• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

D

Deleted member

I went on For Glory yesterday on the Wii U and I found some good opponents.

One stood out to me, but I can't remember his name. His name was pretty confusing to pronounce and hard to remember, but I remember how he played.
He was an Ike player and he was by far the best Ike I've seen on For Glory. He abused Ike's super armor during Aether when I was comboing him, used Quick Draw's little endlag when he recover to then do an up smash, properly spaced his aerials, and did an insane combo at the beginning of our 2nd match that had me end up at 40% early.

I apologize that I forgot who you were, but damn you're very good. If you remember me, I am Xeno610 with the "Xeno" tag and I played as Luigi in our first match (we fought on Midgar) and Cloud in our second match (we fought on Garden of Hope).
Whoever you are, I hope we meet again someday.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
3DS Guy named Cifix. We had a bunch of matches. I was Game that used kirby. and then a bit of marth.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
[Wii U] Shoutouts to Memo. I was BlazedMike. Duck Hunt is almost nonexistent in FG, and even more rare is one that doesn't hide behind his projectiles. I had fun with our dittos. GGs.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
3DS Shout out to a guy With the name (however incomplete) PK Bear ... Fighting your ZSS was great. It was a very close match the whole game and i genuinely enjoyed playing on FG for the first time in a while. I was Game that played as marth. Seriously. Best match i've had in a while. Hope you're on here so hit me up!

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
Played some idiot in team battle a few times named 'Tredga' or something along those lines who played dedede and taunted constantly. I'm never surprised by how awful this community is.

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
Sooo ... I've just played against PheonixMaster1, a famous Sm4shTuber, and it was fun to play against him.
He went with Captain Falcon, Samus, Ganon and Corrin. I used Wario and Luigi.
It was just pity that we had a little lag input at some matches, but as we are quite far each other it was normal.

If you are reading this PM1, I hope to see you again. :)

Algodonzo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Algodonzo
Shoutouts to anyone and everyone who dittoes other less-skilled players just to "prove something". I hope making a video game a bit less enjoyable for others fills the void in your life.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Asuna on 3ds, thank you for the amazing Lucina vs Marth we just had, I apologize for only doing one game, heading in for the night.
I was GiraDio the lucina. Beautiful match.

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
Forget for glory hell, I entered for glory heaven today!
Wii U
Shoutouts to my fellow Wii Fit main! His tag was TallMario. After two matches of figuring out each other's mains, the ditto matches started. We did almost the exact same things in the first match. Those were the best games I've ever played in for glory and some of the best sportsmanship too. Thank you for those extremely entertaining matches!

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
I had a match on WiiU with someone named Kayla earlier today, they had a good Palutena and a really solid Wii Fit Trainer.
If you're on here, those were some great games! Sorry I dropped out a little early though, life interruptions and whatnot. :4dedede:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I had a bunch of matches with Feonix48 on Wii U
I played Doc, Mario, and Palutena
I don't find respectful opponents very often so I wanted to shout them out.

Nah

Smash Champion
I fought for a awhile a good :4charizard: player named Gilgamesh this evening

The name sounds familiar for some reason (no I don't think it's because of the ancient Epic of Gilgamesh)?

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
In what wacky world do I have a pleasant day on For Glory? There were so many good and/or respectful players on, I'm not sure if I was dreaming or not, heheh.
But who was so noteworthy?!

First off, two players, Ryusuta and Mel. They gave me wonderful games and helped me hone my DDD techniqe. Mel particularly had me outclassed, taking the majority of the games we played with a powerful Bayo and Marcina (also a pretty solid Robin, which is nice to see). Ryusuta was more around my skill level, but still forced me to give it my all. I sadly can't remember the characters they played, or if they only played Lucina. (which was very solid btw)

Then there was Thomas. He wasn't great, but he was brimming with potential. His Mario was specifically good, giving me the most trouble and even taking the first match. He didn't let the losses really get to him either, as he was still as good of a sport as the other two.

All in all, 'twas a great day to smash!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
In what wacky world do I have a pleasant day on For Glory? There were so many good and/or respectful players on, I'm not sure if I was dreaming or not, heheh.
But who was so noteworthy?!

First off, two players, Ryusuta and Mel. They gave me wonderful games and helped me hone my DDD techniqe. Mel particularly had me outclassed, taking the majority of the games we played with a powerful Bayo and Marcina (also a pretty solid Robin, which is nice to see). Ryusuta was more around my skill level, but still forced me to give it my all. I sadly can't remember the characters they played, or if they only played Lucina. (which was very solid btw)

Then there was Thomas. He wasn't great, but he was brimming with potential. His Mario was specifically good, giving me the most trouble and even taking the first match. He didn't let the losses really get to him either, as he was still as good of a sport as the other two.

All in all, 'twas a great day to smash!
You ran into Ryusuta Ryusuta

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Shoutouts to anyone and everyone who dittoes other less-skilled players just to "prove something". I hope making a video game a bit less enjoyable for others fills the void in your life.
Tell me about it. I played someone named Phora last night who was actually pretty good. Our Peach and Bayonetta faced off and we had some good matches, but she taunted twice with every kill. I didn't taunt make to keep the peace, but after the match, I came in as Palutena and she came in as Bayonetta (as if she was trying to prove she could one-up my Bayo). Obviously, I lost, as Palu had virtually no chance there. She taunted twice with every kill and tried footstooling me for no reason. Then I switched back to Bayonetta, and... oh look, she came out as Palutena! Thankfully I two-stocked her and got in a single taunt, then left. But really, why do people do this?

So yeah, uh, Phora, if you see this, you're really good... but your match behavior was pretty unnecessary.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
[Wii U]
Played against this person who went by KING the other day. Good games, man. I had fun with all the crazy matches we had. And I appreciate the friend request you send me after. Hope to play with you again sometime.

Meeting nice, respectful people is the only good thing I find about For Glory.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
3ds
Guy named Synri. We had some good games. I was the marth player named Game. That sudden death was cool. Your Zard was really good. I'd love to play you again.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
@*Boi* Hope you enjoyed getting Taunt to get Bodied. After double taunting me while I was play as Mario while you were playing as Roy I won with a clutch, and the next match I whopped your *** until you rage quitted after I took your first stock. May others have fun whopping you...

Last edited:

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
This is not a good shoutout, but I want to bring it up. To a player named Dingy on the 3DS version, I have not intrest in playing you ever again. Not because I lost or was dominated, I can live with that.

But taunting me numerous times after each KO is just a jerk move.

You know what I will improve so I can return the favor. If you're not afraid to back up your ego, hit me up on PM. I would love to play you again, and return the favor. I can beat your Ike and Mega Man.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Shoutout to @LightNin or Nin a condensing ***hole who enjoys making the game less enjoyable for less experienced players by rubbing it in their faces that they lost. Watch out for him.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Shoutout to @LightNin or Nin a condensing ***hole who enjoys making the game less enjoyable for less experienced players by rubbing it in their faces that they lost. Watch out for him.
You must have been really peeved to overlook the misspelling of condescending. What did he do exactly tho?

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
You must have been really peeved to overlook the misspelling of condescending. What did he do exactly tho?
Oh man, screwed over Auto-Correct again, LOL.
Anyway, the dude has a really good Marth, and he was beating most of the matches via 2-Stocks. After several games he starts Taunting, and Tea-Bagging. So I switch to Link and play him for a couple of more games, then he switches to Link as well to be a ****. Then in the tags, he calls me boring and all that other stuff and tells me to leave. If he wanted to quit so badly he would've left as we played even more rounds. The next 3 games I switched to Sonic, Ryu, and Pit. I won all 3 games and he started throwing out Johns like nobodies business. At that point I left.
Later I was scrolling around the Miiverse Replay community to look at some things and I found a replay of me vs his Marth. He basically says that "I" left after an insult, and finds it funny, making Online less enjoyable just to satisfy his ego.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Anyway, the dude has a really good Marth, and he was beating most of the matches via 2-Stocks. After several games he starts Taunting, and Tea-Bagging. So I switch to Link and play him for a couple of more games, then he switches to Link as well to be a ****. Then in the tags, he calls me boring and all that other stuff and tells me to leave. If he wanted to quit so badly he would've left as we played even more rounds. The next 3 games I switched to Sonic, Ryu, and Pit. I won all 3 games and he started throwing out Johns like nobodies business. At that point I left.
Later I was scrolling around the Miiverse Replay community to look at some things and I found a replay of me vs his Marth. He basically says that "I" left after an insult, and finds it funny, making Online less enjoyable just to satisfy his ego.
It seems like telling people to leave after you beat them really badly is the new "cool" thing to do on For Glory. I've had it happen to me a few times, not that I have a problem with it, I usually leave whenever someone is being obnoxious anyway. However, I can see how it could make someone upset and want to stay in the room to prove them wrong.

Last edited:

Algodonzo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Algodonzo
Dear "dude" aka "g":

If you're reading this, I'm sorry if I offended you. I just got excited at the start if our last match and that's why I taunted. We had very good matches.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
oh. sounds like a match i had recently except the taunting and the tags. I like to think my marth is really good, and sometimes i get a bit excited when i wreck someone. mainly if i tip F-smash and kill or f-tilt and kill, i up taunt. other than that i like to be as respectful as possible. unless of course they play some B*llsh*t character i dont like. like greninja or toon link. or wario. ugh i hate wario. but the guy i played was like really bad. either that or he was sandbagging.

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
oh. sounds like a match i had recently except the taunting and the tags. I like to think my marth is really good, and sometimes i get a bit excited when i wreck someone. mainly if i tip F-smash and kill or f-tilt and kill, i up taunt. other than that i like to be as respectful as possible. unless of course they play some B*llsh*t character i dont like. like greninja or toon link. or wario. ugh i hate wario. but the guy i played was like really bad. either that or he was sandbagging.
You and I aren't going to be friends. >:(
Just joking. XD (Between, why don't you like Wario ? Is it the playstyle the players that annoys you ?)

I think the worst persons are the ones who play some matches with you, you win all of them, and when they beat you at one match, they trash-talk and/or left.
This thing happened a lot of time to me, I remember this man child saying "Knocked Out !" (Not just "K-O", because writing entirely and pre-taging it is apparently important), "U suck" and calling me to suck his d*** after an SD.

Also, this child from USA that had almost the same Mii than me except for fav and hair color.
He was taunting after every kill and was like : "I'm gonna to roll away from you for no reason" and I'm gonna to go at the ledge to be sure that my taunt will plays entirely without any punishment, too pity, I'm using Mario's Up Taunt."
After he SD twice, he called me "Noob-Spam" (One can't be separated from the other).
And after he won that match with his Cloud using his Up Special to metor smash me at the ledge, without the possibility for me to use the Ultra charged Waft to recover, he left.

Don't forget that the winner is the one who don't use his tags to trash talk and win the majority of the battles.

Losing hope for humanity sometimes.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
You and I aren't going to be friends. >:(
Just joking. XD (Between, why don't you like Wario ? Is it the playstyle the players that annoys you ?)

I think the worst persons are the ones who play some matches with you, you win all of them, and when they beat you at one match, they trash-talk and/or left.
Losing hope for humanity sometimes.
Yeah mostly its the playstyle. They use the bike too much and approaching with D-air is frustrating. So really its the fact that wario playstyle revolves around the bike. I mean what is that ****. No other character has a rideable mount. like wtf?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Ah, so at least one of the people I played actually exist on this site. Cool!
Sorry, it's been awhile since I've checked in on the sight! Good to see ya! Please feel free to hit me up either here or on Skype, Steam, or (preferably) Discord!

Lucina is my main, but I also use a bunch of other characters, like Charizard, Mewtwo, Bowser, Jigglypuff, Doc, Game & Watch... Basically whoever happens to strike my fancy. But Lucina is my go-to. =)

Super hyped people still remember me here. Cheers, bro. =)

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
Sorry, it's been awhile since I've checked in on the sight! Good to see ya! Please feel free to hit me up either here or on Skype, Steam, or (preferably) Discord!

Lucina is my main, but I also use a bunch of other characters, like Charizard, Mewtwo, Bowser, Jigglypuff, Doc, Game & Watch... Basically whoever happens to strike my fancy. But Lucina is my go-to.
Wait, there are people who don't patrol this site all day? Joking aside, thanks for the reply! I'd be down to play you again, so if time allows it, I might shoot you a message sometime later this week.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Wait, there are people who don't patrol this site all day? Joking aside, thanks for the reply! I'd be down to play you again, so if time allows it, I might shoot you a message sometime later this week.
Sounds good. DeDeDe is one of the matches I have a ton of trouble with (mostly due to its rarity), so the extra experience is always useful! My Discord is Ryusuta#3652 and I'm Ryusuta pretty much everywhere else. I remember you being super respectful and cool as well, so I look forward to playing again sometime. Until then, peace!

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
Met a Zelda on 3DS FG. I want to respect your Zelda play, but actually I am disappointed you would crouch spam me so much. I know I'm bad, and I know I'm panicky and stupid - instead of rubbing it in and making me sad, please be more supportive next time.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Met a Zelda on 3DS FG. I want to respect your Zelda play, but actually I am disappointed you would crouch spam me so much. I know I'm bad, and I know I'm panicky and stupid - instead of rubbing it in and making me sad, please be more supportive next time.
Yeah, that sort of thing really is kind of depressing. I feel like the game is more fun when people are supportive of one another. I never understood the idea of belittling people that aren't as good as you at ANYTHING. Not to say they shouldn't be allowed to do it; just that I don't understand how that can feel enjoyable to someone.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Yeah, that sort of thing really is kind of depressing. I feel like the game is more fun when people are supportive of one another. I never understood the idea of belittling people that aren't as good as you at ANYTHING. Not to say they shouldn't be allowed to do it; just that I don't understand how that can feel enjoyable to someone.
It's enjoyable when they do it first and then you body them. And queue the taunting.

Last edited:

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
It's enjoyable when they do it first and then you body them. And queue the taunting.
Unless you are me - aka a bad player who can't beat those kinds of player.

Anyway I met a 3ds player "Adjusting to 3ds" who was a bit cocksure but at least they never taunted. Sorry I had to quit, visitors arrived.

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Unless you are me - aka a bad player who can't beat those kinds of player.

Anyway I met a 3ds player "Adjusting to 3ds" who was a bit cocksure but at least they never taunted. Sorry I had to quit, visitors arrived.
If you'd like to have someone to practice with sometime, hit me up. I'm available on Skype, Steam, and Discord.

Kaytu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2079-8987-9930
Had several matches with a great opponent named Kyle yesterday on the 3DS. I think we played for an hour and a half. Most fun I've had on FG! Can't believe I took the bait on that last match. :p Thanks for the GGs!

Uffe

Smash Hero
[Wii U]

I fought Razo, a Peach main from SoCal on For Glory tonight. I was using the blue Ness. Despite me having lost as many times as I did against you, I was having fun and you gave me the challenge I was looking for. I'm sorry I couldn't keep up with you and win more. I just hope you see this post. Thanks for the matches. :)

Top Bottom