• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who in NC still cares about Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
clow you have overlooked a small yet important detail

i still care about brawl
i guess, as much as i normally do
stingers you just in an mood atm or wha?

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
sgf there are actually a good amount of brawl tournaments...but nobody wants to get better and nobody has fun while playing it anymore (allegedly) so i just don't know how much longer it'll last

The bolded statement sums up why I stopped playing Melee. As a player, getting railed by the same top tier characters at each tournament isn't fun, and it makes me believe that Melee only has four characters on the select screen - Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik. Also, when doing decent in a match, hearing noobs cry "Marth is so cheap!" is annoying as ****, especially when they either ran away or projectile spammed the whole match.

As a TO, it got annoying to hear about how this person cheated because "they just grabbed me a lot and didn't let me hit them," or "you intentionally placed me against Chuk/Ali/anyone in PR because you know how good they are!" or "he's wavedashing, that **** should be illegal, you should disqualify them!"

Brawl, meanwhile, I feel like I'm getting better with everyone else because I was in the tourney scene when the game came out. I enjoy Brawl more than nearly any other game out there, including Melee. I just don't have the money to make it to more scenes/tourneys, and the whole crew decided to stop playing in favor of Tekken 6, BlazBlue, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, DDR, and pretty much any other game that's not Smash.

Now that I have a job, I'm going to start making it to more scenes. Count on it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
nick, that's awesome....i wish more people were motivated like you. that sucks you lost your local crew.

DJRome

Smash Hero
sounds like a typical noob in any game. basically, people cop to of melee because they think it'll be too much work. well, if you don't want to put in the work, don't expect the results. so play brawl. it's okay that it's not as competitive but as long as you have fun, w/e

Keith_Da_Thief

Smash Journeyman
its agreed that melee is more competitive, but there is no man that can say brawl isnt a competitive game. if theirs a community for it... there is a competitive seen, regardless if the **** is hello kitty ( if helo kitty was a fighting game)

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i'm not even that good lol, honestly I think if I make it out of pools at Pound4 that'll be as good as I do. I dont get enough practice and I'm not smart enough to compete at a high level. anyway,
and this kid wants to be on the south crew for brawl? LOL

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Looks like someone has to STACK IT UP.

@Stingers: Thanks, man. I wasn't amazing there, but it was a step in the right direction.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Tbh, I'd rather put in the work to improve in Melee or B+. I'm a fairly vain person, and I like for improvement to literally be visible. Improving in Brawl stops to look significantly more impressive immediately after the point in which you no longer commonly make technical errors. It doesn't stop getting fun to play (without some Melee, B+ or 64 breaks lol) though, and it's still exciting to notice improvements in prediction, spacing, or matchup knowledge, which are really the only areas where it's possible to improve in Brawl.

Just like I really wouldn't want to split myself by choosing multiple mains, since I feasibly only started taking Brawl seriously about a half year ago, and Melee and B+ a little more than a month ago (though I have learned an immense amount of information regardless), I would really like to fully devote myself to improvement at one game.

In the meantime, since I do not see much competitive potential in Brawl, I will learn Metaknight, for no other reason than his high learning to ****** ratio. He's actually really fun to play too, surprising. I thought it would get old to gay people to death over and over and over again, but it really doesn't.

EDIT:

@Uncle: Bro we still have to team for the next Stacks man. I'm freaking excited for that shiz.

Rayku

Smash Lord
i'm not even that good lol, honestly I think if I make it out of pools at Pound4 that'll be as good as I do. I dont get enough practice and I'm not smart enough to compete at a high level.
So it was just an elaborate plot to try and destroy the South's Brawl Crew Battle?

For shame, stingers.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I still play Brawl a whole at NCSU in between classes. There are some really good players that have been to a few tournaments but don't post on Smash Boards at all.

Fritz (Diddy), Paii (DDD), and Clsda (ROB) are a few players I play with very often. Keith even comes down to play with us.

@Stingers-Noting your comment about Flamy and SOS a few pages ago: They aren't going "pro" or even trying to get competitive in FPS's. Modern Warfare 2 is a horrible game to play competitively until they patch some broken components of gameplay. They just don't like playing Brawl because my Snake scares them away.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
There are a lot of good Brawl players. The top players in Brawl just look very different from how they looked a month ago. If you're feeling lonely, stop looking so hard for familiar names on the Brawl bracket, and start paying attention to who's winning now. It's not like they're worse than the people who have quit, either. Duo beat PP, as I recall, and pretty much owns the **** out of most NC Smashers that I'm aware of.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Brawl is whatever to me now. It can still be fun at times but I just have way more fun playing brawl+ and its also a better more balanced game so I no reason to put time into brawl.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Everyone gets mad, not just the badies. Name another player that likes to play against my Falco.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
hey, stingers. just because i prefer melee that doesn't mean i don't care about brawl. i also always work so i don't make tournaments, melee or otherwise. also, i don't get good practice like at all so i'm terrible.

Turnip T

Smash Cadet
Can we just accept the fact that NC is turning into a Melee state and stop trying to hype a game that doesn't count?

~ Dark Hart

Jon?

Smash Champion
Keith doesn't really have issues with playing gay. And I don't think Foxy really cares.

People john too much x_x
Keith QQs about my Falco all the time. Notice the quote in my sig. I don't quote funny sarcastic comments, I quote angry and serious responses to my Falco. Foxy doesn't care because he hasn't played against my Falco in singles.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Keith QQs about my Falco all the time. Notice the quote in my sig. I don't quote funny sarcastic comments, I quote angry and serious responses to my Falco. Foxy doesn't care because he hasn't played against my Falco in singles.
Keith also plays 3 of the gayest characters in the game, and he's practically maining one of the ultragayest characters in the game.

:wario: is in a gay class all on his own.

EDIT: Lol, I was going to cite Paii as not really hate gay tactics but he hates being chaingrabbed, despite playing DDD x_x

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
I still care about Brawl, and will be playing it as long as everybody else is.

As for other fighting games, who wants to help Mullins and I establish Blazblue Continuum Shift as an NC standard?

Oh, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom too, that game would be great if we got a scene for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom