't think he was very good at competitive play before, but I owned on him anyway.
Just depends on who you are good at.
Unless your pro. Then it's how good the character can get.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
I'll definitely be maining Link. Reason being because he was my my main in the last 2 SSB's. It's tradition for me to use him first also. :]

Demonplant

Smash Cadet
I mained link in SSBM and my friends complained about how cheap his up B is LOL, so im going to try sonic or fox as my main in brawl.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
I've always held on to Link and I certainly don't intend to stop now. Link FTW
Anyway he's alot faster now which will indeed take me to another leage and even if glitches and wave-dashing and all that bull**** hasn't gotten rid of then I will certainly now be able to surpass it since Links speed is improved and then I'll rly be able to show how good I can be with Link. Still testing Ike is something I feel I just gotta do since I'm a fan of the FE-series and like Ike the most in them.

Irow

Smash Ace
I'll main Link in the beginning like always. If I play the best with him, I'll main him for the rest of Brawl. But I might end up maining a different character because of efficiency.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
Probably. I'll use him first, but I'll also check out the other characters and see how I do.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I might main him. Link is currently my secondary along with Mario but since Marth(my main) isn't in the game as far as we know I will be trying them first.

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
I mained link in SSBM and my friends complained about how cheap his up B is LOL, so im going to try sonic or fox as my main in brawl.
If they complained about link being cheap in melee, they will not stop complain if you change character to a speedy character, the things they says is the only thing who change, from "you just keep me at distant and when I am close you use your cheap U-B" to "sonic and fox is so unfairly fast, you never let me attack". it is like that to be better than others.

I

i8waffles612

Most likely me, I mained him in Melee too. But Im looking to try other character such as Ike because he is badass

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
Same here! I hope WW Link is in, too, so I can switch between them and mix things up! 8D

Top Bottom