• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Has the Best General Purpose Dair in the Game?

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
1. MK's can be punished if used close to the ground, but it's still definitely the best.
2. Wario's auto-cancels if done properly.
3. Ganon > Fox. More damage. More awesome.
4. Samus >>> Ness. Excellent spike. Better coverage. Auto-cancels.
5. Yoshi should be considered.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
I'm also in favor of Samus's dair for reasons mentioned earlier. Also the fact that she's a floaty character to begin with makes dairing that much easier for her (it's quite simple to dair a few times during decent, racking up damage on Snakes, Robs and etc, if not KO'ing them.)

Browny

Smash Hater
ganons needs to be higher. Watch many top level ganons, a seriously high % of all the damage they dish out in a match is by the stomp. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if some matches involve over 50% of all damage by dair alone, with a few KO's by it as well.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
He meant 'is the name "auto-cancel" misleading because it's actually a manual feat?' I believe.

It's a little manual, as you have to know when to perform the move in your jump so that it auto cancels, but other than that, it cancels by itself.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
8) Ganon:

Pros:
Spikes very hard
Huge damage
Auto-cancels

Cons:
Landing lag if not auto-canceled
Difficult to time correctly
Very punishable if it misses.
Really? I was just going to list the exact opposite as a positive point. Whether you're spiking or issuing a general stomp, Ganon's down air is stupidly easy to land.

Anyway, Ganondorf's gets my vote. It's tremendous.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Pit:

Pros:
knocks them upwards
Is used for wingdashing/dive bombing
Combos into Mair/Upair

Cons:
Very slow
Knocks them upwards
smallish hit box

Top Bottom