• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do wario mains use as secondaries?

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
question is in the title. i am new to wario and smash in general but i only play wario and have for a few months now. im looking to pick up a secondary. who do you guys recommend thats a good compliment to wario?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
question is in the title. i am new to wario and smash in general but i only play wario and have for a few months now. im looking to pick up a secondary. who do you guys recommend thats a good compliment to wario?
Everyone secondary isn't going to match your own. The most OBV secondary would be of course MK. But I will say pick a character that actually has a decent match up in a match up you're struggling against. So look at whatever match ups you struggle with then pick up a character that has decent match ups against them.

My secondary for Wario is Zelda. But you most likely don't want to go down that road so play who you feel will improve the match ups you struggle at.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
im mostly struggling against marth. who is a good counter for him??
Snake MK d3 rob wolf falco to a lesser extent and Diddy Kong. The marth match up shouldn't be too bad he's really light and has a blind spot underneath him. LoL gimp city also. What about the match up are you having trouble with ?

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
ill try one of those against marth. do you think wario is capable of taking down a good marth tho lets say of mikehaze's skill??? also whats a good way to approach a camp falco?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
First list your personal bad matchups. wario doesnt have any matches that are unplayable. I main wario, and i second marth/wolf/mk but i do not use them for my bad matchups, i only use them for matchups that i do not feel comfortable playing at that moment in time (usually i just stick with wario 100%) and if i want to take a break from wario.

a good way to approach falco: personally, i prefer the air! Dont worry about getting chain grabbed, it isnt that bad considering falco cant really kill you until like 180. if falco still camps after that, just be patient and weave yourself in.

NEXT TIME PLEASE USE THE Q&A THREAD. THERE ARE MANY HELPFUL PEOPLE THERE THAT ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE. not yelling or angry, but capital so it catches your attention. and im too lazy to hit 'go advanced' and bold it.

Biff Tannen: Since you're new here, I-I'm gonna cut you a break... today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get outta here

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Many Warios uses IC's.

Personally, I use Snake (used to be for facing Marth), MK, and Ness for facing Pit.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I don't have a secondary, and not to be rude, but you shouldn't either....if you're really new you should try to learn the game AND Wario before trying to pick up one.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
First list your personal bad matchups. wario doesnt have any matches that are unplayable. I main wario, and i second marth/wolf/mk but i do not use them for my bad matchups, i only use them for matchups that i do not feel comfortable playing at that moment in time (usually i just stick with wario 100%) and if i want to take a break from wario.

a good way to approach falco: personally, i prefer the air! Dont worry about getting chain grabbed, it isnt that bad considering falco cant really kill you until like 180. if falco still camps after that, just be patient and weave yourself in.

NEXT TIME PLEASE USE THE Q&A THREAD. THERE ARE MANY HELPFUL PEOPLE THERE THAT ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE. not yelling or angry, but capital so it catches your attention. and im too lazy to hit 'go advanced' and bold it.

Biff Tannen: Since you're new here, I-I'm gonna cut you a break... today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get outta here
The falco CG is pretty bad because it's at least 50 damage then it puts you in bad position then there's the tech chase that follows.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
The falco CG is pretty bad because it's at least 50 damage then it puts you in bad position then there's the tech chase that follows.
Very true. But i meant that you should be afraid of it and base your game off just being super scared of falco because of that.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I use Olimar for DDD and PT for Marth. I also use ICs occasionally for Falco, but I usually will just go Wario. My major problem right now is Peach, she ***** ALL of my characters...

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
Seems like majority of people I have talked to have issues with D3 falco the most. Are these matchups heavily in the other characters favor?? So much that it's a necessitiy to use another character??

Asa

Smash Hero
I use Olimar for DDD and PT for Marth. I also use ICs occasionally for Falco, but I usually will just go Wario. My major problem right now is Peach, she ***** ALL of my characters...
Why on earth would you use PT on marth? Marth is one of PT's worst matchups

GR to spike??

I use MK and Oli for DDD and Yoshi, which I have the most trouble with

Gichan

Smash Champion
I like ivysaur and Charizard for Marth. If it wasn't for that lamesauce gr to gr to gr spike Squirtle would do pretty well against marth to. I use to use Bowser for Marth, that went well actually, maybe I should have continued using him.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I like Fox, as a secondary. He doesn't really cover the matchups completely, but he provides a very big playstyle change that can throw people off for that second match. And he's good on FD. And fun.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I went even with ninjalink's marth. I dont see why people have so much trouble with the matchup.

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
i secondary IC and diddy. The falco match up is not bad at all. he may chaingrab up for 50+ dmg [80%+ on green green thank you mlg] but we can chaingrab him right back + **** his recoveries. also i thought d3 wasn't bad. until mlg forget to post d3 walking chaingrab is banned. i was training yesterday with a d3, and omg if you get grabbed once. say hello to 70+ dmg for me, if mlg doesn't turn that rule back on, warios cannot fight d3 lol.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I liked your pun Masky XD

I double up my secondary with either Sonic or Pit, mainly Sonic. I really think he's fun to play, but some MU's seem impossible unless I were to main him. Like IC's for example, jesus christ, lol.

Variable

Smash Ace
I secondary Toon Link, mainly because they're both arieal fighters and have a really similar play style to me. Not sure how it helps the match-ups but eh, it doesn't hurt me too much.

Variable

Smash Ace
Actually I'm not trusting in any of my secondaries.

Wario all the way.
Only reason I do TL on the side is because he still his a simliar play style, (Basically in the air the entire match) but have a few differences. Wario can be aggressive, or campy just like TL, but he fights more close-up, while to TL can stay back more often and spam projectiles, which is nice if I'm getting annoyed and want to play more defensive. But most of the time I usually just go Wario.

Variable

Smash Ace
Ugh Pit's annoying :\ Pits upB is beastly compared to Wario's Spin recovery.. But definately Warios Bike > Pit's Wings.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Only reason I do TL on the side is because he still his a simliar play style, (Basically in the air the entire match) but have a few differences. Wario can be aggressive, or campy just like TL, but he fights more close-up, while to TL can stay back more often and spam projectiles, which is nice if I'm getting annoyed and want to play more defensive. But most of the time I usually just go Wario.
This is actually pretty true. I was/am a TL main and it was really easy for me to pick up wario, a lot of the same skills transfer over. I'm slowly starting to use wario in more and more matchups. I think I'll stay TL for snake though

Variable

Smash Ace
Yeah, same here man. I picked up Wario after playing with TL for a while. It's a nice transition, and both can be used well together.

Top Bottom