• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

XKan

Smash Apprentice
To a player named Prince who used a standard Charizard against a Lucina for who knows how many games! Thanks for the fun rounds! I had to leave, but would have loved to have kept going. : )

Last edited:

Lamato

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lamato
3DS FC
4983-5234-2632
Ah, so it is you. I searched your name + smashboards and found an inactive account. I figured it could be you based on the uniqueness of the name. Good job reading my profile as that's exactly what I've hoped people would do. Good games, indeed. I had a lot of fun. Sorry I left, had to step out. If you're up for it, let's add each other and play some more when we can.
Shame you had to leave, you were the first decent player I've faced in around 3 days. I'll totally add you.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
To Itachi who was the black/gold Peach last night in For Glory Team Battle: it was so much fun battling with/against another Peach player (I was Fire/NES Peach and we were in quite a few battles together). I know I'm not the best Peach player by far but it was still so much fun and I hope we can battle again sometime!

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
I played a green Ganondorf with the tag Anti (I think) earlier. I used Bowser and I think got two-stocked, then swapped out for D3 and won a match or two before I had to jump out. You had a tendency to spam wizkick a bit too much, but those were some good matches and I can always respect a Ganon main.

PCHU

Smash Lord
No problem, I don't know what is considered spam. I'm only using what I've found to work so far.

YO! I will be moving in the Nashville TN area this January! Springfield TN to be more exact. How is the (Sm4sh) tournament scene in Tennessee so far?
There really doesn't seem to be much of one (at least here in Jackson), but I don't travel or hear of anything, so I don't know.
Gamestop held a release tournament (and is gonna hold another), and there was some Brawl/PM talent there, but not very much at all.

Jacqrabbit

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3368-1793-0037
I've been bodied by only two or three people that I can remember, one of them being Cesar that played a mean Yoshi and the other being Laitome (I think) that mained a yellow Little Mac. I would love you find you two again and set up some matches. I learn best from those that smack me around a bit.

I main a purple:4yoshi: and a white/red :4peach:, with the name "Rame" (which I just changed to "Jacqrabbit" to match my name here) if anyone recognizes me.

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
GGs Spectr6! That Ganon is almost on par with mine :) Still, yours is the best ganon ive seen so far ;p

I was Raven B.

Last edited:

yes

Smash Rookie
NNID
smokio
3DS FC
0989-1886-7815
Don't know if you're here Eric, but after the last two hours of matches with you, I can't help but want your friend code. I know it sounds cheesy, but it really felt like we were brothers in spirit, from the perfect double falcon taunt combo in the first match to the general arsing around that followed for many great and fun matches. It really sucked that we started playing so late in the evening, as I had to be up early the next day, but of course Nintendo gave us no way of communicating in For Glory. Given the circumstances, I made do with what I had; I did my best 'good-bye' wave with Zelda, suicided twice, and disconnected. I don't know where you are or what online venues (if any) you frequent, but I have to say that it was truly a joy playing with you. You really left a strong impression on me, and I'd love to get your friend code so we could keep on battling in the future.

Here's to hoping,
Chris (3DS Name)

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
Don't know if you're here Eric, but after the last two hours of matches with you, I can't help but want your friend code. I know it sounds cheesy, but it really felt like we were brothers in spirit, from the perfect double falcon taunt combo in the first match to the general arsing around that followed for many great and fun matches. It really sucked that we started playing so late in the evening, as I had to be up early the next day, but of course Nintendo gave us no way of communicating in For Glory. Given the circumstances, I made do with what I had; I did my best 'good-bye' wave with Zelda, suicided twice, and disconnected. I don't know where you are or what online venues (if any) you frequent, but I have to say that it was truly a joy playing with you. You really left a strong impression on me, and I'd love to get your friend code so we could keep on battling in the future.

Here's to hoping,
Chris (3DS Name)
That sounds like a love letter, but I hope he finds you someday.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Ginoisme12, I had a rad time fighting your jiggles, it helped me learn more about that MU. Hope to play you again sometime!

Also JJ from Puerto Rico, that ness and Mario wrecked me.

Antny from Florida, even though we only played two matches, you were chill and taunted at the beginning of a round. Sorry I dced, I would've loved to play more.

I also hate how whenever I make a comeback time runs out and then they get the win in sudden death. It makes me mad because the first round they beat me, the second round I get better at reading them then make a comeback but they win due to sudden death, and I don't get a third chance to try to beat them one last time. Even if I win, I make sure to stay a few matches to let them play me so they can get better and so I can better. Now, this is assuming that they leave because they win, but I get that some people need to go eat or go to work or something. I just don't like how people leave when they start to lose. Heck, my w/l is terrible because I repeatedly play people who wreck me so I can learn and try to at least get a stock off of them, which is achievement enough for me. I don't care if I lose every match, I just want to be able to be increasingly more challenging for them each and every rematch.

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Great Games to Kris from Illinois! I was "Hyper" We had epic Ganondorf/Falcon dittos. :)
I would have stayed longer but 3ds battery dying. If you see this shoot me a pm so we can add fcs!

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord

Here's to hoping,
Chris (3DS Name)
Eric here, your Mario is pretty dang good, son. Was hoping I'd catch you soon! At first I thought you left because I got Random'd as Yoshi, but I'm glad you were just waving goodbye.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
To a guy named Dado from France who I just finished playing:

Your Yoshi is godlike. The best one I have faced thus far and all of your kills were hype as ****.
If you see this, add me so we can play more. I played all old man 'dorf against you and was about to pull out my Megaman when you left.

_____

Does anyone know if there is a french equivalent of Smashboards in case he can't read english? If so please link it to me and/or post the following on that site for me.

Cher Dado:

Ton Yoshi est incroyable et chaque fois que tu m'as tuer c'etait de maniere epoustouflante! Je suis le joueur de Ganon contre qui tu as jouer pour une ou deux heurs. Si tu vois ce message donne moi ton code d'ami pour que nous puissions jouer plus.
J'aimerai aussi essayer mon Megaman contre toi.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
I played someone named ben who used sonic ggs if you ever read this fun matches next time lets not sd after every kill and enjoy our matches longer great sonic btw

Lamato

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lamato
3DS FC
4983-5234-2632
I'm pretty sure I played someone by the "Lamato" before. I don't remember anything about the matches, but the name sounds very familiar. My tag is Howler if that sounds familiar.
Your name sounds vaguely familiar, however, I don't really remember any matches that don't involve me being completely bodied, experiencing some glitch, or some combos as I usually save replays of those. If it helps, I may recall you playing as Lucario. I'll keep a lookout for the tag again next time. :x

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Sheik needles all match long. You're not even that good.

PedroSmashFan2014

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1313-2178
Shout outs to a Lucina player called Tim, fun times these team battles are hahahahah! Im the black gold Hat pikachu named Ash

I actually played against someone named razor earlier tonight. I played roy/black hat pikachu :p
Hey, add me dude! Once I played my Pikachu against a Greninja and a Lucina and I won! Good match!!!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Just played against a crazy-good Sonic player in For Glory right now, whose name was X2+. The stage was WarioWare Inc.

Whoever that was, you were amazing! I felt like passing out near the end of the match.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Chris that played Pit was pretty fun to play against.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Played against a good Link player named Karl, was good games but giving me a free win at the end by double stocking yourself was kinda unnecessary though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
My internet was turned off after the supposed rematch but Nicko, you played marvelous Marth right on me! I wanted to get up to learn stuff from you but sadly misfortune had to just fall on us. Couldn't save replays either because mine got too full. (-o^o-);

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
To the player named The Boss your Mega Man is epic! Only faced mediocre MMs up until I got to you. Hope I run into you again.

I was the Sonic player in KNiGHTS colors named SMASHoFATE, because "of" won't fit and you can only see "SMASHoF..." on the bottom of your screen.

Our match was way back on 10/07/2014 so you may have given up on searching for me if you did. I'll try to record the last few good matches we had on my digital camera and upload them to YouTube, maybe someone else will recognize you and point me in your direction.

Also the player known as Speedy who used Little Mac and Captain Falcon, I had a blast with you as well. Our matches happened to be on the same day as The Boss 10/07/2014.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Eric here, your Mario is pretty dang good, son. Was hoping I'd catch you soon! At first I thought you left because I got Random'd as Yoshi, but I'm glad you were just waving goodbye.
Oh my God, you are ACTUALLY on this forum too? This is amazing! xD True bromance.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Anybody here called blackstar? Absolutely bodied my Link. But had a couple of matches with Pit, he used :4ness: I think. I had the tag "Wolfie"

Last edited:

Skylit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skylit
Over 2000 matches and I still haven't met my match here :glare:.
Regardless, quick shout out to Erin. We may have goofed around a bit, but I had some of the most unique, epic matches with you. We had Link vs Ganon, Fox vs Falco, along with many other different combinations of characters...man I wish I could add you! It's getting rare to get matched with a good player during certain times of the day, but it's because of players like you that keeps me playing For Glory.

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
Had some epic matches with Kyle and his red Diddy. It was hard for me at first, but I adapted well and had some pretty good reads. I'm still terrified of that banana, though lol.

Flameduck

Smash Cadet
i'm Flameduck/Flamedu... Had some awesome For Fun matches with you guys, Swaggy G/tiakim12/Thomas/Murasabe-kim. I was mainly Blue Kirby/Ness and Swaggy G/tiakim12 were villagers.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Just played a few matches with someone named Martin, we had some fun matches like GnW vs. Palutena and a Pac-Man ditto.
If you are there, add me so we can play again :upsidedown:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Shout outs to Fernie, who just taught me that you can't counter the K.O. punch.

We had some GGs, but it looks like I need to work on my anti-Lucario camping skills.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I remember seeing somewhere that if you tap someone's icon in the results screen, you'll see their profile, (the topic mentioned this in reference to reporting cheaters, though)... I renamed my Mii as my tag here, do you think putting something related to this forum in the comment might help us find each other better?

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I remember seeing somewhere that if you tap someone's icon in the results screen, you'll see their profile, (the topic mentioned this in reference to reporting cheaters, though)... I renamed my Mii as my tag here, do you think putting something related to this forum in the comment might help us find each other better?
Many people put "[SB]" in their names to help find other Smashboarders. Although, if "Smashboards" fits in the comment, then you could do that as well.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Many people put "[SB]" in their names to help find other Smashboarders. Although, if "Smashboards" fits in the comment, then you could do that as well.
my tag takes up the whole name space, so the [SB] tag wouldn't fit...

"Smashboards" does fit in the comment, though I just put "^Smashboards" for whoever looks.

Top Bottom