• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who likes Delfino Plaza

orintemple

Smash Lord
Delfino Plaza is great. I like it a lot. Good music, good atmosphere. They stay true to Mario Sunshine and it is a nice level to get away from the average flat neutral stage, but without being too horribly unbalanced and dumb.

perezo

Smash Cadet
I like the stage but my bro hates it..... but i do love spiking through water!:laugh:

Zevox

Smash Lord
Delfino Plaza is probably my favorite overall stage. No real hazards make it a very fair stage, yet the changing terrain makes it many times more interesting than places like Final Destination, Battlefield, or Smashville. Plus playing to the tune of the Bob-Omb Battlefield music is a real treat.

Zevox

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I love Delfino Square because it's one of the only stages that you can swim in that you won't pretty much instantly die from the water.
Summit because of Fishy McGee and Jungle Japes because of how fast the water moves and Snappy McGee the Klap Trap.

And the music is totally awesome ^^

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
I like it because its not boring like final destination.
Doesn't that pretty much apply to every stage? :ohwell:

Delfino is pretty fun, and I like it. There's just one part that is kind of annoying with the walk-off edges on both sides and no platforms or anything. That's a recipe for disaster. But it doesn't last very long before it changes to something else so it's no big deal.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
WOAH WOAH WOAH! Final Destination is NOT boring!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Uh ... did you really just say that? It's A FLAT SURFACE. That's it. It has a crazy background but you barely pay attention to it when you're playing anyways.

I, and most likely the majority of members here play on FD more than any other stage, but wow, is it ever boring.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
Uh ... did you really just say that? It's A FLAT SURFACE. That's it. It has a crazy background but you barely pay attention to it when you're playing anyways.

I, and most likely the majority of members here play on FD more than any other stage, but wow, is it ever boring.
Eh, I don't find it boring at all because its just a stage where you can show your real skill if you set the items off etc etc! And nothing can kill you except the opponent...or if you kill your self of course, BUT keep in mind that FD should be in the Final Destination THREAD!!! :)

Grandeza

Smash Master
I like Delfino. Once I was vs ing my friend there. He had 1 life and I had 2. I was Dedede and he was Ganondorf. We were at the staircase area. The platform started leaving and we were a little far away from it. I grabbed Ganondorf. CGed him a little. And due to Dedede having good recovery, I was able to recover and he wasn't. Good times..

JCav

Smash Lord
i like delfino plaza as a stage and i love ricco harbor, a great reason to play there

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
Delfino Plaza is great. I like it a lot. Good music, good atmosphere. They stay true to Mario Sunshine and it is a nice level to get away from the average flat neutral stage, but without being too horribly unbalanced and dumb.
QFT. Delfino Plaza is easily becoming one of my most played stages, taking the lead over Smashville, yet still behind Final Destination. As much as I love the music, stage, and feel, there's no better show of skill than a flat area with no distractions.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I love Delfino. I love how the terrian is always different but there isn't anything too crazy. I wish they would have made more stages like that, maybe one of Ricco Harbor, or some from Super Mario Galaxy.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
QFT. Delfino Plaza is easily becoming one of my most played stages, taking the lead over Smashville, yet still behind Final Destination. As much as I love the music, stage, and feel, there's no better show of skill than a flat area with no distractions.
My point exactly! :)

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Great stage, one I like to play on casually.

Other than that, Counterpick only

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
I love it, it's nice and it has many different places to fight and I LOVE THE MUSIC

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I LOVE IT.

I'm glad they added it in.
I wish its Neutral, not Counterpick...... :D

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Its even better if your a Jigglypuff player. Jiggs dominates on that stage and I love it!

Its like Mute City, you can wake up after resting and hitting the water, and the stage can leave w/o the opponent but jiggs can recover!

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
Its even better if your a Jigglypuff player. Jiggs dominates on that stage and I love it!

Its like Mute City, you can wake up after resting and hitting the water, and the stage can leave w/o the opponent but jiggs can recover!
eh, too bad im not a Jigglypuff player...:ohwell:

Contrary

Smash Cadet
I like it for the most part. Relatively flat on most areas. I'm never a big fan of the stages where if youre too close to the end of it, you can get smashed/thrown out of it at low percents. (In this case, the stage where the giant tower with the star on it is bordering the right side).

Top Bottom