• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you believe has the worst set of B moves?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Yeah, everyone can use their B moves in certain situations, but who do you believe has the worst set overall? (Sorry if this thread has been done before.)

I say Yoshi. They're pretty situational overall, and his best in my opinion is his Egg throw, which can't really bring up the rest of them.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Ganon and CF's.

Nuetral B is to slow. You could play mind games but it's very risky.

Down B can be stopped by the weakest of projectiles. So much for a powerful flying kick.

Side B.
Ganon's is alright because it's a grab. CF has issues again with priority, being stopped by the weakest of attacks. It's not that priority exists as a value rather the way the attack works causes it to be intercepted by enemy hit boxes which in turn causes them to "clank". They both suck because they put you in a dead fall if done off the stage or in the air.

Up B. As a recover move I think it's fine. Sometimes it can "suck in" those who are too close to the edge. Ganon uppercuts at the end so it's pretty safe. The issue is that it's a grab move that easily gimped. Compare to say marth's up B. There's no comparison as marth's up B is much safer to use. Pretty much anybody that has an up B that matches Ganons or CF's vertical distance is better.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Sheik Squirtle Yoshi DDD Captain falcon.
IMO.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ness could be in the running.

Neutral b takes quite some time to charge.

Up-B only hit's once, is easily punished, and is probably the worst of the up-b recoveries out there.

his down-b is alright, but not every projectile can be absorbed (Samus' missiles i.e.)

not too sure on his side-b other than when used in the air can have a lot of lag.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi, Ness, Mr. GAW, Falcon and Squirtle.
Yoshi, Ness and Falcon have already been covered.
Mr. GAW: Chef is worthless as a projectile, Judgment is very unreliable and situational, Oli Panic also doesen't absorb every projectile, making Fire his only reliable one.
Squirtle: Again, Water Gun is better than F.L.U.D.D, but it still sucks ***. Withdraw is maybe the worst special move in the game, making Waterfall the only decent one.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Ike.

Ober+B=Bad
Up+B=Bad
Down+b=average
Regular b=Who uses this?
I was about to say Ike too, but think about it.
Over B is a recovery move. And its one of Ikes fastest moves.
Up-B sucks your right.
Down B yeah meh, average
Regular B has super armor frames. It's a good edgegaurd, and mindgame.

Ike's aren't that good, but they're defiantly not one of the worst.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I was about to say Ike too, but think about it.
Over B is a recovery move. And its one of Ikes fastest moves.
Up-B sucks your right.
Down B yeah meh, average
Regular B has super armor frames. It's a good edgegaurd, and mindgame.

Ike's aren't that good, but they're defiantly not one of the worst.
OverB is very predictable,if he goes to high above the ledge or lands on stage,he has landing lag and be punished.
Regular B,now that I think about it,Its average in the air,Anywhere else,no.

Also,Sheik doesnt have bad B moves >_<
He needles are teh sex.

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle.

Up: Decent recovery. Nothing special
Down: Not good at all if you like Squirtle
Side: Poor. Easy to suicide with
Neutral: Almost as bad as FLUDD

Browny

Smash Hater
yep ikes without a doubt.

He just needs to stick to his nair and jab for damage racking and all his b moves are very punishable to the point of being useless outside of recovery

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
I thought Ike has some of the best B moves.

Side-b = Used for traveling more than the actual attack. Decent recovery when needed.

Up-b = Super armor, gets the opponent away from the ledge when recovering, has a sort of spike if done near the ledge.

Down-b = Decent for defensive Ikes.

B = Not a lot of damage, but has super armor and great knockback.

~

Hmm, I say that Jigglypuff has the worst? I'm not a Jigglypuff user though..

Side-b = Only good one in my opinion.

Up-b = I haven't seen this being useful, even in FFA.

Down-b = Hard to land and doesn't KO as early as it did before.

B = Decent, but usually easy to see coming.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
How can you say Squirtle?

B^: Great damage power if sweetspotted. Average recovery move
B<>: Squirtle can't be damaged while on this. It has priority over almost anything. All right, if you use it at the edge you must recover, but that is your own fault for playing stupid.
Bv: Pokemon change, vital for surviving at high percentages, and getting awesome vertical KO power.
B: Easiest way ever of gimping bad recoveries.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
there seems to be alot of misled ppl in this thread... surprised and glad no1 has said sonic

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
there seems to be alot of misled ppl in this thread... surprised and glad no1 has said sonic
lol... I was just about to mention him too.

B: that's not a homing attack.
SideB: a spindash that lacks priority after the initial frames.
DownB: a spindash that lacks priority after the initial frames.
UpB: excellent recovery, would be his best move if it wasn't for...
Final smash neutral B: 0ver 9000 mode.

Samus's B moves suck... but then again, so does Samus.

B: this blast doesn't kill like it's supposed to.
SideB: the missilesaren't nearly as devastating as they're supposed to be.
UpB: average recovery, can be used for anti-air, yadayadayada... whatever.
DownB: *yawns*

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol... I was just about to mention him too.

B: that's not a homing attack.
SideB: a spindash that lacks priority after the initial frames.
DownB: a spindash that lacks priority after the initial frames.
UpB: excellent recovery, would be his best move if it wasn't for...
Final smash neutral B: 0ver 9000 mode.

Samus's B moves suck... but then again, so does Samus.

B: this blast doesn't kill like it's supposed to.
SideB: the missilesaren't nearly as devastating as they're supposed to be.
UpB: average recovery, can be used for anti-air, yadayadayada... whatever.
DownB: *yawns*

but Sonic's side-B and down-B can be cancelled. Also, Down-B doesn't have any invincibility frames, while side-B does. oh well, his priority sucks anyway, so it doesn't make a bit of difference. the balls are inert.

And I believe Samus uncharged shots are better than charged shots in general.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Sheik Squirtle Yoshi DDD Captain falcon.
IMO.
LOL @ sheik

b -- needle -- fast projectile that screws with a lot of approaches and projectiles. can be used as edgeguarding, though i haven't... fully charged, it's an easy 18%

upb -- vanish -- her second best kill move, pretty easy to trick your opponent into, actually

sideb -- chain -- decent tether recovery, can chainlock for a quick 30+ damage, can chain jacket for easy edgeguarding

downb -- transform -- you're zelda. go KO people (the ones you brought up to high damages with sheik) with whatever attack you do, pretty much.

Hmm, I say that Jigglypuff has the worst? I'm not a Jigglypuff user though..

Side-b = Only good one in my opinion.

Up-b = I haven't seen this being useful, even in FFA.

Down-b = Hard to land and doesn't KO as early as it did before.

B = Decent, but usually easy to see coming.

sideb is awesome (which you acknowledged),
upb DOES have uses (drop from a ledge > jump up > upb > grab ledge > get up from ledge > rest),
downb isn't too hard to hit with (dair > rest, anyone?) and is still a powerful kill move,
b is ok... you just can't spam it... i actually get a lot of rollout kills through punishing slow characters' attacks or dodges.

yeah, jiggs's specials aren't that great =\... but they aren't the worst.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Ganon and CF's.

Nuetral B is to slow. You could play mind games but it's very risky.

Down B can be stopped by the weakest of projectiles. So much for a powerful flying kick.

Side B.
Ganon's is alright because it's a grab. CF has issues again with priority, being stopped by the weakest of attacks. It's not that priority exists as a value rather the way the attack works causes it to be intercepted by enemy hit boxes which in turn causes them to "clank". They both suck because they put you in a dead fall if done off the stage or in the air.

Up B. As a recover move I think it's fine. Sometimes it can "suck in" those who are too close to the edge. Ganon uppercuts at the end so it's pretty safe. The issue is that it's a grab move that easily gimped. Compare to say marth's up B. There's no comparison as marth's up B is much safer to use. Pretty much anybody that has an up B that matches Ganons or CF's vertical distance is better.
Also, CF's side-B is supposed to be a "low-knockback" attack, yet when used, it hits people up considerably higher than in Melee.

Around 60% or so on anybody, the knockback of the attack is so high, and the hitstun is so low, it's pretty much impossible to follow up with the sucky knee.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Squirtle, the only decent one is his Up+B.

Plus who's dumb enough to use his specials when his Tilts and Smashes are all you need.

Sygmus

Smash Cadet
Ike's B moves are good, I don't understand what people are talking about. But anyway...

I gotta go with Ness. I never use PK Pulse or PSI Magnet, PK Thunder is the worst recovery move in the game, and PK Fire is an okay projectile (I'll admit, I like Ness's PK Fire over Lucas's. But Lucas has a better PK Thunder and PK Freeze).

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
I nominated Yoshi for having the worst B-set moves in the game. I mean seriously he's just plain bad. They should make Yoshi's Up smash move the egg throw, picture it as Snake's Stinger Up Smash.

And Ganondorf I like that they changed up your side b to be your own but still, can we be a little more original?

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
Ike's B moves are good, I don't understand what people are talking about. But anyway...

I gotta go with Ness. I never use PK Pulse or PSI Magnet, PK Thunder is the worst recovery move in the game, and PK Fire is an okay projectile (I'll admit, I like Ness's PK Fire over Lucas's. But Lucas has a better PK Thunder and PK Freeze).
Ness's PK Flash has dropped dramatically! wat ever happened to you little guy?

D

Deleted member

I actually kind of think Ike's B moves are useful.

I'd have have to say for worst Yoshi, Jiggs, and Sonic IMO.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
From experience, I'd have to say it's either Ness, Peach, or Sonic

For Ness, good luck hitting anyone with anything except PK Thunder, and the PSI Shield, although better, doesn't really have the same effect as Lucas'

Peach's Down B doesn't work in the air, the Parasol isn't really the most fantastic attack, the Peach Bomber just doesn't seem to be worth the trouble, and Toad, as hard as it is to time, doesn't turn around to hit people if you were hit from behind.

I just can't figure out Sonic. This is all from experience, mind you, and is potentially (and probably) flawed.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I would say CF has the worst b moves in the game.
It may be because I don't use him often (in brawl) but they don't seem very good.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I say MK is the worst.

Neutral B; Doesn't do squat.
UpB; Seriously makes no sense.
SideB; Garbage
DownB; Garbage
:laugh:
:)
:ohwell:
:urg:

Squirtle's Over B has Mega Armor- He can't take damage while in it.

I'd say the worst is...

Yoshi.

B: Too situational, and even so, it's not that hard to break out of, even at higher percentages.

B^: Weak projectile, long ending lag, and you can't even gimp with it.

BV: Too easy to see coming, slow, not useful at all, and LONG ending lag.

B>: I honestly think Squirtle's is better. This is WAY to easy to SD with.

TheAceOfSmash

Smash Apprentice
I think Yoshi's moveset would be better like this.

B = Egg Throw
Forward B = Egg Lay (+tether recovery)
Down B = Yoshi Bomb
Up B = Flutter Jump (Yoshi's double jump)

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Ness could be in the running.
I heavily disagree.

Neutral b takes quite some time to charge.
Neutral B is awful. That's the only one that is.

Up-B only hit's once,
Hit them with the tail.

is easily punished,
Not by floaty characters and people in the air.

and is probably the worst of the up-b recoveries out there.
Wario's?

Just turn the lightning inward.

his down-b is alright, but not every projectile can be absorbed (Samus' missiles i.e.)
Samus's missiles are terrible. King Dedede's waddles are used mostly at much closer ranges than PK magnet is useful for. Snake's grenades are just something you have to deal with. Same with the gyromites. Being able to nullify laser spam from Falco, charge spam from Lucario, and arrow spam from Pit's pretty useful, wouldn't you say.

not too sure on his side-b other than when used in the air can have a lot of lag.
Ever heard of PK jumping? There goes half the lag.

Top Bottom