• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I feel kind of like an idiot now because I forgot the Mii name of my opponent (and I didn't save any matches) but I do remember the tag: 1Der.

Really good matches on the Wii U. I was going random for a while after using Dedede the first match, then switched to characters I was more comfortable with (Game & Watch and Villager). You had a really good Meta Knight, Peach, and ROB. Your ROB gave my Villager a lot more trouble than I was expecting. I'd love to play you again some other time.

Original name taken

Smash Rookie
guy named soup, on 3ds, played ganon. the entire time all I could say was "Ganon has never been this annoying... I don't know how dis is possible..." you sir have changed my view on ganon. then again, a close match with someone good will do that for any character.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Shoutouts to Everett, a Link/Falcon I just played on For Glory! I was far too tired to play properly at all, and still got him down to last stock without using any character I'm good with. Afterwards, he put on the "GIT GUD" tag and left. Hope we play again!

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Gg to a Pit and Falco named Tae.
Not bad dude

link2702

Smash Champion
ok this is ridiculous....i've litterally ran into about 40-50 japanese players today.

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
All right, this post is an actual shoutout rather than how I joked around in the previous one.

Good games to Felix, a Charizard player! I was trying out G&W for the first time, then I went Bowser last match. I would've gone my own Charizard since he's in my top 3, but I didn't want it to come off as disrespect.

Virgo the Warp'd Star

Smash Rookie
NNID
VonVirgo
Just went up against a Fox named "Codeman" and he's the first person I've played online who was perfect pivoting and using it effectively. I still beat for the most part save for our last two matches (plus I think he won once or twice in the middle) but he was a solid player none the less and makes me want to practice perfect pivoting for reals.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Just went up against a Fox named "Codeman" and he's the first person I've played online who was perfect pivoting and using it effectively. I still beat for the most part save for our last two matches (plus I think he won once or twice in the middle) but he was a solid player none the less and makes me want to practice perfect pivoting for reals.
want to play?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Can say I haven't had the best For Glory matches but it's no surprise. Won almost every match with this user who wasn't very skilled enough. If I knew this was gonna happen, I should've left after 3 rounds...but good games I guess.

And it's weird that I've run into a few Shieks on the 3DS version but not on the Wii U.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Warning Received
Well that was embarrassing; I've got stuff to work on. GG's regardless.
Just keep practicing, and trust me I am not that good. I get slaughtered by half the players here but I am slowly climbing and so can you. Yes GG's

Can say I haven't had the best For Glory matches but it's no surprise. Won almost every match with this user who wasn't very skilled enough. If I knew this was gonna happen, I should've left after 3 rounds...but good games I guess.

And it's weird that I've run into a few Shieks on the 3DS version but not on the Wii U.
I'll play ya. I need practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
I forgot your name, maybe it was Adam or something? We played a bunch of matches, I played Marth/Doc/WFT/Jiggly and then Falco. Your status was "Wombo combo!" and I think you were from Cali.

Good games! Lots of fun, low tier shenanigans are great.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GG to a Donkey Kong/Palutena/Dark Pit player named James on the 3ds. I was the Palutena named Austin.

I wish I could have played more matches, but I had to stop after three. I hope to face you again in the future.

link2702

Smash Champion
Had some crazy matches against a marth named maria from canada earlier.

i doubt they check here but on the chance they do....amazing games, we were both dead even with my link vs your marth.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Shoutouts to Everett, a Link/Falcon I just played on For Glory! I was far too tired to play properly at all, and still got him down to last stock without using any character I'm good with. Afterwards, he put on the "GIT GUD" tag and left. Hope we play again!
If i had a nickel....

anyway ggs to some link named hyper alpha, something alpha...

Most safest and annoying link ever, felt like I was playing brawl, so i went to dark pit and grabbed you all day. I hardly go kirby on fg so pls dont give me the get gud followed by ... like your some badass or something when your ZZZ playstyle caught me off guard and you got 1 game, do you want a medal or something mate?

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs to a blue Falcon/Marth player named "omar:3"

One of the best Falcons I met on FG so far. We went even in our dittos and both taunted in every match to show that we were just having fun. There were so many insane moments.

This vid was when I saved you from a SD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iasX5RJrIP8

Last edited:

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Ggs to a guy named Fabi.
Diddy and GnW players, played DK for the matches cause wynaut

Would love to play more :)

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
GGs to a Kirby with the tag :^) on FG last night, don't remember your mii name. That huge Kirby/Dedede series was a lot of fun and I'll probably make a highlight video of it if I have time (I remember there being a player at Apex with that tag as well, same person?).

I sent you a request, would be happy to play on real stages sometime

Last edited:

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
Gg's to Ret on 3DS. Might not have been Ret I'm going off this low quality picture sorry. I was Mega Man and your Ike and Robin are really good.
I shed a tear when I spiked you at like 19%.
Anyway, gg's and I hope to come across you again

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Is there anyone here with the 3DS username shaq? If so, your fox, marth, greninja, and bowser jr. are pretty good. I was surprised at the marth mirror match, since I rarely encounter users who pick marth after the first match. I hope to run into you again soon.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS]
GG's to an amazing player named Vidiot from New York. You kicked my butt so many times, but it was still so much fun. You were amazing at spacing with your characters, you made very good predictions (that or I am just too predictable), and I absolutely loved how good your edge game was. The one thing I didn't like was when your Fox kept Up B-ing my R.O.B. I felt like a noob, not being able to deal with that simple thing. :urg:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
[Wii U] Good games to Ninou/'.' from France with the Tingle profile picture and the black Sheik. Those were some pretty intense games, and I felt we were pretty evenly matched. I wish I had your input speed :p

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Played some dude named KINGS on Wii U. I got royally wrecked most of the matches, even though I thought I had him dead to rights on a few occasions. If you're on here, it's Sin. Your :4robinf: outclassed my :4megaman:. Well played, sir.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
As much as I go on FG to troll with my characters, I feel like Ive had to have met some people here but guess not. Ill be on as my 1 week old Zelda for Metalbro. :awesome:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
About a day or two ago I played against a player who used Yellow Yoshi a lot. We had about 10 games. My Smash 3ds name is Aaron and I use Link almost all of the time. So if you fought someone with that name who used Link a lot then that was most likely me.

D

Deleted member

I had a meh time in For Glory today. I encountered some good players, some bad ones, and some insanely jerkish ones.

However, the highlight was fighting a person named Mr. Mime and his tag was "u/m2z" or something like that...
Damn, I am really impressed by your skill with Pac-Man! It was a thing of beauty to fight! I haven't seen anyone besides Abadango effectively use Bonus Fruit like you did. The match was pretty close and I had a lot of fun! I wish you could have stayed longer though because I wish I could have fought you more.

I'm Xeno B610 and I played Luigi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
(Wii U) I ran into this player named Blade in For Fun on the Wii U, this is the third time I encountered that link, I'm hoping that he's from here.

Also @Diz /SonicQueen your ike and pit were pretty impressive, I was the white marth, black bowser, default ike and white ness who went by Richard 89, Good Games (GGS).

beethedesigner

Smash Cadet
NNID
beethedesigner
3DS FC
4570-7061-4596
About a day or two ago I played against a player who used Yellow Yoshi a lot. We had about 10 games. My Smash 3ds name is Aaron and I use Link almost all of the time. So if you fought someone with that name who used Link a lot then that was most likely me.
Never came across any other yellow Yoshis before in the wild. Maybe that was me...? >_>

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Excellent games to Daz on the Wii U version. He played an awesome gray Kirby, and the matches we had between the former Brawl top tier kings MK and Olimar were a blast.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS]
I had so much fun with a person named Foderetti in Texas. I had a lot of fun. Your Samus is the only one I fought that didn't do the roll, side B, neutral B crap. And I got destroyed in that Jiggs/Kirby match XD. I am sorry about that rest on your jigglypuff. I just didn't want to get kicked out from us not actually fighting in the end. Hopefully we get to see each other online again. :)

Top Bottom