• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Great games Demoman, a Mario player. You saw through some of my attacks, and I saw through yours too; a very balanced set of battles :D

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Played another DK player named Tom for around an hour tonight. Some crazy nice DK mirrors, I've never seen another person actually try using him more than once before.
Not him, but I know a Tom IRL that mains DK in PM and I know sometimes plays him on 3DS. Did you happen to check to see where he was located? Or remember what color of DK he used? The Tom I know uses red DK, at least in PM, not sure about on the 3DS.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
I played with some guy named Kuzon from Texas. Those were some fun games, man! I'd say we were pretty evenly matched.
I was playing as Wii Fit Trainer and Zero Suit Samus, mostly.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I could be this guy. I know it's been a while, but did this name have stars around Cody to confirm this is me? I've played too many games to tell if I faced you, or not. I usually played 3 games each person, unless you have bad connection, or a situational moment occurs.
No sorry. I dont recall... :'( I believe it was just Cody. hmph

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
Not him, but I know a Tom IRL that mains DK in PM and I know sometimes plays him on 3DS. Did you happen to check to see where he was located? Or remember what color of DK he used? The Tom I know uses red DK, at least in PM, not sure about on the 3DS.
He was a Green DK. You can check where Glory players are located? How does that work?
The person knew what they were doing (using his specials and moves properly, that upB has armor), but I would not think they are a Project M player. My reason being I was actually able to win a lot of the mirror matches, I don't think that would have happened.

Deitylight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deitylight
I played over a dozen great games with a guy named Alex, he switched characters a lot and I stayed Palutena. The wins went back and forth and there was 0 lag but honestly I was so tired I had to go. Great games dude, would love to play again!
Sounds like you fought me, who were the characters and were two of them Marth and Lucina?

BigBowsa

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigBowsa
3DS FC
0044-3467-0578
met a ROB player by the name of "Tim" today. Hey I just wanted to say your ROB is pretty good but I suggest not using side-b as much...

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
gg's To Player Tag: Rob from Utah Usa whos description said "swag" who played as Mario,Fox,Lucario,Link and Toon Link against my Falco (PuppyFace). It kinda turned into a t-bagging competition towards the end but the fights were good none the less.

Last edited:

ColdPhazon

Smash Rookie
NNID
ColdPhazon
3DS FC
0018-0926-0904
Miel, seriously? Stop spamming missiles and having people come to you. It's not fun and it just shows you have to rely on people coming to you instead of you coming to them. The times you did come to me I was beating you...

Fauxhebro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fauxhebro
3DS FC
0318-7230-5120
Played someone named Ben. Had a blast playing hot potato. If you are out there for your info I was M1K3.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
He was a Green DK. You can check where Glory players are located? How does that work?
The person knew what they were doing (using his specials and moves properly, that upB has armor), but I would not think they are a Project M player. My reason being I was actually able to win a lot of the mirror matches, I don't think that would have happened.
Once a match ends, if you press A once you can tap the other player's icon on the results screen to pull up a little window that shows their full name (if it's cut off), location, their message, and an option to report/block them if you wish. I do this whenever I find someone I like playing with and want a better shot at finding them online. And eh, PM is a different game. I know my Dedede's stronger in PM than this one, mostly because I have better tools to work with in PM...

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
That was me, then. Yeah, I sometimes have trouble remembering the stages. :p

It also looked like you tried to fastfall though the FLUDD, but then I f-smashed you.
Yep. That was probably me. I think I still would've lost badly had I switched anyways, that Mario of yours is way more brutal than my friend's. Great job, :p
It's hard for me to fight Mario since I like to stick with slower characters that rely on mind games rather than reactions and well executed combos, because my technical skills are garbage.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Yep. That was probably me. I think I still would've lost badly had I switched anyways, that Mario of yours is way more brutal than my friend's. Great job, :p
It's hard for me to fight Mario since I like to stick with slower characters that rely on mind games rather than reactions and well executed combos, because my technical skills are garbage.
I rely more on mindgames because I don't like the controls on the 3DS. I guess the key is to just try to adapt to the awfulness.

If you want, we can play some more games together. I've seldom fought any Robins.

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I rely more on mindgames because I don't like the controls on the 3DS. I guess the key is to just try to adapt to the awfulness.

If you want, we can play some more games together. I've seldom fought any Robins.
I can definitely agree with that. It's really hard to pull off what you want to do, especially when it comes to tilts vs smash attacks.

Yoo that'd be cool! I'll go ahead and add you.
Sorry if I'm not much of a challenge though, I'm still fairly new to the competitive part of smash bros, ESPECIALLY mind games (I can only do reads if they have really bad habits. Skilled players with more mixups will wreck me), and mario is someone I have a really hard time fighting. On the bright side, I did beat any Robin I came across on For glory (Of the what, 5 I've met? They're rare, but not as rare as say G&W), but I don't think that they knew what they were doing (and neither do I sometimes :p).

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I come so close to not even playing FG anymore so idk who I could mention here.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I can definitely agree with that. It's really hard to pull off what you want to do, especially when it comes to tilts vs smash attacks.

Yoo that'd be cool! I'll go ahead and add you.
Sorry if I'm not much of a challenge though, I'm still fairly new to the competitive part of smash bros, ESPECIALLY mind games (I can only do reads if they have really bad habits. Skilled players with more mixups will wreck me), and mario is someone I have a really hard time fighting. On the bright side, I did beat any Robin I came across on For glory (Of the what, 5 I've met? They're rare, but not as rare as say G&W), but I don't think that they knew what they were doing (and neither do I sometimes :p).
I haven't gone to a tournament, but I do study tournament players and the way they play. I also watch combo videos, so I guess that's some way to improve/learn.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I haven't gone to a tournament, but I do study tournament players and the way they play. I also watch combo videos, so I guess that's some way to improve/learn.
It's really just Mario I have A LOT of trouble with. No matter the skill level of the player, it's so easy to just fall into one of his combos. As for Robin, most of his combos rely on getting the opponent trapped in arc fire, which is harder with mario with his cape and dodge roll antics. That and I suck at predicting.

Should I put up a room or wait till later on?

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
It's really just Mario I have A LOT of trouble with. No matter the skill level of the player, it's so easy to just fall into one of his combos. As for Robin, most of his combos rely on getting the opponent trapped in arc fire, which is harder with mario with his cape and dodge roll antics. That and I suck at predicting.

Should I put up a room or wait till later on?
You can go start up a room.

Rubiks Dan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-5803-5426
Had to make an account to post this.

Hey Cesar, it's Dan. We both used a ton of random characters starting with Mario vs Bowser and I just played you. If by any chance browse this thread I just wanted to say I have a fantastic time, our shenanigans were hilarious. I know I suck and you were toying with me most of the time, but it was a blast. Great playing with you man, I hope I get more people like you. If it weren't for the communication error I would've played more.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
krizeros, with the Robin... I don't know why our matches kept lagging every time you were up over 100% on both stocks.

I also don't know why Nintendo keeps telling me "I've sent enough Reports for today" when I didn't even get to use it.

Shmoe93

Smash Rookie
NNID
shmoe93
3DS FC
3222-6067-0595
DT, if you're here you're a coward... ran into a player named Jackie that was pretty awesome a couple days ago wouldn't mind exchanging FCs with you :)

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Played an awesome Bowser that goes by the name Skynerd. He definitely knew how to use Bowser. I learned a lot from those matches.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Played a really good Pac-Man named Genki from UK, sorry I leave I had to go to work!
I was the red Palutena named Tang'.

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to Fayiee! Awesome characters you've got there, your Kirby was particularly hard to beat. Those Robin dittos were very fun too!
I was the Robin/ZSS/Lucina named Defalt.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
I'm not one to complain about people online But Branden using Shulk.. Why play if all you are gonna do is SD both of your stocks..? I guess i was the stupid one for staying in the lobby hoping you would actually fight. :glare:

Deitylight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Deitylight
Shout out to Alex for the epic mirror match with Marth...and both of our user names were Alex.

Kyntelle

Smash Rookie
Shoutout to Aulinia - you play a really great Fierce Deity Link, and your Pikachu's not half bad either!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Shoutout to "mii" who had a tremendous Dr. Mario, both fun and challenging! Greetings from Wario ;D

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
If anyone comes across a "Majora" who Mains a Fierce Diety Link, a Normal Sonic and who occasionally uses an Iggy and Greninja.. That's me! Ask for the FC!!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
:( KAZU I'm so sorry... I played samus got wrecked by your falco and swicthed to sheik (my main) we went even for quite a few games. I'd like to play again...

Had a fun few matches with someone named Bavic. If you're reading this, don't tell anyone about my accidental SD as ZSS.

I'm warnin' you.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Shout-outs to Silver from Pennsylvania. Had a lot of fun matches with you, but I had to get going for class. We both used a variety of characters, IIRC I used Dedede, Little Mac, Sonic, Greninja, and Jiggs with you. Maybe Yoshi also. Dunno if you're here or not, but I'd be down to play again sometime.

Also, before that I played numerous Falcon dittos with Mandrake from the UK. Those were a lot of fun as well, I was tempted to switch but Falcon dittos are the best.

Finally, Jean from Brazil- you have a pretty mean Sheik. IIRC only my Dedede could keep up with it and even that was an uphill battle for me.

HewhosmasheS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
balmerZZZ91
3DS FC
2036-7682-0346
If anybody's came a player named efe from Philly it's me

Top Bottom