• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your favorite character (or who will you main?)

Who is your favorite character so far (or who will you main?)

• Mario

Votes: 69 2.0%
  • Luigi

Votes: 85 2.4%
  • Peach

Votes: 57 1.6%
  • Bowser

Votes: 34 1.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 20 0.6%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 98 2.8%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 49 1.4%
  • Wario

Votes: 61 1.7%
  • Link

Votes: 111 3.1%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 85 2.4%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 36 1.0%
  • "Toon" Link

Votes: 124 3.5%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 117 3.3%
  • Pit

Votes: 214 6.1%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 29 0.8%
  • R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy)

Votes: 79 2.2%
  • Kirby

Votes: 78 2.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 161 4.6%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 119 3.4%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 174 4.9%
  • Fox

Votes: 75 2.1%
  • Falco

Votes: 96 2.7%
  • Wolf

Votes: 173 4.9%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 61 1.7%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 60 1.7%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 137 3.9%
  • Lucario

Votes: 158 4.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 42 1.2%
  • Marth

Votes: 169 4.8%
  • Ike

Votes: 216 6.1%
  • Ness

Votes: 56 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 110 3.1%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 48 1.4%
  • Snake

Votes: 125 3.5%
  • Sonic

Votes: 207 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
By popular demand (and quite a few "Who are YOU going to main?" threads), here is a poll to see which characters are the most popular among the SWF users. Now, less reading, more voting!

I wanted to add the Landmaster, but 35 choices is the maximum for polls (ironic, ain't it?)

tmanneopets

Smash Cadet
My three favorites are Olimar, Pit, and R.O.B. surprisingly. He's actually a really cool character and has an interesting moveset.

Max780

Smash Apprentice
Pit he is easily the best newcomer and hopefully the one I'll main.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
King DeDeDe.

This roster was perfect when DeDeDe, Ness, Wario, Toon Link, and Pikmin & Olimar were added. In fact, I wouldn't have minded if they were the only 5 characters in the game.

They kick that much ass.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Trainer for me. Not only is he the most unique character(3 in 1!), but using Charizard is a Pokemon fanboy's DREAM.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Only 1 choice?

Probably Dedede with one, but I'm dual maining R.O.B. and Dedede

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
It sickens me that people main whoever "looks the coolest" or "they like the most." It's playing style that you should main off of.

*votes for Sonic, my childhood hero*

Deception

Smash Ace
Lucario is looking very good right now, and he is one of my favorite pokemon, so I might main him. I will still second my old main Ganon, along with Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Wolf., though.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Ohhhh, close call, for me personally, my faves are:

Toon Link
ROB
Sonic
Poke'mon Trainer

Those are my faves, but I picked Sonic. :)

I'ma use all of them

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Man, picking only one was pretty difficult... out of all the characters, I really like Luigi, Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, Lucas, King Dedede and ROB.
I can't say if I can really make a good top 6 list out of such awesomeness, they are all epic in their own way.

In the end I picked Lucas. I've grown a huge love for him thanks to all the hate he's gotten from 'replacing' Ness to just being a clone of Ness... and there's all the problems he has in MOTHER 3 and the Subspace story too, he's just so adorable, I can't help but love him! Plus he's a newcomer, that gives him a bit of a more deserving vote.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Way too early to tell. Right now, I leaning towards....

Toon Link
Link
Pit
R.O.B.
Meta Knight
DeDeDe
Olimar
Fox
Wolf
C. Falcon
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Marth
Ike
Lucas
Snake
Sonic

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
I'm going to try Game and Watch and Sonic.

=]

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
every1 stop voting for sonic he is mine!! :laugh:
sonic is my favorite so i voted for him and ill use him as my char but my real power house main that i will be using when im serious, or in a competition or tournament is reserved as samus.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
:(
Sonic will win this poll. Ugh...Now I know why I didn't want Sonic in Brawl.:urg:
Anyhoo, I voted Olimar.
I just as easily could have gone with Ice Climbers, Dedede, Metaknight, Kirby, or Wolf.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Falco Lombardi. It's such a relief to see that he has some moves to call his own. And ****, are they cool.

Too bad Landmaster couldn't fit on. Landmaster IS Brawl. No doubt about that.

I'll also play a lot of Wolf, Lucario, and Marth alongside Falco.

Stealth309

Smash Apprentice
I already know I will pwn all of you with Wolf. He lives up to my expectations from Melee because he can spike people and I am 100% sure that shorthopping will still be enabled.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
I like the lovely swordsmen: Ike, Marth and Pit so i'm going to choose...

Sonic. :psycho:

Hey!! Sonic's currently in the lead by far...

"I in ur brawlz stealing ur botes, Nintendo Chars!"

Excuse me i just had to do that...

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is going to take some getting use to, and I think people are misjudging the character.

He moves fast, but his attacks are at medium speed, so he retains some power to his punch. The problem with him, is that he's SO fast it's insane. But if you master his speed, you'll be able to get yourself in range Much quicker and more efficient(It depends, I know, but in the ideal situation), than most other characters, while retaining a few Mario like "all around" attacks. That's at least what I played from E for All, and judging by the videos I'm seeing, that's the case. Sonic really isn't HUGELY popular in Japan. While his inclusion is still a big thing for some there, people are more like "Hey, that's really cool!" rather than "HOLY **** ON A STICK SANDWITCH!" so you're going to get people who look for a more viable main to vibe with.

The entire concept of this game is giving you a character you can relate to from either nostalgia or basic playstyle, and having you master a basic skill set, while using those basic skills to pull of advanced techniques. It sounds confusing, and may not make sense the way I'm explaining it at least, but hopefully it will to some. A lot of people in the U.S. relate with Sonic, and if you release this back when the DC was out in Japan,(when Sonic started to actually gain some popularity, before the PS2 stole the DC's thunder and it drooped after it's launch sales), you probably would have gotten a bigger Sonic following with character choice overseas, due to more people being attached to the character. Right now, what are you seeing? You'll see a few Captain Falcon's, and maybe a Wolf and a Fox(due to their popularity from Melee), but you're seeing a LOT of Ike's and Marth's. More Ike's than a lot of people expected. GOOD Ike's.

But that's what this game succeeds on. That's what I'm excited about. Yeah sure, no ridley or Isaac, but the character they HAVE included have wide enough appeals to be able to relate with most if not all gamers. The last game, I couldn't relate to the characters that well, as I grew up a Sega Kid. Yeah sure, Samus was cool, and I liked the Pokemon Characters(I was young. ****ing sue me.), hell, Marth and Roy had swords. But really, when I played a character, I didn't make a connection as such. This game seems different. All the characters, even mainstays, have made an even GREATER impact on gaming than before(at least most of them have), and there are characters that bring back fond memories. PT was one of them. Even Olimar and Diddy.

And Sonic. I grew up with him. And he seems to have this nack about every time he loses his footing within his history(like he did with the Saturn. Like he's been doing for a few years.) He comes back to show us that he's strong enough to stand out, and still be thought of fondly.

Sorry for the long post. I just felt like going off on a little bit of an optimistic note here, as I don't really get to say that stuff now that everything turns into a flamewar =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom