• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who in NC still cares about Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I'm curious because it doesn't really seem like NC even wants to play Brawl anymore

I'm wondering if I should just give up and play Melee :ohwell:

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, a lot of nc like brawl. and a lot of them play it. but if you're asking for hype. . . not here. i'd like it if you played melee stingers

stingers

Smash Obsessed
it doesn't seem like anyone wants to play, i'm not exactly sure how the tournaments get any entrants at this point

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
well lets make the brawl scene better and host tourneys and **** to make it better.... i can host **** at my apartment and im down to do that. lets build the scene up some here in NC for brawl.

DJRome

Smash Hero
idk, the melee and brawl entries seem about even.

edit: im hosting for brawl, so i hope the hype gets up, but, it's honestly up to the players to get themselves over here.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
sgf there are actually a good amount of brawl tournaments...but nobody wants to get better and nobody has fun while playing it anymore (allegedly) so i just don't know how much longer it'll last

DJRome

Smash Hero
stingers, make a good showing at pound and the state will be revived i think

also, the best nc brawlers never enter anything

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
thats ********, it seems to be huge every where else. DJ u said your hosting for brawl?? when and where. This game is sorta in the same phase GOW 2 is right now... a ton of people play it but eveyrone says they hate it. **** comes and goes in cycles. but from what i can tell on the various brawl sites i go too there seems to be a lot of action going on in other states with this game more so than melee.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'm not even that good lol, honestly I think if I make it out of pools at Pound4 that'll be as good as I do. I dont get enough practice and I'm not smart enough to compete at a high level. anyway, even if I do good at pound4 it won't mean anything to the rest of the state, there's a problem with the brawl community here that i just dont understand

and sgf yeah thats exactly whats happenin in brawl, -,- ****'s really annoying I just don't understand it.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
Hey, I live right here in NC, and I know a lot of people that LOVE Brawl. I'm one of them, in fact! Stingers probably saw me at last Billfest. I'm not hard to miss. I was the only girl there, and I was probably the only one maining with Pit there. Don't give up on the Brawl hype in NC. As long as I live in NC, the hype is here!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Hey, someone else in NC uses Pit...I'm still working on mine, I'm doing good on Wifi but thats wifi :p

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
stingers i say you stick to it,, i think your ****ing good as hell. i mean lets try to build this scene up so there are tourneys worth going to that have good turnouts. dont let everyone else bring you down when they talk **** about the game, **** it its fun as hell to play. like i said people said the same thing about GOW 2, its not as good as GOW 1 so they werent going to play it... But GOW 2 got picked up on a lot of tourney circuits and everyone shifted focus from gow 1 to gow 2. like i said this game is ****ing huge, more people play brawl then melee, its just that melee seems to be more on the underground competitive scene right now. we just need to help the NC scene realize this game is fun to play its just different..

Jon?

Smash Champion
Despite how gay it is, I'll still play Brawl. I think it gets fun at some points. Once Biweeklies at NCSU ramp up, we'll get more hype.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm actually interested in this myself.

Raggy, Seth, PLUR, Karn, Stongers, Ape, Cool, Chaos, Ali(wants to get back into it), Mizu, Omni, maybe Foxy(if he survives), Jon, Keith, Shady, Flamingo, Killer, Mits, Duo and more still play bro.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
sgf maybe if brawl was on any tourney circuits then it wouldn't be so negatively received, but it just didn't happen...mlg didn't pick it up, evo like...well that items tourney in 2008 just killed any hype it had this year, and this vgbootcamp thing that's about to happen might be what brawl needs to get started, unfortunately vgbootcamp doesn't have a name for itself yet so if it dies then really it's like nothing happened -,-

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
like i said i can see we have the support and a lot of people that play brawl here, people just need to go to the tourneys and well be all good... from what ive seen NC has good *** players too.

Jon?

Smash Champion
This was recorded days before Foxy's disappearance.

Keith: "Foxy, how come you're playing Brawl all of a sudden? I thought you hated it."
Foxy: "I used to. I like it now. It's a thinking game and I like to think."

True fax. Foxy's pretty pro at Brawl.

Edit: NCSU is stacked with Brawl players. If you want a scene, get at us.

Keith_Da_Thief

Smash Journeyman
stingerz dawg dont even worry about it, i love brawl i. yea i have seen a resent drop in care in the past weeks, but once everyone done bandwagoning over pp's quite, they will come back, give it time. plus we will always have a top ten regardless. im not saying dont do melee, by all means do it, i am, but i mainly play brawl, and that aint changin. dont try and let people kill ur spirit over the game, **** is still fun
- Thief

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Raggy like...only likes Doubles and he never tries in singles, at least against me I know he doesn't. PLUR heavily prefers Melee, Karn only plays for money, Omni is grounded, Killer and Flamingo are quitting smash for FPS apparently...

Seth (never goes to tourneys), Stingers (never goes to tourneys), Ape (never goes to tourneys), Cool (never goes to tournies), Chaos (never goes to tourneys), Ali (never goes to tourneys), Mizu (never goes to tournies)

so that's like

Jon, Keith, and Shady?

Exactly.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Mizu has been to stuff, Seth goes to stuff, you and Ape make billfests, Cool will attend more when he gets back(actually he's already back so that'll be soon), and chaos will come with him.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah. nobody in NC cares enough to improve.

pp "going to stuff" doesn't really matter honestly.

DJRome

Smash Hero
cause there's nothing to aspire to. there's not clear cut ladder of winners in the state now that pp is gone

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Stongers will take #1 from Sushi with time.

Unless he's already good enough for it. I wouldn't know exactly.

Also if Ali finds transportation he'll be up there.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
not really, because the only time I'll ever get to play Sushi is on wifi or MK banned tourneys.

That's a whole different problem entirely but just as annoying

Keith_Da_Thief

Smash Journeyman
what??? mits duo talk about improving all the time, and ***** just cause i aint on pr's anymore dont meen i aint tryin to get better, jon ..... foxy is ridculous( apparnetly) didnt fiz get like 3rd at one tourney recently? improvement.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Believe me, I've been improving. I'll give the PR players a reason to fear for their spots in due time, Stongers. Get at me.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol..."my thing" will be the first mk unbanned tourney I've been to since September. though that's not anything to do with this thread cuz that's not NCs fault, but **** if its not annoying lol

keith you're right, mits and duo are legit and I forgot about them...yay...mits and duo will be the last 2 brawl players in NC ****

uncle i actually heard you did really good at the nc state (iirc that was it) before billfest from mits, good **** :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom