• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who still plays...

The Phenom

Smash Lord
If any, who is still playing mr.game&watch in ssbm and maining him 100%. NOT BRAWL please and thank you.

Please don't come here and come with your instantanious balderdashing of saying mr.game and watch is awesome! he gets the ladies...ext. This is our board page to whom are still devoted to of character within this sequel. and a board page has a specific topic that it describes for in purpose.

-I am really intrigued into seeing who still actually plays ssbm for Mr.Game&Watch, its really important to me to know.

PS:I don't routine here in smashboards often but as a member of this website I will contribute to my part as no other soon.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I don't main Game and Watch, but I play him a lot for fun. He's got good aerials and a good down tilt for edgeguarding, a reasonable recovery and a good wavedash, what's not to love?

Other than the shield.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Love him, it is really fun when you get to the point with your G&W that you can **** your best freind's sheik with the key blade + Parachute.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Yep, I used him 100% of the time in Melee. Only picked other characters for non-serious stuff.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I still play him, but then i get ***** by the gayest **** that i can't avoid and i play marth for a while to make myself feel better. Then i 9 hammer people.

But no GnW is fuggin awesome. Uair combos into box is too good.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
^So true^

-I switch of to, to feel better of course and do a nine. We might have similar play styles Nakamaru! When I get the chance which will be 2009! Nine is my lucky number since childhood and I'm class of 2009, I will try to put some vids. up or a very good combo vid!

-Do you have any vids?

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Thank you so much! Same here, old vids if you were to check me on youtube.

-going to watch some right now just for fun!

-if Fox is your second main I'm going to laugh assuming you say he is.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
i actually have my melee here... its the only game i have... just no TV in this room

i dono i guess ill play a little and maybe throw a vid out i cant guarentee anything though its been a while since i had melee GW down good, it was like almost to good :/

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I'M LOL! since SSB.

-For some reason, I think G&W+Fox go together. Something to do with the reincardination of time thought to that makes a better chance for you to predict the nine! try to teach your mind in a indirect/unorthodox way. The only thing I know is that both side b's aren't used that much as you can imagine, only in situations when given the chance.

-thats why I was laughing. You must be then like me by chance. You must thus be able to predict the nine, and that of the easier;bacons trajectory.

-other secondaries are of course possible; but this is my entity of being that I believe corresponds to me and fits me best.

If you see secret knowledge Needle of Junta, leave it here for the name of Super Smash Bros. Melee. If you have profound knowledge of it's use already you have my respect to do whatever you please of it to, then go ahead and share this knowledge; you'll be then more closer to how a real Mr.Game&Watch plays as well as others, AS WELL AS OTHERS thus NINTENDO's prophecy comes true...

-CLASS OF 2009!

-Hay a nine! on the time! How epic!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Predicting the 9 is pretty fuggin easy. Its called character affinity. The more you play a character the more you'll get misfires, stick face, bomb-oms, 9s, and the like.

Also playing fox and GnW dont go together at all. Fox can play campy, defensive, mindgamey, offensive, or just pure rushdown. GnW can only play defensive. If he plays offensive he gets *****.

Also it sausage links that he tosses.... Not bacon, although yelling bacon when you pan spike someone does have a better ring than yelling sausage. Thats just gay.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
...wait what? Game and Watch is a terrible defensive character. His shield sucks and he doesn't live long. Whenever I play Game and Watch, I always have to be super aggressive.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Then the other person shield's and you get *****. : / Seriously you have to play very defensive, and by that i don't mean shield all day. I mean out right avoiding or just beating out your opponent's attack whenever you predict them.

Albeit i am very bad at this myself, but still. Playing aggressive with GnW is just all box with is easily countered.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
-We'll, switching off between them I actually do predict nine but it isn't as easy of a method as yours that can be comprehended. I don't rely on usage of one character for the affinity to produce nines. This is to clear-eyed for me, it only betters the chance for nines and if you circumspect here you see that you are conditioned to only playing G&W in order for character affinity, unacceptable, way to easy! What such a thing to rely on all the time as being a defensive G&W player.

-Fox gives me confidence(buxoms me) when I need it. When I switch back to G&W I always remember that I have to be vigilent about the deadlines of other characters potentials. Knowledgable players that know G&W is a underdog go right away and be offensive not knowing what a persons mind is capable of to perform in disadvantageous circumstances. I get more confidence knowing my opponent is besetted; in an analogies form by the thought of self-confidence, knowing they supposedly think have the upper hand because they think he sucks, and then finally them not being in a state of placid most certainly when I start to play intelligently.

-I call it bacon because it looks more like bacon. I'm not going to kiss Nintendo's azz because they say he tosses sausages or for the people who agree its sausages or just are induced simply by word.

Ultimately
-Do you see now how Fox&Mr.GameandWatch go together if your going to be a true G&W player.

-without a shadow of a dought, you missinterpreted the first bullet from my previous post.

-as of time reincardination , it simply is being more pacient.
-being pacient enough to tell yourself the time is right for a nine.

(Honestly)When I Predict the nine the thing I say in my head before it happens, "I think this time it's right."
-I put that hand on the bible Nakamaru.

CLASS OF 2009!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I still don't see how fox and GnW go together. You can do that with any high tier character and GnW. Fox - GnW is not unique in that aspect. If you want to catch your opponent off guard very early on with an aggressive GnW and hope to god they don't know how to counter it then go for it, but at higher levels of play you will get punished very easily for being too aggressive with a character that simply cannot do it without very high risks involved.

Also no one can predict the 9 hammer unless time is on, and even then it is very very hard to get it then with all that happens during gameplay. So the best way to get a 9 is to just wait for an opportunity where you can land one safely.

You do know how GnW's hammer works right?

Also its ****ing sausage. It looks like two sausages in a link. It isn't wavy, and there is most definitely two very pill like shapes connected together. Bacon is not pill like in any way.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
But I do predict nines without the time on but not all the time; if I were to anyways the feeling to my friends will diminish(thats how you put smiles on peoples faces! I think once again and suggest appropriate time, I say nine! and they know its epic because I can predict). I know how it works, I know how many you can do in a min. but don't like to try for all because of inclination to press side b more often which there by ruins my physique(yes tendency to press side b gets the best of me, and really hard too sometimes if I start screwing up on timing mentally)! If my mind gets distorted, I lose that ability I really enjoy having that I developed with hard work which I will keep covert of until I prove I'm the preeminent of all Mr.Game&Watchs'.

-As for the part on your previous post, you said any high tier can go with G&W. I, [in my last 2 post before, I stated -of course any other secondaries with G&W is possible. (and further more) I believe it to be my entity->fox and G&W].

-I'm still calling them bacon XP thank you very much!
-nice try on trying to tantalize me there by your derivation! :p

ultimately
-The purpose here is to have activity on the G&W page.

-Thank you Nakamaru and others for your contributions. Anyone take these conversations with meaningful words and utilize them.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I asked the question to figure out if you knew that if you get a 9, the next two numbers will never be a 9. SO if you get say a 5 and an 8 in a stock. The next possible numbers will be 1-2-3-4-6-7-9. and so on and so forth.

It is a helpful tip if you didn't know it. If you did there is probably someone else that didn't know it, and that person should be reading this. >:E

If you want to be the preeminent of all GnW's then you gotta ditto me. : )

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Ya, thats definitely correct of how the hammer works. I knew it all along this time.

-That would be awesome to play you, I can't play ssbm online though and I don't think it will happen(Ca) 17 and 9mon. age (wishes one day to go to washington to play SW and others). Zorakbane(Fl) could though(Really wanted to buy equipment for this reason but found out only 1.0 and 1.1 have files supported for these versions and probably not yet 1.2.)

-the only thing we can probably play is brawl and it blows in tech. skill.

-are you from Florida? If you are your lucky. I see that there is still a lot of activity.

-I love your signiture btw. Can't stop looking at it, lol.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
the algorythm hasn't been craked fully but it has been cracked with the timer and knowing what i posted earlier...

horray for very badly formed post.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yeah I still play Game and Watch (or Mr. Murt & Murh for those familiar) even though I kinda suck with him after Brawl.

And Nakamaru, G&W is a terrible defensive character so to speak, 2nd lightest in the game, crap rolls and sidestop and the downright ****tiest shield in the game it's much more effective for him to be more offensive than the opponent to actually do well.

Remember, there is a difference between being reckless, and passively aggressive which is putting your opponent into a bad position without necessarilly hitting them.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
General rule of thumb with low tiers is that when you are cornered you lose. Which means you typically should be the aggressor.

This is amplified immensely with GaW because of his terrible shield and roll and sidestep and stuff.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
in venezuela thers a top10 guy that mains mwgame and watch, he is sickly good or better said, sickly god

TheLake

Smash Master
Dont let nakamaru fool you! He plays the most aggressive GnW this side of PA!

And Blea I demand vids.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Dont let nakamaru fool you! He plays the most aggressive GnW this side of PA!

And Blea I demand vids.
I only play rushdown with my characters because im far to impatient to actually sit and try to devise a strategy. The whole SH Fair and hope to god it hits then DI the the punishment just keeps the games moving. :laugh:

Kidding except for the whole SH fair part. >.> I really do do that.

phish-it, Im not saying defensive in shield camping and sidestepping. When i say defensive i mean outright avoiding the other person's attacks and playing keep away the entire match. But aggressive play does work against another aggressive opponent. Not so well against a defensive opponent. I haven't found a way around defensive players other than playing just as defensive and trying to get them to attack first, but its not working to well. Thoughts?

The Phenom

Smash Lord
^^Try to predict the trajectory of the bacon/sausage on your opponent. Just know your adversary is moving and a hot heated, grill smoked Hillshire bacon/sausage will eventually land on them at breaking point of tension(that is assuming you get to that bacon/sausage count)continue tension unless a falco(**** lasers are so balking, keep you in one place without moving) and they will bite your net. It gets them going since proclivity to do something kicks in -human nature- because plain simply it's a thought to act. The reason being is because they are bewildered for the reason to how you really time the bacon/sausage on them or atleast to there proximity most of the time. If they still don't budge or you can't get to that crucial point to make him attack you, give them Mr.Snippy with some projectyles(never spam,you will lose your count to what type of bacon/sausage trajectory it will be)!

-I today used this fighting style and worked very well. It's a good way to set things offensive for both of you just don't start getting owned thus giving him confidence.

-your sausages/bacon is your indicator to how close or far you are apart from eachother(make it seem that way to entrance your opponent). It is your lungs when given oxygen or no oxygen. -my philosophy

-I predicted nines as usual yesterday while vs. my friend DannyX.(I think the time is right)

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
LoL, that was kinda cool to read.

My G&W stratedgy is kinda grey until I get close to someone. I like to approach with Back-Air and follow up with forward tilt, or down tilt.

I'm mostly an air game + ledge game person. I need work on my approach/approach nerfing with G&W. When people are recovering high they fear the Chute O' Death, as they do when grabbed, and when the are recovering low they fear the judgement hammer and Forward Smash Stance Spammage.

On people at low percent I usually like to Key Blade spike them through the stage, on FD of course, or Down tilt to forward smash depending on their DI.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
i play G&W as Low Tier main... hes very aggressive but when it comes to defense he sucks coz of shield and fragileness

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Actually i dont use neutral b at all unless i want to pan spike someone. Doing it on the ground is actually very punishable unless they are already off the stage, or you are recovering from very high in the air.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Omni Smash, Nakamaru, or anyone. Can you guys give me advice when to do the forward smash! I never do smashes, but I read your use of manhole>forward smash Omni Smash. I never done this in an match...Omni smash can you tell the chances of it connecting on Fox/Falco.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Down throw to F-smash is garanteed on Fast fallers at like 30 and up. Just read their DI and hit the c-stick in that direction. You may need to take a step left or right if they DI full left or right, but they will get hit by it.

Its also a good mix-up if you like to WD-back into box alot. Just F-smash sometimes instead.

Also a *****ing combo you can do with GnW. d-tilt, turle, into hammer on FFlers that dont DI correctly. I have that one on tape. : )

The Phenom

Smash Lord
down tilt > turtle > hammer is awesome when they don't DI. This gave me an idea for a forward smash after! Must experiment all possibilities later of what I can do with the sequence of attacks d-tilt>snippy>forward-smash.

-Thanks! Is there anymore ways how I can incorporate smashes? -I know if you use the d-air they pop straight up; sometimes here at this point, apponents don't DI and you can forward smash them easily. Did you know you can forward smash your opponent with a smash lag forward attack? Your opponent gets wacked, not burned by the fire and seems to have a more powerful knockback.

-Heres my nasty combo against a fast faller: Upgrab > Upsmash > Downgrab > NuetralA > Manhole > turtle with connecting trumpet(Uair) > predict bacon > #1 > quick jump to D-air+L_cancel > The Book of Knowledge.

Top Bottom