• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

SmolNozomi

Smash Cadet
Props the you, DDDDDDD, a fellow Dedede main. I had a blast exchanging hammers and Gordos with each other.

Rran

Smash Apprentice
(3DS)

Played an opponent simply named "D" who mainly used Corrin (and a decent amount of Cloud) and defeated me in every goddamn one of our ~15 matches lol... I stuck around because the player didn't display the typical condescending attributes that some other players (who are clearly superior fighters to myself) seem to relish in. So good on you, D, even if you were a consistent pain in my Palutanus ;P

SmolNozomi

Smash Cadet
To "YOU_SUCK"
I'm terribly sorry for our previous match.
Your Captain Falcon skill play was shown to be much more superior to my overall skill, and props to your techs and pivots.
However I apologize for when you were trying to go for the Knee of Justice disrespect, only for you to botch it and die at 12%, giving me the victory.
I couldn't say anything because you left right after our match.
I hope this reaches out to you, and I hope we can meet again
-Dongs

Rran

Smash Apprentice
What did they do?
Just an endless cavalcade of taunting and teabagging, the likes of which I have never seen before. The player was clearly operating on a much higher skill level than myself, and (s)he made sure to highlight that fact with every chance at their disposal. I came close--once--in our last duel, until the player broke my shield. Watching my opponent's subsequent dance of douchebaggery before sending me off-screen capped things off nicely. Thanks for the warm memories, Dae :smash:

SmolNozomi

Smash Cadet
Just an endless cavalcade of taunting and teabagging, the likes of which I have never seen before. The player was clearly operating on a much higher skill level than myself, and (s)he made sure to highlight that fact with every chance at their disposal. I came close--once--in our last duel, until the player broke my shield. Watching my opponent's subsequent dance of douchebaggery before sending me off-screen capped things off nicely. Thanks for the warm memories, Dae :smash:
Mmmm... I feel you.
I've always hate when those overly stylish plays rub in of how good they are, ESPECIALLY if they get a shield break. Luckily, most of them won't go for the double shield break, so i'm grateful for that.
At least they can mess up, like with my kerfuffle with YOU_SUCK above. They got what they deserve.
Just leave with a GG when your done and find a better and more mannered player.
You just want to go up to that smug son of a female dog and say

Ferbo.

Smash Rookie
NNID
sentridoh
3DS FC
2810-2661-6409
Switch FC
SW-1953-2632-6702
I played a Cloud named Zephyr, not sure if it was the one from Virginia though, I forgot to check the player profile.

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
E ENCOREY ran into you online today. Your Captain Falcon and Sonic were ok. But your Internet connection was on point.

I was the Cloud with °°° for a tag and Mii? For my Miis name.

Hopefully will find you again someday.

Rran

Smash Apprentice
3DS

Had a couple of team battles with and against a Pikachu player named PtatoPl... don't have a whole lot to say really, but I just enjoyed battling with (and against) the player; we seemed evenly matched, and he/ she was a good sport throughout the matches.

So yeah, that's all... amidst what sometimes feels like an ocean of degenerate Smash scum (okay, I'm being a little hyperbolic, but you know what i mean :p), the few good ones certainly stand out, yo

Last edited:

ENCOREY

Smash Cadet
E ENCOREY ran into you online today. Your Captain Falcon and Sonic were ok. But your Internet connection was on point.

I was the Cloud with °°° for a tag and Mii? For my Miis name.

Hopefully will find you again someday.
LMAO!
Just started playing captain falcon for the luls. Sonic is my main speed is my game ;). Yeah I'm trying to improve but I struggle against Cloud. You were really good at spacing me out with aerials.

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
LMAO!
Just started playing captain falcon for the luls. Sonic is my main speed is my game ;). Yeah I'm trying to improve but I struggle against Cloud. You were really good at spacing me out with aerials.
Seeming how we're online to improve, I'll just point out the things that I noticed if you want.

The biggest was that when you started to feel pressure you liked to stay in shield, and you would just keep holding it letting me poke at you until you had to choose an escape option.

Spin dash is really unsafe (at least against Cloud, idk other MU's), and most spin dashes I was able to punish. Sonic's uair doesn't trade very well with Cloud's dair either, so I would let Cloud come down a little lower and maybe fair him instead or mix up fair and uair.

I really enjoyed playing you, those were some good matches. You have a solid understanding of Sonic's fundamentals. And I really enjoyed the buttery-smooth internet connection. Way better than most connections I find online :p

Last edited:

ENCOREY

Smash Cadet
Seeming how we're online to improve, I'll just point out the things that I noticed if you want.

The biggest was that when you started to feel pressure you liked to stay in shield, and you would just keep holding it letting me poke at you until you had to choose an escape option.

Spin dash is really unsafe (at least against Cloud, idk other MU's), and most spin dashes I was able to punish. Sonic's uair doesn't trade very well with Cloud's dair either, so I would let Cloud come down a little lower and maybe fair him instead or mix up fair and uair.

I really enjoyed playing you, those were some good matches. You have a solid understanding of Sonic's fundamentals. And I really enjoyed the buttery-smooth internet connection. Way better than most connections I find online :p
Thanks for the advice, feel free to add me and we can play. I'm open on weekends but only home 7pm central on the weekdays. I have a wired connection with 150/150 so that's probably why my connection is so good :p

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
Sounds good, I usually log in around 7pm central as well, as it coincides with my work schedule. Will add you later tonight!

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Shoutouts to Yanni/Zockus, a Lucario main from Germany, those were some great games! Also LOL to that Sudden Death at the end.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I played someone with the tag “Yui!” on for glory and he played corrin. He 2-stocked me every time. He played a few matches than left.
I guess it was probably Cosmos. You were really lucky, dude!

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
So I was online on the Wii U version and I met up with this player named Luna (nickname is tiddies). If she is here, I wanna thank you for the battles we went through and thought maybe we can go for more fights sometime. :)

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I played a Sheik with the tag of Samuel I think? I thought I was going to lose with how you bashed me like a ragdoll in the beginning, but somehow I pulled together at the last half of the game. That was an intense fight, good game!

It's kind of strange, but that's usually how it happens if I do manage to win. My opponent thoroughly kicks my butt and then somehow the tides change. Maybe they choke and get nervous when I start to make some leeway. Either way good games!!!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Someone else to place on block, everyone. He goes by Al•Star or Alstar. He uses Villager. He'll taunt, even if you're not dead. Very rude.

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
(Wii U) Tag and Mii were both "Boo". We had a lot of games with my ZSS vs your Robin. Your Robin was great and I had a lot of fun! GGs man

link2702

Smash Champion
I just ended up facing the real ZeRo on for glory.

beat his link with my falcon, almost beat his falcon with my ganon, lost to his falcon as my link and as my falcon.....

on the bright side, the fact that I went against zero and did somewhat decent in at least 2 out of the 4 matches, even winning one, is at least more than i can say for others who've ran into him online.....

Oh well, now I've ran into two smash legends in 4 online, Ken and ZeRo. Makes me wonder who I run into next....

Last edited:

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
I just ended up facing the real ZeRo on for glory.

beat his link with my falcon, almost beat his falcon with my ganon, lost to his falcon as my link and as my falcon.....

on the bright side, the fact that I went against zero and did somewhat decent in at least 2 out of the 4 matches, even winning one, is at least more than i can say for others who've ran into him online.....

Oh well, now I've ran into two smash legends in 4 online, Ken and ZeRo. Makes me wonder who I run into next....
God, you must be lucky to face against those guys. :)

link2702

Smash Champion
maybe against Ken, but against zero I wouldn't have really considered it lucky, least good luck anyway. he popped off after he started winning :/ so yeah. Guess that’s to be expected though of the guy ranked as the best player in America right now... Kinda want to face his falcon again with my ganondorf though as that match was pretty damn close and I think I had him nervous a bit there.

Was kinda awesome seeing people's reactions in the chat, calling my ganon a god and seeming to be hyped over the match on the chance that zero very well could have lost to a ganon with his falcon.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
:| why the hell do i keep getting matched against high tournament players lately?! :| first zero now some duck hunt pro named ozone

Seriously I know i for glory isn’t as big as it used to be, but seriously are the only ones playing anymore high level tournament players? And really frustrating ones at that.

Zeros falcon was at least somewhat hype to face, but a dh who is near impossible to get near, and impossible to outcamp with another camper on fd is aggravating.

Guess this is how a lot of the people lower level to me must feel like when they face my link <_<

Chase_

Smash Rookie
ProfessorX , you were a fun opponent. Keep getting those Electro-Shock reads you mad man. I had about 4 bottles of water and had to go for an urgent emergency urination that got way too out of hand and I got kicked for idling. I appreciate your compliments on my Shulk and Peach, party on lad, GGs. - "Please No."

Uffe

Smash Hero
Fought a guy named Houi, I think it was? The name below was DMK. He has a very good Cloud, Link, and DK. Those matches were a good learning experience for me. Thanks for playing me. :)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Also had a bad day then, might as well disregard.

Last edited:

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
Had to deal with a Roy named "eric" who thought he was so good just because he beat me, constantly taunting. If you're reading this, thanks for almost ruining my day. I almost lost my respect for the character. If I sound salty, well, I am. And this goes for a Fox main named "merdax" too. Had the lead by over 100%, then he footstools me, taunts, and saved the replay. The salt will take time to leave at this point.
idk maybe he was saving the replay, but I gotta say if I'm in the result screen for a while, I'm either pouring a beer, having a hoot, or taking a leak.

Iridium

Smash Hero
idk maybe he was saving the replay, but I gotta say if I'm in the result screen for a while, I'm either pouring a beer, having a hoot, or taking a leak.
Yeah, I guess. I just look to get good experience online, but losses get to me easily.

D

Deleted member

Hi! If anyone ever comes across a Zelda/Corrin player named ^SUDO^ Thats me :) Also, i played a chick named skay' and she kicked my a**! We played about eight or nine matches and she beat most of them. So until we meet again, GG's my fellow smasher ;)

DatGanonDoe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3669-2463-7192
To Nick, from Ganon,

We did back-to-back Ganon fights and kept wrecking each other on the edges. You're as crazy as I am XD Please find this

link2702

Smash Champion
i hate it when trolls leave after just 1 or 2 matches, especially when someone isn't even using their main. faced some random mediocre falcon/zss main who left after just 2 matches but not before screaming "u suck" as their tag. :/ those kinds of people are the only ones who i'm glad there is a report function for. just wish their were ways to report them after they leave the lobby as most of the dbags go in for one match, throw out a random insult as their tag, then leave. Another reason why i also like smash3ds a bit more, can't change your nametag.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i hate it when trolls leave after just 1 or 2 matches, especially when someone isn't even using their main. faced some random mediocre falcon/zss main who left after just 2 matches but not before screaming "u suck" as their tag. :/ those kinds of people are the only ones who i'm glad there is a report function for. just wish their were ways to report them after they leave the lobby as most of the dbags go in for one match, throw out a random insult as their tag, then leave. Another reason why i also like smash3ds a bit more, can't change your nametag.
And then they go and use Your Main to try to troll/p*ss you off I know I get it :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Vertex0

Smash Rookie
NNID
abel1003
3DS FC
2105-8847-5683
My name is AwesomeX and I played Red Kirby for most of the matches and played Pink Charizard for one of them. I'm looking for Mateo G. He was really cool and he played Game and Watch and Ness. We was playing against each other on the 3DS. I didn't expect him to be this respectful. Both of us taunted and crouch a bit before the match and when one of us died. Heck, even when I SD'ed by accident on Green Hill Zone, he sacrificed his own stock so we can be even. Not only he's respectful but he's actually a pretty good player. It was a fun and great match I had for a while. Hope you find this and add me so we can play more matches. Thanks for the match and GG.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
NNID Exiled1130, a.k.a. Ruben or Nate is a very unpleasant individual to play against. If anyone encounters someone with this name and the Mii has a black beanie and glasses with a thin mustache and black shirt, avoid this person. He's a garbage human.

Top Bottom