• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who finds taunting offensive?

Denzi

Smash Master
I find it funny when I play someone who plays against CPU's and doesn't know what the **** proper DI is hits me and taunts right away... and I come back and stage spike them as they try to use their pathetic "skills" to edgeguard me.

Bailey

Smash Hero
I didn't really think that this thread was serious when I saw the title.

BUT

I'd rather have someone taunt then attempt to do AT's all over the place and fail.

IN MELEE

WhiteOkami

Smash Cadet
I dont really care of taunting in an online match (unless it contains offensive language) it only annoys me when a computer does it, just kill it for revenge.
I dont use taunting much, sometimes at the end of a match.

NoriakiZ

Smash Cadet
I don't think taunting is offensive at all. I only taunt after I get a good kill or if I'm Captain Falcon or Sonic.
But if people act like kids after taunts, just don't taunt. Of course, that's for local battles.

OrangeTang

Smash Rookie
Taunts can be annoying if it's a really ******** kill or a suicide, though.

Kirby's crouch is pretty obnoxious if you do it every moment you can.

Omit

Smash Apprentice
i was on aib and this guy kept taunting ``*****´´ and ``YOU SUCK´´ i laughed tho

Smash Master
It's annoying when someone doesn't deserve to taunt. Like they attack, and then a Soccer Ball spawns right in the middle of their attack (With Anyone, lol), ruining my shield grab and killing me. If they taunt, I'll be pissed, because it means they didn't even realize they got lucky.

randomselect

Smash Cadet
Oh i dont think he'd want to, not after that 3 stock **** i gave him 3 days ago >_^d
LOL owned!!
Taunting doesn't bother me because I just kill them and taunt right back.
Just hunt the taunter who offends you, put them out of their misery and be done with it.

Axel.EmO

Smash Cadet
LOL owned!!
Taunting doesn't bother me because I just kill them and taunt right back.
Just hunt the taunter who offends you, put them out of their misery and be done with it.
Mine aren't really THAT offensive...
Mine are
NOOB DOWN!
why die?
Haha
And another 4th thing
They are just good fun
But I don't like ones that use sweasring, there is no need for that
But it normally is just good clean fun :D

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
It's only offensive if they have foul language/immature crap. Otherwise people who take taunting too seriously don't get the spirit of Smash, and need to lighten up. Who cares if you're ****** someone and they taunt you? That just makes it funnier.

/rant

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Me being a BB active taunter, I like it when a person who hates taunting comes up to me. Everyone else stays away and I show then the true Melee Falcon.

Swearing and other stuff I do not tolerate.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
Someone I played against on GameBattles had a taunt that said "Exit stage left". I thought it was pretty funny. XD

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol my taunts are made to make the other guy laugh :)
My up one says "grab a napkin homie" and the bottum one is "You just got served" :) anytime anyone says taht to me I remember this tv show called The Big Bang Theory, it's pretty funny...
sorry about the ill relevance

Viox

Smash Apprentice
Taunting after a kill is what it says it is, taunting. Maybe you will make them mad enough to actually hurt you. I love taunting.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
I think that it could depend on whether it's a random online match or a 1 on 1 vs friends match. Either way, I don't really find it offensive so much as annoying. For the time it takes me to get a random 2v2 group going sometimes, it's just annoying to have a character run to the side of the stage and taunt all day.

Then again, I can just pick characters like ROB or Pikachu and annoy them by interrupting them until they stop... =P

If I'm playing someone 1 on 1, and one of us pulls off a string of moves or a nice setup for a kill, I don't find taunting that offensive at all. By all means, if I wasn't good enough to see something coming, or I let myself get caught or killed in a 0-death manner, go ahead and taunt. I deserve it. If it's a really close, back and forth game between two players (evenly-matched), then I guess I might find it a little more "offensive." I don't really think that taunting after EVERY kill is really necessary, especially if it wasn't so great in the first place. In that case, it's really more like saying "Z0MG PWNED N00b!!11!!1!shift!1" when you're barely ahead or you were about to be beaten yourself.

If it's "justified," go for it. Otherwise, it can be annoying, but I don't really find it "offensive."
against my friends , i tend to try and get in all of my taunts before he can hit me. usually i die cuz of it but its fun.

infernovia

Smash Ace
I love taunting them when they make a mistake and fall to their doom. Its hilarious. Sometimes people get so mad about that, but its like, you messed up dude, deal with the consequences.

Kilagria

Smash Rookie
Taunting is supposed to be offensive duh haha, I love taunting my little brother because its fun to do. I would even stoop so low as to say that taunting is a good strategy; a lot of people get very mad when taunted at and will lose focus and their fighting will become very sloppy, leaving many openings for you to punish and whatnot!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
If you get offended by taunting, wait until you get out of kindergarten, then start back playing. XD

the only offensive taunt I use is the bird finger. That's a different story altogether.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
If you get offended by taunting, wait until you get out of kindergarten, then start back playing. XD

the only offensive taunt I use is the bird finger. That's a different story altogether.
Lmao.lmao.lmao. tis true though, if you get offended by that then really what don't you get offended by? it's some dude on the internet calling you bad names, you jsut met the guy last week whadda you care what he calls you?

Axel.EmO

Smash Cadet
Lmao.lmao.lmao. tis true though, if you get offended by that then really what don't you get offended by? it's some dude on the internet calling you bad names, you jsut met the guy last week whadda you care what he calls you?
You're saying it is the same as being insulted on myspace or something rofl
People who insult over the internet are fails
I find it funny though
Me, random and Sojink were taunting each other
We double taunted people if the dead EPICALLY bad
We all had fun though

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
lol that's good, but yeah it is liek taunting over myspace, cept if you play marth you get an asian voice as well. add's to the "pressure" say the people who allow it to affect gameplay.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
It's annoying when someone doesn't deserve to taunt. Like they attack, and then a Soccer Ball spawns right in the middle of their attack (With Anyone, lol), ruining my shield grab and killing me. If they taunt, I'll be pissed, because it means they didn't even realize they got lucky.
You shouldn't be allowed to taunt if you play with items.

Church

Smash Cadet
Hmmm.. I didn't realize people became so offended at taunts. It is really just part of the game. Personally, my friends and I seem to taunt after just about every KO. I mean if you SD and your opponent taunts then I guess that is uncalled for, but to actually become agitated by it? That might be a little immature...

Top Bottom