• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

GreenTech

Smash Rookie
Played on 3DS vs someone named 'Blaziken' who was great with cloud, destroyed my fox. :) Had some good matches with 'J' aswell

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
Played a good Lucas (green t shirt) called "J" - GG's man. Had so much fun with our off stage battles.

Twewy

Smash Lord
@Little Z (or @LittleZ, cannot remember), your Marth was damn good! Our shield breaks and running-on-the-edge-glitch-thing-I-can't-remember-the-name-ofs were so hype.

If it wasn't you, my bad.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I fought some named "vinnie", but used the names RosaLuma and Life Saver when playing as Rosalina and Luma and Dr. Mario. I was two-stocked by hks Yoshi at the end. Great player. I went under the name "Valkyrie" and used ZSS/Samus. I only won once, but I'm glad vinnie didn't mind playing against me. I left because I didn't want to waste his time, though. Good games.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
Fought a really good zero suit samus player. i was playing shiek and I love that match up but I was pretty much bodied 3 times in a row. Thanks for the fun matches and you were probably the best player I faced in a while

BusterWolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6264-8715
[3DS]Just played a Kirby called TheTB who had some insane combos. My Diddy barely pulled ahead and won a couple of the few matches we won, although I don't know how I pulled that off. Good games, shame we didn't play more!
I just played this guy! His Kirby is amazing!

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
Met a guy on 3DS whose name was Saurionx, or some such. He seems like an a-hole who believes he's better than you.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I fought a very skilled Zero Suit Samus today. Their name tag was L, and their mii's name was Lucas.
They used the black alt and completely obliterated my Mewtwo in all three matches we fought. I got beaten so badly in the second match that we both changed our name tags to "LOL" for a moment afterwards.

In the final match we had, they managed to punish my teleport with a down special right as I tried to ledge snap with it. It's very rare to come across someone that skilled on For Glory, so it left a definite impression on me.

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
Last night I fought a fake mang0 with the tag "USA!" on Wii U. But hey, I don't mind. He was really good when it came to using Sheik and Yoshi. Gave my Marth and Greninja a bit of trouble. But if you are here, what do you think of my Ike? He's another character I'm thinking of picking up.

Last edited:

GreenTech

Smash Rookie
Played on 3DS vs 'JADE'. They played better than anyone I've seen on FG. Some matches were tight, some weren't at all (as in he/she destroying me lol!) I hope I find them again sometime

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Played someone named "Fire Red," and someone named "BLOOD." If you guys see this, great matches! You really put my Palutena and Sheik to work. Hopefully we can battle again.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
This morning I played someone called "jojo" and his tag was "AP | Matt". He used Sheik and he kicked my ***. I felt like I learned something for the first time today.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
There was a dude who had the tag "BLUE" who used light blue Kirby. He kicked my Charizard's behind, but then I switched to Yoshi and we had some good matches. He's above my skill level, but not so far above it that playing him was like running into a brick wall.

Then I got him with a fair spike and taunted. Which is something that I do sometimes for fun. He goes into Kaio-Ken mode and starts whaling on me. I still might have won if I was any better at off-stage edgeguarding (anything offstage is a matter of my mind thinking it before my fingers can do it) but alas. As I get screen KO'd, he taunts 3 times, which is fair enough. I get ready for the next match and his tag alternates between "TAUNT" and "BODIED" before leaving.

If you're reading this Blue, I wanted to say sorry. I didn't think you would react that strongly to a taunt. You were a good opponent, and I'd like to play some more against you if you're willing.

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
There was a dude who had the tag "BLUE" who used light blue Kirby. He kicked my Charizard's behind, but then I switched to Yoshi and we had some good matches. He's above my skill level, but not so far above it that playing him was like running into a brick wall.

Then I got him with a fair spike and taunted. Which is something that I do sometimes for fun. He goes into Kaio-Ken mode and starts whaling on me. I still might have won if I was any better at off-stage edgeguarding (anything offstage is a matter of my mind thinking it before my fingers can do it) but alas. As I get screen KO'd, he taunts 3 times, which is fair enough. I get ready for the next match and his tag alternates between "TAUNT" and "BODIED" before leaving.

If you're reading this Blue, I wanted to say sorry. I didn't think you would react that strongly to a taunt. You were a good opponent, and I'd like to play some more against you if you're willing.
You sound like a respectable player, just bear in mind that taunting can rub people the wrong way and really ruin the experience. You had the grace to recognise that this player "Blue" is better than you, however Blue doesn't know you thought this, and probably saw the taunt as being cocky rather than in a "I managed to spike you even tho you're better" kind of way.

It's rare to play someone who is better and who will also stay for multiple games. There isn't much to gain from playing someone who isn't as skilled as you, so when you play someone better, appreciate that it's a great learning experience for you, and therefore refrain from taunting. Some people aren't triggered by taunting, but some are quite badly, so you will only gain by not taunting.

Unfortunately our community can at times be a bit delicate, so keeping the peace is the way to go imo. I wish we didn't have to walk on egg shells but hey, if it's accomplished by something as simple as not taunting someone, I'm all for it

ProjectSixam

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0946-2460-6540
Meanwhile, in Wii U Smash Jail, I wind up getting two different people using the name "Clout Lord" in some way or another, and both of them played mario (or in the second case, dr mario)... Did nothing but up airs, then suicided. And postmatch told me to leave in some way, shape or form, and in one instance, to "Go Play Brawl". No idea what I did to earn his/their ire, but.... lol.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Shout out to Gabe, who played Falcon, Jigglypuff, Dr. Mario, Corrin and some other characters he used
I was Tino who played Rosalina and Cloud. I had fun with our matches and I hope you did too. Good games. :)

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
Meanwhile, in Wii U Smash Jail, I wind up getting two different people using the name "Clout Lord" in some way or another, and both of them played mario (or in the second case, dr mario)... Did nothing but up airs, then suicided. And postmatch told me to leave in some way, shape or form, and in one instance, to "Go Play Brawl". No idea what I did to earn his/their ire, but.... lol.
lol That is a pretty funny situation though

YoshiYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I just played a really good 3DS Yoshi. I forget the name though because I don't save videos. I will always remember the fight though. That Yoshi knew how to do all the stuff mine does, with B-reverses and retreating aerials. If it weren't for one little kink in your gameplay, we might not have gone even.

I don't usually like playing against Yoshi, but you knew what you were doing so I enjoyed it. Might not have enjoyed it if you beat me every game though...Sorry I left after you switched characters. I need to take breaks, Yoshi is intense.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
[Wii U]
Good games to Tanner who played as Ryu, Cloud and Fox earlier. I was Tino who played Link the whole time.
You have a long ways to go to develop your Smash skills, but you can do it. Keep trying and keep on smashin'

Nah

Smash Champion
There was a guy I beat yesterday named "SAGE mode" or something like that. He was quite salty afterwards. Mate all I can say to you is:
Keep feeding me the salt man, I love it.

There was also someone who played the golden :4falcon:, had the name Rawk Hawk. Love it man, love it.

VizionarY

Smash Cadet
NNID
nntnendogamer511
3DS FC
5172-3207-3782
I have been trying to play FG often as of late but i'm very busy. Nonetheless my Tag on Wii U version is "VizionarY" and i use Shulk and Rosalina. On 3DS Version i play the same characthers but i believe my tag was "Ryan". I just found this thread today and I hope to be able to use this thread to find opponents who are better than me

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
I have been trying to play FG often as of late but i'm very busy. Nonetheless my Tag on Wii U version is "VizionarY" and i use Shulk and Rosalina. On 3DS Version i play the same characthers but i believe my tag was "Ryan". I just found this thread today and I hope to be able to use this thread to find opponents who are better than me
This thread is more for giving shoutouts to players you come across who you think played really well, or you had fun with etc.

Have you tried Anther's Ladder before? There's some really great players on there. You can advertise matches or challenge other people. It's pretty cool for people who are growing out of FG and need more of a challenge

blacktail

Smash Rookie
S scanimal

Next time don't act like an ***.

Those times I two stocked your rob are going on youtube, as well as all other matches.

Show others respect and you'll receive it in return, act like a dbag and karma will pay you back in spades. normally I don't call out people like this, but you deserve it for how disrespectful and arrogant you were.

EDIT: Oh btw yes, I did report you, a report you very much deserved.
S scanimal

Next time don't act like an ***.

Those times I two stocked your rob are going on youtube, as well as all other matches.

Show others respect and you'll receive it in return, act like a dbag and karma will pay you back in spades. normally I don't call out people like this, but you deserve it for how disrespectful and arrogant you were.

EDIT: Oh btw yes, I did report you, a report you very much deserved.

S scanimal is a pretty salty dude. He also won't play me again lmao.

ProjectSixam

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0946-2460-6540
GetShulked GetShulked : Good games. Dunno why you said "Last One" then decided to go for another when you lost that match.

Very good shulk. Never been on my toes like that before.

link2702

Smash Champion
S scanimal is a pretty salty dude. He also won't play me again lmao.
i can believe it, they guy acted so cocky against me when i used random characters and he won, second I used some of my main characters, he got humiliated.

in other news, had some very hilarious falcon dittos the other day against someone named berserker

ended up accepting a friend request from him on wii u, so yeah good games to him.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
I wish I could remember half of the people I fight in For Glory. You fight so many sometimes that most just become character faces and its easy to forget that there is a human being on the other side of the screen.

scanimal

Smash Rookie
i can believe it, they guy acted so cocky against me when i used random characters and he won, second I used some of my main characters, he got humiliated.

in other news, had some very hilarious falcon dittos the other day against someone named berserker

ended up accepting a friend request from him on wii u, so yeah good games to him.

You never posted our fight to YouTube like u said u would :( please let me know if u post it

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Might be a new member to these forums, but I meet enough good online players to warrant an account.

Shoutouts to a solid ZSS player running the tag Darian (pretty sure that was it?), I have immense matchup inexperience with that one and it was a joy getting to learn some stuff! So disappointed about the lag, I wish we could have fought more.

To whoever was running the tag Steve, I wish for you to know that I seriously do not approve of returning a greeting taunt only to be hit, then taunted at every KO and game won. I'm sorry I did not put up any real fights until the last one and then released my rage on your ditto Charizard. GG.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Might be a new member to these forums, but I meet enough good online players to warrant an account.

Shoutouts to a solid ZSS player running the tag Darian (pretty sure that was it?), I have immense matchup inexperience with that one and it was a joy getting to learn some stuff! So disappointed about the lag, I wish we could have fought more.

To whoever was running the tag Steve, I wish for you to know that I seriously do not approve of returning a greeting taunt only to be hit, then taunted at every KO and game won. I'm sorry I did not put up any real fights until the last one and then released my rage on your ditto Charizard. GG.
Sucks that someone would do that to ya. But there are players who do not respect the small unwritten rules of Smash and would rather get in a cheap shot than show class. When someone does something like that you should go out of your way to body them, then give a nice taunt at the end for good measures.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I just thought a Bowser Jr called Volition. He destroyed me so much. After winning too many matches in a row against some noobs, he reminded me of how bad I really am. Thank you.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I fought someone named Taiga with the tag below it, Zucco. Both names looked familiar as if I fought this person before. Great matches. You kept me on my toes. So I wanted to let you know that even if the matches were 1-2, you still performed well. I wanted to put GGs, but you had left.

VizionarY

Smash Cadet
NNID
nntnendogamer511
3DS FC
5172-3207-3782
This thread is more for giving shout outs to players you come across who you think played really well, or you had fun with etc.

Have you tried Anther's Ladder before? There's some really great players on there. You can advertise matches or challenge other people. It's pretty cool for people who are growing out of FG and need more of a challenge
Hey there Zoom, and thanks for the reply. Nonetheless, I should have worded my first message i said in this forum better. I just wanted to introduce myself to see if anyone had known me. Anyway you asked if i had used Anther's Ladder before and yes i have but i feel like a lot of the people i fight on Anther's Ladder have a lot more lag issues and whatnot. Rather on FG i actually have fairly good luck finding great players and not dealing with lag in my matches. (It's weird isn't it?). Anyway i'll be sure to use this forum for it's rightful purpose in the future when i do indeed get around to playing For Glory again.

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
No worries :) sorry I wasn't trying to tell you off or anything. That is weird about your lag experiences. I get lag more on FG

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Anther's Ladder is also inconvenient in that you have to find someone to fight and set up everything, such as NNID and possibly a room if your opponent hasn't done so. It's not bad, it's just not convenient. The upside of AL is finding those in your league and getting advice.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
S/O to a Sheik main who ran the tag Cuzzie I think, you absolutely bodied me at first and I learnt quite a lot about the Sheik matchup! Would've stayed longer if I had the time.

Top Bottom