• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Who just dropped 4k????!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Maxfire needs to rise from the filthy depths of 2008, strap all the Skullgirls roster to his glorious black steed, and ride off into the sunset.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Well then..this should be interesting~
Putting a ~ at the end of every sentence is not how you no sell a warning message letting you know that your game is about to get buried. You're about to get buried, and when you do I expect you to have even grander meltdowns than you did before you guys caught up. At first your attempts to "get over" with us after your ridiculous hysterics were cute and whatnot but the schtick is getting old. We get it, you like skullgirls, we get it, you want to look good instead of crazy.

It's not going to be "interesting", it's going to be ****ING HYPE and sir, as a member of the opposing team, you do not get to join in on it.

Edit-Yes we know we're awesome. >______>

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Putting a ~ at the end of every sentence is not how you no sell a warning message letting you know that your game is about to get buried. You're about to get buried, and when you do I expect you to have even grander meltdowns than you did before you guys caught up. At first your attempts to "get over" with us after your ridiculous hysterics were cute and whatnot but the schtick is getting old. We get it, you like skullgirls, we get it, you want to look good instead of crazy.

It's not going to be "interesting", it's going to be ****ING HYPE and sir, as a member of the opposing team, you do not get to join in on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiSPVs3CUI0&t=7m28s

Here's what is playing in the background.

Where the **** is embedding when I need it?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx

Eh...you put in a good effort. This guy is doing a ton to try and ease relations between the two communities and you're jumping all over him. Not a fan.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Lol dude wtf?
Let the guy be.
-DD

BrandX

Smash Ace

Hmm..interesting. I had a feeling you wanted to put me down. Your such an interesting person you know that right?

I understand my mental breakdowns, I understand I want to fix my image. I've been extremely nice to your community, and you come and snap at me like an agnry dog.

I put ~ at the end of my sentences so I can sound more enthusiastic/excited~

If it's one thing I've learned, it's to not react in a melodramatic way to people like you. You can hate me all you want, I won't hate you.

Maybe instead of wasting your energy on me, go help your community win. Put your money where your mouth is sir. Good day~

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman

Yeah! Leave him alone! He's a celebrity around these parts! We honor those in America!

joY

Pot splitter
Hmm..interesting. I had a feeling you wanted to put me down. Your such an interesting person you know that right?
I liked the other post you edited out better :(

Anyways, let's keep on donating!

#somethingclever

BrandX

Smash Ace
I liked the other post you edited out better :(

Anyways, let's keep on donating!

#somethingclever
Sorry I wanted to put it in a different post for everyone to see, but it didn't copy it all. I tried recreating it XD

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Seriously though this dude has come here and got ~200 posts just because of this whole donation drive.

What is even going on?

BrandX

Smash Ace
Seriously though this dude has come here and got ~200 posts just because of this whole donation drive.

What is even going on?
It's because of this donation drive that I started playing smash good sir. Can I not be apart of the fun?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You started playing Smash?

Well that's cool, just gotta warn you though that if you just picked up Melee, get ready to job really really hard if you enter at Evo, or any tournament. That is for like a year or so. Don't give up!

BrandX

Smash Ace
You started playing Smash?

Well that's cool, just gotta warn you though that if you just picked up Melee, get ready to job really really hard if you enter at Evo, or any tournament. That is for like a year or so. Don't give up!
Well, I'm not into Melee. I'm a Project M player :p

But it's because of melee that got me interested in the community. SkullGirls is still my love, but smash is very fun to play~

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
The defense of sycophancy here is hilarious. I wouldn't be on his case if he didn't come off a total ****ing suck up.

Also I've donated twice and I will be donating more, I am putting my money where my mouth is and I am behind this movement 100%.

BrandX

Smash Ace
The defense of sycophancy here is hilarious. I wouldn't be on his case if he didn't come off a total ****ing suck up.

Also I've donated twice and I will be donating more, I am putting my money where my mouth is and I am behind this movement 100%
A suck up? Really? I got interesting in your damn series because a lot of your community welcomed me with open arms. I am a Project M player, isn't that enough for you? I'm not allowed to join other communities?

Real smooth dude, you are a inspiration you know that.

Btw, I've donated 4 times to SG's, so don't act like a bit tough guy when it comes to that.

Also I forgot to mention that I trusted that your community wasn't the stereotype that everyone makes you guys out to be, you are probably the definition of that stereotype. If you want your community to grow, show some respect.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx

Also I've donated twice and I will be donating more, I am putting my money where my mouth is and I am behind this movement 100%.
We've been preaching about wanting the community to grow. He's shown interest.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
A suck up? Really? I got interesting in your damn series because a lot of your community welcomed me with open arms. I am a Project M player, isn't that enough for you? I'm not allowed to join other communities?
I think the point is that he just doesn't like you.

Top heel for many years.

Btw, I've donated 4 times to SG's, so don't act like a bit tough guy when it comes to that.

Also I forgot to mention that I trusted that your community wasn't the stereotype that everyone makes you guys out to be, you are probably the definition of that stereotype.
Abrasive and mean?

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman

Also I forgot to mention that I trusted that your community wasn't the stereotype that everyone makes you guys out to be, you are probably the definition of that stereotype.
Unfortunately, there will always be people like that in every community. It's a bit worse for the melee community, since we've built up this negative reputation to begin with, so even if 99% of us now try to act on our best behavior, one person who gets noticed can render all that for naught.

Personally, I've never seen this as a Skullgirls vs. SSBM event. I've seen it as an opportunity for the melee community to show everybody how it can be friendly and accommodating (hats off to the Skullgirls community by the way, they may be small, but everybody there is incredibly friendly to outsiders). I feel like personal attacks and etc. only serve to undermine our own effort, and if things go badly, nobody will have changed their opinion of the melee community at all regardless of whether it appears at EVO or not.

So, on behalf of him, I apologize. Please don't look at all of us in the same light.

BrandX

Smash Ace
I think the point is that he just doesn't like you.

Top heel for many years.

Abrasive and mean?
Haha, I guess he is a top heel, but that doesn't mean he should be a complete jerk to people wanting to join communities.

And yeah, that. Also whiny, but I thankfully haven't seen that.

Unfortunately, there will always be people like that in every community. It's a bit worse for the melee community, since we've built up this negative reputation to begin with, so even if 99% of us now try to act on our best behavior, one person who gets noticed can render all that for naught.

Personally, I've never seen this as a Skullgirls vs. SSBM event. I've seen it as an opportunity for the melee community to show everybody how it can be friendly and accommodating (hats off to the Skullgirls community by the way, they may be small, but everybody there is incredibly friendly to outsiders). I feel like personal attacks and etc. only serve to undermine our own effort, and if things go badly, nobody will have changed their opinion of the melee community at all regardless of whether it appears at EVO or not.

So, on behalf of him, I apologize. Please don't look at all of us in the same light.
Of course I wont' look at you guys in the same light, every community has it's people that don't look good.

This was mostly just a donation to fight breast cancer, I see no reason to get angry at each other anymore.

You guys have proven to me that you guys are a good, loving community. You just got to overcome those people who make you look bad.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
oh jesus, teran and falconv1.0 (as an aside, oh god what an awful name) are double teaming this thread. we're doomed.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
This is a strawman.

You're not part of this community yet, you're a guy who is playing as the outside observer while you take every chance you get to let us know how great we are for trying to beat you. "Oh boy you guys wanna make sure my game doesn't make it to evo but you're not being overtly hostile <3 <3 <3"=/=Someone showing respect.

Oh and by the way, further strawmanning from you claiming that I'm trying to be a "tough guy" by bringing up the fact that I have donated. I was simply responding to you saying "Maybe instead of wasting your energy on me, go help your community win. Put your money where your mouth is sir. Good day~"

Edit-Hey Strong Bad...thanks. :)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hey Strong Bad least I can't do as much damage as you with Developer powers.

But yeah we're all doomed, when's the deadline again?

Life

Smash Hero
BrandX just don't bother responding. Should have put falcon on ignore a long time ago, just too lazy (and I had SB on ignore for a while for trolling Brawl forums but he makes too many legit Melee/PM related posts so I couldn't exactly keep him there)

Top Bottom