• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I had some super fun matches from a player named Ken. :4ness: vs :4ness: had to go though.

Go!

"Okay. Okay."

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I faced a player who's name began with a K and played as Ness in for glory tonight. We had a lot of fun matches and began a few matches by ducking or taunting.

Last edited:

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Duck Hunt named Guy, anyone? I am the guy who went Dedede, Bowser Jr., Palutena, and Bowser. Only left because I had to go. Good games, if you exist here!

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Not really, even though I haven't been playing very much lately, if I want to stay in a game with someone I just go do something in between matches to clear my mind. I don't think it's good to make baseless assumptions.
What?

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
Chris, whoever you are, i loved your Falco, i was the Green Meta Knight that eventually switched to Pac-man. and i believe you also played Bowser Jr. in one match, and Meta Knight in a couple as well. good games!

i also find you using Meta Knight against my own Meta Knight a little disrespectful, but it was enjoyable none the less.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Am I the only one who goes up against the weakest Meta Knight's? When I do go up against them.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Ey yo if there's a Sheik player named Jester around, that was a nice set you wrecked played against my Shulk(Andy) yesterday. Props for resetting the stocks when I SD'd even though you rocked me anyways.

And dude, it was a few days ago, so I have no idea what your name is, but whoever you are; if you who plays the #4 Purple Villager remembers having some dittos with a #1 Villager, know that that was some of the most fun I've ever had in For Glory mode.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
And dude, it was a few days ago, so I have no idea what your name is, but whoever you are; if you who plays the #4 Purple Villager remembers having some dittos with a #1 Villager, know that that was some of the most fun I've ever had in For Glory mode.
If you KOed #4 with a tree while he was climbing the edge then that villager was me. GGs if it was you!

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Warning Received
iSpiN, your Sonic is so trash. Your spam is so garbage. So glad you're a dummy who messed up at died right after it said "1". You thought you had me and I don't let you gimp me. SAVED THE REPLAY LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. SO FUNNY.

I laugh at you.

Spirst

iSpiN, your Sonic is so trash. Your spam is so garbage. So glad you're a dummy who messed up at died right after it said "1". You thought you had me and I don't let you gimp me. SAVED THE REPLAY LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. SO FUNNY.

I laugh at you.
I recognize that name from AllisBrawl way back then.

@ iSpiN iSpiN

Last edited:

rjdgaf

Smash Rookie
Just played over an hour long C. Falcon mirrors with a pink CF named Falcon. If you're on here, add me man! Those matches were dope af.

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've been trying to learn to spike with Dair. Poorly executed and I got what I deserved. Good game regardless.

Smog753

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1676-3692-5783
Warning Received
I'm looking for people to 1v1 with regularly.

Rules:

No items
FD, BF or YS
2 or 3 stocks (I prefer 3)
I don't set a time limit but I will if you want it
No equipment
I don't use custom moves but you can use them if you want

Before you accept, keep in mind that we might be unable to play, because my excessively strict router keeps me from playing about half of all people. The same error repeatedly appears after every attempt to join, regardless of who's hosting. If we manage to connect, the lag is unlikely to be unbearable. This problem is permanent and seemingly depends only on the person's wi-fi equipment, so if we can't connect and you have another access point available, we might be able to connect through the other one. I've tried to fix this many times, in many ways, to no avail. Whatever you may suggest as a fix I've most likely attempted already.

I main CF, and am also comfortable playing Samus and MegaMan. If you'd like practice against any particular character, I can use them for you. I like long sessions, and usually stay as the same character throughout. I prefer to play the same matchup many times, consecutively, before changing it. I'm not forcing this on you, I'm just stating my preferences. If you want to change characters often, or only want to play a few games, that's ok. If you want me to change characters more often, I will. If you beat me consistently, I'll continue trying for as long as you let me. If I beat you consistently, I'll let you keep trying, so feel free to try a new character on me. I seek to increase the amount and quality of matches that I have over the time I spend on this game. Having people I can play with regularly would lead to less time wasted searching on For Glory. We can set up matches via PMs on here. Anyone interested?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm looking for people to 1v1 with regularly.

Rules:

No items
FD, BF or YS
2 or 3 stocks (I prefer 3)
I don't set a time limit but I will if you want it
No equipment
I don't use custom moves but you can use them if you want

Before you accept, keep in mind that we might be unable to play, because my excessively strict router keeps me from playing about half of all people. The same error repeatedly appears after every attempt to join, regardless of who's hosting. If we manage to connect, the lag is unlikely to be unbearable. This problem is permanent and seemingly depends only on the person's wi-fi equipment, so if we can't connect and you have another access point available, we might be able to connect through the other one. I've tried to fix this many times, in many ways, to no avail. Whatever you may suggest as a fix I've most likely attempted already.

I main CF, and am also comfortable playing Samus and MegaMan. If you'd like practice against any particular character, I can use them for you. I like long sessions, and usually stay as the same character throughout. I prefer to play the same matchup many times, consecutively, before changing it. I'm not forcing this on you, I'm just stating my preferences. If you want to change characters often, or only want to play a few games, that's ok. If you want me to change characters more often, I will. If you beat me consistently, I'll continue trying for as long as you let me. If I beat you consistently, I'll let you keep trying, so feel free to try a new character on me. I seek to increase the amount and quality of matches that I have over the time I spend on this game. Having people I can play with regularly would lead to less time wasted searching on For Glory. We can set up matches via PMs on here. Anyone interested?
This is a blind-online player finder thread, not a matchmaking service.

You've already been informed before. Please thoroughly read the first post, and stop derailing the topic.

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
Is the player "Chimera" present here? He played a tough Palutena and made for some tight matches against my PAC-MAN. Would love to get his friend code.

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
No problem, I don't know what is considered spam. I'm only using what I've found to work so far.
Holy crap, it's been a very long time.
Glad to see you back.
YO! I will be moving in the Nashville TN area this January! Springfield TN to be more exact. How is the (Sm4sh) tournament scene in Tennessee so far?

RWB

Smash Ace
Looking for a red R.O.B. named Peng. Had some real tough games against him.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Cheers to Drell, the red Zero Suit Samus player.

I won every match, but I could tell you knew how to use Zero Suit Samus. The whole experience finally allowed me to develop strategies against ZSS. I was initially worried about the MU for Rosalina, now I'm not. I used to think it was strongly in ZSS's favour, now I think it's at least even.

Matsushi

True Blood
Great games to Sewk! You had an awesome bunch of characters, your Greninja and Luigi especially! Your spacing was very smart, along with your pressure game. I had so much fun, so thank you! I was that Robin/ZSS named Defalt. :D

Semopo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0688-6533-6002
Thank you RAUL, you teached me very useful strategies and overall insight for my new main. Had a blast playing against you!

Lamato

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lamato
3DS FC
4983-5234-2632
I dug up my old account to say GGs to @ Spirst Spirst . I knew I'd find you in this thread based on your player signature (which, by the way, is actually a brilliant idea on getting to notice users). Anyways, you really made my Monday night less boring if anything. I love your Greninja.

Also, I guess I'll stop lurking these forums for once...

Last edited:

LordLechuga

Smash Cadet
Is Sven342 here? I am Jordy I loved fighting with you. :)
I had never fought such a good Ness. :B

Last edited:

Spirst

I dug up my old account to say GGs to @ Spirst Spirst . I knew I'd find you in this thread based on your player signature (which, by the way, is actually a brilliant idea on getting to notice users). Anyways, you really made my Monday night less boring if anything. I love your Greninja.

Also, I guess I'll stop lurking these forums for once...
Ah, so it is you. I searched your name + smashboards and found an inactive account. I figured it could be you based on the uniqueness of the name. Good job reading my profile as that's exactly what I've hoped people would do. Good games, indeed. I had a lot of fun. Sorry I left, had to step out. If you're up for it, let's add each other and play some more when we can.

Top Bottom