• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Anyone know who the **** Papy is? He's literally the best player I've ever went against. He played DK, Sonic, Ike, Captain Falcon, and Ganon when I went against him.

Darrman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darrman
3DS FC
4785-6377-6170
If anyone saw a Trey from Michigan, I was the Mario who duelled with you for a good hour, I'd say. Nice Greninja, and the Robin wasn't bad. I was an Irish person.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I can now confirm that I've encountered someone here. @Spirst , his Duck Hunt Dog destroyed my Mega Man but it's not a complete confidence killer considering he was a very good player. I believe he may have mentioned something about knowing about the Mega Man match-up because of @ Locke 06 Locke 06 so there's that. I can't really comment on his Greninja as much because I was playing as Luigi against it but it's easy to assume that he's very skilled with Greninja as well.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I can now confirm that I've encountered someone here. @Spirst , his Duck Hunt Dog destroyed my Mega Man but it's not a complete confidence killer considering he was a very good player. I believe he may have mentioned something about knowing about the Mega Man match-up because of @ Locke 06 Locke 06 so there's that. I can't really comment on his Greninja as much because I was playing as Luigi against it but it's easy to assume that he's very skilled with Greninja as well.
Yeah, Spirst and I play a lot. He knows the matchup pretty well/probably better than any other. He maimed Greninja before the patch and is now trying to get used to 1.0.4 Greninja, but his Duck Hunt is probably his better character currently.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to M from England. I was [SB]Mike. I thought I was pretty good with :4zelda:, but you showed me I still have a lot to learn. Best Zelda I've seen so far. GGs.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Fought someone named VentusNeos, who used the Red/Whte Ness pallete, I was using the Purple Dr. Mario costume it was a very fun match, you pretty much use Ness the same way I use him and you gave me a decent run for my money, loved the beginning with me doing the shoulder taunt and you decided to join in on the taunting war.

So if you see this post VN, I'll be happy to take you on any day of the week (except Sundays, since my local library closes on that day), just send me your FC.

Last edited:

alaniadood2

Smash Rookie
Made an account just so I can post.

Stayed up from 12AM - 6AM Nov 22, playing EPIC Link v Link mirror matches against Gus. Whomever you are, your Link is awesome.

The mind games, THE MIND GAMES.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Sorry. =P

Certainly wasn't intentional. I just sometimes am in moods where I d/c unless I recognize the name. Now that I know who you are, I'll be sure to stick around next time.
It's fine haha, I stopped crying myself to sleep on the second night after you abandoned me.

edit: I think Vermanubis hates Peach mains Meno.

Were you using the red/white Peach palette? because I think I might have seen you on Spectator mode fighting against Charizard (user went by the name of Fim), but wow you flat out destroyed that guy's Charizard single handily.
Yup! I use that one, green, default, and the black/gold.
Did I? Poor Charizard, maybe it's karma. I picked Bulbasaur as my first starter, all of my friends wrecked it with their Charmanders.

Last edited:

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
First time doing this. A shout out to Paul, a white Marth who was -for the first time ever- the same skill as me. It makes a change to encounter someone who doesn't utterly destroy me and I really enjoyed those games, sadly I had to go because I need sleep :( (1:35am here)

By the way my W\L ratio is 12%... Yup, I am pathetic :\

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to Erik from New York. I was [SB]Mike. Finally found a :4darkpit: that didn't spam :GCB: and :GCR::GCB:. Your Dark Pit is pretty good, and you had great sportsmanship as well. GGs.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Ayame, you were amazing. Thank you for putting up with me on For Glory for a good 45 minutes. I wish I could have saved your friend code, because your Shulk, Palutena, and Peach were so good. I was the Villager, Lucina, and Robin that tried to communicate with you through name tags, starting with Zach~, then Thank_You!, then Night!

(Seriously wish there was an exchange friend code option, or at least a played recently)

Edit: There's apparently an inactive user on here under that name,and I might have found her Twitter.

Last edited:

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
I had a few really good matches against a really beast Ike named Deveta. I was the purple Lucario named EterOrigin. The reading and reactions were so intense. Would definitely like to play you again.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Just got done playing someone named Z. We must have played for hours. He was various colors of Mario, and I was Zelda, Sheik, Fox, Lucario, and Palutena.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Me vs Falco. What's natually done in every match? I hold crouch and they fire laser. In this case, he kept firing for what probably would have seemed like the entire match. Of course I'm the one who gets disconnected for idling, after 40 second or something. It's a tactic. Why does Nintendo ruin my experience?

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
This was on the 3DS.

GGs to a player with the tag of "Puppy" from California. We played 10 matches, where I won most of them but they were all pretty close IMO. You used Sheik, ZSS, Seamus (props on that one) and Ness. I used Game & Watch and Villager. My tag was Atoyont. If you see this, I really enjoyed our matches and would love to play again sometime.

Last edited:

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
[3DS] Just played against a Ness/Kirby/Pikachu from New Jersey called Shania' - if you see this, I was the Peach/Puff/R.O.B. that was mostly losing to you. :p Need to mix up my approaches a bit; you caught onto them pretty quickly! ggs

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
[Wii U] So I get two Little Mac's in a row, not a big deal. Then I play two more people. After them, I come back to the same user who played Little Mac before. I leave the lobby. I play 2 more people after that. Okay, that was probably an hour ago. I come back into FG again and I am matched up with the last person I played.

Two times I am matched up with people I just played, with an hour apart for one of them. Is nobody on?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Little Mac scrubs over and over, ****ing lame as hell FG.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Little Mac scrubs over and over, ****ing lame as hell FG.
It certainly doesn't help that the only stages are Final Destination ones. I mean, if there was even Battlefield, scrub Macs could be completely beaten up, and they'd realise just how bad they are at it. On Final Destination they still lose badly, but they don't get obliterated like they do on Battlefield, so it sort of reinforces the whole "I don't suck, I can get better!" mindset of people who think they can play Mac and get easy wins even though they actually do suck really badly.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It certainly doesn't help that the only stages are Final Destination ones. I mean, if there was even Battlefield, scrub Macs could be completely beaten up, and they'd realise just how bad they are at it. On Final Destination they still lose badly, but they don't get obliterated like they do on Battlefield, so it sort of reinforces the whole "I don't suck, I can get better!" mindset of people who think they can play Mac and get easy wins even though they actually do suck really badly.
I still stand by my words that Little Mac is OP. Ground + Final Destination + knockback + invincibility = nonsense.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I still stand by my words that Little Mac is OP. Ground + Final Destination + knockback + invincibility = nonsense.
I think that, compared to other characters, LM doesn't take as much skill to play at low-mid level play, but at high levels of play he takes a lot more skill to play effectively because of his glaring recovery weakness that high level players are going to try to fully take advantage of, and that LM players have to do their best to prevent. I actually think he's fairly balanced, especially when he gets a stage picked against him that's bad for him. Final Destination is just one of his advantageous stages. (Though, it's possible he may be a little bit OP. We can't really be sure of much at this early point in the meta-game)

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Yup! I use that one, green, default, and the black/gold.
Did I? Poor Charizard, maybe it's karma. I picked Bulbasaur as my first starter, all of my friends wrecked it with their Charmanders.
Thought that was you, would love to challenge you someday, but my house dosen't have Wi-fi, downtown where I live has Wi-fi, but since it's winter time I rarely venture out, since I cn't stand the cold (thank god it's like 50-60 degrees right now).

Agerknux

Smash Rookie
Duuuuuude. Agerknux I hope you see this, because those matches were the funnest I've had in quite a while.
Shulkamania's runnin' wild, brother! So good to see another Shulk in FG.
Oh snap :O What was your name? I've only had like 2 Shulk matches online but I remember each one of them a blast. SHULK PLAYERS REPRESENT!

SerbianVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
StevoNaLevo
Can't remember his name, but last night I played with Villager against a dark toon link on the duck hunt stage. If whoever that toon link was is on this forum, then I need to let you know I fully realize you are miles better than me. I can't believe I pulled that upset.

The guy had me on 140% on the last stock, he was at 50%. I managed to hit a luckily timed front smash to snatch the win.

TickledPeachy

Smash Ace
Smash 3DS |

Anyone named Tru Blu around here? If so, you were really fun to play, and your Villager is pretty nice, along with your Metaknight. Lots of fun and funny matches we had in for glory, up until you had to go idle. I was the default/blue/red Peach and blue/red Zelda named ★Hime.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I fought against the most frustrating, spacing good Link ever, named ****star. Safer than an atomic bunker!

I was Nico, Default/black/pink Zelda. I learned a trick or two!

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
So I met someone at Smash Fest back at E3, we kept each other busy talking in line. It was good to past the time. So we got info and added our 3ds numbers, even played some Smash 3ds when it released. I had no idea what his actual NNID was. I just met him on FG for Smash Wii U. Now I added him. Pretty cool.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
I fought a Mario named Steven, I've never been more frustrated at a smash game in my life. What the hell happened to the Mario vs Mega Man match-up? Rush cancelling used to make it an even fight but now it's just disgusting for Mega Man. Not to mention that the removal of vectoring makes Mario's combo game stronger overall.

Seriously, Mario vs Mega Man is a bad MU now. Mario gets all of crazy damage off one throw while Mega Man is still likely to bite the dust after 20 throws. I hope there is another way to deal with Mario because right now, the previous strategies don't make the match-up very winnable.

Also, I ****ing hate Mega Man dittos, partially because I always SD by accident in every single damn Mega Man ditto I've ever been it. I don't know why it happens but it feels like dooky when you lose in a ditto that you were likely to win.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Played some games in For Fun and came across a Ness named YoRobott. You had some sick PKT2 mindgames, they really do shine in FFA.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Just played a awesome Palutena player named Hina. You are easily the best Palutena ive fought online so far, and it would be fun to play again some time as i think we were pretty even and had some great matches!

(I played as Purple Captain Falcon with the name Metalekz)

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Just fought 3 people named Wallie (who used Palutena), TonTon (who used Sheik), and lennas (who also used Sheik), I used brown Dark Pit (against Wallie who gave me a decent run for my money and would have had that match won untill he messed up at the end (SD'ed after trying an Up-smash near the edge of the stage and he couldn't recover in time quick enough), Captain Fabluos 2.0 (I mean Falcon) against TonTon's Sheik (those combos did a number on me), and lennas I kinda felt bad for since his Sheik gave me a decent run against my Pac-man, untill he fell off the stage twice after comboing me into almost oblivion (hope that's spelt right).

Props to all 3.

Last edited:

Cheers

Smash Apprentice
Just played against Yxis (I was the wario player). ggs dude. I was hoping if we can play again sometime and work on the Wario vs Ness match up. Since all I play against is ness players lol

Top Bottom