• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who in NC still cares about Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If you are honestly impressed by anything they are doing in the WOMBO combo, then you really haven't seen very much of Melee combos. That combo is very easy, not that creative, and was 2 on 1. NOT ONLY is that combo incredibly unimpressive, but it can actually be done as a true combo IN BRAWL is that tells you anything. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi3bi5WfwXA

the only illegit part is the shine to upsmash, but Falcon could have grabbed him during to make that happen.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Crashic is right about the wombo feature.

It was standard material brought up to higher plateau via major hype.

Sorta like HERB 2 melee doubles finals. Nothing amazing going on - but **** yeah did we enjoy screaming our lungs out.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
That combo in brawl sucked. Nothing like the melee wombo combo. At least team attack was turned on in melee if they had played with team attack on in brawl it wouldn't have even happened. Brawl will never be as hype as melee the end!

:mad:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
DAM RIGHT!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ain't got nuffin' on Melee! Just playd Zoink0rz DE UTTER DAY!

BOY! I swear. I duwnst0mped dis guy in both MELEE and bawrl

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::mad::mad::laugh::laugh:

Let me tell yu - Mele has sum o duh best DAHN STUMBIN I have eva SEEN! Barfl DQWNSTQMP wuzz like fluffin a chop o' slop. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rayku

Smash Lord
Brawl sucks play Melee.

Unless you play Lucario/Ike

Actually, scratch that. Only Ike.

Oh yeah, the Wombo Combo in Brawl is definitely escapable. Whoever told you otherwise is -dead- wrong LOL

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Ok so when Dr. Neo takes the time to actually read other people's posts and respond then you know there are words to be said. I hate to be mean, but I agree with Stingers whole heartedly. Crashic, some of the things you have said are borderline ********. You said that melee combos are borring, and that they take no skill. Are you serious right now? I'll use Adam (lozr) as my example. He has spent countless hours on melee, I'm talking countless. He doesn't practice brawl. Not at all. He still goes to tournament and wins or places in them. Maybe not big but he could be a top player by just playing at tournaments. Now for the next part saying combos are borring and take no skill. ARE YOU SERIOUS?! He is easily the flashiest player I have ever seen play. Its fun to watch. He brings hype to the game. Why do you think NC is as pumped at tournaments as they are? When he and PP play teams together there is non stop yelling, cheering, helping, joking, and FUN! They enjoy watching this kid play. He shows his skills that he had to practice for, and people love it.

Now I'm not saying that that other game (brawl or something?) doesn't take skill cause it does, but I'm going to go ahead and say this, brawl is like working on a math problem, you gotta be patient, know the formula, and then you can get the answer. Its so slow and thats why it didnt last MLG, and thats why theres no hype, and thats why there is this argument right now. Kids like you really should't say things that are so untrue its less intelligent than an opinion. Get a clue kid.

p.s. I love pp, and stingers, and adam, and all my other fellow NC smashers. Gosh I miss you guys.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Crashic, some of the things you have said are borderline ********. You said that melee combos are borring, and that they take no skill. Are you serious right now?
First off,
1. Yes, combos are very boring, they have a set outcome. I'm sorry, but I do not enjoy watching a movie when I know how its going to end unless the person messes up.
2. I said that WOMBO COMBO took no skill. NOT combos in general, I even said that take indiviual skill.

He is easily the flashiest player I have ever seen play.
Flash does not equal fun to me. I'd rather have depth than Flash. **** flash, I want to Sagat's having a Tiger Shot duel, using two different strategies in an attempt to get in on each other. THAT makes my hand stand on its edge. Combos are incredibly boring, its like watching a do fancy moves against a sandbag.

Also, you seem to forget that entertainment IS NOT abosulte. To me, watching a combo that last more than 4 moves is just incredibly boring to me. This is probably why when I do play Melee I'm only using Jiggs or Ganon.

Kids like you really should't say things that are so untrue its less intelligent than an opinion. Get a clue kid.
So its untrue that I find combos incredibly boring? Wow, you know me better than me, please tell me how you do that. I never said that combos don't take skill. However, to get the same number of hits in a row when these hits are not guarenteed, that has more depth to it.

I said
There is the personal skill which can be defined as execution of techniques and combos. This is harder when combos are present, of course
Notice how the example you gave was of a person practicing for hours at his own home. That is exactly what i was talking about. That's practicing his execution, that's where having a combo heavy system makes a game harder. As for how deep it makes a game, I said
But simply put, what he said is actually very debatable,
So, I'm not sure where you got that I said that combos take no skill, and who are you to tell me I'm an idiot for my personal preferences and enjoyment, but maybe you should learn some reading comprehension.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
So I just skimmed through this and here's what I got out of it:

1) Crashic doesn't like getting combo'd.
2) Crashic isn't good at not getting combo'd.

