• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the best up B?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well I don't use it for attacking G&W's UP+B, i only use it to recover, ive always been amazed on how far up it goes.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Well according to everyone, it seems bowser has the best attacking and pika has the best recovery. Well if it gets into opinions. I would have to go with sheik because she can sort of edge-guard with it. The double explosion is cool.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Go to the PKT guide in the Ness forums (not the one that's stickied, go look for the super guide) and check "What's so great about PKT?"

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Pika's up-b is barely better than Pichu's in terms of attacking. It does terribly low damage, no knock-back, very little stun (so I can still hit you after taking 3% damage). Pichu's up deals 4% damage to himself if he uses both "jumps" (only takes one if only the first jump is used). When you take the versatility in possible directions you could very well avoid an edge-gaurd (and thus avoid damage, and get sent off the stage/get KO'd). I'll take 4% damage in exchange for that.

Pika's is faster, but in the end, both are very easy to hit while they do their up-b's anyway. Their hitboxes (Pika's anyway), gets so much wider that it's hard to miss.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Guys, I think your chances of convincing marthsword that Pikachu is better in ANY way than Pichu would be almost impossible. :p

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
and pika's is faster, giving the opponent less time to react...although you shouldnt use it to deal damage in the first place.
hey dude in your sig, thats the hitbox of puff right,
where u get it? its **** interesting

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
anyone who did NOT say bowser should be banned, thats how we get rid of the noobs on SWF!

I'll post my humongous "reasons why" if somebody cares enough to argue

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon because he ***** them. XD

Seriously though. Probably Bowser. Interrupts combos, can rack up a good amount of damage, and can be used for a quick edgeguard.

alcheato

Smash Ace
*Gasp* Such few votes for Roy and Doc. They may not have the best but they're still pretty sweet. Doc's Up-B is cancelable and Roy's Up-B is hard to edgeguard because of the many attack frames (and can actually kill if angeled right). Coolness aside, Bowser probably has the best though.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bowser's up b is THE BEST up b in the game, as well as the 2nd best move in the game IMO. it is one of the fastest move in the game. Invincibility starts on frame 1 and goes through frame 4, and the hitbox comes out on frame 5. It has HUGE damage (30% in the air), gets low % kills, breaks combos, is highly mobile, has an INITIAL RANGE that is larger than the hitbox for link's upb IIRC. All that with invincibliity frames and high priority? this move will 'ting' with a lot of other moves, and having 4 inviniciblity frames + hitting on frame 5, you can get off anotehr one faster than they can get their move off again, or ting again until you hit them. yeah, bowser's up b beats peach's dsmash in ting wars if you dont mess up. this move, simply put, is amazing. nobody can deny shieldfortressing has got to be one of the best tactics there is. Now if we include the edge cancelled fortressing it gets EVEN BETTER. When you think of all of the positives of the fortress then add the words ZERO LAG to the end of it, its a whole new level of awesome. you can edge cancel a fortress on any stage, great for comboing, escape, edgehogs you name it, it does it pretty much. once you've edge canceled your open to do any number of things, ledgehopped arials, klaw, firebreath, you can do your <100% ledge attack to give yourself some space... its just unreal. All that being said it is also a FANTASTIC recovery tool, considering the weight of bowser (so he doesn't get killed easily horizontally) combined with a purely amazing horizontal recovery range on his up b, Bowser will be alive for a long, long time. Also out of his recoverying up b (which can be sweetspotted well enough to NOT get marth fsmashed or most other edgeguards they can throw at your) if you decide to go high and not sweetspot (obviously useful at times) it has zero land lag.
W
T
F

how could you NOT vote this move for best up b, ridiculous!
If any reasonably decent character had an up b like bowser's they'd be moved up an entire tier bracket!
The fortress is amazing through and through, its a staple of his game, and makes the character usable. I'd be willing to argue even that this move is the most important move to any specific character, fox is still amazing w/o the shine, albeit less fun XD, peach is less threatening w/o dsmash but still has great priority arials and the rest... bowser w/o up b? wtf insta joke character.

sure, link's is good. very very punishable, immobile, does fair damage, doesn't come out fast enough to get through fox's down air shine thats for sure, and even if it did its to punishable at most %. Its pretty strong, pretty good. best up b? you must be joking.

EDIT: yeah, i took the fortress section out of my ancient ancient ancient bowser essay thingy and edited it a bit here

Nubz010

Smash Rookie
link fer reelz

i have a friend who just stands there and up b's, you cant get around the spinning blade! well you can but its still annoying. but i think it is the best up b.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
-_- thats a pretty useless bump for the thread, i thought i already defeated this thread lol
Yea seriously how is this still being debated, give us bowser players something PLEASE :)

If any reasonably decent character had an up b like bowser's they'd be moved up an entire tier bracket!
Yea we don't get that luxery though :(. Its ok we keep fighting the good fight ehh gimpy :)

xCUREx

Smash Rookie
oh reginald......i disagree
imo i think luigis is pretty good cuz of the almost ohko close up attack

Top Bottom