• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is nervous about Brawl potentially sucking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Well I do know that Chrono Trigger is better, and that Chrono Cross feels more like Final Fantasy, but I just simply want to play it. Well just downloaded Super mario RPG, when I finish the new game+ I'll start playing that one. And prolly I'll just try to forget that there's a sequel and everything'll be fine.

Edit: it looked like Smashboards was fallin apart a while ago. Did the MODs fix the crap?

Editx2: BUTTSCRATCHA?!?!

Editx3: And indeed, the Capn' with the ******* has proven to be one of my fav weapons of mass destruction over the years. FEAR THE KNEE. Really do it. NOW.
Captain Falcon is so manly, he looks manly in pink.

He is like my ****ing idol.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Moonwalking is combining dashdancing with backwards wavedashing right??? I dont really know :S
Not really. Look at SilentSpectre videos where he moves backwards but looks like he is going foward. If you mean how to do it: what you do is move the control stick foward, then 45 degrees down and foward, and then press back (or just do a half circle or whatever).

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
**** I wish I had GC controllers right now to play Melee and implement all those techs I've missed since "emergency day". Need a memory card also. Goin to fix that tomorrow.
Ima check out if there are tournaments in mah zone, which I highly doubt. And if there is one, only big ol' God knows if they're total losers or not. Me no likey gettin involved with those guys.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Moonwalking is combining dashdancing with backwards wavedashing right??? I dont really know :S
Basically, you dash and then DI the dash backwards. Normally you can't DI a dash backwards because it just makes you dash the other way. So you have to press down before DI backwards. It's conceptually simple but very difficult to do well due to the brutal speed at which you must move the stick.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Lol have you guys seen the ''eternal debate, how will brawl be controlled?'' thread recently?

Scrub city. I did my usual clean up job. You can all thank me later :p

Dylan_Tnga! Defender of the Brawl Boards from the skill-less and the ignorant who try to start beef with someone then can't even take a bite out of.

FLAME ON! :)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Lol have you guys seen the ''eternal debate, how will brawl be controlled?'' thread recently?

Dylan_Tnga! Defender of the Brawl Boards from the skill-less and the ignorant who try to start beef with someone then can't even take a bite out of.

After reading that stuff, I had to post in there because whoever that guy was with a z in the beginning of his screen name was full of contradictions. He also freaking sent me a pm because I was going to see the thread. <_<

I am not going to respond to it in the hope that he will not pm me again.

Edit: Reading the pm again, I was slightly wrong about one of my points. He said Nintendo did not care enough to make a deep game not keep wavedashing to boost sales. I still thought we were on the wavedashing/glitch thing. T.T

Stupid/******** pig in the PM mad me cringe. >_<

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
After reading that stuff, I had to post in there because whoever that guy was with a z in the beginning of his screen name was full of contradictions. He also freaking sent me a pm because I was going to see the thread. <_<

I am not going to respond to it in the hope that he will not pm me again.

Edit: Reading the pm again, I was slightly wrong about one of my points. He said Nintendo did not care enough to make a deep game not keep wavedashing to boost sales. I still thought we were on the wavedashing/glitch thing. T.T

Stupid/******** pig in the PM mad me cringe. >_<

Don't worry about it, I handled it like usual and made friends with them to boot. both of them

Im just that good.

You can enjoy the pwnage though I made another few of my essay long posts of pwnage if you enjoy reading em :laugh:

HK47

Smash Rookie
Tnga, you've said a few times that wavedashing isn't a glitch, and the designers found it and decided to leave it in. It was called "land fall special" or something in debug mode. If this is true, why are you worried sick (well, maybe that's going too far, but "nervous" at least) that wavedashing will be removed from Brawl?

Thanks.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Tnga, you've said a few times that wavedashing isn't a glitch, and the designers found it and decided to leave it in. It was called "land fall special" or something in debug mode. If this is true, why are you worried sick (well, maybe that's going too far, but "nervous" at least) that wavedashing will be removed from Brawl?

Thanks.
I have no idea. No one ever asked me why before..

Uh I guess because Sakurai wont make an update about it? and because even though theres evidence as to it not being a glitch, its still shady and kind of under the table in terms of official techniques made by HAL.

the most optomistic thing I can think of is this though :

Z cancelling was a glitch in ssb64, and it became L cancelling in melee. I hope the same happens to the WD.

HK47

Smash Rookie

Uh I guess because Sakurai wont make an update about it? and because even though theres evidence as to it not being a glitch, its still shady and kind of under the table in terms of official techniques made by HAL.

Z cancelling was a glitch in ssb64, and it became L cancelling in melee. I hope the same happens to the WD.
Keep in mind that we've only been getting updates for a short time now. And in those updates, the only thing truly important was the controller update. I doubt he would bother to tell us anything about wavedashing, so him not announcing anything isn't a large deal.

Just try not to worry too much. I'm sure there will be an equal to wavedashing in Brawl, and there very possibly will be wavedashing in Brawl if it isn't a glitch like you say. If it isn't in Brawl, then quite a few people's game will crumble for a while. You're not the only one. So, try to stay on the viewing of Brawl as positive - because, if every (most) hardcore player's game is based around wavedashing (or at least incorporates it a fair bit), then they too will have to re-mould their gameplay. I'm sure you can too - you seem intelligent enough. I just don't see much of a reason to not get Brawl is there is no wavedashing, as everyone's game will falter slighlty.

Still, let's hope it is in Brawl.

Red Exodus

Smash Master

Fix'd. Looking much better now.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Fix'd. Looking much better now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qjsINssihg

No, now it's fixed :p. It's hard to beat Antipode 3...unless you get a critical hit with the Wondershot...Lol the wondershot should be in Brawl. You get three shots, they can do anywhere from 10-100 damage. But if you get a critical hit, you do 999 damage and your opponent flies off the screen and it replays thrice in super-slow motion. Only you can press start and skip the replay. But why would you :/?

On a related note, battle1 and bossbattle1 music both have to be in Brawl...

[/ranting]

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord

No, now it's fixed :p. It's hard to beat Antipode 3...unless you get a critical hit with the Wondershot...Lol the wondershot should be in Brawl. You get three shots, they can do anywhere from 10-100 damage. But if you get a critical hit, you do 999 damage and your opponent flies off the screen and it replays thrice in super-slow motion. Only you can press start and skip the replay. But why would you :/?

[/ranting]
OH TEH NOES!!!!!!
You reminded me of Chrono Trigger. You TRIGGERed mah addiction device, it's funcionality level is OVER 9000!!!!!! I need ter play! *goes to play*

And I bet that Sakurai was playing CT, and when he heard those battle themes he said:
"I need that muziX on Brawl lawl"
"Ima hire that guy"
"*hires*"

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042

I doubt it'll be removed, no sense in that happening, unless there is a total rehaul of the physics system, which is highly unlikely.

If at best, it'll be harder to do.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master

[/ranting]
Sweeeeeeeet.

That was my strat in CT I had maxed out stats for Crono Marle and Luca, and I just blasted antipod 3 and luminaire. Sometimes an ice sword 2 for flash :p

My friends strat was better, he maxed out Robo Magus and Crono, got the best gear for them and maxed out their individual skills : Shock (or something like that) magus' Triangle of doom thingy, and Crono's luminaire..

Also his robo could heal them 9999 each at any time, and they were basically unstopable.

Still doesnt beat his ff7 setup though where his strategy for sephiroth was :

''go to the bathroom, take a dump, come back and sephiroths dead''

Counter system exploitation.. sigh.

*cloud gets hit* (He had a 100% cover rate aswell so he always got hit)

Attacks
2x cut
Knights of the round (mp absorb)

Every friggin turn.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
WTF?

Since when is an apprentice greater than a journeyman? This site is backwards.
Whatever, I'm a smash lord... apparantly.

I didnt even notice it when I hit 1000 posts I got like 3 PM's all like ''Congratz on 1000 posts'' Im just there like huh? I had 200 posts a few weeks ago... dang I post a lot.

Look im well on my way to 2000.. Ill be like mcfox in no time :laugh:

Welll maybe not. :psycho:

NES n00b

Smash Master

I didnt even notice it when I hit 1000 posts I got like 3 PM's all like ''Congratz on 1000 posts'' Im just there like huh? I had 200 posts a few weeks ago... dang I post a lot.

With how many times I post, I should beat you there. Cash Battle of who can get to McFox's post count first. :D

I miss Shai already. *sniff* When are you comming back. D:

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Sweeeeeeeet.

That was my strat in CT I had maxed out stats for Crono Marle and Luca, and I just blasted antipod 3 and luminaire. Sometimes an ice sword 2 for flash :p
Wait what? That's exactly what I did! ...creepy. And I also used delta force sometimes. Especially against Giga Gaia. Ugh, Giga Gaia -_-.

And all the legendary materia in FF7 are broken. Miming doesn't cost any MP. In FFX it does.

I appreciated the W-item glitch though, that made getting a Gold Chocobo more tolerable than insane.

Red Exodus

Smash Master

That reminds me of when my average posts per day was like 13. Now I don't post that often, but I recall seeing a guy with 23 as his average,it was creepy.

Now I just focus on substance and I only post when I think I can actually add to the discussion.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^^^ That's the best way to do it RE.

When I reach 1,000 posts- I have to admit I'll be sort of happy with myself; knowing that I contributed 1000 times to the discussion here at SWF.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
^^^ That's the best way to do it RE.

When I reach 1,000 posts- I have to admit I'll be sort of happy with myself; knowing that I contributed 1000 times to the discussion here at SWF.
You were here before me and I respect you in that sense. Im just a ****ing blabbermouth man, experience >>> posts.

Ive been reading SWF for... 3 years.

Didnt DARE sign up because the way I treat newbs.. uh thats how I thought it was here, but like 10x worse. I figured if I couldnt wavedash or shffl and had no vids to prove myself then no one would ever want me to discuss **** with them since the community had like DBR and Isai and such posting on it.

Now I realize noobs think they can sign up here like its just another forum taking for granted they post among the elite smashers of the world. Makes me sick so I put them in their place when they spew their ignorant ****.

Mind you I have a lot of posts, but as you all see many of them are VERY long in legnth, so a spammer I am not.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Changed my Avatar due to obvious reasons. Crono has officially replaced Dark Samus as my most wanted player in Brawl. Axem Red, Dylan, you get cookies for introducing me to CT.
Aprox. 1/4 of my posts contribute to the topic. I know, I'm too good.

Edit: w00t I have a 1.01 post per day avg.!!11!!!@@11!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Changed my Avatar due to obvious reasons. Crono has officially replaced Dark Samus as my most wanted player in Brawl. Axem Red, Dylan, you get cookies for introducing me to CT.
Aprox. 1/4 of my posts contribute to the topic. I know, I'm too good.

Edit: w00t I have a 1.01 post per day avg.!!11!!!@@11!
This thread rocks, basically. its the chit chat for not idiots of the brawl boards. Im glad the mods havent once ever tried to close it up.

We would be outraged!!! :mad:

:laugh:

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, I don't see this thread closed anytime soon. Don't really see any reason to pull that out. Oh, man. I need to play Melee!! Will buy some GC controllers tomorrow.

Time to turn ON my game again biatch!!!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Well, I don't see this thread closed anytime soon. Don't really see any reason to pull that out. Oh, man. I need to play Melee!! Will buy some GC controllers tomorrow.

Time to turn ON my game again biatch!!!
Smashfest tomorrow for me. pretty much 10am till like 930 pm and my friends mom cooks some chicken sticks. Crew day hahaha, totally lame but you as smashers understand.

Ill be smoking up too, love the stoned smash.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Ya, I envy all that tournament crap. Near where I live there's virtually no smashers around.
So I don't really get to play alot with skilled players. At least I can practice my mindgames with the newbies close to me. Online Brawl will prove to be my only option to do REAL training. That's why I'm all Pro-Online-Tournaments.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
@Y34HDUD3!!!
if u think that's bad...i live in the ghetto with NO SMASHERS anywhere...i don't think anyone around owns a copy of smash or in that case a gamecube :urg: ....the only skilled smasher i've ever faced was my uncle from Tijuana ( i think he's s the second best smasher in TJ ) and that's only when he decides to come over to where i live

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Well, it will be the same for you. Brawl online will be our salvation!!11!
And hope your uncle plays more with ya.

On another topic:
After I get all these year's spectacular Wii games I'm going to start saving up money to buy an electric guitar. YAY!!!!!!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Ya, I envy all that tournament crap. Near where I live there's virtually no smashers around.
So I don't really get to play alot with skilled players. At least I can practice my mindgames with the newbies close to me. Online Brawl will prove to be my only option to do REAL training. That's why I'm all Pro-Online-Tournaments.
Get online 64. I play it anytime... it.. good. Smash online 64 easy to get. Go to smash 64 section of the forums. \m/ metal shred eternity. :chuckle:

So I just made the best post ever in the fox's shine is cheap thread. \m/

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Hm, well I've tried getting online 64, but I have a number of issues:

1) I have some ****ty problems with project64, so I can't connect to servers.
2) I already have uninstalled p64k and all its games
3) I could only play with the keyboard, which is extremely uncomfortable for me

So I can't do too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom