• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the best up B?

N64

Smash Champion
Pika's and pichu's go the same distance.
Pika's can damage the opponent while pichu's does damage to himself (1% for the first part, 3% for the second).
Pika's is more punishable due to the weird hitbox properties that it has that (to my knowledge) isn't the case for pichu's.

Overall, of the two I'd say pika's wins. Especially since he lives a little longer than pichu and thus gets to use its range to his advantage more often.

Fortress > all other upBs.

Elite27

Smash Rookie
In my opinion:
Bowser for: near invincibility and side to side range
Zelda/Mewtwo: Long range and invulnerable when travelling
Pikachu: Quickness
Fox: Looks cool

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Pika's and pichu's go the same distance.
Pika's can damage the opponent while pichu's does damage to himself (1% for the first part, 3% for the second).
Pika's is more punishable due to the weird hitbox properties that it has that (to my knowledge) isn't the case for pichu's.

Overall, of the two I'd say pika's wins. Especially since he lives a little longer than pichu and thus gets to use its range to his advantage more often.

Fortress > all other upBs.
Pichu's goes further and has different angles plus it can move in the same direction twice...

Pichu's ftw sorry

madskillz

Smash Cadet
Well, I know what you're all saying about bowser, but I have to go with Link on this one. What's so nice about his up B is that you can set it up on the edge of the stages and send your opponents flying low and far, since that's the effect in the later part of the attack. It's helped me so many times in tournaments and against many people who were better than me.

Dugasaurus

Smash Rookie
Someone probably already said Marth but yeah his up-B I think is the best. Overall it has more uses than any other Up-B in the game.

Bowser's Up-B hmmmmm really good, but Marth's just seems to have more uses and comboability like he can combo it out of any aerial, and it's also tougher to edge guard than the whirling fortress.

uh I was gonna write more but my ride is leaving to WhatABurger

tshahi10

Smash Ace
your allllll wroonnnng

its obviuosly young link

around and around

torturing every part of the body

great "Yaaaaaaahrtrtrtrtrtrtrt" sound too

mario-man

Smash Lord
You're all stupid!!! Mario's upB is the best. lol lol

JK, Bowser's is by far the best in the game!! 30% damage, w00t w00t!!!!!

Lit

Smash Ace
i would choose bowser's up b is the best but if i had to choose who looks the best i would choose sheik....

Anther

Smash Champion
Hmm, in my experience Pikachu's Up+B's quite a bit better than Pichu's.

Number 1 thang, it's faster, sweetspots a lot better thus makes it a bit harder to intercept...
Number 2, you can't spam it out over the edge without ruining a stock, which makes Pichu less flashy, that just isn't cool.

Plus, there are times where say I'm fighting a link, and there's the fear that he might edgehog, so you have to up+b back onto the stage in a straight line. Pika's up+b tends to go through link and stop his up+b while pichu gets spiked :x.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Gimpy.. stop squandering. Jigglypuff clearly has the most superior UpB due to the fact that she can use it to immobililze her opponents... Just think what you could do if your opponent was at 999%... That's like 5 minutes of not moving.. ****. I just got an idea for a combo video......

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Pichu's goes further and has different angles plus it can move in the same direction twice...

Pichu's ftw sorry
actually they go the same overall distance, pikas goes farther for just the first dash in the attack, then pichus is longer in the second, so they end up tying...

also, pika's can go in 16 directions, aside from what many think. (i remember arguing this on the recovery tier list thread, i did a bunch of tests and everything...)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
For Recovery, Pikachu and Pichu. For attack, Bowser and Link. For mind games, Zelda, Sheik, and Mewtwo. By the way, about Bowser's Up-B Move, He isn't completely invincible. Only his shhell for a few frames. You can safely use Link's Dair attack on him. This means his belly is vunerable.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
For Recovery, Pikachu and Pichu. For attack, Bowser and Link. For mind games, Zelda, Sheik, and Mewtwo. By the way, about Bowser's Up-B Move, He isn't completely invincible. Only his shhell for a few frames. You can safely use Link's Dair attack on him. This means his belly is vunerable.
well 1) theres 0 invincibilty when you use it in midair (for recovery) however when used on the ground his entire body is invincible for the first frames, not just the shell, and 2) have fun hitting bowsers belly with link's dair.

The Cape

Smash Master
I would have to say Marth, Bowser, and Samus overall.

All three can be done as attacks and out of sheild, and with the exception of Bowser, arent that bad of recoveries.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
I'd vote for Luigi, Roy, Captain Falcon, and Shiek, because they have fire.

If I weren't fooling around, I'd probably vote for Roy. I don't see why people vote for Marth. I mean, Marth's Up-b dosen't seem any better than roy's. In fact, it seems worse. Roy's seems a bit longer for recovery, can be extended horizontally for recovery, and can KO jiggz at zero. Marth's recovery is better than roy's, but if Marth had the flare blade instead of the dolphin slash (I think that's what they're called), I think Marth would be better off than he is now.

SHINE FX

Smash Apprentice
Bowser's recovery doesn't go far (vertically), but is really useful for attacking out of a shield. Pikachu's recovery's can go really far, assuming that the person does it right.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
I'd vote for Luigi, Roy, Captain Falcon, and Shiek, because they have fire.
*cough*Fox and Falco*cough* granted that falco's recovery is utter garbage, fox's isn't half bad. nice distance, nice speed, hurts like a *****. Admittedly though, Fox's certainly isn't the BEST, as it is easily caped, and has questionable priority.

My vote for recovery u+B goes to mewtwo. (sigh) if only he werent lacking in almost every other area.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol, using fire fox as an attack. that's funny.

still, PKT goes just as far, takes just as long, does more damage and knockback, and just as vulneralbe as firefox.

interesting how smaus has only been mention once, too. weird...

Banks

Smash Hero
samus has a good up b for recovery and also is annoying as **** in combat. so thats a pretty good one.

Banks

Smash Hero
it depends what your evaluating on, recovery, damage, aesthetic value etc. arguments for most characters could be argued.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I dunno but if you used Sheik's up b wisely I guees it could be pretty useful in attacking and recovering, but not sure about BEST up b.
Hate to break it to you but Sheiks up B is one of the worst in the game not only for recovering but for attacking as well.

I'm very surprised you would even suggest Sheiks up B as an attack because of its wind up lag.

Top Bottom