• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your favorite character (or who will you main?)

Who is your favorite character so far (or who will you main?)

• Mario

Votes: 69 2.0%
  • Luigi

Votes: 85 2.4%
  • Peach

Votes: 57 1.6%
  • Bowser

Votes: 34 1.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 20 0.6%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 98 2.8%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 49 1.4%
  • Wario

Votes: 61 1.7%
  • Link

Votes: 111 3.1%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 85 2.4%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 36 1.0%
  • "Toon" Link

Votes: 124 3.5%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 117 3.3%
  • Pit

Votes: 214 6.1%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 29 0.8%
  • R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy)

Votes: 79 2.2%
  • Kirby

Votes: 78 2.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 161 4.6%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 119 3.4%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 174 4.9%
  • Fox

Votes: 75 2.1%
  • Falco

Votes: 96 2.7%
  • Wolf

Votes: 173 4.9%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 61 1.7%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 60 1.7%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 137 3.9%
  • Lucario

Votes: 158 4.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 42 1.2%
  • Marth

Votes: 169 4.8%
  • Ike

Votes: 216 6.1%
  • Ness

Votes: 56 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 110 3.1%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 48 1.4%
  • Snake

Votes: 125 3.5%
  • Sonic

Votes: 207 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobcc

Smash Journeyman
y'know..i'm actually really suprised how Samus isn't a favorite in this game, she seems to be less liked in this game than ever before and in the previous two SSB games. I can remember in SSB64 she was one of the most liked characters that could have been chosen in a video game!, it's insane how she has dropped down the popularity charts in just 10 years..

anyways here are my top mains:

1# Meta Knight
2# Samus
3# R.O.B
4# Dedede

Revven

FrankerZ
Diddy Kong will officially be my main choice until I see that Falco, Wolf, or Sonic surpass him somehow. I'm sorry, but, those combos you can pull off with him are insane!

After Diddy comes Falco, Sonic, MetaKnight, Link, Mario, and Pikachu (probably more after that like DK but those will be the ones I'm going to work on unless, Wolf is better than Falco).

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I've heard that samus has had alot of her moves nerfed in melee (charged shot specifically.) Also, if you consider that her final smash involves a FORCED switch to zamus, it's no wonder she's less popular.

Myself? Well i'll probably main Peach, Wario, Samus/Zamus and Dedede,but until i've played the game it's hard to say.

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
well:
1#link
2#sonic[i need to get better than the noobs that will main him..stupid pal reigions]
3#marth
4#olimar
5#ness/lucas/jigglypuff?

Soyl

Smash Cadet
Im surprised by the amount of people who plan on maining Olimar, why do people want to main him?

As for me, It's clearly between 5 characters that I like alot, but mainly Lucas and Zamus.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
my favs(ranked in order) are Luigi, Metaknight, Dedede, Diddy Kong, and ROB

EDIT: Sonic's winning right now? That just sorta makes me shudder even though I like Sonic but someone who isn't even Nintendo and they're winning by a long shot? It just doesnt really make sense.

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
you kno when i first saw brawl, i was infatuated with pit, he looked like he'd be so good. then i saw ike an gimpyfish's impressions of him. what struck me was that he was so slow

so that reaffirmed my faith in pit as my new main...

then i saw the footage from the japanese demo kiosks which in them 8 times out of 10...ike was used

then the leaked vids of the sse and matches came an i saw more an more of ike

then after finally seeing ike in person when someone brought an import copy to my school, that changed my whole opinion of him

ike...yes he is slow, but his sheer power just shocked me. i normally dont use slow characters but right now, ike is seriously looking like my main because of his sheer power

SO IKE WILL BE MY MAIN FOR NOW!

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
A surprising lack of love for Yoshi, ICs, DK and the Mother reps. I'm going to main in the beginning, he was my Melee main and I just love the little pink dude. I'll probably pick up a different main through playing around though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Maining Olimar, he's just too awesome...

Lucario and Diddy are great too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Im surprised by the amount of people who plan on maining Olimar, why do people want to main him?

As for me, It's clearly between 5 characters that I like alot, but mainly Lucas and Zamus.

Im sure quite a few of the votes came from Pikmen like myself, however, not all of them did.

Some people may have been charmed by his interesting yet fun fighting style, and how strong he looks to be when people learn how to use him.

THis video if people saw it, might have changed their minds about him sucking and made them thin he was completely awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr1Rxe50qkk&NR=1

Of course, the guy playing him is not great and he could have easily won but due to some mistakes (lol plucking pikmin on the stage edge) he lost.

Twintail

Smash Cadet
Olimar, Olimar, Olimar! He's actually a tie for my favorite character (geno) but since geno ain't in brawl, Olimar is naturally gonna be my main. All the videos i've seen thus far are of him sucking, however the player using him only stands there and throws pikmin, so I'm fairly sure I can do much better. Sonic in first? I'm a bit surprised, when he was announced, there was much love, than for a while for some reason people where hating and now he's evidently back up again... Interesting.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
Diddy actually looks pretty solid coming out of the gate. So you're in luck.
Sweet. I have heard his combos are really good.

Back when DK Country came out I would always play w/ Diddy. I never used DK. Same thing happened in DK64. I am lucky to have a good Brawl character that I genuinely loved before Diddy was even confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom