• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the more boring characters? ( in your opinion )

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wow you have no idea what you are saying. You know nothing about her metagame which has evolved pretty rapidly recently.

I have turned a lot of people with very good tournament placings from thinking Jigglypuff is a complete and utter joke to thinking about picking her up and worrying about facving one again.
*looks at tournament placing thread*

Uh... yeah... Jigglypuff's metagame is essentially hit and run (or should I say air dodge) and edgeguarding. Even her jab cancel isn't that useful because of her laughably bad reach and even then she's still one of the few character that has virtually no good set ups with her throws. Jigglypuff is like a half baked, lighter Kirby with faster aerial movement.

@ whoever said it:

Ganondorf has plenty of kill moves. Dair, bair, ftilt, fsmash, usmash, fair, and even uair have reasonable KO potential and they are made more effective if you take advantage of autocanceling bair and dair. Like Ike, Ganondorf has a lot of KO potential and reach but the problem is that a lot of his attacks are slow and most of his set ups involve his throws.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
*looks at tournament placing thread*

Uh... yeah... Jigglypuff's metagame is essentially hit and run (or should I say air dodge) and edgeguarding. Even her jab cancel isn't that useful because of her laughably bad reach and even then she's still one of the few character that has virtually no good set ups with her throws. Jigglypuff is like a half baked, lighter Kirby with faster aerial movement.

@ whoever said it:

Ganondorf has plenty of kill moves. Dair, bair, ftilt, fsmash, usmash, fair, and even uair have reasonable KO potential and they are made more effective if you take advantage of autocanceling bair and dair. Like Ike, Ganondorf has a lot of KO potential and reach but the problem is that a lot of his attacks are slow and most of his set ups involve his throws.
Your sense of humor astounds me. <3

As does your ignorance. <3

DemonFart

Smash Lord
I sense anger.
I used to think jigglypuff was boring but now I am thinking of picking her up seriously.

:094:

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
I don't really think there is a "boring" character, each character has a different way of being played and have different techs to be discovered. Having said that, personally I don't really enjoy playing Ike. It's not that I don't know how to play him, but there is something about the way he's played that makes me just not want to play him. But hey, to each his own.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What are you talking about? I don't know what Ganondorf's neutral b even does. :confused:

He's fun to play as, but by no means should you ever use him for a tournament.
If you want to win, that is.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Falcon is boring. Aside from the odd Falcon Punch you manage to land (Out of the millions that you attempt to initiate, mind you), there is nothing in his moveset that makes him interesting. The fact that his character plays pretty clunky overall is also a reason I avoid him. All I am able to do with him are some auto-cancelled dairs and dthrow > dash attack combos. Not a very impressive arsenal, to say the least. Also, he's bottom on the tier list. =P
Are you feeling bitter for jiggly getting hated on so you had to hate on the falcon? That's ok, you can hate him, but let me just explain a few things.

If your comboing a dthrow into a dash attack then your not playing him right lol. Especially when that should be shield grabbed or air dodged. ac dair to knee is a good combo knee storming seems to have a lot of potential as of late and a lot of his combos stem from his jab game.

As for my dislikes.

I second marth, but he really is boring here as of late.
I don't much care for peach either. I loved melee jiggz, but my brawl jiggs has just fallen to the waste side.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Maybe Donkey Kong and Yoshi who happen to be the characters I'm just not good with. Also, Jigglypuff is not all that interesting.

Meta Knight is okay, but I don't like his style.
The swordsmen in Brawl aren't really that exciting except for Ike (I'm probably going to get flamed by Marth users) and Toon Link.

Splice

Smash Hero
I think Meta Knight and G&W are fun O_.o but thats me

Probably Bowser. Slowness tires me... and DK. But I love DeDeDe.
Link is also fairly boring.

Top Bottom