• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

JarJarb

Smash Rookie
To Miki and Lady B on 3DS about 20 minutes ago, I had a blast. It's hilarious that we managed to communicate together when the fourth guy came in (Free for all For Glory) and the ping-pong fights. Funny enough, I am French, Miki from Austria and Lady B from USA :D
Sadly an error popped out during load and killed our friendship, but I'll remember you <3

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
well that's disappointing :/ i'm sure a few of y'all remember a few months back where I mentioned I faced zero in smash4, where I almost beat his falcon with my ganon.....

well apparently he deleted that video, so now I no longer have the proof of that moment :/ there is a big gap in his twitch videos from that timeframe when that video was made and when his other most recent ones were shown.

You'd think I wouldn't be so annoyed by it since I only won once against his link, but that clip of me doing really well against his falcon with my ganon was still a pretty proud moment for me, and yet now it's gone. :/

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Seems I've had an awful time playing the game.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I fought a pretty lame Cloud named Jere, who kept immediately using Limit Blade Beam for no reason almost every time, and taunted for my loss of stocks each time. He even taunted when he thought I would die to Limit Cross Slash at about 87%. Sometimes I wish I could get easy revenge.

However, I had a pleasant time against a Marth named Nova, in which we seemed to go back and forth in wins, with almost every game going to last stock. If you go here, I meant what I typed here.

I also had to deal with ANOTHER campy Samus named Eduardo, who only seemed to want to apply pressure with Charge Shot, and spike me offstage if possible. If you're reading this, thanks for torturing me in a matchup I apparently cannot escape online.
Every clouds runs away to go and charge

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I fought a pretty lame Cloud named Jere, who kept immediately using Limit Blade Beam for no reason almost every time, and taunted for my loss of stocks each time. He even taunted when he thought I would die to Limit Cross Slash at about 87%. Sometimes I wish I could get easy revenge.

However, I had a pleasant time against a Marth named Nova, in which we seemed to go back and forth in wins, with almost every game going to last stock. If you go here, I meant what I typed here.

I also had to deal with ANOTHER campy Samus named Eduardo, who only seemed to want to apply pressure with Charge Shot, and spike me offstage if possible. If you're reading this, thanks for torturing me in a matchup I apparently cannot escape online.
Hm... The salt is real with this one.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hm... The salt is real with this one.
Not salty, just disappointed in myself.

Anyway, I fought some guy named Uzair, who went Pit against my Link. I will say you have. . . an interesting Pit none to say the least. Does anybody here know the guy?

Last edited:

Acrete

Smash Cadet
Some guy called Brutis on 3ds.

Actually a freak with a few low tier guys. His spike game is strong and your ganondorf is really good.

Uffe

Smash Hero
[Wii U] WARNING: I came across someone who is racist towards white people, and sexist to females today named Ferd. His NNID is kilkil24. He uses Zero Suit Samus and Palutena. Don't even bother playing against him. I wish people like him were completely banned from online.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
played against one of the most despicable players I have ever encounter. Some loser named Blake who would taunt constantly in every game. It's players like this that really need to be banned.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
and just played against another waste of life that did the same thing. This games community is such a joke.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Just fought a decent Link named Blade, in a ditto. If you see this, GGs! Probably the most fun I've ever had playing another Link in general, and I'm not kidding.

Miltoxic

Smash Rookie
I played with my first Bowser today on Wii U in FG. I don't remember the username, but he was really good. I was Anon, the Mario/Luigi user, and wanted to tell him ggs. I need more practice in that MU and was shocked he played with me as long as he did.

Edit: The username was Miltoxic.
It was me :)

Uffe

Smash Hero
[Wii U] I played someone by the name CDK who used Bayo, Sheik, Falcon, Fox, Mario, and even Ness, for whatever reason. I think I may have come across CharlieDaKing. I was getting bodied most of the time. :( I really need to get better at this game. GGs, CDK. I wish I could ask if that was him through Twitter, but Twitter is being stupid and suspended my account for no actual reason.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I laugh every time I run into a salty person on FG that resorts to calling me the n word because my Mii is dark skinned. It's been happening more often recently since Smash Ultimates trailer was revealed. :urg:

I'm not even black im brown. smh

D

Deleted member

I laugh every time I run into a salty person on FG that resorts to calling me the n word because my Mii is dark skinned. It's been happening more often recently since Smash Ultimates trailer was revealed. :urg:

I'm not even black im brown. smh
Right? But imagine being called a n***** and insulting your main character. Its really rude and i get it all the time :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
[Wii U] I played someone by the name CDK who used Bayo, Sheik, Falcon, Fox, Mario, and even Ness, for whatever reason. I think I may have come across CharlieDaKing. I was getting bodied most of the time. :( I really need to get better at this game. GGs, CDK. I wish I could ask if that was him through Twitter, but Twitter is being stupid and suspended my account for no actual reason.
Bayo, Fox and Sheik really make me think you found the real CDK. What alts did he use, especially for Fox?

Anyway, I fought a good Sonic named Monaka, and it was pretty good until the connection suddenly died. GGs, though.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Bayo, Fox and Sheik really make me think you found the real CDK. What alts did he use, especially for Fox?

Anyway, I fought a good Sonic named Monaka, and it was pretty good until the connection suddenly died. GGs, though.
It was CDK. I found him on Twitter and asked him a month ago. He said, and I quote, "Yo you were actually mad fun to play man ggs". I've been following him ever since. I don't remember the other alts he used, but his Fox was the Wolf color palette. I've got some replays, but I can't upload them because I don't have the equipment to do so.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I take it S2 Synergy is the one who attended GoTE. I won the first match against his Corrin. He won the second. It was very close, but during that match he decided to taunt before leaving, rather than sticking around. I find this to be cowardly, since I hadn't been bodied. Why he didn't stick around for a third match, I don't know. Well, I suppose I can enjoy the fact I've never been to a tournament before, yet I can keep up with a tourney-goer. You might want to step up your game, Synergy.

Tbro

Smash Cadet
Yep, and I don't regret it. I already said earlier that I'm getting over it, so please don't start this again.

Anyway, I fought some guy named Uzair, who went Pit against my Link. I will say you have. . . an interesting Pit none to say the least. Does anybody here know the guy?
I saw that guy on a thread here the other day! Don't remember where though, sorry. It might have been YouTube also, I have a bad memory lol

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Fought a Mario named Pulu, and I'm not sure I enjoyed the games too much.

Last edited:

Datonyavid

Smash Rookie
Shout out to scribblez for about 2 hours of great games on 1 on 1. Haven’t played in months and thought I’d give it a go tonight - he stayed with me while my fingers remembered what to do and then we were splitting them at the end. Great sport, good fighter (falcon), better than me but still good competition. Most fun I can remember having in online smash. Thanks!

Iridium

Smash Hero
Fought a pretty good player named Ace. Used many characters, but my Internet has been inconsistent for a while, so it ended abruptly. Either way, GGs.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I fought some Roy main named sleep83. He started talking trash when I was beating him. He said I had no pride, that I run away, that I'm trash, and some other stuff. I just wanted to shout out to sleep83, reminding him that he lost to me, a trash player. Sword characters are Ness' bad MU's. How does it feel to lose against someone who has a hard time against sword characters? I even brought out Samus, a character I don't use, and I kept up with his Roy. I got the last laugh. :laugh: Keep that L, and be sure to hold it with pride. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Fought a Luigi named Insanity. Not a bad player, but what was with the amount of taunts, man? Immediately left after my SD during the 3rd game. I thought we were friends...

Uffe

Smash Hero
Fought a Luigi named Insanity. Not a bad player, but what was with the amount of taunts, man? Immediately left after my SD during the 3rd game. I thought we were friends...
So many assholes on For Glory today. I'm not sure if I'm in FG hell or not. Some Mario used F.L.U.D.D. on my PK Thunder 2 recovery and immediately taunted. But I made it back to the ledge, took him out, and taunted back. Then I left.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So many ******** on For Glory today. I'm not sure if I'm in FG hell or not. Some Mario used F.L.U.D.D. on my PK Thunder 2 recovery and immediately taunted. But I made it back to the ledge, took him out, and taunted back. Then I left.
I mean, I had fun with the Luigi (played Fox instead of Link), but the end...was a bit unsatisfactory. Got over it, and I feel better (sorta).

But yeah, I have been finding a lot of jerks online too, so I get that.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
If you guys cant handle a little taunting in a mode called "For Glory" you are better off playing Animal Crossing. Like for real dont let something so silly get to you.

I only taunt when I give out homie stocks.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
If you guys cant handle a little taunting in a mode called "For Glory" you are better off playing Animal Crossing. Like for real dont let something so silly get to you.

Disregard.

Edit: If I sound aggressive, well, it's for more reasons that this. I've hated most of today so far.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yea taunting can be used out of proportion especially when you get launched and they have a chance to taunt. Its kinda disrespectful. I usually dont let it get to me unless its a persistent thing. In which ill just leave because they are just trying to get to my head.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Eh, I wasn't upset too much by the taunting, but I guess the spamming of the same planking Luigi over and over was going to at least get stuck in my head. Otherwise, I didn't care that much.

Richard & Blaziken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richard_Blaziken
3DS FC
1547-5283-8177
Chaz the 3DS FG Donkey Kong, I played Greninja mostly. Still playing at the time of typing this, but I'd love to play more, you're really good!

My 3DS name was Richard, if that wasn't obvious, heh.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero

Nah. People need to stop taunting. They come off as douchebags. I've had three people taunt at me today before leaving, likely due to how I was playing or because they fought me before. This behavior, especially with insulting tags, needs to be addressed. No one liked it when Mistake kept taunting against komorikiri. If anything, these people who are rude need to get off For Glory. There's a difference between good fun and being a jerk.

Uffe

Smash Hero

Taunting is one thing. Tea bagging and calling someone trash, garbage, or some really offensive word is never acceptable, especially if you did nothing to deserve it.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Just seemed like salt over taunting, and I wasnt talking to anyone specific.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Sometimes I run into these weird players who during matches dont taunt or do anything disrespectful (teabagging, running away to stall) but at the waiting screen they would throw the most heinous insults at me whether they'd win or lose. Part of me thinks it them trying to get me to get me angry to try harder to beat them.

I still get these racist tags telling me to go pick cotton. Like bruh, cmon now. I dont react to them ofc, I just keep playing until they leave or I get bored.

D

Deleted member

Played a fellow Zelda main today that went by the name Helga. Dont see very many Zelda's on a FG, so it was nice to have challenge! :)

Top Bottom