• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hm, well I've tried getting online 64, but I have a number of issues:

1) I have some ****ty problems with project64, so I can't connect to servers.
2) I already have uninstalled p64k and all its games
3) I could only play with the keyboard, which is extremely uncomfortable for me

So I can't do too much.
Lame. I'll beat up some noobs for you.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I thought I was alone lol. I can't even play on Kalliera, I tried playing with Superstar, Axem and Dylan but I desynched every single time. It's a real pain in the *** to be so close yet so far.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
It's ok, I haven't even played smash 64 online for a while, I have to fix my comp. Then I have to make more Mario levels. I might even make a full set. It sucks when you have 100 level ideas but you have to wait to implement them X_X.

Good to hear you've played CT, Yeahdude. I'm gonna play it again as soon as I finish the mountain of RPGs I'm buried under- FF XII, FE 7, DQ VIII, Baten Kaitos, FF IX, and Rogue Galaxy. Roue Galaxy is awesome.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Baten Kaitos is a sweet game.
(Actually, the plot twist is... interesting.)

I think I'll have to pick up Origins while I wait for MP3.

Anyone played Tales of Abyss? I LOVED symphonia- so I'm wondering if I should get that.

Uh... Axem- the only FF I've played is FFX; which I got bored with half-way through. I'm wondering if there's any FF's you think I should give a chance, as you seem like quite the RPG buff.

And Fire Emblem is simply amazing. I would love to import some of the Japenese ones- maybe they'll come to the virtual console. Anyways, I'm playing FE9 on hard now- in preperation for Data Transfer to FE10.

Wow... I had a lot of thoughts on RPG's up there; didn't I?

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
If you liked Symphonia, you must, must, must get Abyss. It's better than Symphonia in every way save for the loading times on the world map.

EDIT: And the game could do with a few more sales... I'm concerned that Namco will take the game's dismal commercial failure in the US as a sign that Tales games don't sell in the US instead of the proper reason, being the complete lack of advertising and releasing it inbetween Final Fantasy and Zelda.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Final fantasy games G&W ?

Id suggest Final fantasy 3 (Snes)
also known as final fantasy 6 (psone)

Same game, they just added some cinematics to it. My favorite rpg of all time. Well like.. tied with chrono trigger. They both are so great...

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Unless you love abyssmal load times, avoid the PS1 FF6.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Unless you love abyssmal load times, avoid the PS1 FF6.
Quoted for Truuuuuuth.

Ya, look if you wanna play a great ff game.

Get Zsnes emulator, or another snes emulator (easy to get)

hit up www.edgeemu.com (not and AD just a tip)

Get an account then the game, and then have fun. Its a snes rpg so you can play it with the arrow keys of your computer and it doesnt change the gameplay much. The game, story... and everything about it is too awesome

I got it for a gift when I was like 6 or 7 years old and I -still- play it.

Though not much anymore since I made the best possible party. That took awhile to plan though because I figured this game out 100% by myself. NO gamefaqs no nothing. Except for one bloody item, the chainsaw. You can spend like 3 hours deciphering clues, or just look up a simple 3 number combination on the net. lol.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Few pages back I made a Money Match to see which one could get to McFox's post count since you said you post frequently and I was making fun of how much I post. Whatever though, summer school is still boring. lol
Oh, haha you're on!

*Counterpicks your blabbermouth with a stage about wavedashing and rants for 30 posts*

Well, this thread is practically the ''shine infinate'' of spam / post count raising...

but it all counts towards something in this thread, amirite?

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Didn't know FFIII was good enough to tie up with CT. It was one of the first games I downloaded for my emulator. I'll check it out one of these days, if you know other godly RPGs to get let me know. I'm in a download frenzy now!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Oh, haha you're on!

*Counterpicks your blabbermouth with a stage about wavedashing and rants for 30 posts*

Well, this thread is practically the ''shine infinate'' of spam / post count raising...

but it all counts towards something in this thread, amirite?
Since you won that round, I will counterpick Captain Falcon because no one can beat him. He is too awesome. :chuckle:

Oh wait, this is about post count. **** :(

SWORDMASTER66

Smash Cadet
I don't play RPG's a lot except Fire Emblem games, but I don't play those a lot anymore. But I can't wait until FE10 comes to the states. And I offically graduate from middle school today, but more importantly, summer starts for me and I get cake today. Cake is yummy.

mario-man

Smash Lord
WTF?

Since when is an apprentice greater than a journeyman? This site is backwards.
Since apprentice means that some SMASH great has seen how far you've journeyed on the road of SMASHDOM and decided to apprentice you in their ways.

That's since when.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Since apprentice means that some SMASH great has seen how far you've journeyed on the road of SMASHDOM and decided to apprentice you in their ways.

That's since when.
Historically, one becomes a journeyman when one finishes an apprenticeship. Thus, journeyman should follow apprentice.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Baten Kaitos is a sweet game.
(Actually, the plot twist is... interesting.)

I think I'll have to pick up Origins while I wait for MP3.

Anyone played Tales of Abyss? I LOVED symphonia- so I'm wondering if I should get that.

Uh... Axem- the only FF I've played is FFX; which I got bored with half-way through. I'm wondering if there's any FF's you think I should give a chance, as you seem like quite the RPG buff.

And Fire Emblem is simply amazing. I would love to import some of the Japenese ones- maybe they'll come to the virtual console. Anyways, I'm playing FE9 on hard now- in preperation for Data Transfer to FE10.

Wow... I had a lot of thoughts on RPG's up there; didn't I?
Uhh where do I start...

Hmm, well I'm only playing three RPGs at a time. Right now it's FE7, FFXII, and Rogue Galaxy. As I finish those, I'll play the other three.

If you like FE and you haven't played FE7, play it. I'm finishing it up for the first time now and it dwarfs PoR so much in terms of variety. PoR seems oversimplified after you play the GBA ones, in some respects. I've heard a lot of good things challenge-wise about Hector's hard mode as well, so I'll be doing that once I finish the first time around. Even though I haven't played Hector's hard mode yet, I can prolly still tell you that it's a much bigger difference than hard mode in PoR. Seriously. In PoR the only noticable differences were in the first and last chapters...and maybe chapters 13 and 17.

There's data transfer for FE10? Sweet, I finished PoR three times, once on hard mode, so I guess I'm covered. And yes, older FE on VC would be awesome. If worse comes to worst, I'll just wait until I've learned enough Japanese.

I still have to play Tales of Symphonia, but considering what I have now it may be a while.

As for Final Fantasy...I'm really only a "journeyman" when it comes to that. So far I've only played 7, 8, and 10, and in the middle of 12. If you got bored with 10, I don't think I can reccomend 12 to you. 7 and 8 might be better suited. I always hear good things about 4 and 6 (2 and 3 for US SNES version, respectively), but I haven't played them yet.

And of course, if you haven't played Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross, you should play both of those. Not to mention Super Mario RPG and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

...yep. I knew that was gonna be a long post. But that means I get more experience!

AxemRed got 25 Tech points!
AxemRed learned Tech, Breaker Beam!
Learned Triple Tech, Delta Force!

Flare233

Smash Journeyman
I have a strong feeling that Brawl is NOT going to suck. There's just no way that it will. Some people MIGHT say it sucks if they take out wavedashing or something but that is just their opinions and the Smash community will adapt. It will be great regardless of what they change IMO.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Hey guys, which one of you ordered the scrubs? We've had quite a few on this page so we'll have to go without scrubs for at least 10 pages now.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I just got back from Mookie's and man did I have fun. :D

I am improving which means I am having fun. I love seeing myself improve. Why don't scrubs enjoy improving or playing the game to the fullest? Or at least get why we can have fun by improving? I think that the feeling of when I see myself improve especially when you have fun.

Random post because I know you guys missed me (and because of the mentioning of scrubs). ;)

Rash

Smash Ace
I think smash needs to evolve -- change is good. Whatever changes they make I welcome it I just hope it still has the same amount of depth.
Definitely.

I don't want Brawl to be Melee 2.0, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. Any changes are completely welcome, as long as the Smash feeling stays intact and the game has the depth.

At this point, after what we've seen and heard, it's doubtful that Smash Brawl will "suck" in any sense of the word. If anything, considering all the effort being put forth by Sakurai and Sora, Brawl should easily be the best game in the series yet.

Seriously, there really shouldn't be any worries about the game. Hell, there should've never been any from the get-go. Of course, that's just my opinion. I know there are still wavedash enthusiasts out there biting their nails right now.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I just got back from Mookie's and man did I have fun. :D

I am improving which means I am having fun. I love seeing myself improve. Why don't scrubs enjoy improving or playing the game to the fullest? Or at least get why we can have fun by improving? I think that the feeling of when I see myself improve especially when you have fun.

Random post because I know you guys missed me (and because of the mentioning of scrubs). ;)
I too improved today.

Well its happened everyone.. my fox out of sheer practice has surpassed what once was my main.. shiek.

I used to **** my friends 3-4 stocks with shiek, but not more.. Now since he mains marth I only 2 stock him at best and lose as much as I win, despite the counter.

With fox, I beat his marth more than he beats me or about equal, anyhow more wins than with shiek and in fox vs marth fox is at the disadvantage.

I can feel it too, Im a lot quicker, mindgamier, and just... overall better with fox.

Seriously, at this point there really shouldn't be any worries.
Well you can use the GC controller, theres one worry gone away.

only thing left for me to know is Wding, yes or no. Aside from that I dont really mind whatever other changes are made since I know the core techniques of fast fall l cancel etc etc will stay.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I'm back, and I need RPGs!!!!!!!!
I'm havin some good time here with these gamez I downloaded, them and a batch more should help me make it till the next AAA platinum Wii title comes out.

On another topic:
I'm currently at level 80 (81 with Crono, Magus, and Ayla because they kick *ss) in CT!!!1!!1!

And this should be Brawl's forums official de-n00bify thread. N00bs changed to pros for only 20 $/ person!! So n00bs are welcome, but only if they change to the good side within the hour. Or they shall be flamed. Or worse...
*maniacal laugh*

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
And this should be Brawl's forums official de-n00bify thread. N00bs changed to pros for only 20 $/ person!! So n00bs are welcome, but only if they change to the good side within the hour. Or they shall be flamed. Or worse...
*maniacal laugh*
We do good work here. In the melee section you can't get away with johns, scrubbing and talk of how imbalanced the game is.

This section is like a breeding ground for it. A bunch of angsty smashers who never did well in melee johning about the games balance because

The inner thoughs of every smasher who sucks at melee who posts here said:
Wen Brawl Cumz out, I iz gunna be da BEST in THE world cuz I am gonna MAIN METAKNIGHT AND HE HAZ A PWNSWORD. LOL U WONT TUCH ME ONLINE.
So we're here to keep them educated, and change their scrubby ways which will only lead to unhappy smashing. This thread is meerly where the community meets to discuss things that also rule like.. Oh I dunno games that werent made in 2007.

yes, *gasp* brawl boards nubs, SNES games are better than you're ****ing wii. Deal with it.

And yeah, the scrubs that have tried to fight me or any of you guys in here have had their ***** handed to em badly

personally I have to be on the look out, as the main man behind this thead and organizing the real gamers in their fight against the scrubs because any chance they get to gang up on me in another thread, they do it.

I end up fighting like.. 3-4 people at a time, like you guys have seen. But backup always arrives sometimes just in time to keep me from losing my cool and getting myself an infraction.

its altogether more pleasing to use my biting wit to ridicule the scrubs and use logic to prove both the hypocricy and the fallacy of their opinions. They only win if I flame them.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'd suspect we won't learn about wavedashing being in SSBB until E3 when someone that knows about it can test it out. Our best hope in finding out about it would be asking someone who's going to check for us. I think Eternal phoenix Fire might be going...We should ask him.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'd suspect we won't learn about wavedashing being in SSBB until E3 when someone that knows about it can test it out. Our best hope in finding out about it would be asking someone who's going to check for us. I think Eternal phoenix Fire might be going...We should ask him.
Yeah, GOOD thinking man :chuckle: !!

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
theres a reason they call it a beta
Betas are essentially finished as far as the engine goes. The purpose of the beta was to collect feedback on networking issues, primarily xbox live. The game is not going to change significantly before its release in September. Halo 3 is terrible. The end.

^^^

They're only letting the press into E3 these days. Is Eternal Phoenix Fire a member of the press?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom