• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Abhi-wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Abhi-wan
3DS FC
2852-7698-3155
OMG Urk if you're here message me! We had some close ZSS/Samus battles. I was in a rush because I was late for my class but I'm definitely down to play more matches with you!

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Um anyone know a player called Revin who had a decent Greninja :o Pretty good at using hydro pump to screw up my recovery . They left after one match though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If anyone here goes by the playertag EPIC on all caps and today played with a Lucina, THANKS A LOT!
Yeah, thanks a lot for dropping my WL ratio a whopping 10% percent, thanks for using only cheap tactics and shieldgrabbing every single one of my approaches, thanks for enraging me to the point of leaving dents on my wall and my knuckles bleeding.

You really made my day. I hope your Circle Pad snaps.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Played 1 game against a really good Shiek named "Neeno"

Completely demolished me at the beginning, but then I somehow lived through all her attacks and won. Was probably a mood killer.

My 6 points for conquest was on the line, glad I pulled through.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
If anyone here goes by the playertag EPIC on all caps and today played with a Lucina, THANKS A LOT!
Yeah, thanks a lot for dropping my WL ratio a whopping 10% percent, thanks for using only cheap tactics and shieldgrabbing every single one of my approaches, thanks for enraging me to the point of leaving dents on my wall and my knuckles bleeding.

It's cheap to shield-grab approaches? Huh, I must be the king of cheap in that regard. Then again, I only do that against players who aren't willing to mix-up. Also, I hate Zelda players. Zelda is such a *****, she hard-counters Mega Man like no tomorrow and I'm sick of it. I won't give up on the Blue Bomber though...his games invented match-ups. You'll find a Toad Man and you'll find a Quick Man as well, but nothing impossible. I will find a way to destroy Zelda.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Played 1 game against a really good Shiek named "Neeno"

Completely demolished me at the beginning, but then I somehow lived through all her attacks and won. Was probably a mood killer.

My 6 points for conquest was on the line, glad I pulled through.
I just contributed 23 points towards the Gunner side and we're still losing. People on the Gunner side need to get a bit better if they want to represent their character, just saying. I bet Brawler is just relying off of pub-stomping Macs to get their points. I have no idea what Swordfighters are doing that are getting them points, I rarely encounter them.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It's cheap to shield-grab approaches? Huh, I must be the king of cheap in that regard. Then again, I only do that against players who aren't willing to mix-up. Also, I hate Zelda players. Zelda is such a *****, she hard-counters Mega Man like no tomorrow and I'm sick of it. I won't give up on the Blue Bomber though...his games invented match-ups. You'll find a Toad Man and you'll find a Quick Man as well, but nothing impossible. I will find a way to destroy Zelda.
No but there's no way to mix them up without him reading them as well, it's impossible to beat people on online. Also, you might defeat Quick Mans and Toad Mans, but you'll eventually find your Air Man.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Does anyone else encounter those Falcon players that think regular taunting isn't enough, and will repeatedly wall-jump back to the edge to showcase their skill? Especially when they do the "Show me your moves!" taunt right before the wall-jumping segment. I just sit there and wait for them to miss the recovery if they're really getting on my nerves.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I played a few good matches against a nice Bowser yesterday. He was annoying the hell out of my Ness...

We switched characters around and he ended up using a Jigglypuff against my Ness for a good few matches. He was very trolly (kept running towards me, then backing up), but fun. Good times.

BTW, I changed my Mii name to my screen name, so if anyone sees a Ness player by the name of "iam8bit", it's me. :awesome:

Last edited:

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Does anyone else encounter those Falcon players that think regular taunting isn't enough, and will repeatedly wall-jump back to the edge to showcase their skill? Especially when they do the "Show me your moves!" taunt right before the wall-jumping segment. I just sit there and wait for them to miss the recovery if they're really getting on my nerves.
As a Falcon main, that is a disgrace. Show Me Your Moves is whats expected, anything else should be punished

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817

Glad I helped.

BGP_

Smash Rookie
NNID
dragracer1106
3DS FC
0259-0771-4167
Played someone named David for idk how many matches, a lot lol. Mostly was using Ganondorf with a mix of others like Dedede and Marth. I'm AJ, played a lot of different characters that time with so many matches xD

MisterVisceral

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistervisceral
3DS FC
3153-4184-3244
Al, you're the first real good Toon Link I've faced so far! Thanks for the fun battles.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Not if you have skill. Sometimes people will just have more skill than you.
And the game shouldn't match you up againist those people.
Glad I helped.
Yeah, you could try a little less "I'm gonna spam the same move over and over and whenever he figures it out I'm suddenly going to change my strategy so he has to constantly guess what to do to overcome the next cheap tactic". You alone destroyed all my interest in getting better at this game, nice going.

Last edited:

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817

Yeah, you could try a little less "I'm gonna spam the same move over and over and whenever he figures it out I'm suddenly going to change my strategy so he has to constantly guess what to do to overcome the next cheap tactic". You alone destroyed all my interest in getting better at this game, nice going.
It worked exactly as I wanted then.

PND

Smash Champion

Yeah, you could try a little less "I'm gonna spam the same move over and over and whenever he figures it out I'm suddenly going to change my strategy so he has to constantly guess what to do to overcome the next cheap tactic".
Wow you're salty.

Is he shielding your approaches? Dash in and grab his shield. Or space your moves better so he can't grab. Or hop far enough to cross him up so he can't grab you behind him. Or empty jump, bait the grab, and punish the grab attempt. You have so many damned options, use them.

And don't get mad at the better player for adapting to your style, and doing what it takes to beat you. That is the entire purpose of the game. You are currently acting like the literal definition of a scrub. Stop it. You're better than that.

If you're on Smashboards, you're clearly looking to improve. Try reading David Sirlin's Playing to Win. There is no such thing as cheap. There are tactics and counter tactics. Don't get mad because YOU failed to adapt quickly enough. Take the Loss, save the replay, and study what you did wrong. Take the loss and OWN the loss. Learn from your failure.

Dr.Turtle

Smash Cadet
Props to Strawbe... (Strawberry?) For destroying me with a purple Yoshi. I'm kind of a scrub anyway, but still got wrecked.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Wow you're salty.

Is he shielding your approaches? Dash in and grab his shield. Or space your moves better so he can't grab. Or hop far enough to cross him up so he can't grab you behind him. Or empty jump, bait the grab, and punish the grab attempt. You have so many damned options, use them.

And don't get mad at the better player for adapting to your style, and doing what it takes to beat you. That is the entire purpose of the game. You are currently acting like the literal definition of a scrub. Stop it. You're better than that.

If you're on Smashboards, you're clearly looking to improve. Try reading David Sirlin's Playing to Win. There is no such thing as cheap. There are tactics and counter tactics. Don't get mad because YOU failed to adapt quickly enough. Take the Loss, save the replay, and study what you did wrong. Take the loss and OWN the loss. Learn from your failure.
Yeah, it sure feels like a lot of fun to take from 15 losses and 1 win. And HA! bait the grab? More like he figures out I'm gonna mix it up and acts accordingly, right now I'm facing againist some punk using the gamertag Jake, I'm Lucina, and I always take the first stock, then he completely downloads me and whoops my ass.

And no, I'm not better than that, my opponents should be better than that.

I read that 'Playing To Win' bull**** that basically excuses all cheap tactics.
It worked exactly as I wanted then.
So you want people who are worse than you to stop playing by demoralizing them? Nice going.

This game's impossible, everyone downloads you and you can't take a stock because then they take two stocks from you, everyone 2-stocks me and I'm never going to get better, this game's impossible, it's completely unfair and I hope all copies of Smash 3DS worldwide explode so that no one can play anymore.

I'm currently at 78 matches with 27 victories and 51 losses, with a 34.61 ratio, and it's only going to get worse and worse. This game sucks and nobody should play it, you have to mix things up too much.

IT ALSO DOESN'T HELP THAT LUCINA'S DAIR IS UNSAFE ON HIT, UNSAFE. ON. HIT.

Last edited:

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Yeah, it sure feels like a lot of fun to take from 15 losses and 1 win. And HA! bait the grab? More like he figures out I'm gonna mix it up and acts accordingly, right now I'm facing againist some punk using the gamertag Jake, I'm Lucina, and I always take the first stock, then he completely downloads me and whoops my ***.

So you want people who are worse than you to stop playing by demoralizing them? Nice going.

This game's impossible, everyone downloads you and you can't take a stock because then they take two stocks from you, everyone 2-stocks me and I'm never going to get better, this game's impossible, it's completely unfair and I hope all copies of Smash 3DS worldwide explode so that no one can play anymore.

I'm currently at 78 matches with 27 victories and 51 losses, with a 34.61 ratio, and it's only going to get worse and worse. This game sucks and nobody should play it, you have to mix things up too much.

You're trolling right......

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Yeah, it sure feels like a lot of fun to take from 15 losses and 1 win. And HA! bait the grab? More like he figures out I'm gonna mix it up and acts accordingly, right now I'm facing againist some punk using the gamertag Jake, I'm Lucina, and I always take the first stock, then he completely downloads me and whoops my ***.

Do you think that maybe you're too predictable? Because that's what it kind of sounds like honestly if you're getting beat like that. And what fun would this game be if every person you're matched up against you can easily beat? Are you trolling or are you like seriously salty right now?

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
Played a Villager by the name of T-Rex. If your here, good games. I've never been so pressured in this game before >.< Your other characters were pretty good to. I was howler and I played Lucario and Greninja.

PND

Smash Champion
Iiiiiiffff you're salty and you know it, clap your hands!

*clap* *clap*

If you're salty and you know it, clap your hands!

*clap* *clap*

If you're salty and you know it, and you really want to show it,
If you're salty and you know it clap your hands!

*clap* *clap*

D-idara, your turn.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
if you're using it on-stage, then of course it's not going to end well, unless you get the spike
the intended use of her d-air is to spike people while off the stage, so they can't recover

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You're trolling right......
Why? I seriously can't beat 9 out of 10 people on Wi-Fi because I either get too nervous or SD, or I get too nervous and get juggled, combo'd and killed quickly and get 2-stocked, this game has to be the most torturous experience I've ever gone through, hours and hours of practice with Samus and Lucina and what do they get me? 51 losses.
Do you think that maybe you're too predictable? Because that's what it kind of sounds like honestly if you're getting beat like that. And what fun would this game be if every person you're matched up against you can easily beat? Are you trolling or are you like seriously salty right now?
It would be tons of fun, I'd get to have a shiny perfect win/loss ratio and get to have fun, being juggled doesn't count as fun, being edgeguarded doesn't count as fun, being outright played with doesn't count as fun, those are all frustrating, especially when you don't know how to counter any of the opponents' moves.
Iiiiiiffff you're salty and you know it, clap your hands!

*clap* *clap*

If you're salty and you know it, clap your hands!

*clap* *clap*

If you're salty and you know it, and you really want to show it,
If you're salty and you know it clap your hands!

*clap* *clap*

D-idara, your turn.
So I'm suffering and you make fun of me to...make it better? Classy.

Last edited:

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Sorry to a Yoshi named Jeff that just played my Falcon. Unreal 2 games, I'm sorry I had to bolt. I'm actually helping cook dinner at the moment haha Really wish to play again!!!

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Why? I seriously can't beat 9 out of 10 people on Wi-Fi because I either get too nervous or SD, or I get too nervous and get juggled, combo'd and killed quickly and get 2-stocked, this game has to be the most torturous experience I've ever gone through, hours and hours of practice with Samus and Lucina and what do they get me? 51 losses.

It would be tons of fun, I'd get to have a shiny perfect win/loss ratio and get to have fun, being juggled doesn't count as fun, being edgeguarded doesn't count as fun, being outright played with doesn't count as fun, those are all frustrating, especially when you don't know how to counter any of the opponents' moves.

So I'm suffering and you make fun of me to...make it better? Classy.
Um...get good? That's like the only other thing I could say to you.

And beating up on people that's bad would only make them feel like you do now...so I don't know what kind of justice you're trying to do. You must be playing too predictable or constantly doing the same thing over and over for you to get your ass kicked like that. And if you're practicing against CPU's, that's another one of your problems as CPU's don't play like humans do.

And if you're not having fun, then someone's taking this game way too serious. You need to step away from it for maybe a day or two or even a few hours. You're not supposed to win all the time. And if you don't know how to counter anything, again, being too predictable and you need to work on that.

In short, get good. Play against people here if you need to to see your mistakes and improve. I'm just gonna stop before this gets way off topic.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Don't take your wifi record too seriously. It's wifi on 3DS controls. C'mon now. Just focus on playing your favorite character an have fun. If you meet an unfavorable opponent simply leave after the first match.

If you're that upset about loosing, take the advice of others and simply get good.

Goobgoyle

Smash Cadet
NNID
RWolffe
3DS FC
3394-3566-2944
I am really wondering if I played any of you. My new name is SBRae. I use :4ganondorf:(Old-man),:4greninja:(Green scarf),:4link:(Fierce Deity),:4shulk:(Red jacket, blue undershirt) and :4lucina:(Gray hair). Oh, and with 'Dorf, I abuse the hell out of FTilt.

BBC7

Smash Ace
D-idara is so salty, that he/she has 1 Sodium atom and 1 Chlorine atom! Hahahahahahahahahah!

Seriously though, don't take the game too seriously and you'll have fun. It is a party game after all

PND

Smash Champion
You are the one getting nervous and SDing. You are the one approaching unsafely and getting juggled. You are the one making bad decisions. Don't get mad at your opponent because You aren't good enough.

Hours of practice? Don't you think that your opponents have had hours of practice too? What makes your practice so much better than the time they invested into the game?

You want to win? Earn it.

You aren't some divine gift to smash-kind. You don't deserve to win because you tried really, really hard and collected gold star and rainbow stickers at the effort-olympics. You win because you take the win. You earn the win. You outwit your opponent and use your moves better than them. You read, you react, you control, you condition. You want to win? Go win. But don't get butthurt when your opponents are better at it than you. Get mad at yourself, not them.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Just refreshing some memory, I'm a Black/Yellow Mega Man named Andi who uses very cheap tactics and is not fun to fight at all. Have fun if you encounter me.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Sad no one has run into me yet :(

My tag is Hyper and I use Grey Kirby and Orange Fox (Featuring other random characters but those are my mains)
I only really do For Glory 1v1s right now but I hope to run into some of you soon!

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
I just contributed 23 points towards the Gunner side and we're still losing. People on the Gunner side need to get a bit better if they want to represent their character, just saying. I bet Brawler is just relying off of pub-stomping Macs to get their points. I have no idea what Swordfighters are doing that are getting them points, I rarely encounter them.
I think the brawlers are going to win either solely because online is full of Little Macs xD

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
thesman, another cheap bad sport that consistently downloads the opponent after the first stock to make their life a living hell, and it's not for fun, it's losing, if I wanted to have fun, I'd go play a good game, not a fighting game. This game's not fun as long as you lose, I don't consider losing learning, the more you lose, the worse you become because you get angrier and angrier.

Top Bottom