• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is registered for EVO?

Revven

FrankerZ
I wanna see a head count. Who has registered for EVO? The price has already gone up and there IS a cap. If you want to secure your spot, you best do it within the month. Don't know much about EVO? prog made an important thread about everything you need to know about EVO.

Read here

I implore every top player to register now if you have the cash. We put 94k in donations to make SSBM there and none of you guys wanna support it? What the ****? Get your asses in gear.

Ken is going to EVO, do you not want to play him one last time before he's out of the community/tournaments for good? I thought people were hyped to be able to play Ken at such a big event. What about the chance of expanding our community and showing what our game is about? You're not going to be doing that if you don't show up and bring your all, showing the top of the top.

Register ASAP or get left behind.

http://evo.shoryuken.com/register/

If you're still not clear on how the EVO ruleset/format is, you can read this for clarification on it as it's been a format they've been using since 2011.

Edit:

RSVP in the EVO tourney thread PLEASE, it takes literally only a couple of seconds. Thank you.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Posted reserved to list registered players.

Trihex (the most technical Yoshi in Yoshi's Island history)
Ken
Hungrybox
Scar
Strong Bad
Juggleguy
Fuzzyness
BBQ
Mattdotzeb
Reno
Swiftbass
King Funk
Jolteon
Rh1thmz
Trademark
DickChang
Madra Rua
BertBusDriver
Yakal
RustyShacklefurd
Lovage
Ripple
Dart
Eikelmann
Redd
Cyrain
Chillin
S.D.
Navn
Tomber
Jonas
Mew2King
Fly Amanita
Nine (+1 other)
Faty

Judges:
ChiboSempai

In Attendance:
prog

Revven

FrankerZ
do we know what the player cap is?
That's the thing, we don't have that information and I don't know if Mr.Wizard or the Cannons have even divulged that yet. Last year they had an upwards of over a thousand or more players. But that's what makes registering NOW so crucial.

Stop being lazy Smashers. You CAN'T be lazy for EVO.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I really hope people step it up, this isn't your average tournament hosted by TOs you personally know

Revven

FrankerZ
Need to see/hear from more people. This is looking mighty sad if there's less than 30 Smashers registered right now.

If you're part of a region's facebook group, it would be great if you posted a link to this thread.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Myself and Rustyshacklefurd are registered.
I also believe most of Washington (Silentwolf, bladewise, etc) are registered as well. Not 100% on that.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
This tread is nice but I think it's be better for people to go RSVP in the Evo thread.

Thing is, while people may not have posted, it seems like a lot of people are going...just not being vocal about it. The only real issue is this player cap, I didn't know that existed although I suppose its just the maximum capacity of the halls and considering they have more games than usual and a lot of new games having side tournies they may actually hit that cap.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^this
get people to RSVP to evo rather than post here

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
me, Dart, and Eiklemann are registered

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I'm going to register and buy my ticket in the next few days!

EDIT: I also know for a fact both Cyrain and Chillin are going.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Have you been reminding anyone around you about registering? And, on another note, what about any East Coasters to register for Toryuken 2?
Yea, but they're lazy. idk who is reg'd besides me and m2k, but I know others are going.
No idea about Toryuken, I haven't been following. I'd be lying if I wasn't the slightest bit salty about Winter Brawl 7 to an extent.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Our community registers on the last possible day. All someone needs to do is make up an end date, and we'll get 300 people overnight.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Our community registers on the last possible day. All someone needs to do is make up an end date, and we'll get 300 people overnight.
The fact that this is true is both hilarious and sad at the same time. You spent this much money to get this opportunity. Dont let it go to wwaste

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
We sniping...though I did find out the date is actually June 30th and with a lot more people saying they're going I'm feeling good about this.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
It'll be my first time going to EVO. Pretty Hyped always wanted to go since the last time Melee was at Evo!
put up a poll asking who has registered!
but yea it'll be My Bro, a friend and I that have registered already from south Texas and Mexico ;)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Fun fact, the Evo 2007 east qualifier was my first OOS tournament and one of my first tournaments period (first three). This is quite the throwback for me. I freicken loved the event too.

Handorin

Smash Hero
What's the availability of friendlies going to be like, and do I really have to pay a spectator pass if I only go for a day? I'll be out west, but I don't know what my schedule will allow yet. So I may or may not register.

Top Bottom