• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do Diddy players second???

Czech

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone as you can guesse I main Diddy, but I'm having a bit of trouble on secondary characters. I want someone who compliments Diddys weaknesses. What characters or character do you second fellow Diddy players?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Hmm....This might be something you have to go out and venture with by playing other characters. For me though Yoshi and Diddy are my two best in the game and I'm trying to determine between the two who my main is. I'm not sure how to explain it, but Yoshi helped me with my aerial game for Diddy along with using jabs, tilts and grabs in the right situation.

I guess if I were you I'd use other characters in battles against friends and notice who you do successful with. Hopefully in your situation like mine that secondary will somehow make your Diddy better like Yoshi did for me.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Diddy Kong is a Second Main and my Main Is Jigglypuff. Their both at an equal level in skill to me. I really know how to use Jiggs but her nerf kind of even things with my Diddy Kong Skill level.

Xaile

Smash Cadet
Dedede for me, for a couple reasons.

First, Dedede is fun to play as and is quite a change of pace to Diddy Kong.

Secondly, when you combine the names of King Dedede and Diddy Kong, you either get Dededediddy, or King Kong. Either way, it's great combination. :laugh:

(Edit: I also play Lucario once and a while for characters I have difficulty with, like those with reflectors for the bananas that also out-chaingrab Dedede... *cough*cough*Falco*cough*)

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Id Pick
Marth : Both have a good Ariel Game (Marth's ariel game is alot better tho)
Falco : Diddy and Falco both have great spacing (Bananas/Lazer) they both have a spike which takes timing to pull off and they both have good Bairs which can be used to KO.
but, no once REALLY compliments Diddy because of his unique playing style so its ure choice for a secondary

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I don't 2nd anyone is the technical sense, I just "main" 3 characters.

I use Diddy, Sonic and Metaknight.

Diddy helped my Sonic game a lot somehow and I like how Metaknight is Kirby with an air game that has reach....but I don't use him as much cause Diddy and Sonic are more fun.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
I'm still in the process of choosing a secondary character, actually. I've had Jigglypuff as my secondary for a long time, but I've wanted to branch out with characters that I've never given a chance to previously, so I've recently picked up Mario and Link. I'm still trying to get over both of their horrid recoveries...

Neverendingend2

Smash Rookie
Well I second Snake :p. He is slower than diddy, but the mind games he can pull and brute strength make him great funny, ofcourse no one lives up to the love for diddy.

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
try falco or kirby
falco can make up alot for diddy
kirby just rocks like that

timinator18

Smash Rookie
i main diddy, and i sub toon link and pit. not really because they compliment diddy, but because theyre all fast characters. im just alot better using diddy.

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
Kirby for me, although I'm not exactly sure how that fares when it comes to matchups.

DragoonAnger

Smash Rookie
Diddy has been my main from the beginning, but my secondaries have changed quite a bit. Luigi is my second most used character, I like his killer air game and recovery, and his floaty style messes with the opponent. Plus his projectile is very useful (I don't understand why people bash it). PT is third, Squirtle's air game is fantastic and he has a few good killers, Ivysaur is great for spacing and building up damage, and Charizard is just a powerhouse. Then I use Ness a bit too, he's just all around fun and landing his sweetspotted attacks is very satisfying. It's nice to have his yoyos actually be useful this time around. I don't know how well these characters compliment each other, I just use who fits my style.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
I don't have an actual second but i like messing around with - Wario, Wolf, Snake, Metaknight [ for friendlys ]

I go straight Diddy in tournaments.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I main Diddy and Pikachu at the moment. I've also been playing Toon and ROB for quite a while. More recently I've been learning to play Luigi, Kirby, and Yoshi.

theblowmonkeys3

Smash Rookie
Diddy is my main and sonic is my second because I like how they are both small and fast, diddy isn't THAT fast but decently fast. but i use those two because they are fun and they are both in the same weight kinda and not tooooo much different. :psycho:

Top Bottom