• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are your ex main's in Brawl?

a-maz-ing

Smash Journeyman
Who are the characters you attempted to main when the game first came out but then realized that it wasnt going to work? and was there any special reason it didnt work?

I left

Sonic: His low priority and hit power annonyed me. He also didnt fit my playstyle. If he was a little bit stronger i could main him IMO

Wario: his short range and bad recovery annoyed me. I kno he can have good recovery wit his VB and bike but those are situational.

Pit: He and MK were my original mains but Pit is more defensive to me and i like aggresive styles like MK. Also felt a lil bit awkard for my play style but i miss spamming his arrows and that shield....

kr3wman

Smash Master
Falcon, then Marth, then Snake, then Sheik, then G&W, then Kirby, then ROB.

I still play them all tho.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ike: I was uber at punishing, at Ike was just what I needed. I also did DDD, until chaingrab started to get ridiculous, and the feel of the character wasn't what I wanted. Then I found Lucario and Marth...
I've been happy since :)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I've never mained anyone else. <_<

loyalty ftw

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Wolf: He's sort of neat as a character, but he didn't replace Falco (which he should of) and Krystal would of been a much better 3rd SF rep.

Peach: I never used her that much, but when I try to, then it's fail. I never liked her at all and her floaty dress is stupid. Her floating is akward, her aerials suck, her double jump isn't even a jump, and her normal turnips are so bad that Stitch Faces, beam swords, and bob-ombs don't make up for it. Have I mentioned that her floaty dress is stupid? Peach can't throw her wacko smiley turnips while floating and she likes flashing her underwear. When I used her, I almost lost a match against somebody that I usually 3-stock. Her only redeeming quality is that she was a tank in Super Paper Mario. Peach is also the one that always gets kidnapped by Bowser. Why doesn't Mario marry Bowser already? Bowser would make a much better husband for Mario than Peach as a wife for Mario would would. Bowser is jealous of Peach getting all of Mario's attention, so that's he kidnaps Peach. Bowser has no romantic thoughts of Peach like most people believe.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Wolf: Not sure why.... I just never really got into him. I guess he was a neat char at first, but quickly got old.

Meta Knight: I saw another player that completely blew mine out of the water, so felt no need to use him.

Link: I just don't like the way he plays in Brawl.... (SSB64 Link FTW)

Sheik: Stopped so I can pick up other more effective characters for myself.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I used Ice Climbers since the start, and I finally decided to drop them (as a competitive character, at least) after I realized how much Nana pisses me off.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Luigi: I still love 'em, but I kinda lost the knack for him when I picked up....

King DDD: The only reason I don't play him anymore is cuz now I main

OLIMAR. I still dabble in some luigi shenanigans though

Riku00

Smash Ace
Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
PikaPoop
Bowser
Peach
Zelda
Shiek
IC's
MetaButt
Pit
ZSS
Wario
Ike
PT
Diddy
Lucas
DDD
Olimar
Ness
Marth
Luigi
Falco
Capt. Falcon
Lucario
ROB
G&W
Ganon
Jiggz
T. Link
Wolf
Snake
Sonic

REASON:
i get bored if i play as the same character over and over. And i don't play well if i get bored with my character.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
S=started, D=droped, P=picked up, C=continued
S:diddy and meta
D:meta C:diddy
P:toonlink C:diddy
C:toonlink D:diddy
C:toonlink P:zss
C:tlink D:zss P:ddd P:diddy
C:tlink D:ddd and diddy P:falco
C:tlink D:falco
C:toonlink P: diddy and ness
C:tlink D:diddy and ness
C:tlink P:kirby
C:tlink D:kirby P: wario and peach
C:tlink P:diddy D:wario and peach
C:toonlink D:diddy P:kirby
C:tlink D:kirby
C:tlink P:meta
C:tlink and meta P:diddy
C:tlink meta diddy P:olimar
C:tlink diddy D:meta and olimar

i've been with toonlink and diddy for about 3-4 months now. i think ill stay with these two:)

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I started with fox because I played him in melee (casually) and I just couldn't handle him. I really liked wario though. I ended up playing him as a joke because my friends said he sucked, so that was enough motivation right there to kick their ***** with him.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I dropped MK. I choose him before the game even came out, but once there was a threat of ban, I dropped him.

Not like I need to train with him anyway.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Ike. He was so easy to kill with. but that was against slow lv3 cpu. I would of gotten my butt kicked against a decent player.

Now I have totally traded, for fox, the fast one!

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
when brawl first came out the first thing on my mind was
POKEMON TRAINERRRRR!!!!!!!
also picked up zelda, falco, metaknight, samus, link, toon link, gannondorf, luigi, game&watch, fox, wario, sonic, kirby, zero suit samus, ness, and pit for a while

pit is my only tournament main and ness is my only fun main that i use to this day

MBreeto

Smash Ace
S=started, D=droped, P=picked up, C=continued
S:diddy and meta
D:meta C:diddy
P:toonlink C:diddy
C:toonlink D:diddy
C:toonlink P:zss
C:tlink D:zss P:ddd P:diddy
C:tlink D:ddd and diddy P:falco
C:tlink D:falco
C:toonlink P: diddy and ness
C:tlink D:diddy and ness
C:tlink P:kirby
C:tlink D:kirby P: wario and peach
C:tlink P:diddy D:wario and peach
C:toonlink D:diddy P:kirby
C:tlink D:kirby
C:tlink P:meta
C:tlink and meta P:diddy
C:tlink meta diddy P:olimar
C:tlink diddy D:meta and olimar

i've been with toonlink and diddy for about 3-4 months now. i think ill stay with these two:)
Omg mind****. I kinda understand it, but how did you drop olimar without initially picking him up, or maybe I read it wrong

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I originally used Ice Climbers, with no chaingrabs. Then after watching Mega play, it inspired me to play Lucas. So I began switching back and forth between a few characters and realized that having a main is just a title you give yourself. So I stuck with Lucas and Ness after that.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Meta Knight because he's used so often in tourney's, that I get board with playing him. I was in a verg of droping Falco in the begining of April last year, till I found out his taunts were too cool, and his chain grabs is kind of fun so I won't drop him.

M.K

Level 55
I dropped:

Ness: He is a great character, but he is easily exploited.

Sonic: Too much of a hassle to kill with, attacks lack....power.

Pit: I....I don't really know why I dropped him.

Slasherx

Smash Ace
I started out with Marth (Loved the Fair combo to spike)
But now majority are using him so
I drop him to go to Link with more advanced skills.
However I still use Marth sometime for fun.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Used Ike in the original Gamestop tourney but only because I couldn't use Marth. Then traded Ike for Marth when I unlocked him but realized that I didn't really like him anymore (he was my Melee main) so I started liking Falco (who was my Melee secondary). Then I had to decide between Falco, Diddy, or Toon Link cause I really liked all of them, but decided on Falco.

Osi

Smash Ace
I went through fox -> tlink -> falco -> marth -> mario -> DK -> samus -> D3 -> Jiggly -> Peach

Booseter Seat

Smash Cadet
The main I right away was using was Link. Eventually, I discovered Lucas, and made Link a secondary because I wasn't as good with him as I wanted to be, and I wanted to main a more unique character. And even then, things didn't go so well. I wanted to hold onto Link, but...Instead, I held a sort of secondary audition with myself (yeah...), and came out using Lucario as a secondary. I still don't really know how this happened.

wrrryyy

Smash Rookie
I had originally picked up Ice Climbers because I loved the videos of Chu Dat in melee, and when Brawl first came out, I saw Void's videos. I couldn't play like either of them to the level that I had hoped, so I dropped them.

I was originally planning to main Pokemon Trainer, but I didn't like how you HAD to switch them eventually, so I dropped PT, too.

I then mained Game and Watch for a bunch of months afterwards, but no new AT's were being found (until bucket breaking last month), so I dropped him too. :(

Sticking with Sheik now. :)

Majora's Incarnation

Smash Cadet
MK. He was the first character I used. I mained him, and was decent with him, but then I found out how broken he was. I then started using MK thinking,"I am MK, neel before me. I am invincible, your attacks are useless." Not the best mindset. One could even consider it a noobish mindset. I eventually dropped him. I really didn't have a character I was good with afterwards. I used Olimar though since he was the only decent one. One day, Olimar clicked with me though, and now I'm pretty good with him. MK is the only Main I've dropped, but I'm considering dropping Falco.(I've been maining Olimar since summer, before he was High Tier.)

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
It took me a couple months to find my favorites and the ones I was just good with, and from about June 08 I used DK, G&W, Marth, and Pika... but they all slowly fell by the wayside. :\

(August 08) DK: I used this guy a lot in doubles. But eventually I realized G&W was just a better character, so I dropped him altogether. Though I still use him in friendlies.

(September 08) G&W: I originally had him for MK, but when we all started realizing how bad that MU was.... I looked at how he played against the other top tier, didn't really seem worth it to me to struggle so much vs Snake and he already has a disadvantage on Marth... so I saw no more use for him.

(October 08) Pika: Originally continued using Pikachu for Snake players. As Snake players got better, they learned how to cope with chaingrabs and how to use their range to avoid grabs and outspace Pika, and they got more patient and started refusing to get flustered by thunder jolt spam... the matchup started to slide out of Pika's favor. So with many tears and a great sigh, I stopped using the little rat. Though I may be using Pika vs MK if my last main isn't doing to hot against some person's MK.

Now I use Marth and only Marth...

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
snake was the first char i mained. i stopped when everyone started maining him
Lololol. What about meta Knight? Everbody mains him.

And Ive used, in this order

Marth
Ike
Kirby
GW
MetaKnight
Snake
DDD
Mario
Pikachu
Zss
Samus
Toon Link
MetaKnight
Sheik
Diddy
MetaKnight

EarthWindandFire

Smash Rookie
I actually came back to some mains I ditched near the release of Brawl. Mario dissapointed me with his low range and esapable comboes, but I eventually learned of momentum and pressuring that made Mario more interesting
in my own opinion. Plus I learned of FLUDD and the cape's gimping capabilities.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Pokemon Trainer: I thought playing as Ivysaur and Charizard would be the best thing ever. Boy was I wrong.

Luigi: Eh. I used to main him in Melee, but without sliding around like a maniac, Luigi is no fun.

King Dedede: I got bored of him.

Top Bottom