• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best Ike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_lIke

Smash Rookie
because i've heard a lot and its someone named san...?

if so can i play him/her?

EDIT: No offense to people like rykoshet, but I watched the ike combo vid and all i saw was u beating up marios and Ikes lol

Palpi

Smash Hero
1 ryko doesn't play much anymore.

2 this thread is useless and should be closed, because it brings nothing but hostility

3 WELCOME TO SMASHBOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

metroid1117

Smash Master
Welcome to the Ike boards; I hope you'll find some useful information here. The users of this board are mostly active in Ashunera's Library; if you want to ask anything, try posting there before making a new thread so we can keep the place neat. The Library is also a great way to find useful threads.

With regards to your original post, there is no title of "Best Ike" because everyone plays different people and has different tournament results. Kirk is widely recognized as the best Ike in the Midwest; as for other regions, I'm not entirely sure. Kimchi and San are both very strong Ikes on the East Coast, Bored is probably the best Ike in the South, and I'm not even sure if we still have someone repping Ike in the West Coast.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Welcome to the Ike boards; I hope you'll find some useful information here. The users of this board are mostly active in Ashunera's Library; if you want to ask anything, try posting there before making a new thread so we can keep the place neat. The Library is also a great way to find useful threads.

With regards to your original post, there is no title of "Best Ike" because everyone plays different people and has different tournament results. Kirk is widely recognized as the best Ike in the Midwest; as for other regions, I'm not entirely sure. Kimchi and San are both very strong Ikes on the East Coast, Bored is probably the best Ike in the South, and I'm not even sure if we still have someone repping Ike in the West Coast.
I would like to see some Ike game over there, indeed.

Welcome to SWF Devil Ike!

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Ignoring the fact that 1) all in all this topic is very very very ****ing stupid; 2) as a result it makes me believe it's just a lame *** troll thread; 3) It's a combo video so determining anything from it means nothing; 4) Seeing as how I already have 3 combo videos I decided to put my effort into showing as much of the other ikes as possible (to the point that 3 of the clips in that video are listed under other ike names even though theyre from my replays); 5) I've been stating that I'm not an ike main for the better part of 10 months now; 6) that I havent been a tournament player for 8 months; and 7) I haven't even been playing casually since august... I'd rather practice against PTs and marios and other people who are smart with mediocre characters than people who do dumb **** with good characters. 3 stocking a snake just means the snake is a moron. Putting the beats on meta knights (RAWR) just means your meta knights are garbs, when people wake/catch up to some very basic understandings is when **** gets real for them. The second a meta knight makes you wonder why you're even bothering with ike is when you're at a level where it matters.

Is that a mean, rude, dismissive blanket statement that's gonna make you realize I'm just a bitter prick? Likely, doesn't change that it's 100% true.

I'm more annoyed that you dropped my name at all and as a result popped up in my search to respond to relevant posts instead of the fact that you qualified your very stupid point with an even more very stupid reason.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
relax....the guy doesn't know any better...lol

he's probably just a casual ike x-x

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
You may be completely relaxed and calm when you type, but that's not the type of "relaxing" people suggest, Ryko. The guy, as Penta said, just doesn't know any better, probably. And there are better ways to make him know better.
I'm not against calling threads like this pretty dumb ideas. Not at all. But man, you've just been wailing on people and you don't care.
Just relax your posts as much as you relax yourself and we won't tell you to relax.

------------------------------

And yeah, this thread is dumb. Play with some of the Ikes, get involved in the Ike community, know what's going on. Then make your own conclusions. Don't make a thread that could potentially encourage hostility. We'll welcome you here if you do that and be chill.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
But man, you've just been wailing on people and you don't care.
Yep, **** ain't stoppin' either. Game's 2 months shy of being 2 years old for a good lot of people, tolerance for the dumb **** is in short supply.

Devil_lIke

Smash Rookie
well, i was just wondering, because i wanted to get better. no wonder people hate this game, that is a terrible attitude you have, and its too bad that you quit. if u honestly feel your really that bad then you should just stop dragging the other people who actually want to improve, down.
its not very encouraging to hear how much ike sucks... my first thread too. people like u who constantly diss their char arent really a help

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
that is a terrible attitude you have, and its too bad that you quit. if u honestly feel your really that bad then you should just stop dragging the other people who actually want to improve, down.
Ryko, I'll handle it.

Rykoshet didn't suck and didn't think he sucked. He didn't quit playing competitively because he thought he was bad and couldn't handle being bad. And he doesn't want other people not to improve. He's just terribly blunt about one fact that we should all know and accept.
Step 1 to becoming good with a low tier character: Realize that there is reason for the tier placement. Realize that Ike is not a good character.

And I'm sorry to say it, but it's true. Ike is not a good character. And if you beat an MK or something, well, the MK is obviously under your skill level.

So don't retort like that. He's telling the truth. And don't assume things about him or anyone else.

Ryko-- I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said. Be lighter, tell the truth, but not in such an abrasive fashion, blah blah blah. You've heard it already.

Now. Let's be friends and shut up and have a cold one.

Devil_lIke

Smash Rookie
lol, i didnt mean to cause any arguments but everyone really underestimates ike. i kno i havent played a lot of mks but its not THAT hard to recover, we're not link people

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
lol, i didnt mean to cause any arguments but everyone really underestimates ike. i kno i havent played a lot of mks but its not THAT hard to recover, we're not link people
If you don't thinks hard to recover against MK, you're playing scrub MKs.

We may not be Link, but we're barely better recovery wise. It's like

Worse:
1)Olimar
2)Ivysaur
3)Link
4)Ganondorf
5)Ike
6)Falcon

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
everyone really underestimates ike.
Actually it's the other way around unfortunately. People who don't play at a competitive level overestimate Ike, because at a casual level where everybody sucks, he's not really that much worse than any other character. Fact is, when you get people who know how to use high tier characters to their full potential, Ike becomes less and less viable.

If you want to be an Ike main, it's something you'll have to live with. If you don't think you can live with it... main MK.

:034:

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Actually it's the other way around unfortunately. People who don't play at a competitive level overestimate Ike, because at a casual level where everybody sucks, he's not really that much worse than any other character.
Especially when Brawl first came out, when pretty much everyone was still a scrub. Ike was considered really overpowered simply because he's ridiculously strong and has incredible melee range.

Then most people realized he's slow, easily punishable and gimped, and definitely not overpowered.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
The worst thing is when people call Ike cheap because he can get alot of damage of one jab or have a nasty read with one of his smash attacks and kill early.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Social thread please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom