• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Who just dropped 4k????!

BrandX

Smash Ace
This is a strawman.

You're not part of this community yet, you're a guy who is playing as the outside observer while you take every chance you get to let us know how great we are for trying to beat you. "Oh boy you guys wanna make sure my game doesn't make it to evo but you're not being overtly hostile <3 <3 <3"=/=Someone showing respect.

Oh and by the way, further strawmanning from you claiming that I'm trying to be a "tough guy" by bringing up the fact that I have donated. I was simply responding to you saying "Maybe instead of wasting your energy on me, go help your community win. Put your money where your mouth is sir. Good day~"
Outside observer? Now you are becoming laughable. Seriously, a lot of the Project M team has seen me as a great guy and I have been trying to learn the game, you obviously don't get a word about me from people like GHNeko or Prog.

Also I'm showing respect, you guys are doing a damn good job. You guys have blown me away so many times, I'm super impressed. I'm just not giving up hope, I've done that way too many times already. It doesn't mean I can't tell you guys to keep going, it's just *******s like you who don't want the community to expand.

I will admit, my comment about the donations was wrong. I apologize for that. Donating for your community is great, I applaud you. Just grow up and learn respect for people who are trying to be friendly.

With that, I have no more reason to talk to you. Have fun~

Also ignoring him is what he probably wants, I am not going to do such a thing.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The ignore feature is useless, I mean really it says "you have ignored this person you hate, click to see what they're posting".

Most will end up clicking.

If you're intent on ignoring, then just... ignore.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
I come relaying a message from the real Batman.

He says to forget about him. His donation was for the community, not for himself.
He does not want the attention to be focused on one person who made a large donation, but instead a continued focus on our ultimate goal.
He also wants you to stop relying on other people. We will not beat Skullgirls by waiting for another large mystery donation.
We have to stop dwelling on past victories, and look to the battles that are still to come in the near future.
He requests that this thread also be deleted, seeing as it is basically about him.
BUT DO NOT LET THE HYPE DIE.
http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=4df8c6d (picture proof)

He also says "Tell Falcon to go **** himself"

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Teran:

Also there's a User CP option to remove that "this is a post by a person you've ignored" thing. It's amazing.

Life: That stings. I've put more effort into Brawl posts than 95% of Brawl players.

also evo hype wooo

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
You guys have proven to me that you guys are a good, loving community. You just got to overcome those people who make you look bad.
Part of the problem has always been the fact that the melee community and the fighting game community in general managed to stir up some mutual drama and now share this opinion that they can never get along (and of course the "bad ones" as you've mentioned in both parties only make it worse), so whenever someone acts like a jerk, but says something good about melee at the same time, the community doesn't really act to weed them out so much. Unfortunately, I think this is a problem that we won't really be able to get rid of... I'm pretty sure if there was an easy solution, we might not have built upon that reputation issue...

BrandX

Smash Ace

He says to forget about him. His donation was for the community, not for himself.
He does not want the attention to be focused on one person who made a large donation, but instead a continued focus on our ultimate goal.
He also wants you to stop relying on other people. We will not beat Skullgirls by waiting for another large mystery donation.
We have to stop dwelling on past victories, and look to the battles that are still to come in the near future.
He requests that this thread also be deleted, seeing as it is basically about him.

I love this mysterious man. He is truly a man that will go down in history~

Also wow...thanks for backing me up dude and your community. You have my fullest respect.

You truly are a dark knight...

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare

whoooooa man

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED FROM MELEE

Life

Smash Hero
I would point out that 95% of Smash players don't post at all, maybe playing a few rounds with Pokeballs on Temple or whatever with their friends at a party once a year or so.

LOL Vulcan

Revven

FrankerZ

YOOOOOOO is this what you wanted from THE COMMUNITY!?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i can't believe no one has mentioned XIF getting superbanned for posting his **** on smashboards as a legendary thread

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I would point out that 95% of Smash players don't post at all, maybe playing a few rounds with Pokeballs on Temple or whatever with their friends at a party once a year or so.

LOL Vulcan
I said Brawl players, which refers to competitive Brawl players in that context.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Part of the problem has always been the fact that the melee community and the fighting game community in general managed to stir up some mutual drama and now share this opinion that they can never get along (and of course the "bad ones" as you've mentioned in both parties only make it worse), so whenever someone acts like a jerk, but says something good about melee at the same time, the community doesn't really act to weed them out so much. Unfortunately, I think this is a problem that we won't really be able to get rid of... I'm pretty sure if there was an easy solution, we might not have built upon that reputation issue...
It's okay dude. The important part is that I see you guys in a positive light. No one will ever change that. You guys are truly an amazing community~

Life

Smash Hero
There are still a fair number of competitive brawlers that don't or only rarely post.

Course, that's who you're talking about anyway. Meh, no reason to push the point.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx

OHHHH

POOR ZHU

thanks on behalf of the community, for you having enough faith in us.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
The ignore feature is useless, I mean really it says "you have ignored this person you hate, click to see what they're posting".

Most will end up clicking.

If you're intent on ignoring, then just... ignore.
the ignore feature doesn't do that anymore

it makes it so that the posts don't show up at all

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Look, dude, when I see you post these super melodramatic rants on SRK then suddenly go OH WAIT PEOPLE THINK I'M BEING A LOSER BETTER STOP THAT then march over here to be super nice, it doesn't feel genuine. Before I even saw you post here, I saw your posts on SRK and I actually sent some of them to people saying "wow this guy is ****ing insane." I'm not saying I don't believe that you "respect" us, but it feels like the respect you get from someone you just smacked over the head with a brick repeatedly and they're just begging you to not do it again.

You've gone from this: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/skullgirls-nominated-for-8th-slot-at-evo.174467/page-5#post-7903422
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/skullgirls-nominated-for-8th-slot-at-evo.174467/page-5#post-7903468

to YAY I LOVE SMASH U GAIZ R GREAT WE'RE ALL WINNERS HYPE YAY in a matter of days. That sounds less like the kind of respect I want out of a person and more like a symptom of a bipolar disorder. Like a girlfriend who might kill herself if you break up with her, like me with Teran starts to imply we're not best friends and I start to realize all hope is lost, etc.

But yeah don't worry you'll fit in here, or anywhere, because everyone loves a sycophant!

This is pretty much all I have left to say, I think anymore would just be redundant, but hey I've been wrong before!

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Look, dude, when I see you post these super melodramatic rants on SRK then suddenly go OH WAIT PEOPLE THINK I'M BEING A LOSER BETTER STOP THAT then march over here to be super nice, it doesn't feel genuine. Before I even saw you post here, I saw your posts on SRK and I actually sent some of them to people saying "wow this guy is ****ing insane." I'm not saying I don't believe that you "respect" us, but it feels like the respect you get from someone you just smacked over the head with a brick repeatedly and they're just begging you to not do it again.

You've gone from this: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/skullgirls-nominated-for-8th-slot-at-evo.174467/page-5#post-7903422
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/skullgirls-nominated-for-8th-slot-at-evo.174467/page-5#post-7903468

to YAY I LOVE SMASH U GAIZ R GREAT WE'RE ALL WINNERS HYPE YAY in a matter of days. That sounds less like the kind of respect I want out of a person and more like a symptom of a bipolar disorder. Like a girlfriend who might kill herself if you break up with her, like me with Teran starts to imply we're not best friends and I start to realize all hope is lost, etc.

But yeah don't worry you'll fit in here, or anywhere, because everyone loves a sycophant!

This is pretty much all I have left to say, I think anymore would just be redundant, but hey I've been wrong before!
Well, at least he's not an ***.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman

BTW Falcon, our hero told you to go **** yourself, so I you're going to have to take one for the team

Nobody can refuse the hero

BrandX

Smash Ace

I know I said I wouldn't respond again, but I just need to one more time.

So you spread the thing huh? Guess I have to thank you for the publicity, any publicity is good publicity.

And the reason is because I figured out your community after they helped me. Sure I went from melodramatic to happy and cheerful for everyone, but that's because I realized I had a brain.

I appreciate you guys now, and I don't think I'm a whatever you called me.

Like I said. We all make mistakes, you actually have to make them to learn them. I made my mistake and I learned from them, move on. That's how life goes, you can't dread on the past.

I felt i should use my energy in a more positive way.

It's not like NeoGaf and 4chan can be taken seriously anyway, I never really recognize their presence, so it doesn't really effect me.

If you hate me, that's fine, but don't make your community look bad in the process. Respect your community. You basically are making the same mistake I did, giving your opinion about stuff nobody cares about.

Nobody should of cared for my melodrama, and nobody should care about your rage against me.

Move on.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm not trying to in some way damage this community's reputation by expressing my own personal view here, I hope you know that. I don't even want you to leave, but I would appreciate it if you just calmed down. You've bounced between two extremes and the latest extreme is far less entertaining than the first.

Hell if I'm able to make it to Evo I'd be willing to shake your hand or whatever the **** just to show that I don't mean any ill will.

Edit-Didn't notice mod's post, but I don't think this exactly counts as furthering the "argument".

BrandX

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to in some way damage this community's reputation by expressing my own personal view here, I hope you know that. I don't even want you to leave, but I would appreciate it if you just calmed down. You've bounced between two extremes and the latest extreme is far less entertaining than the first.

Hell if I'm able to make it to Evo I'd be willing to shake your hand or whatever the **** just to show that I don't mean any ill will.
Well dude, I appreciate it. And if you have noticed, I have calmed down. I'm not expressing any melodrama or anything talking to you.

Please refer back to my "We make Mistakes" part of my previous post.

And sure, I'll shake your hand.

I don't mean any ill will, I just love both the SG's community and the Smash Community too much now. I was expressing my love. That's all.

My days of overdramatic times are over. A new day has come, and you are looking at a new me.

Top Bottom