Maybe if you were better at not getting combo' in melee, the aforementioned aspects of the game you particularly enjoy would be more apparent and prominent. Combos do NOT diminish those aspects; they just add another arrow to the quiver. Lets try not to let our opinions or any bias we might have towards a game influence us here. Reading your posts makes me think that so many components to melee, and even brawl for that matter, go in one of your ears and right out the other. When you post opinions that contradict that of the professional, competitive playing level in smash you must accept that people are going to obviously disagree with you. You're treating this thread like it's the debate hall and we're discussing politics and you can just keep refuting points. Melee is melee, brawl is brawl. Plus I don't even know why you even clicked a thread that's addressed to brawl players in our state. Neither do I for that matter being that I don't play brawl, but it did take 17 pages for me to do so.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
Crashic, you are an idiot. Get out of this thread. Your location clearly states you are from an unknown area.

This thread sucks and you should feel bad for starting it, Alex.

Also, Brawl is for newbz who lack the ability to have fun.
Melee is for newbies who lack the ability to be bored.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So I just skimmed through this and here's what I got out of it:

1) Crashic doesn't like getting combo'd.
2) Crashic isn't good at not getting combo'd.
Wow, okay, so because I don't like an aspect of a game I am not good at it? Because there is NO WAY, I could EVER dislike something that you do? Furthermore, noticed I didn't just talk about them in gameplay, but in the watching and entertaining value as well.

Maybe if you were better at not getting combo' in melee, the aforementioned aspects of the game you particularly enjoy would be more apparent and prominent. Combos do NOT diminish those aspects; they just add another arrow to the quiver.
I never said it did or didn't, I said it was highly debatable and based on design theory. I could bring up the slipperly slope that combos in Melee (more than other games because of growth in knockback and our percent not health based damage) than other fighting games.

Lets try not to let our opinions or any bias we might have towards a game influence us here.
The question was asked, does anyone here prefer Brawl over Melee. I replied, the entire question and my answer is based on opinion.

When you post opinions that contradict that of the professional, competitive playing level in smash you must accept that people are going to obviously disagree with you.
What does a pro matter? Because a professional musician voices there opinion about a particular kind of music, does that make that type of music invalid? No, no it doesn't. The enjoyment I get out of combos is not going to change WITH OR WITHOUT a professionals opinion. Again, we see how there is this assumption that if you enjoy Brawl over Melee you MUST be wrong, as if my enjoyment is a definable thing, and as if your opinion is the only right one. This is not the case, and nothing you can say is going to change the fact that watching combos is the most insanely boring thing in all of fighting games to me.

You're treating this thread like it's the debate hall and we're discussing politics and you can just keep refuting points.
Yet, I am not the one to claim that someone's enjoyment of something and act as if there opinion of one game over another is wrong.

Plus I don't even know why you even clicked a thread that's addressed to brawl players in our state. Neither do I for that matter being that I don't play brawl, but it did take 17 pages for me to do so.
Because I moved out from Florida and this is the state that I will be attending tourneys for now.

Get out of this thread. Your location clearly states you are from an unknown area.
My location translates into "Beautiful Blue Sky." I live on the edge of NC.

null55

Smash Master
lol.

next argument: Melee vs. Crashic. GO.

Also, Brawl is for newbz who lack the ability to have fun.
Melee is for newbies who lack the ability to be bored.
loolllll, Jim you're the man.

crashic are you an idiot
stingers, i respect you playing Brawl, but i especially respect you not being biased...

it's nothing personal to you Crashic, but it's one thing to say the Wombo Combo took no skill... it's another thing to play EITHER of these games and LOVE EITHER of them and say that it wasn't entertaining. it is a FACT that that combo is insanely amusing. the commentary gets old...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
See, there we go, enjoyment is NEVER a fact. Yet, you don't want to see this and pretend that you are higher than someone because you enjoy something more than someone else and you somehow think that your opinion is right.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well I guess we have our opinions and there is sadly no point in debating them.

Stongers, NC cares about Brawl and will get better. Go to NCSU when you get to college to see it for yourself.

I really think this thread should just stop being posted in now that you have been reassured.

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
I want to Sagat's having a Tiger Shot duel, using two different strategies in an attempt to get in on each other. THAT makes my hand stand on its edge.
Why in the **** would anyone wanna watch some boring **** like that.....????

. To me, watching a combo that last more than 4 moves is just incredibly boring to me.
To me, only someone who doesnt like melee would say that.

Crashic, you are an idiot. Get out of this thread.
LOL

Jon?

Smash Champion
I love combos. That's why I like playing 64. 0-deaths every stock is too good.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Lol, I think some people in this thread actually implied stuff on the lines of "Your opinions are dumb and invalid, GTFO." Bad form, guys, what kind of southern hospitality is that.

@Jon: Lol, you're just happy the only person who consistently plays Pikachu stopped so you'd stop getting baired off the stage. Woo Mario!

Jon?

Smash Champion
@Ledgr: The last time I played 64 was when you last played. I don't care if someone Pika baired me offstage. There are some ways to avoid it. By the way: Upsmash kill @70% > Baired offstage.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
<3 dr Neo, laying it down. Ill play some brawl boys, gemme da sticks. Ill use my wario and spam d-air threw you alls shields ALL DAY!! FUN AS HELLLL

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Of course ill accept. Ill show you personally why brawl is GARBAGE!! How about this, since you play ganon in melee, if I beat you in the brawl MM, you must play me in a ganon ditto mm in melee!!!!!!! Thats only so we can have it your way and not combo each other or anything . . .

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hahahahaha, Wario versus D3 is a joke, you don't even know. You'll see. Wario's a trash charecter and I'll prove it to you first hand.
And no, I'm not taking a money match in a game I don't play.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Lol @ Wario vs. DDD. It's about as much fun as cancer. It's pretty heavily in Wario's favor in Norfair though. So much easier to time the match out :laugh:

Don't even go there with "Wario is a trash character." You're one to talk about how boring combos are when you're playing one of the most combo reliant characters in Brawl (lol @ chaingrabs being combos). I bet you put a whole of thought into those down throws x_x.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Learn to ****ing read man, no where in there did I say the combos took no skill, however you can not deny that it is harder to get the exact same result out of a pseudo-combo. ****, its nearly impossible at top level play to land a pseudo combo. What CAN be debated about the statement that Alpha Zealot made was its effect on the overall match.

Lol @ Wario vs. DDD. It's about as much fun as cancer. It's pretty heavily in Wario's favor in Norfair though. So much easier to time the match out
Why the **** would norfair ever not be banned from a tournament? That has to be the worst stage in anything ever.

You're one to talk about how boring combos are when you're playing one of the most combo reliant characters in Brawl (lol @ chaingrabs being combos). I bet you put a whole of thought into those down throws x_x.
How often am I going to get to play against a charecter who I can actually chain grab? In the majority of situations, I will be Counter picked. And no, Diddy Kong is the closest thing you'll get to a combo character in Brawl. Also, SOME combos are good, like, a Street Fighter level, anything more just makes me sleepy.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
But DDD has true combos on nearly every character, and his pseudo combos are often extremely intuitive (Dthrow leads either into Ftilt or Dsmash or regrab... just follow the DI/roll)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
On nearly every charecter? What are you talking about? Down air to down air at 0? Or neutral air fast falled to uptilt (lol like that would ever happen).

Also, down throw to forward tilt in most cases isn't a pseudo comob, it is a true combo. It happens in hitstun.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
really don't wanna get into this
but @ ledger with the "(Dthrow leads either into Ftilt or Dsmash or regrab... just follow the DI/roll)"

tech chasin
ain't easy or even probable with ddd's fat ***
just sayin

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Grab -> Grab on all but maybe like 10 characters. I'm just throwing a number out there. Even Pika's and Falco's end at some point. Don't you also have FS -> Dair?

I admit that Wario's chaingrabs are usually %->deaths, but I'm not debating that Wario isn't a totally homo character lol.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Has anyone even noticed Crashic's avatar? That should have shot him in the nuts from the get go. 'Course this man will downplay smash. He's a fighter.

Also - I'm bringin' a recording set up and microphones for the MM of him vs L0zR. Who wants to do some commentary? **** is gonna be epic as hell.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
@ledger
i'm not sayin anything about combo's or his ludicrous grab stuff

just sayin
tech chasin with ddd
ain't easy or even probable

and it'd be pretty rare for ddd to fs, but yeah you can fs > dair

and lol neo/zio

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Has anyone even noticed Crashic's avatar? That should have shot him in the nuts from the get go. 'Course this man will downplay smash. He's a fighter.

Also - I'm bringin' a recording set up and microphones for the MM of him vs L0zR. Who wants to do some commentary? **** is gonna be epic as hell.
DIBS. I'm commentating!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

Something wrong with that?

And I haven't downplayed Smash at all, if saying I don't enjoy combos is downplaying smash, if you take me stating my opinions on Melee as an insult, then it seems to me like you have security issues. And fun fact, combos are not exclusive to Melee, in fact, some games, Tats versus Cap, Melty Blood, and MvC2 to name a few, have so many ridiculous combos its. . . . . well, ridiculous. I have only stated my opinion on combos, which are universal for the most part. Nothing I have said is exclusive to Smash in anyway, except for the Wombo combo, but there are far better combos by far in Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom