• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is going to play Yoshi??

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
Mained Yoshi in 64, mained him in Melee... Yeah, I guess I'm gonna main Yoshi in Brawl, too.

His buffs look great, I have one qualm about the new Yoshi though. It looks like they have limited the range and options you had with eggs in Melee. (e.g., hitting far below you)

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Mained Yoshi in 64, mained him in Melee... Yeah, I guess I'm gonna main Yoshi in Brawl, too.

His buffs look great, I have one qualm about the new Yoshi though. It looks like they have limited the range and options you had with eggs in Melee. (e.g., hitting far below you)
Yea, but it was difficult to accomplish that anyways (especially on a Fox). I think it was a nice sacrifice to gain the third jump.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
It's just a persons preference in color really, I can see people choosing Link now because of his Dark Link costume too. Same could go for Yoshi. I think it's nonsense too, but hey, not everyone's the same.

park5150

Smash Ace
Yeah, well, I mained him in melee for two years. But now, there are new characters and new colors, so i want to use someone who i like the best. So all you guys might even use yoshi. like, what if he is the bottom of the bottome teir.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, well, I mained him in melee for two years. But now, there are new characters and new colors, so i want to use someone who i like the best. So all you guys might even use yoshi. like, what if he is the bottom of the bottome teir.
We (or at least I) have researched every aspect of Yoshi in Brawl, and have come to the conclusion that Yoshi WILL NO LONGER BE BOTTOM TIER. That is proven as a fact. Oh, and don't believe the guy's Brawl impressions in the General Brawl Discussion, as he's just blowing smoke. Almost every negative thing he said about Yoshi is false. However, the positive things had said are true. :)

Sharky

Smash Master
just realized I haven't said anything here yet.

I'm playing yoshi! =P

The lack of new colors sucks a bit yeah, but I the shades are different, and thus I have chosen to switch from dark to light blue. lol

I don't like tiers, but if it were to come down to it, I'd put yoshi a little above where he is in melee. Probably mid tier. Very respectable, indeed. So don't worry about that. Besides, we've had to deal with being called one of "the worst" for a while now, so who cares what other people think? =)

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I think Yoshi's Dark Blue costume is awesome!
Black and white would have been awesome, but hey, yoshi is top tier when it comes to costumes, they had to nerf him a bit.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
I think Yoshi's Dark Blue costume is awesome!
Black and white would have been awesome, but hey, yoshi is top tier when it comes to costumes, they had to nerf him a bit.
The devolpers thought it was fair to nerf Yoshi in colors because he was too good. No character can be perfect. lol jk Yoshi in Middle Tier is fine (Captain Falcon WAS in Middle Tier, and he was fine).

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I second mained Yoshi for a while in Melee, and I've been considering it for Brawl. It's a toss up right now between him, Young Link and Olimar. But young Link feels more overpowered than he does strong, and I find myself playing defensive waiting for Pikmin to bloom when playing Olimar.

I've always enjoyed playing Yoshi and it feels like he might be balanced enough in Brawl to warrant seriously maining him.

invertedkaos

Smash Cadet
I'm seriously considering doing Yoshi as my main. I've been Yoshi since the release of the original, and its a character I know well.

That being said though, Wario looks pretty good as well. Maybe I'll sub out the two.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Me not playing Yoshi would be like...something normal not happening...>.<

But yeah, I'll definitely play him. My main? I don't know, we'll see how fun he is.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
I am gonna Main Yoshi and when I get Uber with him I'm gonna destroy all those tier Nazis and Yoshi haters until they Q_Q RAGE QUIT and kill them selves cause they suck

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
I am gonna Main Yoshi and when I get Uber with him I'm gonna destroy all those tier Nazis and Yoshi haters until they Q_Q RAGE QUIT and kill them selves cause they suck
:confused: um... I think winning a tournament is enough, lol...?

True Fool

Smash Ace
Yes, I will play as Yoshi. But more likely than not, I will not main him. As far as veterans go, I am very happy with the new Ness and Sheik(not a cheating b*tch anymore). And I really want to play as Ike, ZSS, and Snake.

Yoshi has always been one of my preferred bottom-tiers of Melee, and while I don't think I'll be maining him, I'm sure I'll still love playing as him.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Passion like this is rare to find these days.

I applaud you, sir.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
Shiri, I'm afraid you're mistaking passion with plain and simple spite.
Lol the kill them selves thing was kind of a joke :p but any way I have used Yoshi for all of Melee
even when my friends said "Hey you will lose if you use him" and really all and all I want to show people what A real Yoshi player can do so people will get off his back (get it lol) I mean Yoshi get so much crap just because a few techs were taken away from him people just need to realize it takes time for people to become good and learn new thing that make him great like in melee with him not 3 weeks. I know when I get good I am going to start up open challenges to face my Yoshi Win or Lose I don't care

I hope they do at least Q_Q RAGE QUIT though :)

bigman40

Smash Master
heh, nothing won't stop me from playing yoshi. Many people haven't realized the fact that it takes a certain amount of time to get good with a character. Becoming the best is realizing what weaknesses your character has and finding a way to turn them into a strength. Heck, we all know that yoshi's egg roll sucked in melee (for atking). Yet, I still found a way to use it sparingly at least. I may be ranting, but I just hate the fact that people don't give things a chance before they write things off so quickly.

Tanea

Smash Ace
i can't believe i haven't posted yet omg i will play yoshi and peach i just love them both:):):):))

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
And I'll be there to laugh when your plan dies in your face as you lose to a Yoshi Hater/Nazi.:laugh:

Luz

Smash Apprentice
Me! Me! I love playing with Yoshi, he was so good in Melee! Plus, it'll be fun to have a wacky character as a main, since everyone will be going Fox, or Diddy, or one of the other high tier guys.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I think the question should be who isn't going to play yoshi? He's nimble, strong, sexy, and a dynamite guy. And my friends knowing that he's on the bottom tier of melee (highest on the bottom tier, but still) and me ****** them with him only made them despise the little dragasuar more and more. and now in brawl that his B attacks were finally improved (the egg throw can save a yoshi life!, the egg roll is actually worth using now that it can cancel out attacks, yoshi bomb hit em up into the initial bomb when used on ground) so he should be a good all around character and better than before (which is good, but wasn't necessary if you could play him effectively =P)

Metzger

Smash Apprentice
I'll definitely play as Yoshi in Brawl.

I personally have always felt that Yoshi was underrated in Melee, and his improvements in Brawl should prove to make him at least competitive.

I'm not sure he's going to be my outright main or anything, but you'll see a lot of him in my play time.

When I get home tonight I'll throw my Wii code out so people can add me, I'm sure I'll be on Wi-Fi at some point on Monday.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
i love yoshi so i'll try and play the guy
he looks much better and he can fly!

Original 8! .......

Top Bottom