• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is going to play Yoshi??

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I'll try him out, but theres alot of new characters I want to try

I mained him in melee but I thought he was lacking

Dargum

Smash Rookie
i always liked yoshi ever since super mario world. the first time i saw him in n64 smash i knew who i had to pic. same in melee, same in brawl. he just has that suppoprting character goodness:)

yoshi FTW my first main 2!!!!!!!!!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I will use Yoshi. Since he does not DJC, it will be uncertain if he will be my main, especislly with Snake on the horizon. Anyway, I hope the range for DJC tradeoff works decently.

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
yoshi may be my best secondary, sonic has gotta be my main, ive wanted to play him for so long now. i love yoshi to death tho so he will def. be one of my best characters especially with that final smash of his.

bigman40

Smash Master
yeah thats where all the hype is going to now. everyone wants to play sonic, metaknight, or snake. I'm going to do the same i have always done, play my first versus match with mario, then play every other character

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
I have, and always will be a Yoshi fan, DJC loss does not scare me in the least, I had some pretty competitive styles that hopefully are playable that didn't include wavedashing or DJC

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I is goin to be Yoshi because he is my favorite nintendo charater, along with Ridley.
Lizards ftw.

royinator

Smash Cadet
umm... i'll be too busy trying to think of someone else to main?
i'm really don't know who to main
1st it was ike but now i'm not too sure

Chepe

Smash Lord
Hell yeah, I mained him in Melee, and I will try to in Brawl. Im already thinking up of new ways to use him judging from E for All vids and reports.

For those fearing the loss of DJCing, perhaps it may turn out for the better! Picture Yoshi doing an uair right after a double jump. He would smack them up and then follow with the momentum of the second jump so you can land another hit or two! What if you can double jump uair right into a dair? Its a crazy idea, but one possible with double jump canceling gone. Nobody was playing Yoshi right at E for All, so we really dont know his potential yet...

Oh, and Edge Egging looks to be a lot more viable also, with that lift he gets. And getting back to the stage with an Up B holds a lot of promise (use it when you are in perfect range and you will get an Egg to protect you as Yoshi pops toward the edge).

I seriously cant wait to experiment with Yoshi's new properties once the game's out...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Hm, and I just thought of another possible tactic: Using his second jump near the ground and doing a fair to get a grounded character up in the air and using the momentum of the second jump to catch them in midair for a nair or uair hit? Yes please!

Mr1337

Smash Cadet
I used Yoshi lots in 64 but I couldn't stand his nerfs in Melee. I think I'll give him chance for a while in Brawl.

I love I upB and I hope they didn't mess with it too much. I'm a good shot with the eggs to the point where I can kind of camp with it (not really). His FS looks like one of the better ones too.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I'll play as Yoshi.

I'm unsure if I'll Main him though.

only because of the sole fact that the other characters have yet to be announced.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'll play Yoshi :p

But not as my main. I'll play him because I like him and because I'll play as everyone in Smash ^.^
Sometimes I play as one character and during a match I want to play as a different one, because I like the playstyle of a other one^^

spindash

Smash Ace
It's a fresh new start in Super Smash Bros. Brawl; and I have every intention of capitalizing on that. Sonic the Hedgehog will be my main character, with a couple of secondary characters to fall back on which WILL include Yoshi.

Yoshi's my favorite Nintendo character of all time, I'm going to make a rather big effort to show just how awesome he really is. ^____^

metayoshi

Smash Cadet
I started playing Yoshi without knowledge of DJC'ing until very recently actually, so I don't think I'll be affected that much when Brawl comes out.

I've always been a Yoshi fan, so he'll still be my main in this one.

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
I will use Yoshi for sureas my main. And can someone explain me what the DJC really did? I don't have melee and I would like to know.
DJC: when you are in your double jump, you can use an aerial attack and cancel the jump. Quite useful..

I love yoshi. His taunt sounds so funny, and when you kill someone with yoshi, there is just nothing to be said. A green, happy dinosaur with bright red shoes killing you? If you play fox or sheik, I mean, you just have to sit there and think, I just got beat by a yoshi.. I quit smash.. etc.
Yoshi is awesome.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I always wanted to get really good with Yoshi, but I'm only fairly good with him. I suicide so much with him, it's a shame.

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
I had him mained in melee, so I'll naturally want to try him out in Brawl.

Top Bottom