• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is going to play Yoshi??

Zelda Master

Smash Journeyman
I love Yoshi! :D

I might occasionally play as that character, but Zelda is definetely my main.

Yo'ster

Smash Rookie
I started with Yoshi in the original SSB and I'll stick with him through Brawl. However, this time around I'm going to go ahead and spend some more time with other characters. The more you understand your opponents, the easier it will be to defeat them. That, and Meta Knight is just pure awesome.

Not playing as a character on the top of the tier list is half the fun. When you defeat an opponent, they have nothing to do but admit defeat to the demon in the red boots. Now I just need to improve my egg toss accuracy to its previous level.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
Oh course I'll play as Yoshi! :)
He was my main in Melee, after all.

spindash

Smash Ace
Of course I will use Yoshi. The essence of the character is at an all-time high and he can only become better in Brawl. Yoshi forever.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i play yoshi for one reason. i love the character. when i rid him in super mario world.... it was magic....

yeah he is my favourite character. i don't really like his moves as much as mewtwos but he will always be my main next to mewtwo

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi deserves another chance, his nerfs are made up for, I mean his up B isn't great, but it's good enough to... well, as Sakurai said, give him a hearty welcome.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I will definitely play Yoshi. I don't care how bad people say he is, but Yoshi has always been a fun character to use.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Nobody will ever take my Yoshi away from me. He is my old school main always and forever. I just hope he has a black and a white color option (even more neat would be that I have to unlock them!).

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
he will probably be my secondary, like in the past games...

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
I loved using yoshi oh he was fun, but was DJC really good, i nevered used a it killed me most of the time as he just fell with no real good help, but I still kicked butt with him.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Yoshi was not one of my most used in Melee, but I did enjoy all his alternative colors. It'd be cool if he had another Yoshi rep. I'd like Birdo for Yoshi, but I dont see him getting any other representatives for the series.

I consider him mostly a Mario rep anyways.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'll definatelly use Yoshi. He was one of my mains in melee, so I think he'll be one of my mains in brawl.

Fiorekid2

Smash Rookie
i am deffinitly gonna play yoshi. He is my all time favorite character. His smash move doesnt look all that offensive but who cares about that it is very easy to dodge the smash moves. But if your gonna play yoshi you might wanna try to find a second character because he will get boring after a while. And i have most sadly found out that yoshi is in the bottom tier of the ladder. Thats the lowest one but he is number one in the tier so theres an upside. =]

KYLE FIORE

Fawriel

Smash Master
My relationship with Yoshi keeps going up and down for some reason, but lately, my interest in him has grown strong again. He's just too **** cute, isn't he?
So, he's one of the handful of characters I might consider maining...

And for the record, one of the heroes of a webcomic I'm going to draw is a semi-pro who mains the dark blue and light blue Yoshi!

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Yoshi is my favorite, I will definitely use him no matter what basically, I only have one basic enemy who is hard to beat sometimes which is Marth. Marth drives me crazy. I beat very hard mode in adventure and classic with Yoshi in melee. YOSHI CAN KILL ANYONE!!!

RaymanFan3

Smash Rookie
I played Yoshi in Melee and the only thig I had problems with him was recovery every once in a while. I will play him off and on but probly more than melee because i herd that he recovers a little when the throws an egg in the air.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to using him. I enjoy using him in Melee, even though he doesn't do well against the top tiers. He looks changed for the better. It's also rumered that he can WD! However, I believe we won't truly know until the tenth of February.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yoshi Still Can't Jump Out Of Shield So Therefore He Still Sucks.
Well That's Just Too Bad Isn't It.

Hrmph. What would his options be anyway? His up-smash isn't fast enough to be a safer option than rolling, dodging or grabbing, and wavedashing doesn't exist anymore.
Don't get hit. Period.

Fawriel

Smash Master
For some reason, not being able to jump out of Yoshi's shield never really hindered my gameplay. I still kicked anyone's butt with him. :/
Out of curiousity, what skill level do you consider yourself?

The way I see it, most people calling Yoshi a crappy character are getting far ahead of themselves, because that should only be the case at a pretty high level of play. When you're playing on a pro level, almost every opponent you encounter has some sort of SHL or other tricks that force you to go defensive, and if your opponent is really good, you'll avoid a zero-death combo only if you have some brilliant means of counterattacking.

But most people aren't pros. As long as your opponent isn't someone who's suddenly behind your neck to slit your throat if you blink for too long, Yoshi is actually pretty good due to his combos and mobility. His weaknesses mostly lie in his defense thanks to the weird shield and his abusable recovery...

Of course, I'm just a bloody amateur, so I might as well be completely wrong.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I consider myself a pretty good player, perhaps not a pro, but certainly not an amateur either. Yoshi isn't my best character though, that spot belongs to Marth. But I've never lost with either of them so far. But maybe that's because I never really had much competition, as I can beat everyone I know with my worst characters and still keep at least 4 lives out of 10. =/

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Man, I wish Fumi still played. He's what inspired me to use the character at all. He showed me that Yoshi has incredible potential, and used in the right way, is almost unstoppable. He lost very few matches against top or high tier characters.
Besides from that, I will agree that Yoshi does have terrible defence, and the lack of third jump doesn't help. However, it looks like some of these things have been changed...for the better. I can't way to use this "new" Yoshi in Brawl.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I've mained yoshi almost exclusively since 64 and melee, he'll always be my main! :)

But I plan to play with alot of characters this time, Yoshi will always be my number 1 though.

Its weird he could jump out of his shield in 64, wish it just wouldve stayed. But I guess thats what he gets for the shield being all around him, making it alot harder to break from attacks because it dosent get smaller. :)

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
jumping out of his shield doesn't break his gameplay. And yoshi hasn't been nerfed, he's better. His smashes are a lot more powerful, his eggs are still edge-cancelled, and his up-b gets height. And he probably has some outrageous new colors, like salmon and celadon..

Yoshi/DarkPit Dude

Smash Rookie
Heck yes! I'm maining Yoshi! He's my favorite Mario character and he originated out of my favorite game! And his FS = Pwnsome. I'm so gonna main Yoshi! I don't care if he sucks or not I'm still gonna main him no matter what tier he ends up in.

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
im probably gona main yoshi, i have mained him for the simple fact that he is yoshi since 64. i need to feel them out but i think i will main him. maybe someone who is yet to be announced, if i like them better though, luigi is always possible

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
It's great to see other fans... *sigh* I'm glad you all have as much interest in him as me.

Actually, I have more interest in maining him:
:yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:
:yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:
:yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:
:yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:
I would so be posting a million of these here right now if it wouldn't cause lag or something. :laugh: And yeah, it is good to see other Yoshi players. I doubt they'll be as rare as Wario players though! :yoshi:
..yeah, and now I saw there's a limit to 100 icons per post, so I couldn't post a million anyway. XD

Top Bottom