• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is going to play Yoshi??

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
It's really time consuming, as spaces are needed in betwen them, it can't be cut off, and if you spell it wrong it takes forever to figure out which is which. Yea, I must have been REALLY bored.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I will probably play as Yoshi, even though he lost his DJC, he recieved other buffs, such as a third jump, better bair, better egg roll. However, with all the other characters receiving major buffs as well, I wouldn't be suprised if he is on the southern end of the tier list:(, but you never know, since pretty much everyone stayed away from Yoshi at E4ALL, since he lost his DJC, so there may be some new buffs to him that we just haven't discovered yet.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Yoshi may be my third or one of my mains. We can leave it to yoshi to jumpstart the funfactor :D Yoshis fun factor is off the charts n.n

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I only play Yoshi on party games. :(

He feels weird to me in Melee. But with Brawl and a new viewpoint I might more than I used to.

-Onyx

Fen

Smash Rookie
Ugh! I am torn from all the different characters that there are now. I grew up on Kid Icarus, mained with Yoshi in Smash 64 and mained with Peach in melee. I am just so torn! I also have an issue with using a character that everyone else uses.. Hehe.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Ugh! I am torn from all the different characters that there are now. I grew up on Kid Icarus, mained with Yoshi in Smash 64 and mained with Peach in melee. I am just so torn! I also have an issue with using a character that everyone else uses.. Hehe.
What are you talking about, a lot of people main Peach in Melee.

Fen

Smash Rookie
Well, when tournaments were still new and I when I went to the first couple of BIG nyc tourns I was usually the only peach. THEN she became big.. .. I MADE her big! haha no, kidding on the last part. You know, then when I did notice more peaches, I started to not like her as much. =/ I got to get over that.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
That's weird to me. If Yoshi grew as popular as in Melee, I would still use him as much as I do right now. You shouldn't let other people's thoughts judge who you play with. :p

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
That's weird to me. If Yoshi grew as popular as in Melee, I would still use him as much as I do right now. You shouldn't let other people's thoughts judge who you play with. :p
I know. Its not a good thing.
It's not. Don't let anyone tell you who to play as, or decide to play a character because people play them or not. You can be inspired to play a character after watching someone, but the sheer fact of them playing he/she/it should not influence you.

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
but does the character change when they are played more. in addition to changing metagame. part of the allure of a low tier character is that they are new frontiers to be explored and discovered. as more and more people play these characters, this aspect of a character changes drastically. if the character changes for you, imo its fine to move onto someone else.

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Nice thread you have here. Yoshi is going to be a beast. Dragon FS is going to a fun way to kill knocked away opponents. Gonna enjoy fighting as him, as well all the characters in brawl. Who knows who's gonna show up. Hopefully, we can all find a place to trade wii codes. If you want to, please save me as a friend and leave me your wii code in a note. I'll reply with my code.

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
I hear so many cool new people and hopefully better veterans i can't choose either but yoshi is up there along side DK, Diddy, Wario and DDD. Errrrrr i cant choose one to use most i used DK and Yoshi about the same in melee

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Too bad Yoshi is like going to be the least used character according to this other thread. Oh well, at least now us Yoshi mainers can rejoice and completely annhiliate the other characters :D!
Remember this motto:
If you can't beat it, eat it.

Lazylen

Smash Rookie
As my favorite nintendo character (aside from Gooey, but he isn't in the game, unfortunately), I'd be ashamed to not use Yoshi. Doesn't matter how good/bad he is, I'm using him. :)

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
As my favorite nintendo character (aside from Gooey, but he isn't in the game, unfortunately), I'd be ashamed to not use Yoshi. Doesn't matter how good/bad he is, I'm using him. :)
Yea, lol it's the same for me (if it weren't for Yoshi, Mario would have never grown into the famous plumber he is now).

No Name

Smash Rookie
Too bad Yoshi is like going to be the least used character according to this other thread. Oh well, at least now us Yoshi mainers can rejoice and completely annhiliate the other characters :D!
Remember this motto:
If you can't beat it, eat it.
I don't think Yoshi is going to be overlooked by others,
I always thought Tiers showed who was the most popular character used...
Correct me, If I'm wrong.

I have so many Mains this time around :laugh:

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I have always mained yoshi (despite my name).

I kinda prefer him being an unpopular character. It's annoying when half the people you meet play the same person (eg. marth or sheik). You get the element of surprise at least. :)

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I actually like the fact that Yoshi is uncommonly used. In a tournament I played in a long time ago, I was facing a good marth that was beating my Luigi and IC's. Used Yoshi on him, and completely caught him off guard.
Bottom tier is the new black :D.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Yoshi's taunts alone make me want to play him from time to time.

He's too darn cute x]

Top Bottom