• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
I just played against the most disrespectful player I have ever seen in this game. a player named Luna from maryland. She played shiek, I beat her, then she threwa hissy fit and played my character, just BARELY got a lucky win, and taunted nonstop. This is the type of player that makes we hate this community.

That was the last straw. I used to be entirely against taunting but now I've decided that I am going to do it every game I play because f*ck this game's community. It's obvious no one has any respect for anyone else so why the hell should I?

Last edited:

Kingofsmash9

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kingofsmash9
I just played against the most disrespectful player I have ever seen in this game. a player named Luna from maryland. She played shiek, I beat her, then she threwa hissy fit and played my character, just BARELY got a lucky win, and taunted nonstop. This is the type of player that makes we hate this community.

That was the last straw. I used to be entirely against taunting but now I've decided that I am going to do it every game I play because f*ck this game's community. It's obvious no one has any respect for anyone else so why the hell should I?

Man chill out it don't get that serious they probably was bored and felt like playing. TAUNTING IS APART OF SMASH BROS!!
you probably suck. If you don't like the community don't play smash bros. It's that simple.

Egghead

Smash Apprentice

If she did better with your main that sheik, you might have the same mains. For the taunting part, yeah it's annoying but there will always be those people so you can just leave them. And don't taunt just because someone else taunted. Just because someone else did something bad doesn't mean you should too. Also, these annoying player are not part of the community, they are just random nobodies that troll for fun.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
3ds FG
Notable mentions for me go to Inkblot, ulises9, and Ryan. (the period was there) for today.
Inkblot-played roy, ryu, captain falcon, and robin. Very nice games, I was GiraDio with Ganondorf and Lucina.

ulises9-you are an alright player. However you could be better if you learned some mixup attacks and combos besides the basic ones. down throw to up tilts with mario doesn't make you the best player in the world, and no need to taunt over a kill that was just a simple gimp, considering I killed you with Warlock Punch and Volcano Kick (seriously man, try to roll out, you just repeatedly spotdodged). Just because mario's down smash proved to be safe against me does not mean you should use it at least 5 times a game, that's what his up smash is for. Finally, for the love of God stop spamming Raptor Boost and Falcon kick. The only reason you actually beat me dozens of times was because I have trouble adapting. But you yourself have got a lot of work to do.

This morning
Ryan.-please tell me how the **** it is possible to be that good. I have trouble doing combos, and I see you pulling off nair strings to dair spikes on me with ease. I'm in awe, and i have no idea how my Lucina was able to keep up with your Fox and Ryu.....Good God that was impressive.

Acrete

Smash Cadet
3Ds)

A guy called Bettadenu. The name alone tells you everything you need to know about him. Obnoxious taunter

He used Zard, ganon, Dedede, mac, bowser, Ike, Lucas, fox, meta knight and Roy.

He was pretty good with all of them which was irritating. He kept switching every couple games too. He'd mastered the spiking game.

I think I lost about 10 times in a row, 2stocked and just won one match.

Was tempted to report him after all the taunting and losses but decides not too.

If I see you round again man, my Kirby is gonna crush.

Agitato

Smash Cadet
NNID
AgitatoEX
3DS FC
1822-1384-9573
Props to this guy named OSAN, with the tag KAZEKAME. I was using Ganon, as I usually do on FG, since taking it seriously will give you an aneurysm. After you started with Cloud, and we shared some dank montage moments and friendly taunting. Soon after, you switched to Falcon, leading to the most manly series of 1v1s in recorded history. I don't think I've seen so many knees, pawnches, Ganoncides or spikes in my life. The mindgames were real. The simultaneous amount of respect and disrespect were real. FG provides few happy moments, but these were essentially all of them.

GGs, my friend.

Edit: GGs to Eddie (Y+R) as well. More screwing around with Ganon is always fun.

Last edited:

Rran

Smash Apprentice
^^^ I really enjoyed reading that. For Glory battles sure can seem like you're perpetually wading through a cesspool, but then once in a blue moon you encounter that perfect sparring partner, and those sets of matches alone makes the whole thing worthwhile :D

Agitato

Smash Cadet
NNID
AgitatoEX
3DS FC
1822-1384-9573
Shoutouts to a Marth and Diddy player named iDaire. It seemed like Ganon annoyed you and we only played a few matches, but there were some good moments. GGs.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
I have to give a shoutout to a player on the 3DS with the username of Luis95! Played tons of good matchups against this player! My Ganondorf lost the first match against their Lucas, My Lucina lost in a close match against their Cloud, My Ike won twice against their Marth then lost against their Mario.

But the best match against this player was also one of the best matches I have ever played online. It was my Dr. Mario vs their Mega Man, and both of us pulled every trick that out characters could do in an attempt to win. It is the first time in a long time I have ever played a match that went the full five minutes and had to be decided in sudden death.

I won in the end, but I have not played that insanely good of a match in a long time.

After spending recent weeks playing against players who either stomp me flat or players who are jerks online, its nice to play a series of fun matchups against a good player.

We ended up going 3-3

So, If you read this, thanks alot for the great matches!

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Not related to the point of the thread but my notifications arent coming through. Like at all. I checked my settings and such but no dice. Anyone else experiencing issues here or is it just me?

Nah

Smash Champion
Not related to the point of the thread but my notifications arent coming through. Like at all. I checked my settings and such but no dice. Anyone else experiencing issues here or is it just me?
All of them or just for this thread?

If you don't check a thread when it gives you a notification for it it won't give you another one til you view the thread again. I've had that happen to me before.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
All of them or just for this thread?

If you don't check a thread when it gives you a notification for it it won't give you another one til you view the thread again. I've had that happen to me before.
It was all of them. Actually i always check my alerts when i get them. If i dont that little number in the corner will kill me in my sleep. Jokes aside, my notifications are now working again. I have no idea what problem there was or what fixed it but okay i guess.

Last edited:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I encountered Zawarudo again on FG and we had a really heated marth ditto. he left after one match however so i was left wanting for more.. GG

DamnedRose

Smash Rookie
Hope a smash 3ds player with "DankMemes"(I think, could only see the first bit) as their name can read this. I had a challenging match after a long time on FG, was really fun. I was "penrosecat".
me: ike, ganon
DM: dedede, kirby
GGs! I would have done another match but my 3ds had to charge.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Hope a smash 3ds player with "DankMemes"(I think, could only see the first bit) as their name can read this. I had a challenging match after a long time on FG, was really fun. I was "penrosecat".
me: ike, ganon
DM: dedede, kirby
GGs! I would have done another match but my 3ds had to charge.
Welcome to smashboards.

Lergi

Smash Rookie
Dear Morrison on Wii U, I really don't appreciate being called a spammer when half of the moves you used were PK Fire.

Richard & Blaziken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richard_Blaziken
3DS FC
1547-5283-8177
I just played about 40 FG matches with someone on 3DS that went by shapeng...

I go by Richard on 3DS

Couldn't see your whole username due to 3DS's name count limit, but shapeng if you're out there, I'd love to talk Greninja stuff and just chat in general, you seemed really cool, bud!

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I just got finished playing an assload of games with a guy named Training from mexico Tlaxcala i believe, and his pic was cap falcon with his little text box in his profile saying "ShowMeYourBoobs". He was a good roy and i was the marth player named Game. Thanks for being respecful, i enjoyed playing against you and that last "match" we played where we screwed around footstooling eachother was hilarious. In the beginning of that match I was trying to see if i could make the second hit of dancing blade turn green but it seems it doesnt have a downward tilt variant for the second hit. Which is kind of confusing considering it has an upward tilt version...

GoodMorningEspeon

Smash Rookie
NNID
senespeon9069
3DS FC
4167-4732-5506
Excellent playing by Cøsmic on 3DS FG.
My Marth/Lucina weren't too fantastic, but you have your Fox and Sheik gameplay extremely well mastered. Pretty good ZSS/Luigi too! You seem to have lost connection during a Marth ditto, so I hope I didn't make you rage quit because our matches were really great! If you're around, I'd love to play again sometime.

EDIT: Shoutouts to Philip, the Wii Fit Trainer, for playing for at least an hour and a half. That was the most fun I've had in ages. Thanks for being a good sport with our taunting shenanigans, and if we ever play again, I'm not stopping until I beat your Wii Fit! Zelda, Robin, and I can't even remember all the characters you were switching between were all great too.

Last edited:

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
Been a while since I did this song and dance, but shoutouts to Taiga A. for being the first good FG Zelda I fought in ages.
(Also they basically deleted my Marth from existence with C.Falcon, so props for that lol)

Anywho, If you see this, those were fun matches, and I'd be happy to play you again sometime!

3Stock

Smash Rookie
NNID
SMG_sam
If a player named Mige is on this forum then you played some amazing matches this morning as Ness, i haven't played against a Ness like that in ages, definetely some good practice for the tournament this month that i'm going to

Hitokiri_Ace

Smash Rookie
Man. I got outplayed by Oldmanloud "the beef". Haha. Best capt. Falcon I've ever had the pleasure of being wrecked by.

I dont know how you can be so good online, but that was fun. Thanks for playing. :)

I was the Zelda, if you remember.

Last edited:

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
Idk if I fought anybody on here yet, but the NNID is SinChill, and I am a Falco in training :p

Would love some friend invites to play stages other than Omega against some of you.

Not sure if I have fought any of you yet, but would love too!

Richard & Blaziken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richard_Blaziken
3DS FC
1547-5283-8177
I just played 4 matches with a player that went by Alcide on 3DS FG, who played Lucina, Sonic and Doc. I played Greninja and ROB.

Alicide, you're amazing and I just barely won every match. I'd love to play more some time if you ever read this.

Last edited:

Hitokiri_Ace

Smash Rookie
Just played a number of fun matches with "Nate" who was going by GiN.
Fun Ganondorf doubles. :) Lots of trash, and silly things that happened.

Thanks for being a great sport and sitting around for the lag to quit.

AssaultPowerX

Smash Rookie
New here but my sole reason to post is because im searching for a player named Woriel on FG 3ds. Had a lot of fun matches andntried searching fo him on Miiverse but that didnt work out. I was the Wario that downe tapped on the rythim of the kirby stage music. Had a lot of fun bud and i hope i can get in contact with you (name on smash 3ds is APX)

SuperMario1

Smash Lord
3DS
Just played a guy named jeffy u have a nice rob had some fun matches with u. If ur on here the only thing I say is to watch how u use ur projectiles it got predictable but other than that ggs. I'm Yuri in for glory

Top Bottom