• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
Did you play doubles in For Glory? There was a guy named Random in my group. I go by Matt.C online
I did play some doubles, yeah. That name sounds sort of familiar, who did you play as? My memory of doubles begins at myself and an Ike cleaning house with the other team, and then a scrubby duck hunt bringing my win rate down.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
If a player by the name of TheLeon is here, those were some radical games. Most fun I've had on For Glory. I was Bradley, the guy who played nothing but Wario. Would love to play again some time.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Just played some matches against a Ganon/Falcon main named Alechocho. You were pretty good with your mains, and I had fun trying to beat you with gold Falcon and lost after obliterating your Ganon with Link. Too bad we disconnected on the 3rd match. Hope to see you again, Alechocho!

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
I just had some really fun matches against a player named Enrique. It seemed that he was beginning to get better and better as we kept playing, which is really good! He even got to a point in which he was going to kill me with Little Mac when I chose Robin (green). That moment had me trembling! In any case, he was a good sport.
It'd be nice to play him again. He was a lot of fun.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
My tag was Robert for a while playing only Donkey Kong, but now I just changed it to C4 and I play donkey kong and falcon too. Maybe sometimes fox. Look out for me!
Funny thing , my tag is C4 in game aswell :) but i use wario/rob/ike

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
"Datgroo..." Your Yoshi was awesome! I liked how you made good use of Egg Toss. Totally forgot his B move can kill over 100%. >_< I was Power9 in case you forgot.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
Shoutouts to Jeremy, who crushed me with a pretty awesome Greninja. Out of about 10 serious matches, I think I got about 2 of them... mostly due to Jeremy's self-kills however.

Up-Smash on Greninja seems damn near unpunishable without a side-step, and even then only jab seemed to work vs it. Great positioning, great job covering multiple options on my ledge-recovery, great zoning with mini-shruken. Also, good job on the Pac-Man recovery punishes. Very few players seem to know the match up as well as you do.

I was "PR", the Pac Man player.

Last edited:

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
I never find anyone looking for me on here :( lol
I know this is near impossible lol. I've played a ton of matches and posted in here several times with no luck. Really sucks to not be able add someone and play them again later. Oh well

JML

Smash Cadet
Just played a bunch of evenly matched rounds with a white marth named Alec. Was a blue ness named JML ☆.☆.

Too bad the lag ruined our rounds. GG man!

Minordeth

Smash Ace
To some guy named Dvel, who had the mean Ike. I was the Ganon/Mac you played against. If you are around, I'd like to play again when I'm not on the downhill road to sleep. You had some pretty excellent play and I'd like to play you when I can not make silly, silly mistakes, like side-B when I want to Up-B.

Rad player.

pachthegiant

Smash Rookie
Does anyone ever actually find another? like has there even been one reported case?
Either way my ign is Pach and I usually use sheik/samus/dedede/falco and I just came out of a few matches against a pwnzor or punzor something along those lines who used lucina quite a few times. that guy was a dbag but I really want to play him again. Oh well

Metaler

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3711-9189-6727
Just played a bunch of evenly matched rounds with a white marth named Alec. Was a blue ness named JML ☆.☆.

Too bad the lag ruined our rounds. GG man!
I think I played someone named alec, too, during an FFA in For Glory. Was he using Mario?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Does anyone ever actually find another? like has there even been one reported case?
Either way my ign is Pach and I usually use sheik/samus/dedede/falco and I just came out of a few matches against a pwnzor or punzor something along those lines who used lucina quite a few times. that guy was a dbag but I really want to play him again. Oh well
Yeah, you can find people who did on pretty much every page of this thread.

That said it is a lot more common for people to not find each other.

pachthegiant

Smash Rookie
Yeah, you can find people who did on pretty much every page of this thread.

That said it is a lot more common for people to not find each other.
yeah after going through the thread I saw that it actually was possible. just goes to show you should read before you post lol

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I had some good matches against a "DrkDeity" the other day. Would like to swap codes if possible. :)

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Played somebody named "lies" just a little while ago. I felt as though we were near equals in skill level, so if you're around, I'd really like to have a few more games sometime :) Sorry I had to leave after only two fights, but I'm afraid personal hygiene comes before Smash :shades:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Totally cool with me dude. What's your tag and what characters did you use during our matches? I honestly didn't think I'd actually meet anyone lol.
I've changed it a few times so I'm not sure which I was, but I'm working on DHD, Bowser and a bit of Pac-Man here and there. :)

Also, apologies to DOnk who I dropped on earlier: I'm S_B and was in the middle of a speaker phone conversation that got a bit too heated so I had to drop, heh...

I hated to do it because that was some crazy good pikachu for the 30 seconds we played.

Last edited:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I've played a ridiculous amount of For Glory and I still don't think I've gone up against someone from here. ._.

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
I've fought against a really good Ike player who goes by the name of Tim in For Glory. When I tried out Ike at first, I thought he was not viable...until now. Goes to show that I shouldn't sleep on certain characters, until I see someone who knows what they're doing with that character. This makes me more excited to find other people who use a variety of characters online. :)

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Spent like 2 hours on For glory smash with a player named Vio, even though it wasn't team smash. We still teamed up as a villager duo and when we were both in sudden death we just played catch with the lloid rocket until 1 of us died. I had so many laughs I hope you're on here Vio buddy!

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to Chip! Your Yoshi was absolutely incredible. You wrapped up some pretty neat combos, and you spaced so well with those eggs. I was that ZSS/Marth named Defalt.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Nah, I'm ToastSB. I used to use Toast. You'd know if it was me, as I pretty much only use Zelda in For Glory. :p
Ahh ok. I played a Toast some time ago, but don't remember who they used. I typically play Ludwig/ROB/Shulk nowadays with the name Mr. Bubble lol

chib-SAMUS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spamus
there was this one player named "Mario". they play hoodle/wireframe Little Mac and did team battles... they were picking one me xD but that person was pretty good :)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Props to "SDoom" from England, one of the better Macs I've played on For Glory so far. In the end, even you fell victim to his atrocious recovery. Sorry about two-stocking you in the last match, but after you failed to acknowledge my "goodbye" taunt - instead deciding to take a free shot - I had no choice.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Props to "SDoom" from England, one of the better Macs I've played on For Glory so far. In the end, even you fell victim to his atrocious recovery. Sorry about two-stocking you in the last match, but after you failed to acknowledge my "goodbye" taunt - instead deciding to take a free shot - I had no choice.
I apologise about that. I've been awake too long and my brain wasn't entirely working. I don't main Mac tbh, and my level of enjoyment and performance with him kinda fluctuates. Shulk will forever be mah boi.

Sir_Waffle33

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirWaffle33
3DS FC
3437-3212-3786
Had some great matches with andrew from Nevada. I got Mad respect for your Zelda and samus.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I've played a ridiculous amount of For Glory and I still don't think I've gone up against someone from here. ._.
You probably have, but they thought the same thing and didn't make a post about it.

Nah, I'm ToastSB. I used to use Toast. You'd know if it was me, as I pretty much only use Zelda in For Glory. :p
Wow, I think I have played you. I've only played against 3 or 4 Zelda's, and I remember the name Toast in For Glory (whether Zelda was played or not, I can't remember).

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I apologise about that. I've been awake too long and my brain wasn't entirely working. I don't main Mac tbh, and my level of enjoyment and performance with him kinda fluctuates. Shulk will forever be mah boi.
Heh, no problem. Didn't expect to actually find you here :p I was the fairly ordinary black Marth, though I think I started with green Robin first and switched after I saw you playing Mac.

Top Bottom