• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who likes Delfino Plaza

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Hanenbow, Mario Bros, Rumble Falls, Skyworld, Green Hill Zone*. I DO NOT like those stages.

75 M is kinda playable but I hate it when DK sends the boncing springs around X3 TOO MUCH KNOCKBACK AND TOO CLOSE TO THE EDGE OF THE SCREEN. But you have the choice to play somewhere else, do that... :D

*When playing "competitive" matches. Hate it when the Checkpoint Pole (or whatever it's called) kills me.

Hanenbow: I don't like it. Just don't like it. The stage itself tricks you to death, the platforms move and get in weird positions, the looks of the stage... I DO NOT like that stage.

Mario Bros: Grab a crab or koopa and throw it. Over and over again. Ta dah you win! BUT DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT FIGHTING WITH YOUR NORMAL MOVES. They are USELESS.

Rumble Falls: You know the Ice Climbers Stage from Melee? Same story here. Except this tage has some AWESOME music... T_T What a waste...

Skyworld: You cannot go through plaftorms, not even the moving one. you can't meteor smash anyone unless it is in the right direction and if you've been spiked through the clouds and the platform is recreated, then, "Oh, I'm sorry, YOU'RE SCREWED."

shal

Smash Apprentice
i dont really like it but well i like the water it has well looks soo cool other than that.. its a no no great place for snake

barnes

Smash Rookie
yeah i love this stage. i like the scenery and plus mario sunshine was a great game

Geist

Smash Master
Delfino plaza is a cool stage. It's not too stupid, and doesn't get overly boring if you play it alot. (I'm looking at you FD. >_<)

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I like fighting on this stage, but I do hate it when I'm Zelda and fall into the water (at the area with the three pillars of land.)

She definitely can't get up.

Still love the map, though.

L 17

Smash Apprentice
As a snake main, I can't stand the place. Even when I'm other characters I get bothered because some areas are walk-off, which I've always been against.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
As a snake main, I can't stand the place. Even when I'm other characters I get bothered because some areas are walk-off, which I've always been against.
if your a snake main it wouldn't be that hard to avoid the walk off...and recovery with the cypher would be EXTREMELY helpful for you...its not that bad for a snake main..

superman969

Smash Journeyman
One of the best stages in the game...and in all of Smash. The music and background are just soooo amazing, it's a great stage to get away from all the neutral, boring ones (Final D anyone??). The fact that it moves all over the island adds a great touch, and brings a whole bunch of Sunshine just flooding back. Its just straight up fun

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
delfino plaza is a tournament stage... so I guess people has to get use to it. the only ditraction is the water. I dont really like the stage much.

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
I really like this stage, but only when it lands. I don't really like the floating platforms. The ricco harbor and delfino plaza songs are also cool.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
The music could have been better but I love that stage!!!

Spidah

Smash Apprentice
Best stage imo, it varies so much and the colors and songs are just great. Thumbs up for delfino, home of the stupidest chars in mario's univers ever !

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
delfino is one of the most fun stages imo. i use it as a counterpick alot w/ d3, and the changes are all really good for him.

not to mention it has some of the best music imo, well... i dunno about best but really really good music and delfino is so beautiful.

my only gripe about the stage is when it is changing into the three pillars and the water at the bottom, during the scene change the stage glitches out sometimes. and dieing because of the stage glitching throught the ceiling change.... URGH its frustrating

Ryazan

Smash Ace
I like it. The scenery is first-rate, and I love the diversity of the ground areas and the fact that the floating platform changes too.

iTz_HaVoC

Smash Cadet
i really like this stage. The platforms still throw me off, but i like the ever changing scenery. It's fun to fight on the plaza. it has good music.

Fatalized

Smash Apprentice
This stage is just like BattleField except its Moving..I think of it like that. And i like it wen it lands by the tables cuz its easy to kill to the right lol :)

Top Bottom