• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you wish was kept in Brawl?

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, no flaming me, I really don't care if there have been a million threads like this, if you have nothing good to say don't post.

I personally wish the left in all the Melee characters, maybe changed Dr. Mario, Roy, and Pichu a bit, just so they weren't clones.

If you could choose one old Character from Melee to be in Brawl, who would you choose?

I'd have to say Roy.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Going for Characters, easily M2. The only think Roy had on Marth was that he looked better. I would have liked to see L-Canceling as well, it could have brought characters like Ganon a little higher up in the scale of things.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Pichu.
Not convinced with my decision?
Mewtwo just seems a tad better than Pichu.
Not sure how.
Anyway, I say that because I want to win a tourney with Pichu one day.
Pichu had better odds here in Brawl, everyone got nerfed to an extent.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I wouldn't have been angry at Mewtwo and Lucario being in Brawl. :/

But then people would start crying over too much Pokemon representation in Brawl.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
I wouldn't have been angry at Mewtwo and Lucario being in Brawl. :/

But then people would start crying over too much Pokemon representation in Brawl.
There is already too much Pokemon representation, without both Mewtwo and Lucario being in.

Pikachu is fine, Jigglypuff is acceptable, but thats it. Pokemon Trainer was a bad choice, as was Lucario. And Mewtwo should never have been in Melee, let alone Brawl.

Pokemon was a seriously major franchise, I say 'was' because of the dramatic decrease in popularity, but I suppose it still is a major franchise despite that.

But even so, it got too much representation.

Sariku

Smash Master
There is already too much Pokemon representation, without both Mewtwo and Lucario being in.

Pikachu is fine, Jigglypuff is acceptable, but thats it. Pokemon Trainer was a bad choice, as was Lucario. And Mewtwo should never have been in Melee, let alone Brawl.

Pokemon was a seriously major franchise, I say 'was' because of the dramatic decrease in popularity, but I suppose it still is a major franchise despite that.

Mewtwo was a ******* fine choice for Melee, thank you, and so is Lucario in Brawl. Lucario deserves it more than any other Pokemon; it can't just be first gen! It has to apply to everyone, so Lucario is for the little kids who know little about Pokemon and just saw the movie! Quit only thinking of yourself...

Pokemon Trainer is also a great characters, if only for his gimmicks.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I might be the only one, but I'm getting pretty sick of Jigglypuff. :ohwell:

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
i like m2, but i would rather have dr. mario just because i mained him in melee and i liked his moves

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I feel Jigglypuff as overstayed its novelty presence, and Brawl needed a revamped Mewtwo; I mean you needed all 8 badges and title of PK Master to get Mewtwo, that is how awesome he was...:)

-Phoenix-

Smash Cadet
Well gee there's not a lot to choose from but i'll say mewtwo. I would have like to seen some good matches against Lucario.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I feel Jigglypuff as overstayed its novelty presence, and Brawl needed a revamped Mewtwo; I mean you needed all 8 badges and title of PK Master to get Mewtwo, that is how awesome he was...:)
Yeah, I'd have to agree. My closest friend-brawler has Jigglypuff as one of his mains, and I'd feel slightly bad for him if they cut her, but jeez. It's tough because she's one of the first 12, but even since SSB64 she has never deserved to be in. Mewtwo was actually being developed for SSB64, but they replaced him with Jiggly for the little Japanese fans. She was/is just as big as Pikachu in Japan. Anyways, just think of how Smash Bros would be if they hadn't replaced Mewtwo. He would definitely have been in every game and by this time, would probably be so much better and refined. We would have Mewtwo mainers. Doesn't that just sound cool?

Lucario isn't even a legendary Pokemon. He's just an "obtainable once" type in D/P, but you can get him by about your 6th badge or so. Dialga and Palkia are bad legendaries. You get them before your last badge. Man I really hated that. Anyways, one vote for the return of Mewtwo in SSB4 (not replacing Lucario though because a battle between the two would be great) -- "Mewtwo Strikes Back".

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
if they kept m2 and lucario, alot of people would complain because that means someone else would b replaced

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I wish Pichu was in Brawl. Now I have to use Jigglypuff as my Dan Hibiki. And the goggles looked way better on Pichu...and I miss his green backpack...

And I don't think Jigglypuff overstayed her welcome. She deserved to be in SSB. If she's popular, then why wouldn't she deserve to be in? Not only that, she was on the cutting block for Melee, but Sakurai learned that people actually wanted Jigglypuff to stay. And look at her...she was the best playable Pokemon in Melee. I don't know about anyone else, but kicking *** with a balloon that can sleep to kill its enemies is nothing but badass.

Mewtwo....when speculation for Brawl was going on, I also thought there was no way that Mewtwo could be removed. But now, I've come to accept it...and I like it. I do feel bad for those who geniunely liked Mewtwo and used him despite his awful design. But Brawl's playable Pokemon roster is the best yet, and I've come to really love Lucario. The first popular fighting type and his monk-like fighting style is just plain awesome, and with his unique aura ability I hope he stays in the Smash series for a while.

Deadandlivin

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo ofcourse.

Ayeah, doctor mario aswell. The could just have made a totally new character :/
Though he needs to have pills and electric hands!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
...I'm glad Mewtwo wasn't kept. The SSBM Mewtwo didn't do him justice at all.

What I'm sad about is that he wasn't revamped.

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
What do I wish was kept in Brawl from it's predeccesors? One thing and one thing only, the community. The Brawl community is, honestly speaking, embracing the roots of failure and PMS.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace

Bad choice? Poke' Trainer is possibly the coolest addition to Brawl. A 3-in-1 character that brings bakc the glory of the original handheld Poke'mon games. Not to mention the fact nobody saw him coming into Brawl.

Mewtwo should have not been cut, though. He is much more memorable than stupid Jigglypuff.

Unusual_Rex

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo should have definitely been kept, except been majorly buffed.

Roy should have been kept, with a different move set, Same with Dr. Mario.

Pichu should get a different Move set, and be buffed.

Smash Rookie
Roy, I'd rather he's better than Ike. and Lucario is a lot better than Mewtwo, but who wants Pichu? he was just a clone of Pikachu who got killed faster

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
by that logic roy was point less too, he was just a clone of marth that got killed faster....lol

but roy was the shiznit, hes the only one i want back

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Mewtwo SHOULD have returned, which is one of the major reasons why Brawl is a BIG dissapointment to me, also wavedashing, l-cancelling and the fact that the characters were more balanced is another KEY thing that should have been adeed to Brawl

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Roy, just because I mained him for about a year, before I started playing for real and realized he was trash. Ahh, the good old days...

Top Bottom